Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Coatham Coaches | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Coatham Coaches
Based at Margrove Park near Guisborough.

News to start us off is Mercedes Vario YJ04GYU sold to Rothbury Motors

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

RE: Coatham Coaches
(12 Feb 2015, 12:53 pm)John_R wrote Coatham have tweeted that they have a Yutong TC9 coach on order.

Bought a number of second hand additions too I understand

More new additions here are
Mercedes Sprinter RK15DSU (22 seat)
Yutong TC9 YC15WCL (35 seat)

Not sure what will be leaving as yet but will update when I do!

(30 May 2015, 7:26 am)John_R wrote A new addition is a VDL Futura - see twitter feed for photos.

https://twitter.com/coatham

Saw that at the Shell garage in Guisborough yesterday afternoon and wondered if it was theirs!

See see attached for photo of the new corporate livery as applied to the new Bova. Looks brilliant on the silver Bova!
.jpg image.jpg

(07 Jun 2015, 3:41 pm)tyresmoke wrote See see attached for photo of the new corporate livery as applied to the new Bova. Looks brilliant on the silver Bova!

Paragon YR02ZLU now wears the revised corporate scheme, but in a white/red/blue as per their website.

New addition here is Yutong TC9 YG17STX.
I believe Coatham have been taken over by Stanley Travel, however they will retain the same livery.
I'll fully update the fleet list to what I currently know.

Recent arrivals over last few months are:
RF19VAK Mercedes Sprinter / EVM
YD19HGA Yutong TC9

WA06LZL Bova Futura
BN11UGC/UGF Mercedes Tourismo (wheelchair accessible)
YX68UKT ADL Enviro 200

LDV Maxus BV57DSZ has been sold to The Eden

Only recent changes here has been the E200 YX68UKT returned to Dawson's and Sirocco LK14DXZ leaving the fleet.

Just seen this on linkedin. 

Some good news, I know it’s rare at the moment! We’ve just heard our tenders for some more routes at Prior Pursglove College were successful, so that now gives us 12 out of the 13 available, the planning starts now
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(17 Jun 2020, 9:09 am)Andreos1 wrote Just seen this on linkedin. 
Great news isn't it. We'll now operate all of routes 1-12 which is basically what I used to operate at Stagecarriage and the remaining one (13, ex Skelton Coaches) stays with M&D Travel.

(17 Jun 2020, 12:05 pm)tyresmoke wrote Great news isn't it. We'll now operate all of routes 1-12 which is basically what I used to operate at Stagecarriage and the remaining one (13, ex Skelton Coaches) stays with M&D Travel.

Really good news. Good to see and hear of local operators picking up work like this.
Coatham Fleet update
Quick update from our fleet. B9 Levante FJ12GAX has finished its rebuild, and been repainted all white. Stickers to be applied next. The other one (FJ12GBV) is away at Glen Valley being converted to 70 seats.
B10M Premier N861DSP is for sale if anyone wants a cheap school bus!

Not my photos...
.jpeg B1253124-34D1-4698-8E5E-A6EA230CDA80.jpeg
.jpeg 27B52442-96C1-4A56-8FD4-DB5368092B1A.jpeg

(10 Jul 2020, 5:53 pm)col87 wrote Will you be getting some second hand buses or renting any for the school contracts ?
Yes we will be, but it’s yet to be finalised. I’m going to look at some on Tuesday apparently.

(11 Jul 2020, 6:58 am)tyresmoke wrote Yes we will be, but it’s yet to be finalised. I’m going to look at some on Tuesday apparently.
Former GNE Solo YJ10MFN (ex 705) has joined our fleet today. 
We’ve also done a very quiet soft launch of the new CoathamConnect brand which you can see it is displaying.... more news on this soon!
.jpeg 2C84C508-DB96-45AC-BAAD-3EFD42934295.jpeg

(05 Aug 2020, 3:13 pm)tyresmoke wrote Former GNE Solo YJ10MFN (ex 705) has joined our fleet today. 
We’ve also done a very quiet soft launch of the new CoathamConnect brand which you can see it is displaying.... more news on this soon!

I never used much from that batch after they came north, but found them decent enough to ride on in their previous life. 
It will be interesting to see what the bodywork on them is like. Visually, some of them weren't in the best of condition prior to moving north. I couldn't have seen that much being spent on them once they did.

However, intregued to know more about the new brand and what it's going to be used on.
(05 Aug 2020, 3:59 pm)Andreos1 wrote I never used much from that batch after they came north, but found them decent enough to ride on in their previous life. 
It will be interesting to see what the bodywork on them is like. Visually, some of them weren't in the best of condition prior to moving north. I couldn't have seen that much being spent on them once they did.

However, intregued to know more about the new brand and what it's going to be used on.
Announced today that we will be launching a service 18 under the CoathamConnect brand which will link Stokesley, Great Alton, Guisborough and Saltburn soon! More details when I can.
Levantes FJ12GAX/GBV both arrived back from 70 seat conversion at Glen Valley today.

(12 Aug 2020, 8:31 pm)tyresmoke wrote Announced today that we will be launching a service 18 under the CoathamConnect brand which will link Stokesley, Great Alton, Guisborough and Saltburn soon! More details when I can.
Levantes FJ12GAX/GBV both arrived back from 70 seat conversion at Glen Valley today.

Congratulations! Hopefully service 18 will be successful! Just out of interest, is the stretch between Stokesley and Guisborough supported by NYCC (who were looking to find a replacement for Arriva's 81s) or is it a commercial operation?