Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (15): Previous 112 13 14 15 Next
Tom
12 Dec 2013, 8:04 pm
(12 Dec 2013, 8:03 pm)Dan Do think it's a bit backward... Introducing branding on a service which interworks with another.
I'll jump in before people say, "Go North East have services which do that too". To those people - I've criticised GNE's services which do that too.

Yeah, I agree! - But to be fair, it's only a short, hourly service.
Tom
12 Dec 2013, 8:04 pm #241

(12 Dec 2013, 8:03 pm)Dan Do think it's a bit backward... Introducing branding on a service which interworks with another.
I'll jump in before people say, "Go North East have services which do that too". To those people - I've criticised GNE's services which do that too.

Yeah, I agree! - But to be fair, it's only a short, hourly service.

12 Dec 2013, 8:12 pm
(12 Dec 2013, 8:00 pm)Tom 6 and 42 interwork, so not rare really.

I didn't know that don't pay much attention to Arriva and there interworkings etc,plus it's rare I ever go to Durham anyway, and I agree with Daniel that having branding on an Interworking Service, Would it not be worth Re-Numbering the 42 as 6A so that the Branding isn't meaningless.
Malarkey
12 Dec 2013, 8:12 pm #242

(12 Dec 2013, 8:00 pm)Tom 6 and 42 interwork, so not rare really.

I didn't know that don't pay much attention to Arriva and there interworkings etc,plus it's rare I ever go to Durham anyway, and I agree with Daniel that having branding on an Interworking Service, Would it not be worth Re-Numbering the 42 as 6A so that the Branding isn't meaningless.

12 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm
(12 Dec 2013, 8:12 pm)Adam Malarkey I didn't know that don't pay much attention to Arriva and there interworkings etc,plus it's rare I ever go to Durham anyway, and I agree with Daniel that having branding on an Interworking Service, Would it not be worth Re-Numbering the 42 as 6A so that the Branding isn't meaningless.

It could be something to look at, but then there's route information on the bus above the windows, plus is it really worth the £60 to re-register?
BJ10VUS
12 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm #243

(12 Dec 2013, 8:12 pm)Adam Malarkey I didn't know that don't pay much attention to Arriva and there interworkings etc,plus it's rare I ever go to Durham anyway, and I agree with Daniel that having branding on an Interworking Service, Would it not be worth Re-Numbering the 42 as 6A so that the Branding isn't meaningless.

It could be something to look at, but then there's route information on the bus above the windows, plus is it really worth the £60 to re-register?

12 Dec 2013, 9:16 pm
YD63 UZN on the 64 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/11343466266/
12 Dec 2013, 9:19 pm
(12 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm)BJ10VUS It could be something to look at, but then there's route information on the bus above the windows, plus is it really worth the £60 to re-register?

Not sure the 42 would justify £60 being spent on it but there you go!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
12 Dec 2013, 9:19 pm #245

(12 Dec 2013, 8:58 pm)BJ10VUS It could be something to look at, but then there's route information on the bus above the windows, plus is it really worth the £60 to re-register?

Not sure the 42 would justify £60 being spent on it but there you go!

12 Dec 2013, 9:30 pm
(12 Dec 2013, 8:03 pm)Dan Do think it's a bit backward... Introducing branding on a service which interworks with another - especially when branding isn't a common thing in the Arriva North East network.

If you look, there's only 3 vehicles on the 6 that interwork with the 42 so given at present there's only 4 buses branded you should be able to allocate those onto the workings that don't do 42s (officially it's also supposed to happen on Teesside with one 27/27a board that does a X6 on the end on a weekday but 9/10 a branded one appears in there).
Kuyoyo
12 Dec 2013, 9:30 pm #246

(12 Dec 2013, 8:03 pm)Dan Do think it's a bit backward... Introducing branding on a service which interworks with another - especially when branding isn't a common thing in the Arriva North East network.

If you look, there's only 3 vehicles on the 6 that interwork with the 42 so given at present there's only 4 buses branded you should be able to allocate those onto the workings that don't do 42s (officially it's also supposed to happen on Teesside with one 27/27a board that does a X6 on the end on a weekday but 9/10 a branded one appears in there).

12 Dec 2013, 11:35 pm
I have created the following group on flickr, so if you could join it that would be great

Arriva North East Sapphire Branded Wright Pulsar 2's
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2429918@N20/
Malarkey
12 Dec 2013, 11:35 pm #247

I have created the following group on flickr, so if you could join it that would be great

Arriva North East Sapphire Branded Wright Pulsar 2's
http://www.flickr.com/groups/2429918@N20/

Dan
Site Administrator
13 Dec 2013, 9:33 am
Make a wish this Christmas with Arriva:
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/xmas
Dan
13 Dec 2013, 9:33 am #248

Make a wish this Christmas with Arriva:
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/xmas

13 Dec 2013, 9:34 am
I had a look at the Versa earlier in the week and really liked the colour.A Versa was trialled at Bishop Auckland some years ago but none were ordered so I wonder if it will be more successful this time.It is vehicle that size wise would be useful for some of the estates that Arriva buses use, Darlington could use them for Services 9 and 10 and X26 and X27.
upt50k
13 Dec 2013, 9:34 am #249

I had a look at the Versa earlier in the week and really liked the colour.A Versa was trialled at Bishop Auckland some years ago but none were ordered so I wonder if it will be more successful this time.It is vehicle that size wise would be useful for some of the estates that Arriva buses use, Darlington could use them for Services 9 and 10 and X26 and X27.

