You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Yet another Bus Recovery Grant cliff-edge. What would you do?

Yet another Bus Recovery Grant cliff-edge. What would you do?

RE: Yet another Bus Recovery Grant cliff-edge. What would you do?
(01 Mar 2023, 9:12 am)streetdeckfan wrote As a wise man once said, car sized problems require car sized solutions.

If there's not enough passengers to support a bus service, then a DRT system using buses isn't going to work either.

Maybe integrating it into the taxi 'network' would be a better use of resources?

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

To be fair DRT could probably work with taxis, if there's 2 people from one house going to the hospital and 1 from another at another village on the way just chuck them in the same taxi and give them discounted fares. If it gets busier than upgrade to breadvans, if it gets busier upgrade to minibuses or whatever.

Like personally I wouldn't care if at 3am after I've had a few drinks I got on a minibus by my local cab company and had to pop around a few houses on the way back but the fare is half the price. It's certainly better than waiting for an hour then paying an arm and a leg for the privilege.

There's definitely space for something in the middle, surprised it hasn't been done already tbh. Be ideal for works services and scholar services in rural areas.

RE: Yet another Bus Recovery Grant cliff-edge. What would you do?