You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva Darlington Constant Dropped Mileage

RE: Arriva Darlington Constant Dropped Mileage
(06 Oct 2020, 8:10 pm)RobinHood wrote So, using that same logic, hospitals are seen as key transmission ground for the virus too, yet they are regularly cleaned? Does that mean that NHS staff are not doing their job properly? It's exactly the same principle and evidences that even deep cleaning is not effective.

Appreciate that a local manager bears responsibility, but unless there is a blatent failure, I don't see anyone being held individually accountable. Again, how can a local manager enforce every single rule all day on every single employee, 100% of the time? These are adults, they should be able to understand the requirements themselves and adhere to them.

Yes? Of course hospitals are regularly cleaned. Deep cleaning absolutely is effective - or at least it's far more effective than doing sod all. 

Clearly there has been a failure though. A further 3 trips have been cancelled since the earlier post, so I'm assuming that's at least another driver off. I appreciate that drivers get ill, and that they have to take responsibility, but I don't see how some of the things mentioned in that article are anything but management's fault? At the moment they should be ensuring that drivers are always in a safe environment - yet they haven't bothered enforcing cleaning the two areas where they spend 99% of their shift (the bus and break room)? 

Then the point you make about them all being adults. By that logic leadership teams are completely redundant then? They are there to set examples and make the workplace safe. By not informing drivers that they need to self isolate, they've also destroyed any trust between the drivers and the management team - if you had been exposed to someone who'd tested positive for a potentially fatal disease then I'm sure you'd want to know.

(06 Oct 2020, 6:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote Forgetting the rights and wrongs of what has gone on in the depot and any shortage of drivers - surely whatever staff are left, are needing to be allocated across the day.
Theres some significant gaps in service to some destinations and those gaps could seriously inconvenience customers. 
Managing and allocating the resource effectively is something they need to be doing, whilst working to overcome whatever is going on internally within the depot. 

If the resource isnt managed or allocated effectively, then the longer term implications on customer perception and bums on seats could be catastrophic. 

Passengers need a reliable service to get them home after work to see their families, relieve kids from childcare or in some cases, get to work. These gaps in service aren't giving them that option.

Yep - a further three trips have been cancelled tonight since my earlier post (including a last trip of the day).

Seems that they're going for the approach of "let's get the money in the morning, sod anyone wanting to get home".