Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (14): Previous 111 12 13 14 Next
Dan
Site Administrator
24 Feb 2014, 7:52 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 7:40 pm)aureolin And cost cutting isn't unique to transport operators. We read about redundancies every other day in the news. All because of cost cutting. It doesn't make it right, but they're paid to maintain a target profit margin.

I've often thought about this when responding to complaints on here regarding various matters...

I think some of the decision making of our transport operators is not all down to the operators concerned, but their bosses. Stagecoach North East management may completely agree with some of the points we've raised in regards to running services off-peak for passenger convenience, but Mr. Souter and co. may think completely differently, and make Stagecoach North East face cuts so that overall group profit levels aren't harmed.
Dan
24 Feb 2014, 7:52 pm #221

(24 Feb 2014, 7:40 pm)aureolin And cost cutting isn't unique to transport operators. We read about redundancies every other day in the news. All because of cost cutting. It doesn't make it right, but they're paid to maintain a target profit margin.

I've often thought about this when responding to complaints on here regarding various matters...

I think some of the decision making of our transport operators is not all down to the operators concerned, but their bosses. Stagecoach North East management may completely agree with some of the points we've raised in regards to running services off-peak for passenger convenience, but Mr. Souter and co. may think completely differently, and make Stagecoach North East face cuts so that overall group profit levels aren't harmed.

24 Feb 2014, 9:06 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 7:25 pm)tyresmoke There's a fine line between propping up evening/Sunday services and giving value to the service at off peak, less profitable times, in order to sell weekly tickets to your regular passengers. Especially at these off peak times, if you're going to chop services to the bone and offer connections then you have to make sure they work properly.

Arriva cost cut at the minute. They reduce the frequency of the 306 after about 14:30 towards Newcastle in favour of the X9 runs. Now don't get me wrong, GNE do this with the Cobalt Clipper services but not at school kicking out times. But Arriva do it at school kicking out times when Monkseaton, Whitley Bay High, Marden Bridge and Tommy Moore are kicking out and flocking onto the 308. Even worse, the 306 is only running half hourly at that particular time meaning that despite the demand remaining the same as 8 buses ph, only 6 buses ph are running meaning that the 308 is struggling to keep to time.
Davey Bowyer
24 Feb 2014, 9:06 pm #222

(24 Feb 2014, 7:25 pm)tyresmoke There's a fine line between propping up evening/Sunday services and giving value to the service at off peak, less profitable times, in order to sell weekly tickets to your regular passengers. Especially at these off peak times, if you're going to chop services to the bone and offer connections then you have to make sure they work properly.

Arriva cost cut at the minute. They reduce the frequency of the 306 after about 14:30 towards Newcastle in favour of the X9 runs. Now don't get me wrong, GNE do this with the Cobalt Clipper services but not at school kicking out times. But Arriva do it at school kicking out times when Monkseaton, Whitley Bay High, Marden Bridge and Tommy Moore are kicking out and flocking onto the 308. Even worse, the 306 is only running half hourly at that particular time meaning that despite the demand remaining the same as 8 buses ph, only 6 buses ph are running meaning that the 308 is struggling to keep to time.

24 Feb 2014, 9:53 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 7:40 pm)aureolin I often think that some 10 min frequencies could be reduced from say 6 buses an hour to 4 an hour, allowing buses to run to a similar frequency into the evening. The staff and running costs should be similar - just more spread out. It should theoretically maintain the same profit margin also, as those travelling from A to B throughout the day will do so whether their bus is every 10 mins or every 15 mins. That's an alternative to propping up an early morning/late night/Sunday service. Simply abandoning customers who don't travel throughout the day is not. Maybe this is something a VPA would achieve though?

You ask any bus company employee, whether they are directly involved with service amendments or not and they will tell you that reducing frequencies DOES reduce passenger numbers and revenue. Even something as seemingly small as 6 to 4 per hour.

Why do you think bus operators on services without direct competition maintain these levels of frequency on some of their important routes? Because they know that it is warranted. If your theory was right, surely they would reduce and save the cost assuming they will retain all passengers. But, they know that isnt the case, they will loose out.

