Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (153): Previous 1109 110 111153 Next
20 Apr 2015, 7:13 pm
I'd like to see Go North East expand the operations at the outstation at Crook, and maybe venture in Durham a bit to provide some competition with Arriva (who, I gather, neglect some of their local services in that part of the region). Obviously, I don't know if any of these would be worthwhile, as I'm only an occasional visitor to Bishop Auckland, Darlington, etc. but here goes (not all suggestions are services, but hey ho!);

- An express service between Darlington and Newcastle, calling at Durham, Chester-le-Street and Gateshead. Possibly could be brought under the ''Pronto'' brand, with the number X23. Would try and use the fastest possible way of connecting Darlington and Durham, then basically the X21 route from Durham all the way to Newcastle, running hourly. If the ''Pronto'' service was to receive investment in coming time, I would like to see a service like this come through and expand the brand somehow. 

- The current ''Pronto'' brand to be renamed ''OK'', as it would tie in with the ''OK Way'' 18 service in Bishop Auckland, and so bring the whole depot's operations under one significant and (in local areas anyway!) famous brand name. The X21 and X23 services would all fall under this ''OK'' name. 

- Add onto this a service on a local level, possibly hourly, between Bishop Auckland and Durham (possibly shortening the X21's journey time between the two), serving locations such as Ferryhill, etc, and Crook have quite a bit of scope. 

Just a few ideas, not really one to make a serious presence in this thread, so let me know what you think. Smile
R852 PRG
20 Apr 2015, 7:13 pm #2181

I'd like to see Go North East expand the operations at the outstation at Crook, and maybe venture in Durham a bit to provide some competition with Arriva (who, I gather, neglect some of their local services in that part of the region). Obviously, I don't know if any of these would be worthwhile, as I'm only an occasional visitor to Bishop Auckland, Darlington, etc. but here goes (not all suggestions are services, but hey ho!);

- An express service between Darlington and Newcastle, calling at Durham, Chester-le-Street and Gateshead. Possibly could be brought under the ''Pronto'' brand, with the number X23. Would try and use the fastest possible way of connecting Darlington and Durham, then basically the X21 route from Durham all the way to Newcastle, running hourly. If the ''Pronto'' service was to receive investment in coming time, I would like to see a service like this come through and expand the brand somehow. 

- The current ''Pronto'' brand to be renamed ''OK'', as it would tie in with the ''OK Way'' 18 service in Bishop Auckland, and so bring the whole depot's operations under one significant and (in local areas anyway!) famous brand name. The X21 and X23 services would all fall under this ''OK'' name. 

- Add onto this a service on a local level, possibly hourly, between Bishop Auckland and Durham (possibly shortening the X21's journey time between the two), serving locations such as Ferryhill, etc, and Crook have quite a bit of scope. 

Just a few ideas, not really one to make a serious presence in this thread, so let me know what you think. Smile

21 Apr 2015, 10:04 am
Good Idea but Remember the OK1 and what happened to that when GO North East started the express between Crook - Darlington
ross13
21 Apr 2015, 10:04 am #2182

Good Idea but Remember the OK1 and what happened to that when GO North East started the express between Crook - Darlington

22 Apr 2015, 3:11 pm
(20 Apr 2015, 7:13 pm)MarcTheA4 I'd like to see Go North East expand the operations at the outstation at Crook, and maybe venture in Durham a bit to provide some competition with Arriva (who, I gather, neglect some of their local services in that part of the region). Obviously, I don't know if any of these would be worthwhile, as I'm only an occasional visitor to Bishop Auckland, Darlington, etc. but here goes (not all suggestions are services, but hey ho!);

Got a few Suggestions.

16 - Bishop Auckland - Crook - Sunniside - Tow Law - Castleside - Consett
16A - Bishop Auckland - Crook - Esh Winning - Lanchester
Operating Hourly and Interworking with Services 15/15A at Consett and Lanchester or Alternatively Interworking with Services X30/X70

18/18A - West Auckland - Woodhouse Close - Cockton Hill Road - Bishop Auckland - Canney Hill - Coundon - Kirk Merrington - Spennymoor - Croxdale - Nevilles Cross - Durham Bus Station - Milburngate - Durham Market Place - South Road(Durham Uni/Howlands P&R) - Croxdale - Ferryhill - Chilton - Coundon - Canney Hill - Bishop Auckland - Cockton Hill Road - Woodhouse Close - West Auckland
Operating Every 15 Minutes
Malarkey
22 Apr 2015, 3:11 pm #2183

(20 Apr 2015, 7:13 pm)MarcTheA4 I'd like to see Go North East expand the operations at the outstation at Crook, and maybe venture in Durham a bit to provide some competition with Arriva (who, I gather, neglect some of their local services in that part of the region). Obviously, I don't know if any of these would be worthwhile, as I'm only an occasional visitor to Bishop Auckland, Darlington, etc. but here goes (not all suggestions are services, but hey ho!);

Got a few Suggestions.

