Menu

Pages (16)    113 14 15 16   
Train8261   26 Mar 2022, 9:33 pm
(26 Mar 2022, 9:11 pm)Dan wrote They have 5479 and 5480.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aren't they meant to be spares for the 1
Dan   27 Mar 2022, 5:33 am
(26 Mar 2022, 9:33 pm)Train8261 wrote Aren't they meant to be spares for the 1

They’re both. The 1 doesn’t need two spares.

6100 will eventually transfer back to Percy Main at some point in the future, meaning they will have four Euro 6 CAZ spares (5479/80, 6100/01).

The double-decks can of course also be used on the 1 as spares, if 5479/80 are needed to cover on the 19/41.

Train8261   27 Mar 2022, 6:19 am
(27 Mar 2022, 5:33 am)Dan wrote They’re both. The 1 doesn’t need two spares.

6100 will eventually transfer back to Percy Main
at some point in the future, meaning they will have four Euro 6 CAZ spares (5479/80, 6100/01).

The double-decks can of course also be used on the 1 as spares, if 5479/80 are needed to cover on the 19/41.

Finally. Didn't think it would return
tynesider   27 Mar 2022, 7:27 am
A cracking start to the taxi company's 342 contract - The first bus from Kingston Park is tracking on BusTimes as 42A.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Train8261   27 Mar 2022, 10:07 am
(27 Mar 2022, 7:27 am)tynesider wrote A cracking start to the taxi company's 342 contract - The first bus from Kingston Park is tracking on BusTimes as 42A.
Gct aren't even tracking the 342
Michael   27 Mar 2022, 10:26 am
Can someone make a list, of which buses have transferred in and out of depots and withdrawn, due to the changes?

As it seems like the GNE fleet list won't be updated anytime soon.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Train8261   27 Mar 2022, 10:51 pm
(27 Mar 2022, 10:26 am)Michael wrote Can someone make a list, of which buses have transferred in and out of depots and withdrawn, due to the changes?

As it seems like the GNE fleet list won't be updated anytime soon.
All QuayCity Q3 Optare Versa from Riverside to Percy Main 

8341/8342/8343/8344/8345/8346 from Deptford to Percy Main
Michael   28 Mar 2022, 5:37 am
(27 Mar 2022, 10:51 pm)Train8261 wrote All QuayCity Q3 Optare Versa from Riverside to Percy Main 

8341/8342/8343/8344/8345/8346 from Deptford to Percy Main
Thank you

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
V514DFT   28 Mar 2022, 5:23 pm
I think Nexus did well saving the majority of Howdon,only 4 stops (in total) on Tynemouth Road lost a bus ,although i do genuinely feel bad for those residents

Kind Regards
Tez
omnicity4659   28 Mar 2022, 8:02 pm
The 19s that are meant to meet the Ferry departures at 0800, 1000, 1330, 1430, 1530, 1600, 1630 and 1730 missed them today... couldn't confirm if 0830 or 1100 ferries had a 19 connecting into it.

Bit annoying that the 317 turns up on time but can't use Ferry/Metro tickets on there... missing GCT on the 333 already!
DaveFromUpNorth   29 Mar 2022, 9:21 am
If it is a nexus secured service and the service is not operating- this must be reporter to Nexus and handy to cc a local cllr in to make them aware of unreliability issues

I can't help think why GCT don't track all of their buses?

Maybe being cynical but if no-one complains to Nexus they persume the service runs.

Yeah driver shortages or breakdown etc are not uncommon in the industry

But a Nexus secured service must be ran . If they can't run it - they should ask another bus company to run it on there behalf as a temporary measure even if it is an odd shift or two - surely bus companies would be happy to work together for the benefit of passengers.

GCT also have an added benefit of running a taxi perhaps as an emergency temporary fix - like station taxis operate "TaxiBus " service

Secured services should be there to benefit passengers.

I spoke to Nexus a few months ago about an incident and I was told to check the website and social media of GCT to see short term cancellations

Non operational services damage the bus industry and services and make them deemed by the public as unreliable

If it is a nexus secured service and the service is not operating- this must be reporter to Nexus and handy to cc a local cllr in to make them aware of unreliability issues

Maybe being cynical but if no-one complains to Nexus they persume the service runs.

But a Nexus secured service must be ran . If they can't run it - they should ask another bus company to run it on there behalf as a temporary measure even if it is an odd shift or two - surely bus companies would be happy to work together for the benefit of passengers.

GCT also have an added benefit of running a taxi perhaps as an emergency temporary fix - like station taxis operate "TaxiBus " service

I spoke to Nexus a few months ago about an incident and I was told to check the website and social media of GCT to see short term cancellations

Non operational services damage the bus industry and services and make them deemed by the public as unreliable
V514DFT   29 Mar 2022, 5:08 pm
(28 Mar 2022, 8:02 pm)omnicity4659 wrote The 19s that are meant to meet the Ferry departures at 0800, 1000, 1330, 1430, 1530, 1600, 1630 and 1730 missed them today... couldn't confirm if 0830 or 1100 ferries had a 19 connecting into it.

