Menu

Pages (31)    118 19 2031   
BusLoverMum   22 Jan 2017, 6:37 pm
(22 Jan 2017, 9:44 am)ENEB wrote Oh yeah I see some of them and it makes Scarlet band look bad having buses that dirty in service.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The one Hodgsons had out was spotless in comparison. I know yesterday was a particularly filthy day, but given that the solo on the 84a was black by noon, they must have set out mucky, in the first place.
ENEB   22 Jan 2017, 7:22 pm
(22 Jan 2017, 6:37 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The one Hodgsons had out was spotless in comparison. I know yesterday was a particularly filthy day, but given that the solo on the 84a was black by noon, they must have set out mucky, in the first place.
They must want to wait till Saturday evening when it goes back to the depot at West conforth to wash it.

South Tyne Lad   22 Jan 2017, 7:25 pm
(22 Jan 2017, 7:22 pm)ENEB wrote They must want to wait till Saturday evening when it goes back to the depot at West conforth to wash it.

No point washing buses that run sometimes quite rural routes during these harsh months, As they'll be covered in Grit/Salt/Snow etc in a few hours!

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
BusLoverMum   22 Jan 2017, 10:09 pm
(22 Jan 2017, 7:25 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote No point washing buses that run sometimes quite rural routes during these harsh months, As they'll be covered in Grit/Salt/Snow etc in a few hours!

They need to make sure the numberplate is visible, though!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ENEB   23 Jan 2017, 12:46 pm
Yj05jwn is on the 16 today.

BUSFAN   23 Jan 2017, 4:55 pm
(22 Jan 2017, 7:25 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote No point washing buses that run sometimes quite rural routes during these harsh months, As they'll be covered in Grit/Salt/Snow etc in a few hours!

Weardale run the some the most rural routes in the North East but all their vehicles are always spotless when they start a days work but lets face it they are a different class of operator compared to Scarlet Band who went from running high spec Coaches and good Service Vehicles to running average older vehicles.
Jimmi   23 Jan 2017, 9:06 pm
As mentioned the other day, Scarlet Band currently have Optare Solo MX08 DHK on loan, it was on PR1 today.
[Image: 32335974542_defa72d30c.jpg]Scarlet Band: MX08DHK by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr
Cock Robin   24 Jan 2017, 10:20 am
(23 Jan 2017, 4:55 pm)BUSFAN wrote Weardale run the some the most rural routes in the North East but all their vehicles are always spotless when they start a days work but lets face it they are a different class of operator compared to Scarlet Band who went from running high spec Coaches and good Service Vehicles to running average older vehicles.

You work for Weardale by any chance?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ENEB   24 Jan 2017, 11:27 am
Yj05jwn on the 16 again today does anyone body know if yj55ygl is on another route?.

jaimz13   24 Jan 2017, 11:35 am
(24 Jan 2017, 10:20 am)Cock Robin wrote You work for Weardale by any chance?

He's right everytime I see or ride a weardale bus they always cleaner then scarlet band look at M6WMS in plain white yet it still clean everyday scarlet band might have a older fleet but still no reason why they can't clean them

Jmoss
Cock Robin   24 Jan 2017, 12:28 pm
(24 Jan 2017, 11:35 am)jaimz13 wrote He's right everytime I see or ride a weardale bus they always cleaner then scarlet band look at M6WMS in plain white yet it still clean everyday scarlet band might have a older fleet but still no reason why they can't clean them

Durham Park and Rides aren't old!
Jimmi   24 Jan 2017, 12:45 pm
(24 Jan 2017, 11:27 am)ENEB wrote Yj05jwn on the 16 again today does anyone body know if yj55ygl is on another route?.

YJ55YGL was apparently on the 110/111/112 circuit on Friday.

Wonder if there may be a issue with a increased likelihood of it breaking down? If so, I would imagine they may be wanting to keep it fairly local, so it's less distance to travel for if something does go wrong.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
jaimz13   24 Jan 2017, 1:32 pm
(24 Jan 2017, 12:28 pm)Cock Robin wrote Durham Park and Rides aren't old!