16 - Bishop Auckland - Crook - Sunniside - Tow Law - Castleside - Consett
16A - Bishop Auckland - Crook - Esh Winning - Lanchester
Operating Hourly and Interworking with Services 15/15A at Consett and Lanchester or Alternatively Interworking with Services X30/X70

18/18A - West Auckland - Woodhouse Close - Cockton Hill Road - Bishop Auckland - Canney Hill - Coundon - Kirk Merrington - Spennymoor - Croxdale - Nevilles Cross - Durham Bus Station - Milburngate - Durham Market Place - South Road(Durham Uni/Howlands P&R) - Croxdale - Ferryhill - Chilton - Coundon - Canney Hill - Bishop Auckland - Cockton Hill Road - Woodhouse Close - West Auckland
Operating Every 15 Minutes

23 Apr 2015, 7:41 pm
With all the backlog kicking off with Middle Engine Lane partially closed and Norham Road due to get a new junction, would it not be a good idea to do this:

- Withdraw the 58x.
- 1605 X39 still provided by schoolars / 307
- 1635 and 1705 X39 provided by Citylink board using either Versas or if struggling with capacity, B7s.
- The two runs above would then join back onto the board after Haymarket on John Dobson Street or Market Street West.
L469 YVK
23 Apr 2015, 7:41 pm #2184

With all the backlog kicking off with Middle Engine Lane partially closed and Norham Road due to get a new junction, would it not be a good idea to do this:

- Withdraw the 58x.
- 1605 X39 still provided by schoolars / 307
- 1635 and 1705 X39 provided by Citylink board using either Versas or if struggling with capacity, B7s.
- The two runs above would then join back onto the board after Haymarket on John Dobson Street or Market Street West.

23 Apr 2015, 8:14 pm
(18 Apr 2015, 9:51 pm)Malarkey X8 - Consett - Leadgate - Annfield Plain - Stanley - A693(Non-Stop) - Beamish - A693(Non-Stop) - Chester le Street - Great Lumley - Fence Houses - Houghton le Spring - Doxford International - Barnes Park - Sunderland 
Operating Hourly Monday to Saturday.

Came up with slightly better Idea, why not have the current 36 join the "Coast & Country" Brand, Here is my Suggestion.

77 - Sunderland Interchange - Royal Hospital - East Herrington - Herrington Burn - Newbottle - Houghton le Spring - Fencehouses - Great Lumley - Chester le Street - Pelton - West Pelton - Beamish - East Stanley - Stanley

77A - Sunderland Interchange - Royal Hospital - East Herrington - Herrington Burn - Newbottle - Houghton le Spring - Fencehouses - Great Lumley - Chester le Street - Pelton - West Pelton - Grange Villa - Craghead - South Stanley - Annfield Plain - Leadgate - Consett

Operating Half Hourly Combined along the current 36 Route between Sunderland and Chester le Street before extending to Stanley and Consett via the 8/78 Route, This therefore means along some points of the Route there is a Bus upto Every 10 Minutes.

X77 - Sunderland Interchange - Barnes Park - Doxford International - Houghton le Spring - Rainton Bridge Npower - Chester le Street - A693(Non Stop) - Stanley - Annfield Plain - Leadgate - Consett
Peak Time Express Service Operating Monday to Saturday.

Alterations to the 35 would be as follows.

35 - Low Moorsley - Hetton le Hole - Houghton le Spring - Newbottle - Herrington Burn - East Herrington - Royal Hospital - Sunderland City Centre - Southwick - Hylton Riverside - Castletown - Town End Farm - Boldon Cineworld
Operating Every 20 Minutes
Malarkey
23 Apr 2015, 8:14 pm #2185

(18 Apr 2015, 9:51 pm)Malarkey X8 - Consett - Leadgate - Annfield Plain - Stanley - A693(Non-Stop) - Beamish - A693(Non-Stop) - Chester le Street - Great Lumley - Fence Houses - Houghton le Spring - Doxford International - Barnes Park - Sunderland 
Operating Hourly Monday to Saturday.

Came up with slightly better Idea, why not have the current 36 join the "Coast & Country" Brand, Here is my Suggestion.

