Menu

Pages (4)    1 2 3 4
Aaron21   07 Mar 2024, 3:34 pm
(07 Mar 2024, 11:18 am)DeltaMan wrote The return of the 100 would be extremely handy to have given how busy GNE services already are between Newcastle and Metrocentre

But Stagecoach and any other operator don't seem interested.

Think Stagecoach have had an issue (imo) with Nexus so if Stagecoach did bring thr 100 back say under BSIP then if nexus had a say. Can't see it happening tbf
logidoodah   08 Mar 2024, 1:05 am
(07 Mar 2024, 3:34 pm)Aaron21 wrote Think Stagecoach have had an issue (imo) with Nexus so if Stagecoach did bring thr 100 back say under BSIP then if nexus had a say. Can't see it happening tbf

what makes you say that there has been an issue?
Ambassador   08 Mar 2024, 4:12 pm
I'm surprised more people don't use the train. It's £1.80 each way (or £4.40 day return if you book on the day) and they normally are carrying fresh air

DUring my brief foray into South Tyneside I used to get the metro to Central and get the train - far quicker and a much nicer experience than the rabid children on the X66
Andreos1   08 Mar 2024, 4:22 pm
(08 Mar 2024, 4:12 pm)Ambassador wrote I'm surprised more people don't use the train. It's £1.80 each way (or £4.40 day return if you book on the day) and they normally are carrying fresh air

DUring my brief foray into South Tyneside I used to get the metro to Central and get the train - far quicker and a much nicer experience than the rabid children on the X66

Free if you have a Network Travel ticket. 

A mate was paying for taxis when GNE were on strike.
Until I pointed out he didn't have to pay by virtue of his ticket. 

Not sure he's gone back to the bus.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ambassador   02 Apr 2024, 12:24 am
Happy First Day of closures everyone.

Can’t wait for the operators to blame the Tyne bridge for everything (we’ll ignore the 21 being 35 minutes late due to Gateshead councils incompetent traffic management or the SDC being useless)
Adrian   02 Apr 2024, 7:59 am
(02 Apr 2024, 12:24 am)Ambassador wrote Happy First Day of closures everyone.

Can’t wait for the operators to blame the Tyne bridge for everything (we’ll ignore the 21 being 35 minutes late due to Gateshead councils incompetent traffic management or the SDC being useless)
I hope you're not underestimating a Gannon x Hughes masterplan....

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Ambassador   04 Apr 2024, 12:49 pm
One observation from me - they really need to stick some yellow x lines and enforce them at the junction where buses exit Askew Road to join the Bridge - quite a few cars blocking the junction.

Not helped by those pedestrian lights as soon as you enter the Northbound carriageway
DeltaMan   15 Apr 2024, 8:19 pm
Couldn't quite believe it today but for the first time in literally MONTHS my usual bus left Eldon Square bang on time. Long live the Tyne Bridge works!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   17 Apr 2024, 10:43 am
(15 Apr 2024, 8:19 pm)DeltaMan wrote Couldn't quite believe it today but for the first time in literally MONTHS my usual bus left Eldon Square bang on time. Long live the Tyne Bridge works!
I found the same today. Peak time service and no hassle whatsoever getting from Gateshead into Newcastle on an X1. All the bus lanes make a difference, and you could see cars backed up for ages.

No doubt Gammon will be praising himself in the press, but I think this appears to be working better than anyone expected

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Ambassador   17 Apr 2024, 10:47 am
Yes have to agree so far it seems ok - the improvements at Collingwood St/Bigg Market have really helped too.

Still think there's some light timing issues on the Gateshead side (and the A184 towards Gateshead is a mess) but it seems to be working ok
Andreos1   17 Apr 2024, 4:06 pm
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/bstc7HhcwKbh4wjo/

Radio Newcastle did this experiment earlier.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
omnicity4659   18 Apr 2024, 1:48 pm
one car parked in the spectacular park and ride this morning
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DeltaMan   18 Apr 2024, 2:38 pm
Last work day for me and 4 out of 4 on time departures. Genuinely impressive
Unber43   18 Apr 2024, 8:32 pm
So theyre getting into Eldon Square on time and its down to 1 lane..keep it like that
Ambassador   18 Apr 2024, 9:03 pm
I would point out that a lot of resource went into basically scaring commuters to stay at home through various working groups with the added benefit of the chronicles attempt at journalism

I would say that’s possibly had a bigger impact than they’ll admit.
Storx   18 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm
(18 Apr 2024, 9:03 pm)Ambassador wrote I would point out that a lot of resource went into basically scaring commuters to stay at home through various working groups with the added benefit of the chronicles attempt at journalism

I would say that’s possibly had a bigger impact than they’ll admit.

Not to mention the Tyne Tunnel and A1 and roads generally going around Newcastle have been an absolute nightmare the past week. 

Be interesting to see if the bridge gets worse as it'll be quicker to go over it than sitting in the queues back to Holystone / Tesco's on the A19. 

Our village has been horrendous recently with everyone rat running Moor Farm and roadworks as part of the Northumberland Line isn't helping either but that can't be helped.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   20 Apr 2024, 7:10 am
I have to say taking the ex crocodile to work in Newcastle as normal across the Redhaugh bridge i didn't notice any difference there. Same as when i had to pop to slatyford one morning, scotwood bridge was fine with no delays
Pages (4)    1 2 3 4