Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150): Previous 1134 135 136150 Next
14 Sep 2015, 6:41 pm
In all fairness, once the bus had passed the mini-roundabout after the Shell garage at the top of Askew Road heading towards Metrocentre, it was pretty much plain sailing.

Heading towards Metrocentre, Askew Road is perhaps the quickest route to take in terms of time and distance. Towards Gateshead, it's probably more or less the same - perhaps slightly quicker using Centrelink. Off-peak, I'd normally not complain, but at peak-times Askew Road can become quite congested.

However, I do agree Centrelink should be used unless there's a diversion in place. As you have both pointed out, that's why it was built in the first place.
MurdnunoC
14 Sep 2015, 6:41 pm #2681

In all fairness, once the bus had passed the mini-roundabout after the Shell garage at the top of Askew Road heading towards Metrocentre, it was pretty much plain sailing.

Heading towards Metrocentre, Askew Road is perhaps the quickest route to take in terms of time and distance. Towards Gateshead, it's probably more or less the same - perhaps slightly quicker using Centrelink. Off-peak, I'd normally not complain, but at peak-times Askew Road can become quite congested.

However, I do agree Centrelink should be used unless there's a diversion in place. As you have both pointed out, that's why it was built in the first place.

14 Sep 2015, 6:53 pm
(14 Sep 2015, 6:41 pm)MurdnunoC In all fairness, once the bus had passed the mini-roundabout after the Shell garage at the top of Askew Road heading towards Metrocentre, it was pretty much plain sailing.

Is it possible to have buses going in both directions at once on Centrelink?
BusLoverMum
14 Sep 2015, 6:53 pm #2682

(14 Sep 2015, 6:41 pm)MurdnunoC In all fairness, once the bus had passed the mini-roundabout after the Shell garage at the top of Askew Road heading towards Metrocentre, it was pretty much plain sailing.

Is it possible to have buses going in both directions at once on Centrelink?

14 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm
(14 Sep 2015, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum Is it possible to have buses going in both directions at once on Centrelink?

The Centrelink is a 2 way road and i have been on services in the past which have served it in both directions. A majority of drivers do tend to take the Askew Road option when going towards the Metrocentre though.
S813 FVK
14 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm #2683

(14 Sep 2015, 6:53 pm)BusLoverMum Is it possible to have buses going in both directions at once on Centrelink?

The Centrelink is a 2 way road and i have been on services in the past which have served it in both directions. A majority of drivers do tend to take the Askew Road option when going towards the Metrocentre though.

Dan
Site Administrator
14 Sep 2015, 7:00 pm

It is.

Buses couldn't use the Centrelink towards the Metrocentre for quite some time, but it was re-opened earlier this year following work by the council and I believe all drivers were informed so that they could use the correct route. It is a minute or two faster to use Askew Road towards the Metrocentre owing to Gateshead Council's use of traffic lights whenever they possibly can, and I think this is why many drivers still opt to use this route...
Dan
14 Sep 2015, 7:00 pm #2684

It is.

Buses couldn't use the Centrelink towards the Metrocentre for quite some time, but it was re-opened earlier this year following work by the council and I believe all drivers were informed so that they could use the correct route. It is a minute or two faster to use Askew Road towards the Metrocentre owing to Gateshead Council's use of traffic lights whenever they possibly can, and I think this is why many drivers still opt to use this route...

14 Sep 2015, 7:03 pm

Mostly.

Between the Teams and Baja Car Park (as it used to known among 'boy racers') is two way but, as far as I'm aware, the bit between where it forks off up towards Ocre Yards (just before the High Level) is one way only.
MurdnunoC
14 Sep 2015, 7:03 pm #2685

Mostly.

Between the Teams and Baja Car Park (as it used to known among 'boy racers') is two way but, as far as I'm aware, the bit between where it forks off up towards Ocre Yards (just before the High Level) is one way only.

14 Sep 2015, 7:07 pm
(14 Sep 2015, 7:03 pm)MurdnunoC Mostly.

Correct. To get on the Centrelink heading towards the Metrocentre, buses need to go as if they were heading into Newcastle and just before the Tyne Bridge, the bus should take a left turn down towards the Quayside and follow around to a road which meets up with where the Centrelink splits.
S813 FVK
14 Sep 2015, 7:07 pm #2686

(14 Sep 2015, 7:03 pm)MurdnunoC Mostly.

Correct. To get on the Centrelink heading towards the Metrocentre, buses need to go as if they were heading into Newcastle and just before the Tyne Bridge, the bus should take a left turn down towards the Quayside and follow around to a road which meets up with where the Centrelink splits.