Well no but the rest of the solos are my point is if weardale can stay clean and work everyday why can't scarlet band

Jmoss
GuyParkRoyal   24 Jan 2017, 5:50 pm
(24 Jan 2017, 1:32 pm)jaimz13 wrote Well no but the rest of the solos are my point is if weardale can stay clean and work everyday why can't scarlet band

It might be down to the type of wash system in use.
Small operators using a jet wash with limited drainage are often prevented from using the wash when overnight temperatures are sub zero.
I don't know what system is in use at Scarlet Band but something to think about before comparing two different operators.
BUSFAN   24 Jan 2017, 5:58 pm
(24 Jan 2017, 10:20 am)Cock Robin wrote You work for Weardale by any chance?

No i do not work for Weardale and another operator that always has well turned out Vehicles is Gillinghams and they dont have some sort of fancy wash system its called taking pride in your fleet witch in my opinion Scarlet band does not seem to unlike years ago when the Blenkinsop family owed the firm and kept a very smart fleet but since they sold the company both the look and quality of the vehicles has gone way down.
ENEB   24 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm
(24 Jan 2017, 12:45 pm)Jimmi wrote YJ55YGL was apparently on the 110/111/112 circuit on Friday.

Wonder if there may be a issue with a increased likelihood of it breaking down? If so, I would imagine they may be wanting to keep it fairly local, so it's less distance to travel for if something does go wrong.
I have been told that the driver has complained about it overheating. As it sometimes takes the driver 4 attempts to start it after the driver turns it back on after lunch break. But if it's overheating why put it in service. Unless they are waiting until Sunday where no services operate so they can have a look at it. It's been of a lot recently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   24 Jan 2017, 6:34 pm
(24 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm)ENEB wrote I have been told that the driver has complained about it overheating. As it sometimes takes the driver 4 attempts to start it after the driver turns it back on after lunch break. But if it's overheating why put it in service. Unless they are waiting until Sunday where no services operate so they can have a look at it. It's been of a lot recently.

May be a case of they have been hoping to avoid using it but have had no choice but to allocate it to a service. If it has overheating issues, it's probably better to allocate it to one of the routes closer to home rather than risk it breaking down on the 16 somewhere in Darlington.
ENEB   24 Jan 2017, 6:37 pm
(24 Jan 2017, 6:34 pm)Jimmi wrote May be a case of they have been hoping to avoid using it but have had no choice but to allocate it to a service. If it has overheating issues, it's probably better to allocate it to one of the routes closer to home rather than risk it breaking down on the 16 somewhere in Darlington.
Yes. Also they are short at the moment due to w7jpt being involved in a crash and one of the 64 plate solos getting a new engine.

Cock Robin   25 Jan 2017, 10:37 am
(24 Jan 2017, 1:32 pm)jaimz13 wrote Well no but the rest of the solos are my point is if weardale can stay clean and work everyday why can't scarlet band

Its not like you don't see filthy GNE and Arriva.
Michael   25 Jan 2017, 10:42 am
(25 Jan 2017, 10:37 am)Cock Robin wrote Its not like you don't see filthy GNE and Arriva.

Or Stagecoach

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   25 Jan 2017, 10:47 am
(25 Jan 2017, 10:37 am)Cock Robin wrote Its not like you don't see filthy GNE and Arriva.

Not as filthy as the SBM solos that were out on Saturday.
ENEB   25 Jan 2017, 12:34 pm
Yj05jwn is on the 16 again today.

ENEB   26 Jan 2017, 12:34 pm
Yj55ygl back on the 16 today covered in advertising.

BUSFAN   30 Jan 2017, 6:50 pm
Has the Former Burnside Coach replaced one within the fleet another addition to the fleet
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   02 Feb 2017, 9:51 am
A NEW cross city bus service is being launched in Durham this summer.

