Menu

Stanleyone   07 Feb 2020, 1:44 pm
(07 Feb 2020, 1:27 pm)Venturego wrote Just tried to find GNE routes/services to Newcastle Airport, as I thought an All Zone day ticket at £7 would save me using the car + parking etc.., but amazed to see GNE no longer have any services to the Airport. - Surely an Express link from Metro Centre, would be very successful as it would link to most of the GNE network using connecting services, and would be both Fast, Efficient use of possibly only one bus, and avoid City Centre, as transferring to onward services at Metro Centre would suffice.

As it is at the moment, I would need to buy a multi operator ticket, transferring to either Stagecoach or Metro trains in Newcastle etc...

Wonder if Martijn Gilbert is aware of, what seems to me, a huge missed opportunity to plug a gap, which I am sure there will be great demand from early morning to late night, servicing passengers on daily return flights.
Wasn’t there an arriva service between Metrocentre and the Airport via Throckley many years ago. But anyway there’s more to GNE than Martijn, if anything I would assume it would start with the commercial department.