13 Dec 2013, 3:49 pm
Driving through Sherburn earlier and ANE had two extremes on the 64.

The Versa was coming out of the estate, whilst an Rxxx COO dart was heading in.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Dec 2013, 3:49 pm #250

Driving through Sherburn earlier and ANE had two extremes on the 64.

The Versa was coming out of the estate, whilst an Rxxx COO dart was heading in.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

13 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm
Well it appears the mysterious happenings have moved from service X1 to Redcar depot.... the latest repaints are 1651 (R426COO) and 1743 (V743ECU)
Bizarre!

tyresmoke
13 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm #251

Well it appears the mysterious happenings have moved from service X1 to Redcar depot.... the latest repaints are 1651 (R426COO) and 1743 (V743ECU)
Bizarre!

16 Dec 2013, 1:06 pm
Pulsar 1450 is the first example to be debranded, although so far it has only lost its 27 numbers.
Kuyoyo
16 Dec 2013, 1:06 pm #252

Pulsar 1450 is the first example to be debranded, although so far it has only lost its 27 numbers.

17 Dec 2013, 5:39 pm
PB0002717/243 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Belmont Park & Ride and Sniperley Park & Ride given service number P1 effective from 23-Dec-2013. To amend Timetable.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Dec 2013, 5:39 pm #253

PB0002717/243 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Belmont Park & Ride and Sniperley Park & Ride given service number P1 effective from 23-Dec-2013. To amend Timetable.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

18 Dec 2013, 11:31 am
1451 is the first 'Fresh' Pulsar to be completely debranded.
Kuyoyo
18 Dec 2013, 11:31 am #254

1451 is the first 'Fresh' Pulsar to be completely debranded.

19 Dec 2013, 4:10 pm
(11 Dec 2013, 7:06 pm)Greg in Weardale Exactly. It's a question of SERVICE v COMPETITION. I agree that Northern starting the X84/85 between Hexham and Newcastle was opportunistic (although they did run the 684 hourly, albeit slower), more so than the introduction of the OK1 which did fill a gap in the market with a fast bus Crook - Bishop - Darlington and on a different route than Arriva's 1/1B ie via the new shops at St Helens and West Auckland rather than Shildon. But Arriva's response to the Tynedalexpress has put competition before service, as northern156 has lost his early SERVICE to Carlisle, so Arriva can COMPETE with GNE between Hexham and Newcastle, even though to do this they now have five light workings between Jesmond and Hexham and one all the way to Carlisle, instead of the one they had before (the return of the evening X85). Why didn't they just retime their X85's to run in front of Northern? Yes, they've saved three long layovers in Carlisle in the morning (assuming the word on the street is correct that the empty bus works the 1107) and two in the evening, but there must still be four long breaks in Carlisle between 1256 and 1707, unless the Tardis has regenerated as an OmniCity! It's silly, illogical and commercially it can't be financially viable as the revenue Arriva may claw back from GNE will be gobbled up by all the empty running.

This is exactly what happened when the 6 was increased to a 12 minute frequency. Two buses an hour were removed from Evenwood to stick an extra service in from Durham to West Auckland to compete with the X21 and OK1, yes the old 50 was extended to Evenwood via Ramshaw but people do not want to be carted all around Toft Hill and Witton to get to Bishop and not surprisingly it was binned in September. Now the two Cockfield buses get absolutely hammered and causes late running and bunching of the service.
stueybish
19 Dec 2013, 4:10 pm #255

(11 Dec 2013, 7:06 pm)Greg in Weardale Exactly. It's a question of SERVICE v COMPETITION. I agree that Northern starting the X84/85 between Hexham and Newcastle was opportunistic (although they did run the 684 hourly, albeit slower), more so than the introduction of the OK1 which did fill a gap in the market with a fast bus Crook - Bishop - Darlington and on a different route than Arriva's 1/1B ie via the new shops at St Helens and West Auckland rather than Shildon. But Arriva's response to the Tynedalexpress has put competition before service, as northern156 has lost his early SERVICE to Carlisle, so Arriva can COMPETE with GNE between Hexham and Newcastle, even though to do this they now have five light workings between Jesmond and Hexham and one all the way to Carlisle, instead of the one they had before (the return of the evening X85). Why didn't they just retime their X85's to run in front of Northern? Yes, they've saved three long layovers in Carlisle in the morning (assuming the word on the street is correct that the empty bus works the 1107) and two in the evening, but there must still be four long breaks in Carlisle between 1256 and 1707, unless the Tardis has regenerated as an OmniCity! It's silly, illogical and commercially it can't be financially viable as the revenue Arriva may claw back from GNE will be gobbled up by all the empty running.

