Menu

Pages (2)    1 2
Economic505   23 Sep 2021, 12:14 am
(22 Sep 2021, 11:01 pm)Stanleyone wrote Pleased to say he's not one of my customers, if he really uses our services and appalling attitude towards a customer, more like calling him out for what he is, a simple keyboard warrior with a grudge.

So you are someone who rings up asking if you have 5 mins to spare to answer a few questions?

Later buses and 24 hour services recently introduced, drivers more than happy to do them for no extra in the pay packet. You really are not helping your cause. Did you apply to work for gne and get knocked back, hence the pure hatred towards drivers?

As said above, more late night services, 24 hour buses, do amazon give an enhanced rate for night shift working?, yes they do but drivers don't and simply get on with the job. The industry isn't on its arse, but it would be if we were left in yours and keyboard warriors hands.
Interesting debate. I conclude that StreetDeckFan’s login had been hacked by some Right wing Adam Smith type extremist , or he is simply an idiot.
idiot   23 Sep 2021, 8:05 am
It would really benefit quite a few people I know if there was some sort of skeleton service on CD and NYD.

I think now in the 21st century to the majority of businesses bank Holidays are normal days.
Adrian   23 Sep 2021, 8:10 am
Moderation: We're always reluctant to stop or prevent debate, ban certain topics, remove posts and so on, but the name calling and personal attacks need to stop.

Debate needs to remain reasonable. All posters are never going to always agree, so its important to acknowledge the need to agree to disagree from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Driver9***   23 Sep 2021, 7:43 pm
I've driven buses for over 20 years now and it'll be a cold day in Hell before I work Boxing or New Years day.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ambassador   23 Sep 2021, 8:08 pm
(23 Sep 2021, 7:43 pm)Driver9*** wrote I've driven buses for over 20 years now and it'll be a cold day in Hell before I work Boxing or New Years day.

You seem a real customer service orientated professional… I would hope there’s plenty of more forward thinking recruits who would work, especially Boxing Day.

I’d hope they aren’t planning to run Sunday services on the Monday and Tuesday substitute Bank Hols. 

The lack of provision in public transport on NYD in this region is staggering to me. Boxing Day will no doubt happen, sure us tax payers will continue to keep the industry afloat.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Adrian   23 Sep 2021, 8:16 pm
(23 Sep 2021, 7:43 pm)Driver9*** wrote I've driven buses for over 20 years now and it'll be a cold day in Hell before I work Boxing or New Years day.

Out of interest, do you do anything on Boxing Day, or is it just that you've always had boxing day off - so the principal of it? 

I've only had to work two Boxing days and one Christmas Day in the past 15 years personally, but that's because there's no demand from our clients under normal circumstances, so I have to admit I don't understand the needing to have that specific day off. If I could have my bank holidays rolled up in to leave, I'd probably opt for that instead, and have flexibility of when I take the time off.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
IRHardy   25 Sep 2021, 9:53 am
(22 Sep 2021, 10:01 pm)Ambassador wrote The North East is an exception to the rule, our drivers would have kittens looking at working patterns outside the region with their  archaic attitude…they even run services on….whisper….New Years Day

Pre Covid TfL ran a normal Sunday Service on New Years Day, there was also a increased Night Bus Service above the normal Saturday night bus PVR of 835.

TfL's Boxing Day had a slightly later start but then a normal Sunday service (with no night buses during the night of 25th & 26th)..
Driver9***   25 Sep 2021, 6:04 pm
(23 Sep 2021, 8:16 pm)Adrian wrote Out of interest, do you do anything on Boxing Day, or is it just that you've always had boxing day off - so the principal of it? 

I've only had to work two Boxing days and one Christmas Day in the past 15 years personally, but that's because there's no demand from our clients under normal circumstances, so I have to admit I don't understand the needing to have that specific day off. If I could have my bank holidays rolled up in to leave, I'd probably opt for that instead, and have flexibility of when I take the time off.
Arriva only started running boxing day services a few years ago and there are usually enough volunteers to cover the duties due to the double time pay on offer. Just a matter of time before they class it as a standard BH (£25 one off payment that's your lot, be grateful for that you entry level scum).

(23 Sep 2021, 8:08 pm)Ambassador wrote You seem a real customer service orientated professional… I would hope there’s plenty of more forward thinking recruits who would work, especially Boxing Day.

I’d hope they aren’t planning to run Sunday services on the Monday and Tuesday substitute Bank Hols. 

The lack of provision in public transport on NYD in this region is staggering to me. Boxing Day will no doubt happen, sure us tax payers will continue to keep the industry afloat.
Yes I'm sorry about that, especially since bus drivers don't pay tax..........
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
col87   29 Sep 2021, 11:20 am
(23 Sep 2021, 8:05 am)idiot wrote It would really benefit quite a few people I know if there was some sort of skeleton service on CD and NYD.

I think now in the 21st century to the majority of businesses bank Holidays are normal days.
Yes it would benefit a few people especially me if I get the move I want however looking at Hartlepool as an example how many people would really use the 7 on Christmas Day to get from Owton Manor to the Headland or the 6 from Clavering to the Fens.  It would be the drivers giving up Christmas Day driving empty buses with maybe one or two people on every second journey. I want better evening services and services in total but Christmas Day would be a complete waste. I would think it be no different in Newcastle either even using a limited amount of single deckers how many people realistically would be wanting to use the bus to get from Wallsend to Walker or where ever very few would use it.    
I do agree a limited service on Boxing Day might work though but they still unlikely to be many people using it then either.
GuyParkRoyal   12 Nov 2021, 4:27 pm
Nexus have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of Boxing Day 2021 bus services.
Train8261   12 Nov 2021, 4:38 pm
(12 Nov 2021, 4:27 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote Nexus have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of Boxing Day 2021 bus services.
So basically they can go to anyone 

(Possible Stagecoach doing GNE routes) kind of thing
omnicity4659   12 Nov 2021, 10:14 pm
(12 Nov 2021, 4:38 pm)Train8261 wrote So basically they can go to anyone 

(Possible Stagecoach doing GNE routes) kind of thing

Depends if GNE routes aren't already covered commercially by GNE.

I believe Nexus has issued tenders out before. 44/45 to Dinnington comes to mind.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Train8261   12 Nov 2021, 10:27 pm
Yea Stagecoach & Weardale have ran them
Keeiajs   13 Nov 2021, 9:19 pm
(12 Nov 2021, 4:27 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote Nexus have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of Boxing Day 2021 bus services.
Are you aware of the services?
Train8261   13 Nov 2021, 9:26 pm
Do nexus decided what services are ran on boxing day
MurdnunoC   13 Nov 2021, 10:04 pm
Nexus decide which services they are going to subsidise on Boxing Day based upon what is deemed to be socially necessary.

However there is nothing stopping bus companies running their routes commercially on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year's Day if they desire.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Pages (2)    1 2