77 - Sunderland Interchange - Royal Hospital - East Herrington - Herrington Burn - Newbottle - Houghton le Spring - Fencehouses - Great Lumley - Chester le Street - Pelton - West Pelton - Beamish - East Stanley - Stanley

77A - Sunderland Interchange - Royal Hospital - East Herrington - Herrington Burn - Newbottle - Houghton le Spring - Fencehouses - Great Lumley - Chester le Street - Pelton - West Pelton - Grange Villa - Craghead - South Stanley - Annfield Plain - Leadgate - Consett

Operating Half Hourly Combined along the current 36 Route between Sunderland and Chester le Street before extending to Stanley and Consett via the 8/78 Route, This therefore means along some points of the Route there is a Bus upto Every 10 Minutes.

X77 - Sunderland Interchange - Barnes Park - Doxford International - Houghton le Spring - Rainton Bridge Npower - Chester le Street - A693(Non Stop) - Stanley - Annfield Plain - Leadgate - Consett
Peak Time Express Service Operating Monday to Saturday.

Alterations to the 35 would be as follows.

35 - Low Moorsley - Hetton le Hole - Houghton le Spring - Newbottle - Herrington Burn - East Herrington - Royal Hospital - Sunderland City Centre - Southwick - Hylton Riverside - Castletown - Town End Farm - Boldon Cineworld
Operating Every 20 Minutes

23 Apr 2015, 8:24 pm
Improvements to the 28 and X25.

28: As it is between Chester and Long Bank. Away from school runs, operates via Durham Road, Beacon Lough Road and Old Durham Road. Operates via Cardinal Hulme and Wrekenton on school run trips only.

X25 reduces to hourly frequency.
The X26 runs at the other end of the clock and operates X25 route, then via Mount Road and Birtley, before picking up the current route at Barley Mow Inn.

Links between Birtley and Wrekenton maintained with X26.
Links from Mount Road to Birtley reintroduced, following 82/82a changes.
28 supplements 21 on Durham Road corridor, whilst improving links to QE for areas such as Harlow Green/Allerdene, without direct service.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Apr 2015, 8:24 pm #2186

Improvements to the 28 and X25.

28: As it is between Chester and Long Bank. Away from school runs, operates via Durham Road, Beacon Lough Road and Old Durham Road. Operates via Cardinal Hulme and Wrekenton on school run trips only.

X25 reduces to hourly frequency.
The X26 runs at the other end of the clock and operates X25 route, then via Mount Road and Birtley, before picking up the current route at Barley Mow Inn.

Links between Birtley and Wrekenton maintained with X26.
Links from Mount Road to Birtley reintroduced, following 82/82a changes.
28 supplements 21 on Durham Road corridor, whilst improving links to QE for areas such as Harlow Green/Allerdene, without direct service.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
06 May 2015, 5:07 pm
Working on some suggestions...

Based around Phase 2 of Dalton Park...

I think I may self diagnose myself with Double M Disorder* for one suggestion

*Double M Disorder=Malarkey Marathon Disorder

All will be revealed in due course when I figure things out
MrFozz
06 May 2015, 5:07 pm #2187

Working on some suggestions...

06 May 2015, 8:37 pm
(06 May 2015, 5:07 pm)MrFozz Working on some suggestions...

Waiting in anticipation Fozz.
Malarkey
06 May 2015, 8:37 pm #2188

(06 May 2015, 5:07 pm)MrFozz Working on some suggestions...

Waiting in anticipation Fozz.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
07 May 2015, 8:07 am
New 238
Seaham-Station Road-Mill Inn-Seaton Lane-Houghton-A690-West Rainton-Carville-Belmont-Gilesgate-Durham

Modified 265
Same Durham-Murton Station...
Station Road-Barnes Road-Webb Avenue-Burnip Road-Cornwall Estate - Woods Terrace - Dalton Park-Deneside-The Avenue-Seaham

238 and 265 would interwork, also interworking with the 204/208 out of Durham

Modified 202
As Is...Only send it over to Wembley(East Moor Estate)

New 203
Houghton-Hetton-Murton Station Estate - Woods Terrace-Dalton Park-Easington Village-Peterlee

New 60A
Dalton Park-Fox Cover-Byron Place-Dene House Road-Seaham Coast Road-Toll Bar-Grangetown-Sunderland

The 60A would be half hourly, it would see a decrease on the 60, every 15 mins, but it would be every 10 minutes combined at Byron Place...

New X89
Murton Station-Woods Terrace-Dalton Park-A19-The Galleries-Metrocentre-Eldon Square
Start it off as a commuter service with a couple of peak time runs during the day, and have it compliment the X88 on weekends between The Galleries and The Metrocentre

New X78
Consett-Stanley-Chester-le-Fencehouses-Houghton-Hetton-Murton-Dalton Park-A19-Ryhope-Grangetown-Sunderland

This would come under the coast and country brand

New X8
Sunderland-Grangetown-Ryhope-Deneside-Dalton Park-Peterlee-Billingham-Middlesbrough

This would compliment the WTX Brand

The idea for 60A, X8, X78, X89, would be in my mind, 12-18 months away in my mind, I am thinking about when Phase 2 is completed at DP...

