Menu

Pages (58)    156 57 58   
Jack Gill   03 Aug 2022, 5:19 pm
On another note, it looks like the 21 is staying every 10 minutes as it's branding has been updated. https://www.flickr.com/photos/148814847@...260773751/
KingSlayerRBLX   03 Aug 2022, 8:40 pm
With these changes. Prince Bishops is one of the first brands to receive its updated branding
https://www.flickr.com/photos/194860296@...260523576/
Unber43   03 Aug 2022, 8:46 pm
(03 Aug 2022, 8:40 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote With these changes. Prince Bishops is one of the first brands to receive its updated branding
https://www.flickr.com/photos/194860296@...260523576/
Prince Bishops & Drifters need to be updated, or atleast an entire repaint as they look awful, the oldest painted ones in the fleet, especially the Drifter.
KingSlayerRBLX   03 Aug 2022, 9:36 pm
(03 Aug 2022, 8:46 pm)Unber43 wrote Prince Bishops & Drifters need to be updated, or atleast an entire repaint as they look awful, the oldest painted ones in the fleet, especially the Drifter.
They were gonna get done but i think its due to the Money issues. Hence why they recieved an updated bit of branding like this. Probably gonna be waiting a while for them to start
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   03 Aug 2022, 9:50 pm
(03 Aug 2022, 9:36 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote They were gonna get done but i think its due to the Money issues. Hence why they recieved an updated bit of branding like this. Probably gonna be waiting a while for them to start
Maybe they'll wait 2 years then order new buses for both, then ship them off to replace the 11/10 Plate Versa's
Adrian   03 Aug 2022, 9:59 pm
Mod note: To stop the same stream of discussion across three different threads, discussion around the Go North East: Minor Service Changes August 2022 has been split from this thread. You can find that discussion in it's new thread by clicking here.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Unber43   05 Aug 2022, 10:17 am
It still blows my mind that the 65 services were slashed before the summer period, they didn't give most of their changes a year to work. 

Surely the changes which they did in September, should be part of January changes to allow them 1 year on to see what worked, well I mean its not like anyone knew of any the services such as the night buses, cos no one knew they existed except people who have GNE on FB, but still then they didn't advertise about any of the new and improved services.
Andreos1   05 Aug 2022, 10:31 am
(05 Aug 2022, 10:17 am)Unber43 wrote It still blows my mind that the 65 services were slashed before the summer period, they didn't give most of their changes a year to work. 

Surely the changes which they did in September, should be part of January changes to allow them 1 year on to see what worked, well I mean its not like anyone knew of any the services such as the night buses, cos no one knew they existed except people who have GNE on FB, but still then they didn't advertise about any of the new and improved services.
It's a good point and I know it's been mentioned in the past that marketing of the seemingly lesser routes isn't as good as it could be.

In fact, I'm going to add it to my bulleted list elsewhere

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   05 Aug 2022, 10:35 am
(05 Aug 2022, 10:31 am)Andreos1 wrote It's a good point and I know it's been mentioned in the past that marketing of the seemingly lesser routes isn't as good as it could be.

In fact, I'm going to add it to my bulleted list elsewhere
There is absolutely no marketing for any route
Andreos1   05 Aug 2022, 11:05 am
(05 Aug 2022, 10:35 am)Unber43 wrote There is absolutely no marketing for any route
I'd disagree there. 
There's the mobile multicoloured vehicles and then there's stuff that was done around the rebrand of the 53/54 that helps raise awareness of that organisation in Hong Kong (https://www.voltra.org/)

But that's possibly it. 

If a bread company had a product which wasn't selling, they would look to increase awareness. Different strategies and techniques would be used to market and sell the product, prior to getting rid of it completely or asking the 'Bread Council' for subsidies.
I'd hope the Bread Council would tell the bread company where to go to be honest and the gap in the market would probably be exploited by another bread company.

streetdeckfan   05 Aug 2022, 11:21 am
(05 Aug 2022, 11:05 am)Andreos1 wrote I'd disagree there. 
There's the mobile multicoloured vehicles and then there's stuff that was done around the rebrand of the 53/54 that helps raise awareness of that organisation in Hong Kong (https://www.voltra.org/)

But that's possibly it. 