So doing what you suggest will hurt any service financially and any VPA would be silly to operate as such. Why move a third of the cost into times of the day when there is very little revenue? Doesnt even sound sensible.
VolvoMarkII
24 Feb 2014, 9:53 pm #223

(24 Feb 2014, 7:40 pm)aureolin I often think that some 10 min frequencies could be reduced from say 6 buses an hour to 4 an hour, allowing buses to run to a similar frequency into the evening. The staff and running costs should be similar - just more spread out. It should theoretically maintain the same profit margin also, as those travelling from A to B throughout the day will do so whether their bus is every 10 mins or every 15 mins. That's an alternative to propping up an early morning/late night/Sunday service. Simply abandoning customers who don't travel throughout the day is not. Maybe this is something a VPA would achieve though?

You ask any bus company employee, whether they are directly involved with service amendments or not and they will tell you that reducing frequencies DOES reduce passenger numbers and revenue. Even something as seemingly small as 6 to 4 per hour.

Why do you think bus operators on services without direct competition maintain these levels of frequency on some of their important routes? Because they know that it is warranted. If your theory was right, surely they would reduce and save the cost assuming they will retain all passengers. But, they know that isnt the case, they will loose out.

So doing what you suggest will hurt any service financially and any VPA would be silly to operate as such. Why move a third of the cost into times of the day when there is very little revenue? Doesnt even sound sensible.

24 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 9:53 pm)VolvoMarkII You ask any bus company employee, whether they are directly involved with service amendments or not and they will tell you that reducing frequencies DOES reduce passenger numbers and revenue. Even something as seemingly small as 6 to 4 per hour.

What is your solution to prevent the alienating of fare paying customers then? Or is it better to keep forcing them on to other means of transport?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
24 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm #224

(24 Feb 2014, 9:53 pm)VolvoMarkII You ask any bus company employee, whether they are directly involved with service amendments or not and they will tell you that reducing frequencies DOES reduce passenger numbers and revenue. Even something as seemingly small as 6 to 4 per hour.

What is your solution to prevent the alienating of fare paying customers then? Or is it better to keep forcing them on to other means of transport?

24 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm)aureolin What is your solution to prevent the alienating of fare paying customers then? Or is it better to keep forcing them on to other means of transport?

I didnt say I had a solution, simply trying to explain the logic behind why bus operators slash and burn evening services in lieu of daytime frequencies.
VolvoMarkII
24 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm #225

(24 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm)aureolin What is your solution to prevent the alienating of fare paying customers then? Or is it better to keep forcing them on to other means of transport?

I didnt say I had a solution, simply trying to explain the logic behind why bus operators slash and burn evening services in lieu of daytime frequencies.

24 Feb 2014, 10:00 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm)VolvoMarkII I didnt say I had a solution, simply trying to explain the logic behind why bus operators slash and burn evening services in lieu of daytime frequencies.

I appreciate that, and also appreciate that what I've said may not work. But there again I'm an outsider looking in. There must be a solution out there, as the current approach of "do nothing" is as equally unsustainable going forward.

Adrian
24 Feb 2014, 10:00 pm #226

(24 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm)VolvoMarkII I didnt say I had a solution, simply trying to explain the logic behind why bus operators slash and burn evening services in lieu of daytime frequencies.

I appreciate that, and also appreciate that what I've said may not work. But there again I'm an outsider looking in. There must be a solution out there, as the current approach of "do nothing" is as equally unsustainable going forward.

24 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 10:00 pm)aureolin I appreciate that, and also appreciate that what I've said may not work. But there again I'm an outsider looking in. There must be a solution out there, as the current approach of "do nothing" is as equally unsustainable going forward.

Evening services are nowhere near the levels of patronage as years gone by, its hard to justify running anything past 9-10pm on Teesside, the passenger numbers just aren't there, and the services make a loss on an evening. It's just there as added value to the network really. There's not even a chance of increasing frequencies when passenger numbers are so low. Unfortunately people don't go out on a night using public transport any more, with families taking the car etc. There's not even the numbers of concessionary pass holders going home from the club any more either, and what's left is dwindling quickly unfortunately.
Even major trunk routes like the 36, 63 and X1 struggle badly with loadings past 10pm - with the X1 financially backed by Durham University and used by their students mainly (hence the overnight services on a Saturday morning).

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
24 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm #227

(24 Feb 2014, 10:00 pm)aureolin I appreciate that, and also appreciate that what I've said may not work. But there again I'm an outsider looking in. There must be a solution out there, as the current approach of "do nothing" is as equally unsustainable going forward.