My X78 idea verges on me suffering with Double M disorder
MrFozz
07 May 2015, 8:07 am #2189

New 238
Seaham-Station Road-Mill Inn-Seaton Lane-Houghton-A690-West Rainton-Carville-Belmont-Gilesgate-Durham

Modified 265
Station Road-Barnes Road-Webb Avenue-Burnip Road-Cornwall Estate - Woods Terrace - Dalton Park-Deneside-The Avenue-Seaham

Modified 202

New 203
Houghton-Hetton-Murton Station Estate - Woods Terrace-Dalton Park-Easington Village-Peterlee

New 60A
Dalton Park-Fox Cover-Byron Place-Dene House Road-Seaham Coast Road-Toll Bar-Grangetown-Sunderland

The 60A would be half hourly, it would see a decrease on the 60, every 15 mins, but it would be every 10 minutes combined at Byron Place...

New X89
Murton Station-Woods Terrace-Dalton Park-A19-The Galleries-Metrocentre-Eldon Square
Start it off as a commuter service with a couple of peak time runs during the day, and have it compliment the X88 on weekends between The Galleries and The Metrocentre

New X78
Consett-Stanley-Chester-le-Fencehouses-Houghton-Hetton-Murton-Dalton Park-A19-Ryhope-Grangetown-Sunderland

New X8
Sunderland-Grangetown-Ryhope-Deneside-Dalton Park-Peterlee-Billingham-Middlesbrough

The idea for 60A, X8, X78, X89, would be in my mind, 12-18 months away in my mind, I am thinking about when Phase 2 is completed at DP...

07 May 2015, 11:48 am
Following the chewing of the fat of Chester services in the annoying thread, I had a look at the timetables of all services arriving/departing Chester AFTER 2000 on a normal weekday evening.

Not sure what can be done (apart from introducing new services) other than tweaking timetables, but here is a list of services arriving/departing.

20:08 - 21 to Durham
20:19 - 34 to Ouston
20:21 - 21 from Newcastle. Terminates (t)
20:25 - 21 to Newcastle
20:29 - 78 to Sunderland
20:37 - 50 from Shields. (t)
20:38 - 21 to Durham
20:40 - 50 to Shields
20:45 - 28 from Grange Villa (t)
20:49 - 78 to Consett
20:50 - 28 to Birtley
20:51 - 21 from Newcastle (t)
20:52 - 34 to Waldridge Park
20:55 - 21 to Newcastle
21:08 - 21 to Durham
21:19 - 34 to Ouston
21:25 - 21 to Newcastle
21:26 - 21 from Newcastle (t)
21:29 - 78 to Sunderland and repeat until close of play.

This isn't GNE bashing at all. Hopefully by pointing out these timings, someone could suggest alternatives or improvements, post 8pm - which to be fair, isn't late at all.
Or, it has identified something that may not have been thought about at GNE towers.

Gambling on a 2/3 minute connection, is risky. Yet, there are a number of examples of that in the timetables listed - for those connecting to a 21, from one of the less regular services. Vice versa, if getting off a 21.
Sometimes, the connection time (for a perfectly reasonable trip), is the total opposite and involves waiting for quite a period.

This isn't something new at all - having been unfortunate to have missed a number of tight connections, prior to the DCC cutbacks.

Also, there is a 36 due in to Chester le Street, gone 2100.
Any idea why this travels light from Chester back to Deptford, rather than carry a load back to Houghton and onwards to Deptford (or Park Lane) from there?
Appreciate hours are tight for drivers, but I think that is a missed opportunity.

Andreos1
07 May 2015, 11:48 am #2190

Following the chewing of the fat of Chester services in the annoying thread, I had a look at the timetables of all services arriving/departing Chester AFTER 2000 on a normal weekday evening.

Not sure what can be done (apart from introducing new services) other than tweaking timetables, but here is a list of services arriving/departing.

20:08 - 21 to Durham
20:19 - 34 to Ouston
20:21 - 21 from Newcastle. Terminates (t)
20:25 - 21 to Newcastle
20:29 - 78 to Sunderland
20:37 - 50 from Shields. (t)
20:38 - 21 to Durham
20:40 - 50 to Shields
20:45 - 28 from Grange Villa (t)
20:49 - 78 to Consett
20:50 - 28 to Birtley
20:51 - 21 from Newcastle (t)
20:52 - 34 to Waldridge Park
20:55 - 21 to Newcastle
21:08 - 21 to Durham
21:19 - 34 to Ouston
21:25 - 21 to Newcastle
21:26 - 21 from Newcastle (t)
21:29 - 78 to Sunderland and repeat until close of play.

