Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (239): Previous 112 13 14239 Next
23 Jan 2014, 4:22 pm
I was on one of Lee's 53 seater Van Hool Eos coaches when I went down to Silverstone on a Newmarket Holiday. It was absolutely horrible. Legroom was dreadfully terrible and the air con was broken. It was 25 degrees at the time, so everyone had to improvise by using newspapers and magazines as fans and buy at least 2 bottles of water each every time we stopped at the services. Spending 15 hours on that coach over 2 days was dreadful Sad
Adam
23 Jan 2014, 4:22 pm #241

I was on one of Lee's 53 seater Van Hool Eos coaches when I went down to Silverstone on a Newmarket Holiday. It was absolutely horrible. Legroom was dreadfully terrible and the air con was broken. It was 25 degrees at the time, so everyone had to improvise by using newspapers and magazines as fans and buy at least 2 bottles of water each every time we stopped at the services. Spending 15 hours on that coach over 2 days was dreadful Sad

Tom
25 Jan 2014, 9:39 am
Heworth, South Shields and Sunderland for me today, with a possibility of a few photos in Newcastle/Gateshead.
Tom
25 Jan 2014, 9:39 am #242

Heworth, South Shields and Sunderland for me today, with a possibility of a few photos in Newcastle/Gateshead.

25 Jan 2014, 10:01 am
(25 Jan 2014, 9:39 am)Tom Heworth, South Shields and Sunderland for me today, with a possibility of a few photos in Newcastle/Gateshead.

My day consists of taking Cadets to Stokesley, Thornaby and Nunthorpe...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
25 Jan 2014, 10:01 am #243

(25 Jan 2014, 9:39 am)Tom Heworth, South Shields and Sunderland for me today, with a possibility of a few photos in Newcastle/Gateshead.

My day consists of taking Cadets to Stokesley, Thornaby and Nunthorpe...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
25 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm
Hey Dan you got any solid ideas about Dunfermline, was just wondering mate...

Take care
MrFozz
25 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm #244

Hey Dan you got any solid ideas about Dunfermline, was just wondering mate...

Take care

DanPicken
Banned
25 Jan 2014, 4:50 pm
metro to park lane
26 to jarrow
27 to hebburn
88 to lukes lane
88A to hebburn
515 to heworth
94 to gateshead
21 eldon square
31 to metrocentre
10A to blaydon
49A to metrocentre
X66 to gateshead
metro to heworth
515 to hebburn
88A to scotch estate
DanPicken
25 Jan 2014, 4:50 pm #245

metro to park lane
26 to jarrow
27 to hebburn
88 to lukes lane
88A to hebburn
515 to heworth
94 to gateshead
21 eldon square
31 to metrocentre
10A to blaydon
49A to metrocentre
X66 to gateshead
metro to heworth
515 to hebburn
88A to scotch estate

Tom
26 Jan 2014, 2:38 pm
My Scotland trip will be postponed until April, but get two nights in the Premier Inn on Princes Street, heaven Big Grin
Tom
26 Jan 2014, 2:38 pm #246

My Scotland trip will be postponed until April, but get two nights in the Premier Inn on Princes Street, heaven Big Grin

26 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm
(26 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm)ADLEnviro Did one of them Freedom Of The North East rail rover tickets last week.

For £92 for four days travel out of eight after 8:45 it was well worth the money.

Visited York, Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, Doncaster, Harrogate, Bradford and Worksop. With a few smaller places for a few minutes between changing trains. Had a great few days out and increased my timetable collection by over 500 timetables.

Hadn't heard of them before, but cracking value if it's planned well. Details here if anyone wants it - http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fare...98bb8.aspx

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm #247

(26 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm)ADLEnviro Did one of them Freedom Of The North East rail rover tickets last week.

For £92 for four days travel out of eight after 8:45 it was well worth the money.

Visited York, Leeds, Sheffield, Hull, Doncaster, Harrogate, Bradford and Worksop. With a few smaller places for a few minutes between changing trains. Had a great few days out and increased my timetable collection by over 500 timetables.

