Menu

peter   15 Apr 2022, 4:42 pm
(15 Apr 2022, 4:27 pm)logidoodah wrote I was overhauling and mixing routes for fun and started to think partnership wise what would be best. So I started thinking about the madness that is North Tyneside having Stagecoach, Arriva, GNE, GCT and the Metro - quite a lot for a 'small' population. 

For partnership to work in my opinion then combined routing and ticketing are key. Below is my example of a partnership concept on key groups of routes which would have combined ticketing and timings....

Coast Road (Arriva & GNE)
306 Newcastle - North Shields = Current 306 Route & Frequency 
307 Newcastle - North Shields = Current 310 Route & Frequency (Hadrian Park now served by 23/24), renumbered for consistency with 306/7/....
308 Newcastle - Whitley Bay/Blyth = Current 308 Route & Frequency
309 Newcastle - Whitley Bay/Blyth = Current 309 Route & Frequency 
310 Newcastle - Whitley Bay = Current 51/51A Route & Frequency, renumbered (short runs extend to Northumberland Park instead of Holystone)

Cramlington - North Shields (Arriva & GNE)
17 Whitley Bay - Ashington = Current 57 Route & Frequency
18 North Shields - Cramlington/Ashington = Current 57A Route & Frequency
19 North Shields Ferry - Cramlington/Ashington = Current 19 Route & Frequency

Wallsend (Stagecoach & GNE)

20 Wallsend - Whitley Bay = Current 317 Route & Frequency
21 Gateshead - Whitley Bay = Current 1 Route & Frequency
22 Throckley - Northumberland Park = Current 22 Route & Frequency, extended to Northumberland Park
23 Throckley - Hadrian Park = Current 22 Route & Frequency, doesn't serve the business parks on Scotswood Rd and diverts at Willington to Hadrian Park
24/24A Wallsend - Hadrian Park = Current 41/41A Route & Frequency
61 Benton/Four Lane Ends = = Current 18 Route & Frequency, renumbered to line up with 62 & 1 and extended to Wallsend via lost link (Q3 route)

Smile I welcome feedback and please add your own areas/changes if you wish... Smile

Overall I quite like your suggestions, a nice tidying up, but there's still some repetition that could probably be eliminated! Don't think re-numbering the 1 to the 21 will work, bound to be a source of confusion with the Angel 21 in Newcastle and Gateshead. I almost think you'd be better doing 301-305 instead of 20-24.