Evening services are nowhere near the levels of patronage as years gone by, its hard to justify running anything past 9-10pm on Teesside, the passenger numbers just aren't there, and the services make a loss on an evening. It's just there as added value to the network really. There's not even a chance of increasing frequencies when passenger numbers are so low. Unfortunately people don't go out on a night using public transport any more, with families taking the car etc. There's not even the numbers of concessionary pass holders going home from the club any more either, and what's left is dwindling quickly unfortunately.
Even major trunk routes like the 36, 63 and X1 struggle badly with loadings past 10pm - with the X1 financially backed by Durham University and used by their students mainly (hence the overnight services on a Saturday morning).

24 Feb 2014, 10:13 pm

You are right and historically this is where the local authority would step in and support additional journeys, but as we all know, there is no money for that any more.

The situation can spiral out of control and create the death of a service by constant cuts to the operating day.
VolvoMarkII
24 Feb 2014, 10:13 pm #228

You are right and historically this is where the local authority would step in and support additional journeys, but as we all know, there is no money for that any more.

The situation can spiral out of control and create the death of a service by constant cuts to the operating day.

24 Feb 2014, 10:53 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 10:13 pm)VolvoMarkII You are right and historically this is where the local authority would step in and support additional journeys, but as we all know, there is no money for that any more.

Maybe it is time the operators realised the bubble has burst and the days of big margins have gone.
Local authorities aren't stepping in any more and punters who are struggling to pay bills - but possibly would still get down the club, aren't (just like aureolin said), because of the cuts to services (either funded or commercially).

Like most people, I don't have the answer, but the operators aren't doing themselves any favours in the eyes of passengers, with constant cuts - glossed over with ticket deals and a shiny new bus.

If passengers were offered the choice between a swanky bus with mod cons and their current service versus a lower spec bus which was more frequent (funded by the savings made by purchasing a cheaper bus), I wonder what the consensus would be?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
24 Feb 2014, 10:53 pm #229

(24 Feb 2014, 10:13 pm)VolvoMarkII You are right and historically this is where the local authority would step in and support additional journeys, but as we all know, there is no money for that any more.

Maybe it is time the operators realised the bubble has burst and the days of big margins have gone.
Local authorities aren't stepping in any more and punters who are struggling to pay bills - but possibly would still get down the club, aren't (just like aureolin said), because of the cuts to services (either funded or commercially).

Like most people, I don't have the answer, but the operators aren't doing themselves any favours in the eyes of passengers, with constant cuts - glossed over with ticket deals and a shiny new bus.

If passengers were offered the choice between a swanky bus with mod cons and their current service versus a lower spec bus which was more frequent (funded by the savings made by purchasing a cheaper bus), I wonder what the consensus would be?

24 Feb 2014, 11:12 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 10:53 pm)andreos1 Maybe it is time the operators realised the bubble has burst and the days of big margins have gone.

Except, regardless of what bus is used, the costs are still the same. So, regardless, it's catch 22 - as tyresmoke said, the day of major evening services is over and before too much longer, you might even see major trunk routes in major urban areas end earlier on a evening rather than run until midnight.
Kuyoyo
24 Feb 2014, 11:12 pm #230

(24 Feb 2014, 10:53 pm)andreos1 Maybe it is time the operators realised the bubble has burst and the days of big margins have gone.

Except, regardless of what bus is used, the costs are still the same. So, regardless, it's catch 22 - as tyresmoke said, the day of major evening services is over and before too much longer, you might even see major trunk routes in major urban areas end earlier on a evening rather than run until midnight.

25 Feb 2014, 7:49 am
(24 Feb 2014, 11:12 pm)Kuyoyo Except, regardless of what bus is used, the costs are still the same. So, regardless, it's catch 22 - as tyresmoke said, the day of major evening services is over and before too much longer, you might even see major trunk routes in major urban areas end earlier on a evening rather than run until midnight.

I agree, we will start to see more services run off earlier and start later- unless operators start to think differently.
However, I disagree about costs.

The type of vehicle and fuel economy differ, depending on vehicle type.
A proactive approach to fuel purchasing and insurance costs can also play a part.
No idea about other operators, but Go ahead have drastically cut insurance costs and have bulk fuel policies which mean they have bought fuel for as little as 49p per litre recently.