Hadn't heard of them before, but cracking value if it's planned well. Details here if anyone wants it - http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fare...98bb8.aspx

Dan
Site Administrator
26 Jan 2014, 7:41 pm
(26 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm)aureolin Hadn't heard of them before, but cracking value if it's planned well. Details here if anyone wants it - http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fare...98bb8.aspx

Even better value if you totally disregard the time limits like I did in summer! Used it from half 6 in the morning each day - nee complaints Wink
Dan
26 Jan 2014, 7:41 pm #248

(26 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm)aureolin Hadn't heard of them before, but cracking value if it's planned well. Details here if anyone wants it - http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fare...98bb8.aspx

Even better value if you totally disregard the time limits like I did in summer! Used it from half 6 in the morning each day - nee complaints Wink

Dan
Site Administrator
29 Jan 2014, 6:01 am
(29 Jan 2014, 4:25 am)ADLEnviro I was quite shocked at the amount of conductors that had no idea where it was valid never mind the time restrictions. I was left with the impression that when you showed it you were looked upon as a railway enthusiast and classed as one of the family.

I said the same on the forum in summer - that I was shocked at how many of them just didn't have a clue. Can't say I was treated like one of the family though! Tongue
Dan
29 Jan 2014, 6:01 am #249

(29 Jan 2014, 4:25 am)ADLEnviro I was quite shocked at the amount of conductors that had no idea where it was valid never mind the time restrictions. I was left with the impression that when you showed it you were looked upon as a railway enthusiast and classed as one of the family.

I said the same on the forum in summer - that I was shocked at how many of them just didn't have a clue. Can't say I was treated like one of the family though! Tongue

Dan
Site Administrator
30 Jan 2014, 5:33 pm
Planning a big day trip out on Saturday - imagine it'll be one of my lovely 14-hour long days...
Might I see anyone? What are your plans if so? :p
Dan
30 Jan 2014, 5:33 pm #250

Planning a big day trip out on Saturday - imagine it'll be one of my lovely 14-hour long days...

Tom
30 Jan 2014, 5:38 pm
(30 Jan 2014, 5:33 pm)Dan Planning a big day trip out on Saturday - imagine it'll be one of my lovely 14-hour long days...

For me, a lovely day in doing French Homework and some brilliant Art Homework.

Where are you planning to do?
Tom
30 Jan 2014, 5:38 pm #251

(30 Jan 2014, 5:33 pm)Dan Planning a big day trip out on Saturday - imagine it'll be one of my lovely 14-hour long days...

For me, a lovely day in doing French Homework and some brilliant Art Homework.

Where are you planning to do?

30 Jan 2014, 5:40 pm
Uni assignment work for me... =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Jan 2014, 5:40 pm #252

Uni assignment work for me... =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

30 Jan 2014, 5:49 pm

No concrete plans as yet, all depends on the weather and the time I haul myself out of bed
Kuyoyo
30 Jan 2014, 5:49 pm #253

No concrete plans as yet, all depends on the weather and the time I haul myself out of bed

Dan
Site Administrator
30 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm
(30 Jan 2014, 5:38 pm)Tom Where are you planning to do?

I'm not entirely sure yet... Reckon Teesside will be involved though!
Dan
30 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm #254

(30 Jan 2014, 5:38 pm)Tom Where are you planning to do?

I'm not entirely sure yet... Reckon Teesside will be involved though!

30 Jan 2014, 6:02 pm
(30 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm)Dan I'm not entirely sure yet... Reckon Teesside will be involved though!

Teesside is probably your best bet with the Tyne and Wear derby being on. I was thinking about Darlington or perhaps another trip over to Consett/Stanley.

Adrian
30 Jan 2014, 6:02 pm #255

(30 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm)Dan I'm not entirely sure yet... Reckon Teesside will be involved though!

Teesside is probably your best bet with the Tyne and Wear derby being on. I was thinking about Darlington or perhaps another trip over to Consett/Stanley.

30 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm
Today I decided to have small Trip over to Gateshead/MetroCentre/Blaydon and Winlaton. In which I caught some rather "Odd Workings", Took some of Photos of 5347 in it's New X66 Branding, Had an Awful Ride on 5210 on the 49B, Got stalked by some creepy kid who also likes Buses at Winlaton, who followed back and fourth around the Terminus at Winlaton, and followed me down to the Depot and Around to where the Buses are Parked out back, and then Back up to the Terminus.

I then Confronted him, he got scared and went to the opposite side of the Terminus, before slowly creeping back Around near to where I was Standing next to the Layover for Driver Swaps, I then opted to go around to where the 32 Stops, and the Kid decided to Hide behind a Tree, and slowly as I Walked past, go Around the Back of said Tree, so that he on the opposite side of the Tree.

