Menu

Pages (17)    114 15 16 17   
Andreos1   25 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm
5202 has issues with its rear blind. Parked up at Metrocentre earlier and whatever its rear screen said, it was squashed up into a tiny square.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   25 Nov 2014, 9:24 pm
(25 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm)Andreos1 wrote 5202 has issues with its rear blind. Parked up at Metrocentre earlier and whatever its rear screen said, it was squashed up into a tiny square.
It's been like this since Riverside got it off Deptford.

I'm not one to know the ins and outs of destination displays, but I'm guessing that Riverside set it up incorrectly as it was fine when at Deptford!
Andreos1   26 Nov 2014, 10:43 am
At the risk of being accused of being negative, not showing balance and discouraging insiders of posting, the X9 and X10 were running in tandem earlier - heading south, turning off for Peterlee at approximately 9.30.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
G-CPTN   26 Nov 2014, 10:58 am
(25 Nov 2014, 9:24 pm)Dan wrote I'm not one to know the ins and outs of destination displays, but I'm guessing that Riverside set it up incorrectly

The TEN B9TLs are fitted with the small square rear destination board screen which is only suitable for the number.

Some of these TENs have the rear destination board set to scroll the destination alongside the 10 in half of the small screen.

This is pointless with the small display as the words are totally unreadable in such a small slit.

I would prefer a broader destination board with the destination showing - it's frustrating not knowing whether to run for the bus (vehicles in both directions run through the one-way system and at similar times).
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   26 Nov 2014, 12:48 pm
Go North East
13 mins ·
Service #8 is experiencing considerable delays as the A1231 is down to one lane. #78 journeys from Sunderland will also be affected due to the interworking of the services.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
idiot   26 Nov 2014, 2:11 pm
Currently in 8268 and first time I've seen the lights saying stay seated and a light safely. Waiting for someone to press the bell haha
idiot   26 Nov 2014, 2:17 pm
Oh well only bus stopping works!
gtom   26 Nov 2014, 2:23 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 10:43 am)Andreos1 wrote At the risk of being accused of being negative, not showing balance and discouraging insiders of posting,

I can't find Dan's post about that topic but I'm not sure what happened, whether it was dummy being spat out, abuse or breaching their own company guidelines but anyway...

Flyertalk with British Airways, Emirates and American is a great example of how companies having official reps can work and engage well with their customers (and spotters on there too!)

GNE could use communities like this to their advantage and build relations instead of the stand off attitude. You wouldn't be asking anything or expecting anything sensitive to be divulged but I don't see what harm the odd 'yes we're looking at upgrading route xx'

Buuuuuut, the majority, vast majority of customers don't care about paint jobs, driver hours, regulated running, Euro 54 whatever, PVR etc etc etc. They care for a clean, comfortable, reliable thing on 4 wheels (or more wheels, as long as its wheels) moving in the direction they wish to go at a price they find reasonable.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
G-CPTN   26 Nov 2014, 2:47 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 2:23 pm)gtom wrote GNE could use communities like this to their advantage and build relations instead of the stand off attitude. You wouldn't be asking anything or expecting anything sensitive to be divulged but I don't see what harm the odd 'yes we're looking at upgrading route xx'

Buuuuuut, the majority, vast majority of customers don't care about paint jobs, driver hours, regulated running, Euro 54 whatever, PVR etc etc etc.  They care for a clean, comfortable, reliable thing on 4 wheels (or more wheels, as long as its wheels) moving in the direction they wish to go at a price they find reasonable.
Does this forum represent customers/passengers in general, or only an interested group of 'enthusiasts'?

I can see certain ideas that are being proposed on here as being useful, but there are also a lot of suggestions that wouldn't necessarily benefit the bus companies. 
I do know that certain senior managers are aware of this forum.
Don't expect them to take what is proposed or reported on here as 'gospel' - all forums have a band of members who seek to change the World or dispute the facts - as I've suggested, members here are enthusiasts - some might say 'spotters'.
I have heard drivers express their dislike of 'spotters' hanging around bus stations taking photographs (and, I believe, some are 'not welcome' at or near depots). It is, therefore, easy to dismiss this forum as representing those 'disliked' spotters (and senior managers consider themselves as having greater experience and knowledge of running buses than Joe Public).
I would not expect a busy manager to spend all day monitoring all the threads on a site such as this.
I would expect them to treat this forum with caution and not want to become sources of information that could be commercially or politically sensitive - we have seen how some celebrities have regretted their openness on social media.
Dan   26 Nov 2014, 4:45 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 10:43 am)Andreos1 wrote At the risk of being accused of being negative, not showing balance and discouraging insiders of posting, the X9 and X10 were running in tandem earlier - heading south, turning off for Peterlee at approximately 9.30.