Andreos1
25 Feb 2014, 7:49 am #231

(24 Feb 2014, 11:12 pm)Kuyoyo Except, regardless of what bus is used, the costs are still the same. So, regardless, it's catch 22 - as tyresmoke said, the day of major evening services is over and before too much longer, you might even see major trunk routes in major urban areas end earlier on a evening rather than run until midnight.

I agree, we will start to see more services run off earlier and start later- unless operators start to think differently.

A proactive approach to fuel purchasing and insurance costs can also play a part.
No idea about other operators, but Go ahead have drastically cut insurance costs and have bulk fuel policies which mean they have bought fuel for as little as 49p per litre recently.

Dan
Site Administrator
25 Feb 2014, 8:12 am
(25 Feb 2014, 7:49 am)andreos1 I agree, we will start to see more services run off earlier and start later- unless operators start to think differently.

Of course this does not mean every bus belonging to the Go-Ahead parent company can refuel for as little as 49p per litre.
There are instances whereby 'outstationed' vehicles refuel away from Go North East premises - I believe that the vehicles based at Peterlee for example refuel on council-owned premises, with a deal set up there.
That figure will, if I am correct, exclude additional resources required for refuelling on modern-day vehicles at the very least. Recently manufactured vehicles such as the Mercedes Citaro and the Volvo B8RLE all require a substance called "AdBlue" (Google it if you're not familiar with it).This will come at an additional cost - how significant this additional cost is, I do not know.
Dan
25 Feb 2014, 8:12 am #232

(25 Feb 2014, 7:49 am)andreos1 I agree, we will start to see more services run off earlier and start later- unless operators start to think differently.

Of course this does not mean every bus belonging to the Go-Ahead parent company can refuel for as little as 49p per litre.
There are instances whereby 'outstationed' vehicles refuel away from Go North East premises - I believe that the vehicles based at Peterlee for example refuel on council-owned premises, with a deal set up there.
That figure will, if I am correct, exclude additional resources required for refuelling on modern-day vehicles at the very least. Recently manufactured vehicles such as the Mercedes Citaro and the Volvo B8RLE all require a substance called "AdBlue" (Google it if you're not familiar with it).This will come at an additional cost - how significant this additional cost is, I do not know.

25 Feb 2014, 8:28 am
(25 Feb 2014, 8:12 am)Dan Of course this does not mean every bus belonging to the Go-Ahead parent company can refuel for as little as 49p per litre.

Of course it doesn't.
But it does show how effective planning and purchasing strategies can impact on costs for vehicles.

What you said about the adblue (I know all about it) also adds to what I was saying.
It doesn't add that much to the daily costs - but does mean that each vehicle type, has different running costs.

The outstationed vehicles will have additional costs, but these are obviously outweighed by lower wages and shorter runs to/from the depot.
What would be an unprofitable or at least close to margins service if based at Deptford, can become profitable due to it being stationed at Peterlee

Andreos1
25 Feb 2014, 8:28 am #233

(25 Feb 2014, 8:12 am)Dan Of course this does not mean every bus belonging to the Go-Ahead parent company can refuel for as little as 49p per litre.

Of course it doesn't.
But it does show how effective planning and purchasing strategies can impact on costs for vehicles.

What you said about the adblue (I know all about it) also adds to what I was saying.
It doesn't add that much to the daily costs - but does mean that each vehicle type, has different running costs.

The outstationed vehicles will have additional costs, but these are obviously outweighed by lower wages and shorter runs to/from the depot.
What would be an unprofitable or at least close to margins service if based at Deptford, can become profitable due to it being stationed at Peterlee

CatsFast101
Unregistered

25 Feb 2014, 10:54 am
(24 Feb 2014, 5:57 pm)Dan Who said my sightings of service 24 were during school holidays? My school is situated on a road which service 24 uses, and when one gets bored, one may look out of the window...

You tend to notice if one day it's an Omni, one day it's a Pulsar, one day it's a DAF... It should be single deck, but anything goes. I'd note them on the Rare & Odd Workings thread, but of course I am in a classroom quite some distance away from the vehicle itself so I'm never able to identify them...