Dan
Site Administrator
14 Sep 2015, 7:17 pm
(14 Sep 2015, 7:00 pm)Dan It is.

The red lines show where traffic lights are placed.

.png
x66.png
Size: 183.14 KB / Downloads: 20

Turning left onto Askew Road, drivers can often clear the first two without having to stop. Turning right, you can often clear the first but get stuck at the remaining three. It's also more common to get stuck coming out of the Centrelink, too, whereas you can often clear the left turn onto Team Street.
Dan
14 Sep 2015, 7:17 pm #2687

(14 Sep 2015, 7:00 pm)Dan It is.

The red lines show where traffic lights are placed.

.png
x66.png
Size: 183.14 KB / Downloads: 20

Turning left onto Askew Road, drivers can often clear the first two without having to stop. Turning right, you can often clear the first but get stuck at the remaining three. It's also more common to get stuck coming out of the Centrelink, too, whereas you can often clear the left turn onto Team Street.

14 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm
I just get angry when he uses Askew Road
NK53 TKT
14 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm #2688

I just get angry when he uses Askew Road

14 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm
(14 Sep 2015, 7:17 pm)Dan The red lines show where traffic lights are placed.

Looking at that same map section on satellite mode, I honestly thought there was a box junction at the bottom of the first two sets of lights? That perhaps makes a bit of sense though, because most of the problems aren't caused by congestion in the left turn lane, but more poor discipline by other motorists. Countless times have I been on an X1 or 21 that's struggled to get into that lane, because some moron is hanging over it. Either that, or you've had a light jumper that's stranded in no man's land.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
14 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm #2689

(14 Sep 2015, 7:17 pm)Dan The red lines show where traffic lights are placed.

Looking at that same map section on satellite mode, I honestly thought there was a box junction at the bottom of the first two sets of lights? That perhaps makes a bit of sense though, because most of the problems aren't caused by congestion in the left turn lane, but more poor discipline by other motorists. Countless times have I been on an X1 or 21 that's struggled to get into that lane, because some moron is hanging over it. Either that, or you've had a light jumper that's stranded in no man's land.

14 Sep 2015, 9:50 pm
HELP!!! My phone has frozen, any ideas what I should do as it's been frozen for the last 45 minutes, it froze as I was replying to a comment here on NEB via the Tapatalk app. Advice please as I am currently waiting for the battery to run out of juice and hope it starts working again in the morning after it's ran out of juice and has been recharged.

Only had the bloody thing six months which means it's only six months since my last phone broke. Seriously why does stuff like this always happen to me Sad
Jimmi
14 Sep 2015, 9:50 pm #2690

HELP!!! My phone has frozen, any ideas what I should do as it's been frozen for the last 45 minutes, it froze as I was replying to a comment here on NEB via the Tapatalk app. Advice please as I am currently waiting for the battery to run out of juice and hope it starts working again in the morning after it's ran out of juice and has been recharged.

Only had the bloody thing six months which means it's only six months since my last phone broke. Seriously why does stuff like this always happen to me Sad

14 Sep 2015, 9:53 pm
Try and take the battery out and put it back in, that works for me.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Sep 2015, 9:53 pm #2691

Try and take the battery out and put it back in, that works for me.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Sep 2015, 9:57 pm
(14 Sep 2015, 9:50 pm)Jimmi HELP!!! My phone has frozen, any ideas what I should do as it's been frozen for the last 45 minutes, it froze as I was replying to a comment here on NEB via the Tapatalk app. Advice please as I am currently waiting for the battery to run out of juice and hope it starts working again in the morning after it's ran out of juice and has been recharged.

If you pop the SIM cover on the right, there's a little red 'pen press' button that'll reset it. Whatever you do, don't put too much pressure on it, and don't use something that will snap...

Adrian
14 Sep 2015, 9:57 pm #2692

(14 Sep 2015, 9:50 pm)Jimmi HELP!!! My phone has frozen, any ideas what I should do as it's been frozen for the last 45 minutes, it froze as I was replying to a comment here on NEB via the Tapatalk app. Advice please as I am currently waiting for the battery to run out of juice and hope it starts working again in the morning after it's ran out of juice and has been recharged.

If you pop the SIM cover on the right, there's a little red 'pen press' button that'll reset it. Whatever you do, don't put too much pressure on it, and don't use something that will snap...

