Menu

Andreos1   30 Mar 2016, 6:12 pm
(30 Mar 2016, 4:56 pm)northern156 wrote In what sense?

Just that. On board literature, such as the 'be a hero' stuff, 'hello my carriage name is... and contact details'. The new tocs contact details need added in addition to removing any old stuff.
(30 Mar 2016, 5:20 pm)Adrian wrote It's a difficult one. Companies obviously use their own FQDN for email addressing, and you wouldn't expect anything less. The incoming franchisee isn't providing customer services until the start of the contract, and the incumbent is expected to provide it until the end. Customers need to know where to write to. I'd imagine their customer services email address with the northernrail.org FQDN would be forwarded to the new address, for a set period of time.

I'd hope new timetables and such will be printed for the start of the franchise. You can't stick a little white sticker over every single timetable, so they've not much choice really. I can't recall whether Virgin had theirs ready for the ECML on day 1 or not?

It seems daft removing all trace of Northern Rail - apart from the email address, postal address and text numbers.
The new Northern are going to have to change them all regardless. Even if there is a period of forwarding on.
They may as well have left Northern Rail logos in place and not covered them up.

Totally understand why the name is being removed from stations though.
Interestingly, the station manager contact details aren't covered up in a big white sticker! Maybe those people are staying?

I can't remember the EC/VTEC handover to be honest. Whether it was the on board branding or railway station stuff.
Even though it was only a year ago!
I may have been in too much of a huff with the ending of rewards to actually notice!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'