This isn't GNE bashing at all. Hopefully by pointing out these timings, someone could suggest alternatives or improvements, post 8pm - which to be fair, isn't late at all.
Or, it has identified something that may not have been thought about at GNE towers.

Gambling on a 2/3 minute connection, is risky. Yet, there are a number of examples of that in the timetables listed - for those connecting to a 21, from one of the less regular services. Vice versa, if getting off a 21.
Sometimes, the connection time (for a perfectly reasonable trip), is the total opposite and involves waiting for quite a period.

This isn't something new at all - having been unfortunate to have missed a number of tight connections, prior to the DCC cutbacks.

Also, there is a 36 due in to Chester le Street, gone 2100.
Any idea why this travels light from Chester back to Deptford, rather than carry a load back to Houghton and onwards to Deptford (or Park Lane) from there?
Appreciate hours are tight for drivers, but I think that is a missed opportunity.

07 May 2015, 1:27 pm
Been thinking about a Coversation we had a Month or so ago about the Biddick/Fatfield Corridor of Service in Washington, So I have came up with these Suggestions to re-jig the Washington Area.

2 - Silksworth - Ryhope - Hollycarrside - Grangetown - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Grindon - Hastings Hill - Shiney Row - Fatfield - Harraton - Lambton - Washington Galleries
Frequency Increased to Every 15 Minutes

2A - Silksworth - Ryhope - Hollycarrside - Grangetown - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Grindon - Hastings Hill - Shiney Row - Penshaw - Barnwell - Fatfield - Biddick - Washington Galleries
Frequency Decreased to Every 30 Minutes, Operating Every 10 Minutes Combined with Service 2

4 - Heworth - Usworth - Concord - Albany - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Fencehouses - Houghton le Spring
4A - Heworth - Usworth - Concord - Albany - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Fencehouses - Houghton le Spring
Operating Every 10 Minutes Combined

8 - Sunderland - Hylton Riverside/Enterprise Park - Waterview Park - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Fatfield Fallowfield Way - Fatfield Riverside - Harraton - Rickleton - Picktree Village - Chester le Street - Pelton - Beamish - Stanley
Operating Every 30 Minutes

81 - Concord - Blackfell - Oxclose - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Brady Square - Barmston Court - Station Road - Barmston Road - Teal Farm - Waterview Park
Merge of Services 85/86 Re-Numbered Service 81 Operating Every 20 Minutes, Would be restricted to Single Decker Vehicles due to Height Restriction(Railway Bridge) on Station Road.

82 - Birtley - Birtley Northside - Portmeads - Portobello - Rickleton - Harraton - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Washington Village - Barmston Horsley Road - Barmston Village Centre - Concord - Donwell - Usworth College - Wardley - Leam Lane Estate - Heworth
Operating Every 20 Minutes between Birtley and Concord, Every 30 Minutes between Birtley and Heworth
Malarkey
07 May 2015, 1:27 pm #2191

Been thinking about a Coversation we had a Month or so ago about the Biddick/Fatfield Corridor of Service in Washington, So I have came up with these Suggestions to re-jig the Washington Area.

2 - Silksworth - Ryhope - Hollycarrside - Grangetown - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Grindon - Hastings Hill - Shiney Row - Fatfield - Harraton - Lambton - Washington Galleries

2A - Silksworth - Ryhope - Hollycarrside - Grangetown - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Grindon - Hastings Hill - Shiney Row - Penshaw - Barnwell - Fatfield - Biddick - Washington Galleries
Frequency Decreased to Every 30 Minutes, Operating Every 10 Minutes Combined with Service 2

4 - Heworth - Usworth - Concord - Albany - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Fencehouses - Houghton le Spring
4A - Heworth - Usworth - Concord - Albany - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Fencehouses - Houghton le Spring

8 - Sunderland - Hylton Riverside/Enterprise Park - Waterview Park - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Fatfield Fallowfield Way - Fatfield Riverside - Harraton - Rickleton - Picktree Village - Chester le Street - Pelton - Beamish - Stanley

81 - Concord - Blackfell - Oxclose - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Brady Square - Barmston Court - Station Road - Barmston Road - Teal Farm - Waterview Park
Merge of Services 85/86 Re-Numbered Service 81 Operating Every 20 Minutes, Would be restricted to Single Decker Vehicles due to Height Restriction(Railway Bridge) on Station Road.