14 Sep 2015, 9:58 pm

Think you've a Sony iirc, 

If so there should be a small red reset button under the sim flap?
mb134
14 Sep 2015, 9:58 pm #2693

Think you've a Sony iirc, 

14 Sep 2015, 9:58 pm
(14 Sep 2015, 9:53 pm)Michael Try and take the battery out and put it back in, that works for me.

I don't think I can remove the back cover to remove the battery so that's a pain.

Oh and it was on 52% battery when it froze, so it may take some time until it reaches 0%. To make it even more worrying for me it has frozen thinking I was trying to type the word "serious" which I really don't want to see when I've got this issue.
Jimmi
14 Sep 2015, 9:58 pm #2694

(14 Sep 2015, 9:53 pm)Michael Try and take the battery out and put it back in, that works for me.

I don't think I can remove the back cover to remove the battery so that's a pain.

Oh and it was on 52% battery when it froze, so it may take some time until it reaches 0%. To make it even more worrying for me it has frozen thinking I was trying to type the word "serious" which I really don't want to see when I've got this issue.

14 Sep 2015, 10:02 pm
(14 Sep 2015, 9:57 pm)aureolin If you pop the SIM cover on the right, there's a little red 'pen press' button that'll reset it. Whatever you do, don't put too much pressure on it, and don't use something that will snap...

(14 Sep 2015, 9:58 pm)mb134 Think you've a Sony iirc, 

Thanks for that advice, it's working again now - panic over!
Jimmi
14 Sep 2015, 10:02 pm #2695

(14 Sep 2015, 9:57 pm)aureolin If you pop the SIM cover on the right, there's a little red 'pen press' button that'll reset it. Whatever you do, don't put too much pressure on it, and don't use something that will snap...

(14 Sep 2015, 9:58 pm)mb134 Think you've a Sony iirc, 

Thanks for that advice, it's working again now - panic over!

Diamond One
Banned
15 Sep 2015, 12:47 am

Last year I had problems with my last iPhone I was contacting BBC Newcastle in regards to Sunderland AFC 4-0 defeat against Aston Villa at home which was Gus Poyet last game for Sunderland before appointing Dick Avoocaat as manager til the end of the season problem with my phone was the blue screen of death while updating my phone it failed so I ended up going to Washington to get it repaired but no luck so went up to Newcastle right after work lucky I came in early just to make the hour up (St Patrick's day) went to Apple Store in Newcastle to get a perfect replacement
Diamond One
15 Sep 2015, 12:47 am #2696

Last year I had problems with my last iPhone I was contacting BBC Newcastle in regards to Sunderland AFC 4-0 defeat against Aston Villa at home which was Gus Poyet last game for Sunderland before appointing Dick Avoocaat as manager til the end of the season problem with my phone was the blue screen of death while updating my phone it failed so I ended up going to Washington to get it repaired but no luck so went up to Newcastle right after work lucky I came in early just to make the hour up (St Patrick's day) went to Apple Store in Newcastle to get a perfect replacement

Diamond One
Banned
15 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm
Really annoyed inbox me why I'll tell you all I can say is I feel pissed off about it
Diamond One
15 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm #2697

Really annoyed inbox me why I'll tell you all I can say is I feel pissed off about it

15 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm)Diamond One Really annoyed inbox me why I'll tell you

No, but I can probably guess. Get over it man!
MurdnunoC
15 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm #2698

(15 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm)Diamond One Really annoyed inbox me why I'll tell you

No, but I can probably guess. Get over it man!

15 Sep 2015, 1:18 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm)MurdnunoC No, but I can probably guess. Get over it man!

I agree with this. First come, first serve. Plus I never knew there was a place called 'Alpha Re'...  Wink
omnicity4659
15 Sep 2015, 1:18 pm #2699

(15 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm)MurdnunoC No, but I can probably guess. Get over it man!

I agree with this. First come, first serve. Plus I never knew there was a place called 'Alpha Re'...  Wink

Diamond One
Banned
15 Sep 2015, 1:25 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 1:18 pm)GX03 SVC I agree with this. First come, first serve. Plus I never knew there was a place called 'Alpha Re'...  Wink

Always does it to annoy me
Diamond One
15 Sep 2015, 1:25 pm #2700

(15 Sep 2015, 1:18 pm)GX03 SVC I agree with this. First come, first serve. Plus I never knew there was a place called 'Alpha Re'...  Wink

Always does it to annoy me

Pages (150): Previous 1134 135 136150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 3815
Views 1749559
14 May 2024, 1:23 pm
Last Post by Rob44
Replies 2686
Views 1591038
12 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm
Last Post by Adrian