Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
What's new? | North East Buses

Skip to main content

NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
RE: News and Updates
This is Brandon here with the latest update. Several changes have occurred to The Bygone Era in the last week. The section now moves to its own dedicated area on the Forum home page which improves access.

Recent additions to the Northern thread include timetables for the following routes:

179 Washington – Chester-le-Street (September 1976)
771,772 Consett – Newcastle (September 1976)
705,706,717 Stanley / Quaking Houses – Newcastle (March 1978)
701,702,703,704 Newcastle – Stanley – Chester-le-Street (May 1978)
151,152,192,194,194 Sunderland / Newcastle – Murton / Thornley / Easington Lane (July 1978)
X16 Washington – Durham (April 1976)

We've also launched a dedicated thread for the Tyne and Wear Metro system together with British Rail services. A fantastic addition thanks to AdamY has been a complete 1982/1983 guide to services in the West Northumberland area. This can be found in the Northumberland County Council thread.

I’m taking this opportunity to announce my departure from North East Buses. This existing account of mine has now been re-branded as a "NEB Admin Team" account so all existing posts in the Bygone Era won't need to be re-posted. Tonight I'm relinquishing my access to this account, but Liam and Daniel will both have joint access.

I've been with NEB from nearly the beginning and it's been one hell of a great journey; but one that is now time for me to end. It's for personal reasons why I'm leaving, but it's been approaching for quite some time now. I thank the one and only gtomlinson for credit to this whole sections conception. Nearly a year ago, he asked if anyone had a copy of a timetable for service X72 which once operated from Bishop Auckland to Newcastle. From that point onwards, I've been committed to developing an extensive library of Bygone timetables and bus material from years gone by. Had it not been for you, this would never have existed. So I thank you, and I've thoroughly enjoyed delivering this Big Grin

At this point, I'd also like to extend my huge gratitude for the material that cbma06 has supplied to NEB over the last several months, which significantly expanded our offering to enthusiasts. It's been my complete and utter pleasure to being able to work with you to deliver this. May I also express how great it's been to work alongside Liam and Daniel in the day-to-day running of the site. An absolutely tremendous amount of hard work has been put in by them to make this site what it is today, and that's not to mention the hours they each put in to bring the Fleet Lists from conception to fruition. Exceptional people.

The future looks bright for the Bygone Era. With the recent expression of interest from dextrovert to digitise his own PTE collection, the section can look forward to hosting some all brand new material which I'm sure will interest enthusiasts across all ages. With regards to the site in general; all I feel for NEB now is respect. The site has been through many ups and downs and one controversy after the next. From sunshine days to the threats of closing down. But that's what sets NEB apart from the rest. Speaking for myself, I wouldn't have had it any other way Tongue I feel absolutely privileged to have been a part of this community and I wish it every success for many years to come.

There's some really amazing members here, and brilliant budding photographers in the making. Some members are here today from pre-NEB back when Go North East had a discussion group on their Facebook page, where some lively discussion and debate could always be found. I don't feel Adam gets enough credit for his Adam's Transport Drawn on Paint Facebook page; fabulous drawings on there. And Michael; I think you're one of the most enthusiastic members on here! You really helped NEB in the early days by keeping threads going, and you're still an amazing asset today. I hope you're here to stay Smile

I wish everyone the very best.

Peace.

Brandon

What's new?