82 - Birtley - Birtley Northside - Portmeads - Portobello - Rickleton - Harraton - Ayton - Lambton - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Washington Village - Barmston Horsley Road - Barmston Village Centre - Concord - Donwell - Usworth College - Wardley - Leam Lane Estate - Heworth
Operating Every 20 Minutes between Birtley and Concord, Every 30 Minutes between Birtley and Heworth

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
07 May 2015, 1:30 pm
(07 May 2015, 1:27 pm)Malarkey Been thinking about a Coversation we had a Month or so ago about the Biddick/Fatfield Corridor of Service in Washington, So I have came up with these Suggestions to re-jig the Washington Area.

Interesting...

What do you think of the ideas I posted mate Big Grin
MrFozz
07 May 2015, 1:30 pm #2192

(07 May 2015, 1:27 pm)Malarkey Been thinking about a Coversation we had a Month or so ago about the Biddick/Fatfield Corridor of Service in Washington, So I have came up with these Suggestions to re-jig the Washington Area.

Interesting...

07 May 2015, 1:41 pm
(07 May 2015, 1:30 pm)MrFozz Interesting...

I have never been on any of the East Durham Services nor am I familiar with there Routes or Passenger Number etc, so I wouldnt want to comment and say if they were bad or not, it is nice to someone else coming with a few suggestions rather than just me for once though.
Malarkey
07 May 2015, 1:41 pm #2193

(07 May 2015, 1:30 pm)MrFozz Interesting...

I have never been on any of the East Durham Services nor am I familiar with there Routes or Passenger Number etc, so I wouldnt want to comment and say if they were bad or not, it is nice to someone else coming with a few suggestions rather than just me for once though.

07 May 2015, 2:55 pm
(07 May 2015, 8:07 am)MrFozz New 238

Modified 265

Modified 202

New 203

New 60A

New X89

New X78

New X8

I cant see the demand there when phase 2 opens, its more catered for people with cars, Morrisons would be more traffic by car than on foot and it will be mostly locals that would go to Morrisons if their use the public transport of GNE 61 service. Cant see passengers from Newcastle and Gateshead going to Dalton Park to shop at morrisons

new Hotel:  l cant see majority of their guests coming by bus.
new morrisons: more catered for cars etc...
new cinema: their are local transport links, probably must will arrive by taxi, parents taxi lol or car ownership etc...
new KFC: yes I be going their by car, saves me trailing all the way to Belmont for my bucket of chicken Big Grin

your new 238 its mostly 2 existing GNE bus services with service 20 on a high frequency on part of the section of route.

your new 60A, passengers from seaham can get service 60 then service 61 from the main road at Seaham. 

I wouldn't like to do the full route on your X78 suggestion, it will be morning when you leave Consett and night time when you get to Sunderland lol.

After the phase 2 completion GNE said that will look to see what the demand is like, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I be waiting for phase 3 to finish so I can take the murton bypass road, the tarmac roads in murton is terrible, thought the car was going to get swallowed up by a hole lol.

Is their a demand for a express service from Murton to Gateshead and Newcastle, just passengers can travel on the 202/265 then jump on service X1 where it meets service 202/265.

GNE might put on the 202 back on evenings and sundays if the trade picks up after phase 2 with children etc.. going to the cinema.

don't take offence on my post, just I live in the East Durham area and want GNE to branch out more but theres not much their can branch out to to make a profit and there not going to take on Arriva routes unless their want a backwash from Arriva.

cbma06
07 May 2015, 2:55 pm #2194

(07 May 2015, 8:07 am)MrFozz New 238

Modified 265

Modified 202

New 203

New 60A

New X89

New X78

New X8

I cant see the demand there when phase 2 opens, its more catered for people with cars, Morrisons would be more traffic by car than on foot and it will be mostly locals that would go to Morrisons if their use the public transport of GNE 61 service. Cant see passengers from Newcastle and Gateshead going to Dalton Park to shop at morrisons

new cinema: their are local transport links, probably must will arrive by taxi, parents taxi lol or car ownership etc...
new KFC: yes I be going their by car, saves me trailing all the way to Belmont for my bucket of chicken Big Grin

your new 238 its mostly 2 existing GNE bus services with service 20 on a high frequency on part of the section of route.

your new 60A, passengers from seaham can get service 60 then service 61 from the main road at Seaham. 

I wouldn't like to do the full route on your X78 suggestion, it will be morning when you leave Consett and night time when you get to Sunderland lol.

After the phase 2 completion GNE said that will look to see what the demand is like, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I be waiting for phase 3 to finish so I can take the murton bypass road, the tarmac roads in murton is terrible, thought the car was going to get swallowed up by a hole lol.

Is their a demand for a express service from Murton to Gateshead and Newcastle, just passengers can travel on the 202/265 then jump on service X1 where it meets service 202/265.