The service, which will be run by Scarlet Band, will connect Durham University’s colleges and academic departments.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/lo...is_summer/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   02 Feb 2017, 9:53 am
(02 Feb 2017, 9:51 am)Michael wrote A NEW cross city bus service is being launched in Durham this summer.

The service, which will be run by Scarlet Band, will connect Durham University’s colleges and academic departments.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/lo...is_summer/

I don't have a log-in, so can't see much of the article. Is it to run alongside the GNE offer or instead of?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   02 Feb 2017, 10:03 am
(02 Feb 2017, 9:53 am)Andreos1 wrote I don't have a log-in, so can't see much of the article. Is it to run alongside the GNE offer or instead of?

You don't need to log-in? 

Full article:

It will be available all through the year for both students and non-students and is aimed at reducing the number of cars used in the city.

It will use similar buses to those used by the city’s park and ride service and will launch in July.

The route will start at Ernest Place, a new block of student accommodation set to open in September, and will travel along Sunderland Road, Claypath and New Elvet, stopping near Hild Bede College, The Market Place, Elvet Riverside, the university’s science site off South Road and Josephine Butler College.

Scarlet Band is working with Durham University’s Greenspace team and Collegiate AC, which will manage Ernest Place.

The Greenspace team has developed a sustainable travel plan (STP) for Durham, aimed at reducing the use of cars and promoting more sustainable modes of travel.

Heriberto Cuanalo, CEO of Collegiate AC, said: “ We have been working with our local partners Bill Free Homes in order to get the right route and the right operator, we have partnered with Scarlet Band who also run the council’s park and ride services.”

“With the intention of expanding their green strategy, the university is confident this bus route will become a positive addition to their STP. I’m excited to work with the university to help it achieve its environmental goals and look forward to being a part of this latest scheme.”

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   02 Feb 2017, 10:18 am
(02 Feb 2017, 10:03 am)Michael wrote You don't need to log-in? 

Full article:

It will be available all through the year for both students and non-students and is aimed at reducing the number of cars used in the city.

It will use similar buses to those used by the city’s park and ride service and will launch in July.

The route will start at Ernest Place, a new block of student accommodation set to open in September, and will travel along Sunderland Road, Claypath and New Elvet, stopping near Hild Bede College, The Market Place, Elvet Riverside, the university’s science site off South Road and Josephine Butler College.

Scarlet Band is working with Durham University’s Greenspace team and Collegiate AC, which will manage Ernest Place.

The Greenspace team has developed a sustainable travel plan (STP) for Durham, aimed at reducing the use of cars and promoting more sustainable modes of travel.

Heriberto Cuanalo, CEO of Collegiate AC, said: “ We have been working with our local partners Bill Free Homes in order to get the right route and the right operator, we have partnered with Scarlet Band who also run the council’s park and ride services.”

“With the intention of expanding their green strategy, the university is confident this bus route will become a positive addition to their STP. I’m excited to work with the university to help it achieve its environmental goals and look forward to being a part of this latest scheme.”

So it's a totally different service to the U1. I wonder how if affects the likes of the 20 or 64? The number who get off those services at Claypath or Leazes Bowl and head up towards the market is pretty high.

Re the link. It was asking me to log in and then I could access something like 20 articles. I could see the first couple of paragraphs and that was about it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   02 Feb 2017, 10:25 am
(02 Feb 2017, 10:18 am)Andreos1 wrote So it's a totally different service to the U1. I wonder how if affects the likes of the 20 or 64? The number who get off those services at Claypath or Leazes Bowl and head up towards the market is pretty high.

Re the link. It was asking me to log in and then I could access something like 20 articles. I could see the first couple of paragraphs and that was about it.

Wonder why, seems odd.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   02 Feb 2017, 10:28 am
(02 Feb 2017, 10:25 am)Michael wrote Wonder why, seems odd.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2017-02-02-10-27-38.png (Size 201.4 KB Downloads 19)

Pages (31)    118 19 2031