Bit annoying that the 317 turns up on time but can't use Ferry/Metro tickets on there... missing GCT on the 333 already!
The 19 wreaks of a service theyre trying to kill off now it goes direct along Howdon Road

Kind Regards
Tez
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ds1197   29 Mar 2022, 8:13 pm
Seen a few people argue with a 317 driver he adventurely let them on, I used the 19 to cramington the driver missed a turn just after the fish quay and I think the mini streetlite might be to big for the route it now follows along the quayside unless that road gets double lines
Train8261   29 Mar 2022, 9:30 pm
(29 Mar 2022, 8:13 pm)Ds1197 wrote Seen a few people argue with a 317 driver he adventurely let them on,  I used the 19 to cramington the driver missed a turn just after the fish quay and I think the mini streetlite might be to big for the route it now follows along the quayside unless that road gets double lines
If its the turn around point at the fish quay then it might be bad parked cars
OrangeArrow49   30 Mar 2022, 12:51 am
Does the 19 have NSAs now it's allocated StreetLites?
Train8261   30 Mar 2022, 6:06 am
(30 Mar 2022, 12:51 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote Does the 19 have NSAs now it's allocated StreetLites?
Unfortunately not. Nor does the 41/41A as far as I'm aware 

19 NSA board just scroll saying. This is the .
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   30 Mar 2022, 1:36 pm
(28 Mar 2022, 8:02 pm)omnicity4659 wrote The 19s that are meant to meet the Ferry departures at 0800, 1000, 1330, 1430, 1530, 1600, 1630 and 1730 missed them today... couldn't confirm if 0830 or 1100 ferries had a 19 connecting into it.

It's daft that Ferry/Metro tickets aren't accepted on the 317. Have Nexus offered any explanation for this? I can't see what difference it makes to them, when I presume they're fully funding the 317 anyway?

(29 Mar 2022, 9:21 am)DaveFromUpNorth wrote If it is a nexus secured service and the service is not operating- this must be reporter to Nexus and handy to cc a local cllr in to make them aware of unreliability issues

GCT also have an added benefit of running a taxi perhaps as an emergency  temporary fix  - like station taxis operate "TaxiBus " service

Whilst I agree that issues with secured services should be reported directly to Nexus, as they own the relationship with the contractor, I'm not sure what you'd hope to achieve by copying local councillors in. Most councillors don't have a clue about the state of public transport, as they don't use it themselves. They're likely not going to do more than forward the email on to someone at Nexus or the Council's transport team.

GCT do provide live tracking for their buses, as required by the legislation on bus open data, and it's available through bustimes.org and other tools. Operators are also contractually obliged to report lost mileage to Nexus. Not doing so would be fraudulent and make them liable to prosecution. Valid records also need to be kept for BSOG claims.

When you talk about working together and providing replacements, I'm not sure why a secured service should be singled out here? It's a huge problem right across the network, which is largely commercial. I don't think any operators have plans or processes in place for when the last bus service is cancelled, or even a run on an infrequent service is cancelled. The 17.34 #74 from Newcastle to Hexham was cancelled a couple of Saturdays ago, and the next full service wasn't until 23.20, yet nothing was put in place.

Transpennine Express are rightly getting a kicking for cancellations, but at least when there are cancellations, there's staff available at larger stations and customer services available until late. They're also obliged to ensure you make it home, if the last service of the day is cancelled. Whereas it's tough luck if you're travelling by bus, and good luck trying to contact anyone.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Thomas12   30 Mar 2022, 5:38 pm
I've noticed Nexus or Stagecoach (whoever sets the fares) have hiked the price of an equivalent journey that was £1.80 on the 11 to £2.90 on the 317. Bit of a steep increase, and probably some unimpressed passengers.
Unber43   30 Mar 2022, 5:40 pm
(30 Mar 2022, 5:38 pm)Thomas12 wrote I've noticed Nexus or Stagecoach (whoever sets the fares) have hiked the price of an equivalent journey that was £1.80 on the 11 to £2.90 on the 317.  Bit of a steep increase, and probably some unimpressed passengers.
£1.10 increase!? That is a joke. 

This is why people prefer GNE. Also I'd imagine its SC, as GNE set their fares on their contracted services
Storx   30 Mar 2022, 7:32 pm
(30 Mar 2022, 5:40 pm)Unber43 wrote £1.10 increase!? That is a joke. 

This is why people prefer GNE. Also I'd imagine its SC, as GNE set their fares on their contracted services

I'm not sure the people in North Tyneside who rely on GNE's local services would agree with that mind after the constant chopping and the eventual cutting of them altogether.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   30 Mar 2022, 8:17 pm
(30 Mar 2022, 7:32 pm)Storx wrote I'm not sure the people in North Tyneside who rely on GNE's local services would agree with that mind after the constant chopping and the eventual cutting of them altogether.
I think what GNE did in North Tyneside really put people off GNE. And my opinion on GNE severely soured after it, they clearly didn't care at all about the network. However I think when it comes to fares GNE really can't be beat especially after the fares update and that is what I saw so many people complaining and a £1.10 increase, especially with gas and electric increase is just going to get people to get a car which surely isn't the point of a secured service to try and get people on, but the people who are left are being put off by an extra £1.10, surely that hast to be disgraceful. Especially just for a single. 

