You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecarriage of Grangetown

RE: Stagecarriage of Grangetown
(10 Jan 2019, 11:01 am)Kuyoyo wrote PB1118065/43 Registered
STAGECARRIAGE LIMITED
Route: Middlesbrough Bus Station to Owington Farm via Teeside Park, Stockton, Norton, Billingham
Service number: X7 (X7S)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 17 Feb 2019

New Teeside Links? I take it this will NOT go into North Tees Hospital?

X7 will be hourly Middlesbrough - Low Grange via Teesside Park, Stockton, Norton and Billingham before doing a loop of Low Grange. The X7S is the school time variation with the diversion via Mill Lane and extended to Northfield School (current 986).

There’s no change to the current hourly X8 between Middlesbrough and Stillington other than a few minutes in the afternoon peak to give some journeys extra time. The James Cook extension hasn’t proved a success so this is being cut along with service 6. It should hopefully make our services a lot stronger as we’ve had loads of requests for a direct bus to Teesside Park from Norton & Billingham!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(10 Jan 2019, 5:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote X7 will be hourly Middlesbrough - Low Grange via Teesside Park, Stockton, Norton and Billingham before doing a loop of Low Grange. The X7S is the school time variation with the diversion via Mill Lane and extended to Northfield School (current 986).

There’s nao change to the current hourly X8 between Middlesbrough and Stillington other than a few minutes in the afternoon peak to give some journeys extra time. The James Cook extension hasn’t proved a success so this is being cut along with service 6. It should hopefully make our services a lot stronger as we’ve had loads of requests for a direct bus to Teesside Park from Norton & Billingham!

COMERICAL man?!

(10 Jan 2019, 5:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote X7 will be hourly Middlesbrough - Low Grange via Teesside Park, Stockton, Norton and Billingham before doing a loop of Low Grange. The X7S is the school time variation with the diversion via Mill Lane and extended to Northfield School (current 986).
There’s no change to the current hourly X8 between Middlesbrough and Stillington other than a few minutes in the afternoon peak to give some journeys extra time. The James Cook extension hasn’t proved a success so this is being cut along with service 6. It should hopefully make our services a lot stronger as we’ve had loads of requests for a direct bus to Teesside Park from Norton & Billingham!

Shame about James Cook. The council still hadn't removed 'no services' from some of the bus stop plates. I told them.
Not sure if this was post but this was post on the Stagecarriage facebook page:

Welcome to Bus4, your new public transport provider across the Tees Valley area!

It’ll still be the same great service operated by the same team from Stagecarriage that you’ve always known. We will continue to invest in the fleet with a brand new livery to be introduced shortly!

The new identity is launching from mid February and we’re giving you a brand new service X7 linking Billingham, Norton, Stockton, Teesside Park and Middlesbrough - bringing you extra direct links to Teesside Park alongside the existing popular X8 buses!

Please follow this page for updates as we progressively move over to the new brand!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Yes we’re rebranding to bring a fresh new look to our services with the buses to be repainted in the new livery as cost and availability allows. Centro 17 and Scania 26 have been running around in the base liveries for a while now as we worked on the rebrand so didn’t receive old logos.
It will be properly launched with the new X7 and X8 timetables starting on 18th February.

(08 Apr 2019, 6:44 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Why doesn't Stagecarriage operate in Newcastle? They seem like a good operator.

Cause they based in Teesside
(08 Apr 2019, 7:56 pm)jimmoc wrote Cause they based in Teesside

I know they are, but it would be good to see them expand to other areas. I would like to ride a Stagecarriage bus, is there anywhere sensible they go?
(08 Apr 2019, 8:37 pm)SnarledComic1 wrote You could get the GNE X9 or X10 to Middlesbrough and a nice little run would be to get Stagecarriage’s new X7 to Billingham and catch the X9 home from there

Thank you. Is there anything to see/do in Middlesbrough/Billingham?
(08 Apr 2019, 8:00 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote I know they are, but it would be good to see them expand to other areas. I would like to ride a Stagecarriage bus, is there anywhere sensible they go?

Which other areas do you see us expanding to?...
Our X7 and X8 run every half hour between Middlesbrough, Teesside Park and Stockton with the X7 extending to Norton & Billingham every hour and the X8 to Hardwick, Carlton & Stillington every hour

(09 Apr 2019, 12:20 pm)Cock Robin wrote Not a thing    Big Grin

Seriously? There must be something to see or do. I would like to give the X7 a try. I don't know what I could see/do somewhere the X7 runs. Anyone help?
(09 Apr 2019, 7:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Seriously? There must be something to see or do. I would like to give the X7 a try. I don't know what I could see/do somewhere the X7 runs. Anyone help?

Nah, there's an Asda and that's about it

Probably be better off buying a Blue Zone day ticket which is valid between Middlesbrough, Teesside Park and Stockton and just do that section of the X7/X8 route, £3.50 for adult or £1.80 for a child, no idea what singles cost.

Gold Zone day ticket covers the whole of the X7/X8 costing £5 or £3 for a child.
(09 Apr 2019, 7:59 pm)Jimmi wrote Nah, there's an Asda and that's about it

Probably be better off buying a Blue Zone day ticket which is valid between Middlesbrough, Teesside Park and Stockton and just do that section of the X7/X8 route, £3.50 for adult or £1.80 for a child, no idea what singles cost.

Gold Zone day ticket covers the whole of the X7/X8 costing £5 or £3 for a child.

Catch the X7 upto Billingham Town Centre, have a quick run round, see the sights (don't get too bored...) and then jump back on the X7 15 mins later back the other way  Wink

(09 Apr 2019, 7:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Seriously? There must be something to see or do. I would like to give the X7 a try. I don't know what I could see/do somewhere the X7 runs. Anyone help?

If you come down after a Leeds match you might see a good fight.
VDL Centro 19 YJ56JYA returned from repaint into the blue/grey base livery yesterday. Both this and 17 (YJ57BCU) are due to be vinyled shortly.
.jpg IMG_2116.JPG