GNE might put on the 202 back on evenings and sundays if the trade picks up after phase 2 with children etc.. going to the cinema.

don't take offence on my post, just I live in the East Durham area and want GNE to branch out more but theres not much their can branch out to to make a profit and there not going to take on Arriva routes unless their want a backwash from Arriva.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
07 May 2015, 3:17 pm
(07 May 2015, 2:55 pm)cbma06 I cant see the demand there when phase 2 opens, its more catered for people with cars, Morrisons would be more traffic by car than on foot and it will be mostly locals that would go to Morrisons if their use the public transport of GNE 61 service. Cant see passengers from Newcastle and Gateshead going to Dalton Park to shop at morrisons

I am deeply offended and heartbroken

Nah seriously, no offence taken mate...

You fairly picked that apart lol...

I reckoned my X78 would take a similar amount of time than the 78 if it ran express between Consett-Chester and express between Houghton-Dalton Park with the rest of the journey being along the A19...

When I get a new computer I am going to try and knock up some timetables for my suggested journeys...

One thing that should be done at Dalton Park is create better links on to the site, I dunno move the bus stop further up and create a new entrance for buses at the top near Maccy D's, Murton buses could use it as a bus only link and drive straight through without using the bus turning circle

Thanks for your input anyway pal Big Grin
MrFozz
07 May 2015, 3:17 pm #2195

(07 May 2015, 2:55 pm)cbma06 I cant see the demand there when phase 2 opens, its more catered for people with cars, Morrisons would be more traffic by car than on foot and it will be mostly locals that would go to Morrisons if their use the public transport of GNE 61 service. Cant see passengers from Newcastle and Gateshead going to Dalton Park to shop at morrisons

I am deeply offended and heartbroken

I reckoned my X78 would take a similar amount of time than the 78 if it ran express between Consett-Chester and express between Houghton-Dalton Park with the rest of the journey being along the A19...

When I get a new computer I am going to try and knock up some timetables for my suggested journeys...

One thing that should be done at Dalton Park is create better links on to the site, I dunno move the bus stop further up and create a new entrance for buses at the top near Maccy D's, Murton buses could use it as a bus only link and drive straight through without using the bus turning circle

07 May 2015, 3:46 pm
(07 May 2015, 3:17 pm)MrFozz I am deeply offended and heartbroken

Their supposed to be making a new south entrance on Dalton park from the murton bypass road, since the new entrance wasn't included in the plans for phase 2, then it probably be in the plans for phase 3. even though the un opened road section from the A19 to along south side of Dalton park is already been tarmac for a long time and barried off.

yes their could run the buses straight through next to Mc Donalds onto Mathews Road, but that may open a can of worms, and cause more traffic problems for the local residents in that area with other vehicles coming in and out of that exit, and theirs only a T junction to get back onto the main road.  Is their any bus services still goes down Mathews Road behind Dalton park?.

to make a bus link onto Mathews road, it will probably cost about 50K for 2 white collar workers from the council to come out and shake their heads at each over and rub their own chins, and the cost of opening up the junction, realigning the curbs, marking the road, purchasing and installing a barrier or raised bollard, and also price of labour, and health and safety gone mad which will run into hundreds of thousands of pounds.

cbma06
07 May 2015, 3:46 pm #2196

(07 May 2015, 3:17 pm)MrFozz I am deeply offended and heartbroken

Their supposed to be making a new south entrance on Dalton park from the murton bypass road, since the new entrance wasn't included in the plans for phase 2, then it probably be in the plans for phase 3. even though the un opened road section from the A19 to along south side of Dalton park is already been tarmac for a long time and barried off.

yes their could run the buses straight through next to Mc Donalds onto Mathews Road, but that may open a can of worms, and cause more traffic problems for the local residents in that area with other vehicles coming in and out of that exit, and theirs only a T junction to get back onto the main road.  Is their any bus services still goes down Mathews Road behind Dalton park?.

to make a bus link onto Mathews road, it will probably cost about 50K for 2 white collar workers from the council to come out and shake their heads at each over and rub their own chins, and the cost of opening up the junction, realigning the curbs, marking the road, purchasing and installing a barrier or raised bollard, and also price of labour, and health and safety gone mad which will run into hundreds of thousands of pounds.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
07 May 2015, 3:57 pm
(07 May 2015, 3:46 pm)cbma06 Their supposed to be making a new south entrance on Dalton park from the murton bypass road, since the new entrance wasn't included in the plans for phase 2, then it probably be in the plans for phase 3. even though the un opened road section from the A19 to along south side of Dalton park is already been tarmac for a long time and barried off.

I never knew a phase 3 was in the plans, it would make sense for a Southern End Road into Dalton Park

(07 May 2015, 3:46 pm)cbma06 yes their could run the buses straight through next to Mc Donalds onto Mathews Road, but that may open a can of worms, and cause more traffic problems for the local residents in that area with other vehicles coming in and out of that exit, and theirs only a T junction to get back onto the main road.  Is their any bus services still goes down Mathews Road behind Dalton park?.

