You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Coast Road - Matchday services for evening kick offs

Coast Road - Matchday services for evening kick offs

RE: Coast Road - Matchday services for evening kick offs
(01 Aug 2022, 1:38 pm)Storx wrote  From a Sunderland ST holder point of view, it's a hard one to crack but ideally what is needed is some form of transport which stops outside of the ground which takes people to a decent P&R site outside the city for next to nothing subsidised by the clubs.

There's not really any alternative for us other than drive and parking in the streets then getting stuck for 10-15 minutes heading North and it's the same for those heading from the South.

I don't really expect any direct public transport from where I live either (SE Northumberland) so it would have to be some form of half way house but being dead honest you probably won't change us over whatever happens but I certainly wouldn't get on a bus which does the same traffic as the car as what's the point.

Multiply that with fans from every single Durham Pit Village, Ashington, Gateshead etc then you see where the problems start.

For Southern Sunderland fans there ideally needs to be some P&R at South Hylton and Ryhope which people can park at and get the Metro / Shuttle Train (Ryhope). They'd be handy for parking anyway for the city all week anyway.

Northern fans like us it's more difficult as the Metro is already slammed heading North so not sure what you could do but tbh the traffic heading North isn't too bad anyway. GNE having single deckers on the 24 at Crush Load (we passed one) on a 30 minute frequency doesn't help though mind.
Always thought you had a sensible head on your shoulders. One of the sensible posterss... Lost all respect I had for you Storx. Extremely disappointed.

*walks away slowly, shaking head with a look of dismay*

But in all seriousness, again, that's something the club and operators have the ability to resolve.
Whether that's working directly with operators or supporters clubs, there must be an offer of some sort of affordable and viable alternative to the car to take supporters from several key locations. 
In an ideal world, there's going to be an alternative that goes from north of the river.

(01 Aug 2022, 2:04 pm)Adrian wrote The only GDPR concerns would be from someone who doesn't understand GDPR, though I appreciate that it's sadly far too common and it has become something that organisations hide behind. The only data required would be the (even partial) postcodes and numbers of holders in each area. There's no personal data there - it'd be impossible to identify individuals from it.
And any proactive operator coming up against those sorts of barriers will be able to overcome those challenges with ease.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

RE: Coast Road - Matchday services for evening kick offs