If a bread company had a product which wasn't selling, they would look to increase awareness. Different strategies and techniques would be used to market and sell the product, prior to getting rid of it completely or asking the 'Bread Council' for subsidies.
I'd hope the Bread Council would tell the bread company where to go to be honest and the gap in the market would probably be exploited by another bread company.

Didn't they pull all advertising because of the driver shortage?

They spent a fortune on that god awful X-Lines advert, and how long did it last, a week?
Clifton Hignett III   05 Aug 2022, 11:23 am
(05 Aug 2022, 11:05 am)Andreos1 wrote I'd disagree there. 

But that's possibly it. 

I was once employed by the Bread Council to conduct investigation into the various loaves on offer and whether they met the standards expected by the council's 'Bread Board'.

It was a funny job, people used to ask me what I did and I told them I was "in bread". It always got me some funny looks.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   05 Aug 2022, 12:41 pm
(05 Aug 2022, 11:21 am)streetdeckfan wrote Didn't they pull all advertising because of the driver shortage?

They spent a fortune on that god awful X-Lines advert, and how long did it last, a week?
No idea. Not sure there was much advertising or marketing prior to the pandemic either mind.
Then they wonder why the likes of the 71 dies a slow death.

(05 Aug 2022, 11:23 am)Clifton Hignett III wrote I was once employed by the Bread Council to conduct investigation into the various loaves on offer and whether they met the standards expected by the council's 'Bread Board'.

It was a funny job, people used to ask me what I did and I told them I was "in bread". It always got me some funny looks.
As long as you worked for your dough. That's the main thing.

streetdeckfan   05 Aug 2022, 12:53 pm
(05 Aug 2022, 12:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote No idea. Not sure there was much advertising or marketing prior to the pandemic either mind.
Then they wonder why the likes of the 71 dies a slow death.

They used to do quite a bit of advertising,even on the TV. Not with specific routes though.

Recently they had the X-Lines advert (I'm not sure if that went out on TV, I don't have a license so wouldn't know!).

A few years ago they had another TV ad out, I distinctly remember that one because it irritated me they pretended one of the X9/X10 B5s was an Angel for the interior shots, and I know the people who made it.

I think they used to also do quite a bit of social media adverts, I used to see them on FB despite being seemingly blocked from following or liking their page!
F114TML   05 Aug 2022, 1:32 pm
This is the Xlines advert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCH9WY4r9fM
I don't remember the full version out on TV but I definitely remember her saying "don't drive, get driven" and walking off the bus.

There was also this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9hzVIDNqh0
and the X9/X10-specific one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuRKS_kLZ4A
streetdeckfan   05 Aug 2022, 1:37 pm
(05 Aug 2022, 1:32 pm)F114TML wrote This is the Xlines advert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCH9WY4r9fM
I don't remember the full version out on TV but I definitely remember her saying "don't drive, get driven" and walking off the bus.

There was also this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9hzVIDNqh0
and the X9/X10-specific one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuRKS_kLZ4A

To be fair to them, as much as I think the X-Lines advert is a pile of you-know-what, I give them credit for making it so cringy that I don't think I can forget it!

Don't drive, get driven... to madness checking short notice cancellations to see if you're bus is cancelled or just running late!

The ready to go and X9/X10 one are essentially just the same advert with different text on the display.

I do think those adverts were quite good, but then again I do know the director and have multiple family members and friends in the ad!
If it's the job I'm thinking of, I was responsible for sourcing the refreshments for the cast, so if anyone was on the shoot and complained about the quality of the tea and coffee, that was probably my fault. I insisted on buying the ASDA own brand!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wybus   05 Aug 2022, 2:42 pm
What advertising do other bus companies do?
Andreos1   05 Aug 2022, 3:14 pm
(05 Aug 2022, 2:42 pm)Wybus wrote What advertising do other bus companies do?
Probably not enough.