Only the 265 goes over Wembley these days, I also thought, could the loading bay at the back of Dalton Park be modified to include new bus stops for Murton bound buses and drive straight through
MrFozz
07 May 2015, 3:57 pm #2197

(07 May 2015, 3:46 pm)cbma06 Their supposed to be making a new south entrance on Dalton park from the murton bypass road, since the new entrance wasn't included in the plans for phase 2, then it probably be in the plans for phase 3. even though the un opened road section from the A19 to along south side of Dalton park is already been tarmac for a long time and barried off.

I never knew a phase 3 was in the plans, it would make sense for a Southern End Road into Dalton Park

(07 May 2015, 3:46 pm)cbma06 yes their could run the buses straight through next to Mc Donalds onto Mathews Road, but that may open a can of worms, and cause more traffic problems for the local residents in that area with other vehicles coming in and out of that exit, and theirs only a T junction to get back onto the main road.  Is their any bus services still goes down Mathews Road behind Dalton park?.

Only the 265 goes over Wembley these days, I also thought, could the loading bay at the back of Dalton Park be modified to include new bus stops for Murton bound buses and drive straight through

08 May 2015, 5:47 pm

I don't think your suggestions for service 81 between Brady Square and Teal Farm would work mate. I'm sure I remember reading that Go North East stopped running services from Brady Square to Barmston Court as the junction on Station Road is very tight even for a minibus to get round, plus the buildings on either side at the end of the junction obstruct the drivers view when turning. It may be ok on an evening though when its not so busy. Barmston Road between Barmston Court and Teal Farm is still closed due to the construction work going on in the area.
Washingtonian
08 May 2015, 5:47 pm #2198

I don't think your suggestions for service 81 between Brady Square and Teal Farm would work mate. I'm sure I remember reading that Go North East stopped running services from Brady Square to Barmston Court as the junction on Station Road is very tight even for a minibus to get round, plus the buildings on either side at the end of the junction obstruct the drivers view when turning. It may be ok on an evening though when its not so busy. Barmston Road between Barmston Court and Teal Farm is still closed due to the construction work going on in the area.

08 May 2015, 6:12 pm
(08 May 2015, 5:47 pm)Washingtonian I don't think your suggestions for service 81 between Brady Square and Teal Farm would work mate. I'm sure I remember reading that Go North East stopped running services from Brady Square to Barmston Court as the junction on Station Road  is very tight even for a minibus to get round, plus the buildings on either side at the end of the junction obstruct the drivers view when turning. It may be ok on an evening though when its not so busy. Barmston Road between Barmston Court and Teal Farm is still closed due to the construction work going on in the area.

Yes I see what you mean now and the reasons behind the split of service between Brady Square and Barmston Court, Oak Street which leads onto Oxclose/Station Road is also quite a narrow road to turn onto, and is obstructed at the Junction by Parked Cars also which would horrendous for Buses, Wasnt aware of any construction work either between Barmston Road and Barmston Court either.
Malarkey
08 May 2015, 6:12 pm #2199

(08 May 2015, 5:47 pm)Washingtonian I don't think your suggestions for service 81 between Brady Square and Teal Farm would work mate. I'm sure I remember reading that Go North East stopped running services from Brady Square to Barmston Court as the junction on Station Road  is very tight even for a minibus to get round, plus the buildings on either side at the end of the junction obstruct the drivers view when turning. It may be ok on an evening though when its not so busy. Barmston Road between Barmston Court and Teal Farm is still closed due to the construction work going on in the area.

Yes I see what you mean now and the reasons behind the split of service between Brady Square and Barmston Court, Oak Street which leads onto Oxclose/Station Road is also quite a narrow road to turn onto, and is obstructed at the Junction by Parked Cars also which would horrendous for Buses, Wasnt aware of any construction work either between Barmston Road and Barmston Court either.

08 May 2015, 6:47 pm
(07 May 2015, 3:57 pm)MrFozz I never knew a phase 3 was in the plans, it would make sense for a Southern End Road into Dalton Park

I think the health and Safety rules would come into play.

cbma06
08 May 2015, 6:47 pm #2200

(07 May 2015, 3:57 pm)MrFozz I never knew a phase 3 was in the plans, it would make sense for a Southern End Road into Dalton Park

I think the health and Safety rules would come into play.

Pages (153): Previous 1109 110 111153 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 3004
Views 902683
21 May 2024, 10:09 pm
Last Post by Storx
Replies 4
Views 1264
09 Nov 2022, 7:05 pm
Last Post by L469 YVK