I don't even know if any GNE journey (bar X10) is any singles are more than £3. Granted I don't often get them
Thomas12   30 Mar 2022, 8:35 pm
(30 Mar 2022, 5:40 pm)Unber43 wrote £1.10 increase!? That is a joke. 

(30 Mar 2022, 7:32 pm)Storx wrote I'm not sure the people in North Tyneside who rely on GNE's local services would agree with that mind after the constant chopping and the eventual cutting of them altogether.

I agree but you'd think Nexus would have some control over fares - they set a £2.10 max fare on GCT's secured services, not sure why they can't for others. 

On another note, seems like the reduction in PVR has helped GCT out massively, never noticed any cancelled journeys this week (to be fair there weren't that many before). All of their routes seem to be tracking now - for some reason before the changes the 41A never tracked.
Storx   30 Mar 2022, 9:21 pm
(30 Mar 2022, 8:35 pm)Thomas12 wrote I agree but you'd think Nexus would have some control over fares - they set a £2.10 max fare on GCT's secured services, not sure why they can't for others. 

On another note, seems like the reduction in PVR has helped GCT out massively, never noticed any cancelled journeys this week (to be fair there weren't that many before). All of their routes seem to be tracking now - for some reason before the changes the 41A never tracked.

It is a strange one like, guessing it must be part of the bid which Stagecoach done. I suppose people on the Western side of the route get a better a deal as they can use Stagecoach weekly tickets on it and they also get a service to Whitley Bay and North Shields.

Not so good for GNE's 1 mind as it's a bit redundant for people in Howdon now with the 22/317. They played their cards well Stagecoach.

What was the fare btw curious, £2.90 doesn't seem too bad if it's a longer journey, £1.80 is a tad cheap.
Thomas12   30 Mar 2022, 9:26 pm
(30 Mar 2022, 9:21 pm)Storx wrote It is a strange one like, guessing it must be part of the bid which Stagecoach done. I suppose people on the Western side of the route get a better a deal as they can use Stagecoach weekly tickets on it and they also get a service to Whitley Bay and North Shields.

Not so good for GNE's 1 mind as it's a bit redundant for people in Howdon now with the 22/317. They played their cards well Stagecoach.

What was the fare btw curious, £2.90 doesn't seem too bad if it's a longer journey, £1.80 is a tad cheap.

That's true, the day ticket is good value to get to Newcastle/Metrocentre etc. The only benefit with the 1 now is the cheaper fares for direct journeys.

And it was from Howdon to North Shields, so not too far in my opinion.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Storx   30 Mar 2022, 9:34 pm
(30 Mar 2022, 9:26 pm)Thomas12 wrote That's true, the day ticket is good value to get to Newcastle/Metrocentre etc. The only benefit with the 1 now is the cheaper fares for direct journeys.

And it was from Howdon to North Shields, so not too far in my opinion.

Yeah that does seem quite expensive tbf but it's not really a surprise. £1.80 seems cheap mind on the other hand, guessing that was the discounted fare under the North Tyne tickets rather than the single fare though to complicate things.

The Metro is £3.20 for the same distance (as of Friday).
Thomas12   30 Mar 2022, 9:41 pm
(30 Mar 2022, 9:34 pm)Storx wrote Yeah that does seem quite expensive tbf but it's not really a surprise. £1.80 seems cheap mind on the other hand, guessing that was the discounted fare under the North Tyne tickets rather than the single fare though to complicate things.

The Metro is £3.20 for the same distance (as of Friday).

Yeah, but they're now permanent fares. And beforehand, it was classed as the 'North Shields' zone bizarrely, so before the discounted fares it was £1.80 or whatever all the way to Tynemouth on the 1 from the same stop (slightly more to Whitley Bay, maybe £2.30?) 

For just over 2 miles it's a bit of a joke really - I didn't realise the metro was so much now either! I'll just get the 1 from now on and avoid the 317.

Anyway I'll try not to go too off topic as I know there is a separate thread for pricing haha
omnicity4659   30 Mar 2022, 9:44 pm
8 out of 26 19s failed to connect with the ferry today, and 10 yesterday.
Thomas12   30 Mar 2022, 9:48 pm
(30 Mar 2022, 9:44 pm)omnicity4659 wrote 8 out of 26 19s failed to connect with the ferry today, and 10 yesterday.

Just had a look at the timetable, that looks very tight!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   30 Mar 2022, 9:59 pm
Cramlington-Seaton Delaval Avenue Head in 11 minutes is often impossible in the car, never mind a bus stopping to pick people up...

Seeing buses arriving to start their day in Ashington at 0700 instead of 0625. What the hell is going wrong?
Thomas12   31 Mar 2022, 6:54 am
(30 Mar 2022, 9:59 pm)omnicity4659 wrote Cramlington-Seaton Delaval Avenue Head in 11 minutes is often impossible in the car, never mind a bus stopping to pick people up...

Seeing buses arriving to start their day in Ashington at 0700 instead of 0625. What the hell is going wrong?

5480 broke down on the way
Pages (16)    113 14 15 16