There would have been nothing wrong with this post at all, Andreos.

The issue is likely to be due to delays on the A19. This is why a large number of Volvo B9s as of late have been replaced by other vehicles, including Volvo B10s and Scania L94s.

This post could have perhaps been deemed inappropriate if you had suggested that timekeeping issues were down to planned tight timings made by Go North East. Perhaps if this was the first time it had been suggested and it hadn't been disputed or suggested otherwise prior (by an 'official' representative or someone else who is seen to have provided accurate responses in the past), it wouldn't be so bad, but if it was an ongoing thing, could you understand why an 'official' representative (whose job it could be to design timetables) would be a little peeved by this and maybe decide to stop viewing the forum as they're sick and tired of either trying to provide the counter-argument or just seeing these comments in general with little to no positive feedback?
Adrian   26 Nov 2014, 6:12 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 2:23 pm)gtom wrote I can't find Dan's post about that topic but I'm not sure what happened, whether it was dummy being spat out, abuse or breaching their own company guidelines but anyway...

Discussion around this was moved here - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1181

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
S813 FVK   26 Nov 2014, 6:38 pm
I wouldn't trust this post yet until a VOSA registration is made or something else is done to make it clear but apparently Go North East are supposed to be taking over services 706/7/8 from Stanley Travel sometime next month. I'd say GNE would start in January as the cancellation for Stanley Travel doesn't come into effect until December 31st.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   26 Nov 2014, 6:45 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 6:38 pm)Robert wrote I wouldn't trust this post yet until a VOSA registration is made or something else is done to make it clear but apparently Go North East are supposed to be taking over services 706/7/8 from Stanley Travel sometime next month. I'd say GNE would start in January as the cancellation for Stanley Travel doesn't come into effect until December 31st.

If that was to happen, maybe 635/636 could be transferred from Deptford to Stanley for use on the 706/707/708?
Michael   26 Nov 2014, 6:55 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 6:45 pm)Tom wrote If that was to happen, maybe 635/636 could be transferred from Deptford to Stanley for use on the 706/707/708?

Not sure what the required Euro engine is for the 706/707/708 but i have a feeling if the 38 does change in Sunderland then bigger buses may need to be used on the service, this ques like you said for 635/636 to move out of Deptford. 

The 38C can use a Versa, which i have a feeling that's what the 38 will be using during the day, if changes go ahead 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
S813 FVK   26 Nov 2014, 7:04 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 6:55 pm)Michael wrote Not sure what the required Euro engine is for the 706/707/708 but i have a feeling if the 38 does change in Sunderland then bigger buses may need to be used on the service, this ques like you said for 635/636 to move out of Deptford. 

The 38C can use a Versa, which i have a feeling that's what the 38 will be using during the day, if changes go ahead 

I think the services are commercial rather than contracted. Service 708 is a scholars service for Tanfield Comprehensive and the only reason that operates is because the company were approaced by DCC and asked if they would put on a school bus for the school so that is what they did. I'd say 635/636 would be perfect (or any SR for that matter). On the other hand, an MPD wouldnt exactly be bad to use either. Im sure the services would be wrapped under the Venture brand aswell without a doubt.
Michael   26 Nov 2014, 7:08 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 7:04 pm)Robert wrote I think the services are commercial rather than contracted. Service 708 is a scholars service for Tanfield Comprehensive and the only reason that operates is because the company were approaced by DCC and asked if they would put on a school bus for the school so that is what they did. I'd say 635/636 would be perfect (or any SR for that matter). On the other hand, an MPD wouldnt exactly be bad to use either. Im sure the services would be wrapped under the Venture brand aswell without a doubt.