I continued my slow walk around to the where 32 Stops, and got on it to Blaydon, where I had a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Fries at McDonalds, And who walks into McDonalds just as I took into my Burger, The Creepy Stalker, who even notice I was there, until I on purposely Shoulder Barged as I was Walking out, Simply because he stood in my way. I then took a few Photos at Blaydon before deciding to go back Home.
Malarkey
30 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm #256

Today I decided to have small Trip over to Gateshead/MetroCentre/Blaydon and Winlaton. In which I caught some rather "Odd Workings", Took some of Photos of 5347 in it's New X66 Branding, Had an Awful Ride on 5210 on the 49B, Got stalked by some creepy kid who also likes Buses at Winlaton, who followed back and fourth around the Terminus at Winlaton, and followed me down to the Depot and Around to where the Buses are Parked out back, and then Back up to the Terminus.

I then Confronted him, he got scared and went to the opposite side of the Terminus, before slowly creeping back Around near to where I was Standing next to the Layover for Driver Swaps, I then opted to go around to where the 32 Stops, and the Kid decided to Hide behind a Tree, and slowly as I Walked past, go Around the Back of said Tree, so that he on the opposite side of the Tree.

I continued my slow walk around to the where 32 Stops, and got on it to Blaydon, where I had a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Fries at McDonalds, And who walks into McDonalds just as I took into my Burger, The Creepy Stalker, who even notice I was there, until I on purposely Shoulder Barged as I was Walking out, Simply because he stood in my way. I then took a few Photos at Blaydon before deciding to go back Home.

Dan
Site Administrator
30 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm
(30 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm)Adam Malarkey Today I decided to have small Trip over to Gateshead/MetroCentre/Blaydon and Winlaton. In which I caught some rather "Odd Workings", Took some of Photos of 5347 in it's New X66 Branding, Had an Awful Ride on 5210 on the 49B, Got stalked by some creepy kid who also likes Buses at Winlaton, who followed back and fourth around the Terminus at Winlaton, and followed me down to the Depot and Around to where the Buses are Parked out back, and then Back up to the Terminus.

My arm still hurts! Undecided

Joking, joking... I'm not some creepy stalker!
Dan
30 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm #257

(30 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm)Adam Malarkey Today I decided to have small Trip over to Gateshead/MetroCentre/Blaydon and Winlaton. In which I caught some rather "Odd Workings", Took some of Photos of 5347 in it's New X66 Branding, Had an Awful Ride on 5210 on the 49B, Got stalked by some creepy kid who also likes Buses at Winlaton, who followed back and fourth around the Terminus at Winlaton, and followed me down to the Depot and Around to where the Buses are Parked out back, and then Back up to the Terminus.

My arm still hurts! Undecided

Joking, joking... I'm not some creepy stalker!

30 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm

I tend to have this problem with Perrie from Little Mix. No matter how many times I tell her, she still insists on following me about. Wink

Adrian
30 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm #258

I tend to have this problem with Perrie from Little Mix. No matter how many times I tell her, she still insists on following me about. Wink

Dan
Site Administrator
30 Jan 2014, 6:56 pm
(30 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm)aureolin I tend to have this problem with Perrie from Little Mix. No matter how many times I tell her, she still insists on following me about. Wink

I hope you don't shoulder barge Perrie in McDonalds!! Huh
Dan
30 Jan 2014, 6:56 pm #259

(30 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm)aureolin I tend to have this problem with Perrie from Little Mix. No matter how many times I tell her, she still insists on following me about. Wink

I hope you don't shoulder barge Perrie in McDonalds!! Huh

30 Jan 2014, 6:59 pm
(30 Jan 2014, 6:56 pm)Dan I hope you don't shoulder barge Perrie in McDonalds!! Huh

God no. I know better than to mess with a Shields lass!

Adrian
30 Jan 2014, 6:59 pm #260

(30 Jan 2014, 6:56 pm)Dan I hope you don't shoulder barge Perrie in McDonalds!! Huh

God no. I know better than to mess with a Shields lass!

Pages (239): Previous 112 13 14239 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 301
Views 189305
16 Sep 2021, 5:11 am
Last Post by R852 PRG
Replies 1
Views 2211
31 Jan 2017, 11:00 pm
Last Post by Jamie M