24 during the day is not usually a decker. Daytime buses should never be allocated a decker. You can from time to time see deckers working during the day but this is I assume covering for absent vehicles. 22 is Pulsar operated and mostly is In fact I'm struggling to remember seeing anything else allocated- maybe the odd dart occasionally certainly not regular to see anything other than a pulsar and same with 23 9.9/10 it's a solo, seen the odd pulsars on in the past but it is rare. 24 is a bit of an everything service though, deckers aren't that uncommon (during daytimes) and darts and Prestiges are allocated every so often too (a dart was on 24 yesterday iirc) however daytime runs should be Omnicity/Pulsar shared interworking/change of vehicles must occur in Durham to allow deckers to operate some peak time services.
CatsFast101
25 Feb 2014, 10:54 am #234

(24 Feb 2014, 5:57 pm)Dan Who said my sightings of service 24 were during school holidays? My school is situated on a road which service 24 uses, and when one gets bored, one may look out of the window...

You tend to notice if one day it's an Omni, one day it's a Pulsar, one day it's a DAF... It should be single deck, but anything goes. I'd note them on the Rare & Odd Workings thread, but of course I am in a classroom quite some distance away from the vehicle itself so I'm never able to identify them...

24 during the day is not usually a decker. Daytime buses should never be allocated a decker. You can from time to time see deckers working during the day but this is I assume covering for absent vehicles. 22 is Pulsar operated and mostly is In fact I'm struggling to remember seeing anything else allocated- maybe the odd dart occasionally certainly not regular to see anything other than a pulsar and same with 23 9.9/10 it's a solo, seen the odd pulsars on in the past but it is rare. 24 is a bit of an everything service though, deckers aren't that uncommon (during daytimes) and darts and Prestiges are allocated every so often too (a dart was on 24 yesterday iirc) however daytime runs should be Omnicity/Pulsar shared interworking/change of vehicles must occur in Durham to allow deckers to operate some peak time services.

25 Feb 2014, 12:34 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 2:41 pm)cbma06 About service 23 Sunderland-Hartlepool:

Ive seen plenty of times at Peterlee bus station seeing the Arriva 23 pulling in and only a few people getting on it and then GNE X35 pulls in and a bus load of passengers boarding the X35, the 23 and X35 pulls into Peterlee bus station each way practically a few minutes apart, even though most passengers boarding the X35 have GNE ticket passes which are cheaper than Arriva tickets and the GNE passes can be used on other GNE buses in the areas and Arriva day tickets etc... can only be used on a select of services as Arriva does not have a large presence in East Durham no more (by local day tickets). Also waiting for the bus and you see a solo 23 and you let it passed just in case its packed and also the solos look abit compact but the X35 scanias are a lot better and when you board the bus you have more freedom. Only reason why the arriva 23 gets full sometimes between Sunderland and Peterlee is due to Arriva service 24 being over 30 minutes late on a 30 minute frequency, lately the Arriva service 22 from Hartlepool still has reliability issues still with the service being roughly 10 minutes later coming from Hartlepool to Peterlee.

Im more surprised that GNE hasn't took on this service between Hartlepool-Peterlee-Sunderland, also surprised that Stagecoach are still in content with their beehive of services in Sunderland and hasn't ran a service between Sunderland and Hartlepool as it would link up their services and give more better value for money if a Stagecoach pass holder wanting to travel between Sunderland areas to Stockton areas.

I'm sorry but the fact that a 24 is running late is not the only reason the 23 gets busy. The 23 is the only direct link between Easington Colliery and Sunderland, which is quite a busy section at times. I don't see why people are surprised that Go North East haven't took on this service, they already run a substantial amount of services in other areas.
palatine3833
25 Feb 2014, 12:34 pm #235

(24 Feb 2014, 2:41 pm)cbma06 About service 23 Sunderland-Hartlepool:

Ive seen plenty of times at Peterlee bus station seeing the Arriva 23 pulling in and only a few people getting on it and then GNE X35 pulls in and a bus load of passengers boarding the X35, the 23 and X35 pulls into Peterlee bus station each way practically a few minutes apart, even though most passengers boarding the X35 have GNE ticket passes which are cheaper than Arriva tickets and the GNE passes can be used on other GNE buses in the areas and Arriva day tickets etc... can only be used on a select of services as Arriva does not have a large presence in East Durham no more (by local day tickets). Also waiting for the bus and you see a solo 23 and you let it passed just in case its packed and also the solos look abit compact but the X35 scanias are a lot better and when you board the bus you have more freedom. Only reason why the arriva 23 gets full sometimes between Sunderland and Peterlee is due to Arriva service 24 being over 30 minutes late on a 30 minute frequency, lately the Arriva service 22 from Hartlepool still has reliability issues still with the service being roughly 10 minutes later coming from Hartlepool to Peterlee.