Ah right, thanks for the info, i though Durham Council funded them. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gneasy91   26 Nov 2014, 8:44 pm
When do we find out when the changes have been made
Dan   26 Nov 2014, 9:12 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 8:44 pm)gneasy91 wrote When do we find out when the changes have been made

The VOSA registrations will be submitted late this week (probably Friday) if there has been no issue with the proposed changes.

If the feedback has been negative from customers, or local councillors have kicked up a fuss, then they won't be confirmed for a little while longer yet...
gneasy91   26 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm
Can gne not just leave bus routes alone lol lost count how many times they have changed it over and over again
Dan   26 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm)gneasy91 wrote Can gne not just leave bus routes alone lol lost count how many times they have changed it over and over again

As someone who lives on the route of current service 29 and 35, I'm quite pleased with the proposed changes!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gneasy91   26 Nov 2014, 11:50 pm
I like the 35 should of extended it to heworth threw hebburn and that
Michael   27 Nov 2014, 10:21 am
Go North East
6 mins ·
Due to an incident on the Felling Bypass near Whitemare Pool Roundabout, diversions are in place on the following services:
Service 57 - diverted from the Wardley Slip Road onto Sunderland Road and will turn at Wardley Terminus and will pick up from the first bus stop on Sunderland Road (Wardley).
Services X9 & X10 Southbound - diverted onto Wardley Bridge along Lingey Lane and Follingsby Park, then normal route from Whitemare Pool Roundabout.
Services X9 & X10 Northbound - diverted via Slip Road at Whitemare Pool, Follingsby Park Roundabout, Heworth Golf Course and then back onto normal route at Wardley Bridge.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   27 Nov 2014, 10:25 am
(26 Nov 2014, 11:50 pm)gneasy91 wrote I like the 35 should of extended it to heworth threw hebburn and that

Na, you're going in to a 638 route.

Boldon Asda to Low Moorsley is quite long already. (29 and 35 route combined) 

However, GNE with NEXUS's help will continue to run to Heworth on a Evening/Sunday:

Evening and Sunday services will operate as service 35A, starting at Heworth and running via Castletown, replacing the present service 29A. 35A will then serve the hospital and Silksworth, with one bus an hour running to Low Moorsley and the other to Houghton-le-Spring, with through fares and guaranteed connections to new short X35 services for South Hetton.

The X36 will still serve Heworth hourly.

Once again, this is if changes go ahead 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Scott   27 Nov 2014, 11:38 am
(27 Nov 2014, 10:25 am)Michael wrote Na, you're going in to a 638 route.

Boldon Asda to Low Moorsley is quite long already. (29 and 35 route combined) 

However, GNE with NEXUS's help will continue to run to Heworth on a Evening/Sunday:

Evening and Sunday services will operate as service 35A, starting at Heworth and running via Castletown, replacing the present service 29A. 35A will then serve the hospital and Silksworth, with one bus an hour running to Low Moorsley and the other to Houghton-le-Spring, with through fares and guaranteed connections to new short X35 services for South Hetton.

The X36 will still serve Heworth hourly.

Once again, this is if changes go ahead 

Doubt they would wan't to rely on Nexus, given the disputes over quality contracts.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   27 Nov 2014, 11:45 am
(26 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm)gneasy91 wrote Can gne not just leave bus routes alone lol lost count how many times they have changed it over and over again

(27 Nov 2014, 11:38 am)Scott wrote Doubt they would wan't to rely on Nexus, given the disputes over quality contracts.

Thought it would of just continued, same as now

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
tyresmoke   27 Nov 2014, 11:50 am
(27 Nov 2014, 11:45 am)Michael wrote Thought it would of just continued, same as now

Yeah it'll just be the renumbering of the existing contract to match daytime provision I would think

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Michael   27 Nov 2014, 12:02 pm
(27 Nov 2014, 11:50 am)tyresmoke wrote Yeah it'll just be the renumbering of the existing contract to match daytime provision I would think

Ye, they said it will be the 35A

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   27 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm
3, 56's arrived in park lane, 1 just left

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   27 Nov 2014, 1:39 pm
"Angel" branded Volvo B7TL/Wright Eclipse Geminis 3962/65 are now equipped with Wi-Fi.
S813 FVK   27 Nov 2014, 3:55 pm
3876 has re-entered service today. Was on a scholars service.
Pages (17)    114 15 16 17