Unber43   07 Aug 2022, 7:48 pm
From these changes, does anyone know which GNE routes don't have any Gov support at all, as I know a lot have them for early mornings and late nights and so far I have 

X10
X1
X21
idiot   08 Aug 2022, 9:22 am
(07 Aug 2022, 7:48 pm)Unber43 wrote From these changes, does anyone know which GNE routes don't have any Gov support at all, as I know a lot have them for early mornings and late nights and so far I have 

X10
X1
X21

I'd be interested to know the full list that any other routes are fully commercial. Used to be easier to find out when a Nexus symbol was displayed on the timetables. They should start doing that again.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
peter   08 Aug 2022, 11:11 am
(07 Aug 2022, 7:48 pm)Unber43 wrote From these changes, does anyone know which GNE routes don't have any Gov support at all, as I know a lot have them for early mornings and late nights and so far I have 

X10
X1
X21

(28 Jul 2022, 1:06 am)peter wrote Looking through BusTimes, which says if services are supported by subsidy, not sure how reliable that is mind, the only ones not supported by subsidy in any capacity are: 2/2a, 4, 21, 33, 38, 53/54, 56, 58, 97, X1, X6, X10, X21, X66

I answered said question a couple of pages back. The 65 sees some sort of funding from DCC.
V514DFT   08 Aug 2022, 5:46 pm
Dont see the 41 lasting around Howdon,everytime ive seen it,its been empty,and thats at different times of the day

Kind Regards
Tez
James101   08 Aug 2022, 10:13 pm

X10
X1
X21

Do you mean additional support? 

Between bus recovery grants, bus service operator grants and concessional reimbursement I don’t believe any bus service is without support. No operator truly covers the cost of running a bus, other than perhaps intercity coach travel.

If bus services were truly deregulated, the operators would be liable for their costs of operation in full. Instead we’re in the sham situation where, even in the best of times, operators get millions in subsidies but offer no accountability in how or where services operate.
Jimmi   21 Aug 2022, 12:44 am
Residents feeling left behind after changes to Tynedale Links 681 bus
https://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/20...s-681-bus/
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DeltaMan   21 Aug 2022, 7:15 am
(21 Aug 2022, 12:44 am)Jimmi wrote Residents feeling left behind after changes to Tynedale Links 681 bus
https://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/news/20...s-681-bus/
I wonder if NCC need the bus to do a school from September before and after the 681, and that is why they changed it?

That would explain the squeezed timetable
GNE6312   21 Aug 2022, 8:19 am
(21 Aug 2022, 7:15 am)DeltaMan wrote I wonder if NCC need the bus to do a school from September before and after the 681, and that is why they changed it?

That would explain the squeezed timetables

Shouldn't really leave people with limited service just fir a scholars, if they need it just make it standalone and actually add the extra service to keep people connected and give people time to shop so people aren't isolated.
DeltaMan   21 Aug 2022, 8:53 am
(21 Aug 2022, 8:19 am)GNE6312 wrote Shouldn't really leave people with limited service just fir a scholars, if they need it just make it standalone and actually add the extra service to keep people connected and give people time to shop so people aren't isolated.
I'm not justifying it, but I assume somebody at NCC has decided they can save the cost of a bus over the term of a contract, potentially hundreds of thousands of pounds, by simply changing the off peak timetable.
Storx   21 Aug 2022, 9:20 am
(21 Aug 2022, 8:19 am)GNE6312 wrote Shouldn't really leave people with limited service just fir a scholars, if they need it just make it standalone and actually add the extra service to keep people connected and give people time to shop so people aren't isolated.

Might sound harsh but I don't know what the numbers are but if it's running empty 9/10 of the time, I'd rather my council tax was being paid somewhere more useful than running a bus service carrying fresh air in the middle of nowhere.

Heck it's probably cheaper to give tokens to the few villages along there which gives them a free taxi back from Haltwhistle when they need it so they can go whenever they want.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Bazza   21 Aug 2022, 10:46 am
(21 Aug 2022, 9:20 am)Storx wrote Heck it's probably cheaper to give tokens to the few villages along there which gives them a free taxi back from Haltwhistle when they need it so they can go whenever they want.

Interesting idea. 

I bet a free taxi would get a fair few car users out of their motors.
omnicity4659   21 Aug 2022, 10:49 am
(21 Aug 2022, 9:20 am)Storx wrote Might sound harsh but I don't know what the numbers are but if it's running empty 9/10 of the time, I'd rather my council tax was being paid somewhere more useful than running a bus service carrying fresh air in the middle of nowhere.

If you think that is wastage, you don't want to see how much of your money NCC spaff on things behind closed doors.
Pages (58)    156 57 58