Im more surprised that GNE hasn't took on this service between Hartlepool-Peterlee-Sunderland, also surprised that Stagecoach are still in content with their beehive of services in Sunderland and hasn't ran a service between Sunderland and Hartlepool as it would link up their services and give more better value for money if a Stagecoach pass holder wanting to travel between Sunderland areas to Stockton areas.

I'm sorry but the fact that a 24 is running late is not the only reason the 23 gets busy. The 23 is the only direct link between Easington Colliery and Sunderland, which is quite a busy section at times. I don't see why people are surprised that Go North East haven't took on this service, they already run a substantial amount of services in other areas.

25 Feb 2014, 12:39 pm
(24 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm)tyresmoke 24s are allocated DAF deckers too... One works the 24X too.

Monday-Friday, it is operated by 6 Pulsars, they're slowly easing the Scanias off due to reliability issues and trying to keep them more local. On Saturday there are 2 deckers allocated and on a Sunday/evening it should be 3 Pulsars.
palatine3833
25 Feb 2014, 12:39 pm #236

(24 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm)tyresmoke 24s are allocated DAF deckers too... One works the 24X too.

Monday-Friday, it is operated by 6 Pulsars, they're slowly easing the Scanias off due to reliability issues and trying to keep them more local. On Saturday there are 2 deckers allocated and on a Sunday/evening it should be 3 Pulsars.

25 Feb 2014, 12:42 pm

There are actually 3 boards Monday-Friday which are supposed to be allocated DAF deckers, but usually they get single deckers as the early inspector believe the doubles are best utilised elsewhere.
palatine3833
25 Feb 2014, 12:42 pm #237

There are actually 3 boards Monday-Friday which are supposed to be allocated DAF deckers, but usually they get single deckers as the early inspector believe the doubles are best utilised elsewhere.

25 Feb 2014, 1:13 pm
(25 Feb 2014, 8:28 am)andreos1 The outstationed vehicles will have additional costs, but these are obviously outweighed by lower wages and shorter runs to/from the depot.

Which is where your 'Low Cost' units come in. All the rage back in the eighties, but I'd be surprised if the cost differential between 'low cost' and 'full cost' is as high now as it was back then. The days of bread vans are thankfully near enough gone.
Chris
25 Feb 2014, 1:13 pm #238

(25 Feb 2014, 8:28 am)andreos1 The outstationed vehicles will have additional costs, but these are obviously outweighed by lower wages and shorter runs to/from the depot.

Which is where your 'Low Cost' units come in. All the rage back in the eighties, but I'd be surprised if the cost differential between 'low cost' and 'full cost' is as high now as it was back then. The days of bread vans are thankfully near enough gone.

Dan
Site Administrator
25 Feb 2014, 4:11 pm
Three pensioners getting off the 1600ish 23 service arrival into Sunderland; with two kids, three fare paying passengers and four pensioners getting on at Park Lane towards Hartlepool.

Usually far fewer passengers get on for that 1605ish departure from Park Lane, so I'm impressed...despite that loading still being poor given the time of day.
Dan
25 Feb 2014, 4:11 pm #239

Three pensioners getting off the 1600ish 23 service arrival into Sunderland; with two kids, three fare paying passengers and four pensioners getting on at Park Lane towards Hartlepool.

Usually far fewer passengers get on for that 1605ish departure from Park Lane, so I'm impressed...despite that loading still being poor given the time of day.

25 Feb 2014, 6:01 pm
(25 Feb 2014, 12:42 pm)palatine3833 There are actually 3 boards Monday-Friday which are supposed to be allocated DAF deckers, but usually they get single deckers as the early inspector believe the doubles are best utilised elsewhere.

Cheers that makes sense! Am I right in thinking the 24X's are on 57 boards? Passed 7464 in Shotton this morning with a decent load.

tyresmoke
25 Feb 2014, 6:01 pm #240

(25 Feb 2014, 12:42 pm)palatine3833 There are actually 3 boards Monday-Friday which are supposed to be allocated DAF deckers, but usually they get single deckers as the early inspector believe the doubles are best utilised elsewhere.

Cheers that makes sense! Am I right in thinking the 24X's are on 57 boards? Passed 7464 in Shotton this morning with a decent load.

Pages (14): Previous 111 12 13 14 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 211
Views 61347
01 Apr 2020, 10:00 am
Last Post by Dan