This is exactly what happened when the 6 was increased to a 12 minute frequency. Two buses an hour were removed from Evenwood to stick an extra service in from Durham to West Auckland to compete with the X21 and OK1, yes the old 50 was extended to Evenwood via Ramshaw but people do not want to be carted all around Toft Hill and Witton to get to Bishop and not surprisingly it was binned in September. Now the two Cockfield buses get absolutely hammered and causes late running and bunching of the service.

19 Dec 2013, 5:07 pm
(19 Dec 2013, 4:10 pm)RGR756V This is exactly what happened when the 6 was increased to a 12 minute frequency. Two buses an hour were removed from Evenwood to stick an extra service in from Durham to West Auckland to compete with the X21 and OK1, yes the old 50 was extended to Evenwood via Ramshaw but people do not want to be carted all around Toft Hill and Witton to get to Bishop and not surprisingly it was binned in September. Now the two Cockfield buses get absolutely hammered and causes late running and bunching of the service.

And when the Cockfield 6's are late they often run back empty via A688, omitting Evenwood, (and sometimes even West Auckland going via by-pass). The 6 is an example of a timetable change which puts COMPETITION before SERVICE. Only a total idiot would extend two journeys per hour on a 12 min frequency, thus giving a 24 min / 36 min gap between Cockfield buses, with one of them laying over for 15 min at Hollymoor Road End.
Greg in Weardale
19 Dec 2013, 5:07 pm #256

(19 Dec 2013, 4:10 pm)RGR756V This is exactly what happened when the 6 was increased to a 12 minute frequency. Two buses an hour were removed from Evenwood to stick an extra service in from Durham to West Auckland to compete with the X21 and OK1, yes the old 50 was extended to Evenwood via Ramshaw but people do not want to be carted all around Toft Hill and Witton to get to Bishop and not surprisingly it was binned in September. Now the two Cockfield buses get absolutely hammered and causes late running and bunching of the service.

And when the Cockfield 6's are late they often run back empty via A688, omitting Evenwood, (and sometimes even West Auckland going via by-pass). The 6 is an example of a timetable change which puts COMPETITION before SERVICE. Only a total idiot would extend two journeys per hour on a 12 min frequency, thus giving a 24 min / 36 min gap between Cockfield buses, with one of them laying over for 15 min at Hollymoor Road End.

Tom
19 Dec 2013, 5:12 pm
Ticket changes

New tickets from Arriva allow travelling between Hartlepool and Sunderland for £6.90 (day) and £25.50 (week), and Peterlee and Sunderland for £5.70 (day) and £22 (week) which is rather good!
Tom
19 Dec 2013, 5:12 pm #257

Ticket changes

New tickets from Arriva allow travelling between Hartlepool and Sunderland for £6.90 (day) and £25.50 (week), and Peterlee and Sunderland for £5.70 (day) and £22 (week) which is rather good!

19 Dec 2013, 5:29 pm
(19 Dec 2013, 5:12 pm)Tom Ticket changes

Kinda makes the Durham day tickets a bit pointless though.

tyresmoke
19 Dec 2013, 5:29 pm #258

Kinda makes the Durham day tickets a bit pointless though.

19 Dec 2013, 5:45 pm

Who made these prices up?, for the 3 zone ticket for a month to travel in Hartlepool, peterlee and Sunderland is the same price for a northeast all zone ticket for a month.

To travel between Hartlepool,peterlee and Sunderland for a week and if you just pay an extra pound per week then you can get an northeast all zone ticket.

The East Durham triple ticket should of been a lot cheaper than just a pound ish cheaper than a northeast all zone ticket.

Wish there was picture or diagram of the zone boundries of the east durham ticket.

I think Arriva should take a page out of GNE ticket boundries, and have the same kind of setup even though the prices might be a bit cheaper but it would at least draw more passengers onto there buses

cbma06
19 Dec 2013, 5:45 pm #259

Who made these prices up?, for the 3 zone ticket for a month to travel in Hartlepool, peterlee and Sunderland is the same price for a northeast all zone ticket for a month.

To travel between Hartlepool,peterlee and Sunderland for a week and if you just pay an extra pound per week then you can get an northeast all zone ticket.

The East Durham triple ticket should of been a lot cheaper than just a pound ish cheaper than a northeast all zone ticket.

Wish there was picture or diagram of the zone boundries of the east durham ticket.

I think Arriva should take a page out of GNE ticket boundries, and have the same kind of setup even though the prices might be a bit cheaper but it would at least draw more passengers onto there buses

Tom
19 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm
(19 Dec 2013, 5:45 pm)cbma06 Who made these prices up?, for the 3 zone ticket for a month to travel in Hartlepool, peterlee and Sunderland is the same price for a northeast all zone ticket for a month.

There is:
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/uploadedFiles...Map(1).pdf
Tom
19 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm #260

(19 Dec 2013, 5:45 pm)cbma06 Who made these prices up?, for the 3 zone ticket for a month to travel in Hartlepool, peterlee and Sunderland is the same price for a northeast all zone ticket for a month.

There is:
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/uploadedFiles...Map(1).pdf

Pages (15): Previous 112 13 14 15 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 211
Views 61708
01 Apr 2020, 10:00 am
Last Post by Dan