You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: General TV thread
(25 Mar 2015, 2:26 pm)Michael wrote Jeremy Clarkson dropped from Top Gear, BBC confirms - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32052736

Wrong move, i'll not be watching the new show at all, if it continues..........

Not sure if I will either.

Obviously the BBC has done the right decision (morally) as you can't really continue when you have your presenters getting in dust ups with other employees, in any job you'd be likely to get the sack if you do what Clarkson has done.

Obviously it is sad that Top Gear as we know it is now over.

Full BBC statement http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32054004
(25 Mar 2015, 2:36 pm)Jimmi wrote Not sure if I will either.

Obviously the BBC has done the right decision (morally) as you can't really continue when you have your presenters getting in dust ups with other employees, in any job you'd be likely to get the sack if you do what Clarkson has done.

Obviously it is sad that Top Gear as we know it is now over.

Full BBC statement http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32054004

James May's reaction says it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6cfFnBNELs

BBC over reacting, let's not getting on to the peado ring which they kept hiding for years.... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Mar 2015, 2:49 pm)Michael wrote James May's reaction says it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6cfFnBNELs

BBC over reacting, let's not getting on to the peado ring which they kept hiding for years.... 
Expect a reformatted version of Top Gear on ITV or Channel 4/5 or something featuring Clarkson/May and Hammond, with a later start time than 8pm so Clarkson can say WTF he wants wirhout getting into trouble for it.
As much as I know the BBC had no real option, morally,  I can't help but think that this will come back to haunt them, Sky ITV or Channel 4 introduce a show with Clarkson, Hammond and May and rake in the money... Financially this will damage the BBC heavily,  in my opinion. 
Site Administrator
(25 Mar 2015, 6:01 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Thought random men weren't meant to hang around random boys? Tongue

Perhaps some sort of ploy for the remaining members of One Direction to be punched!
General TV thread
It is a great shame that Top Gear is no longer...so many fond memories of them travelling all around the globe; getting up to mischief; testing and crashing cars; offending entire nations...Tongue

However, as has been speculated, I'd like to think the three of them could start again with another corporation - as the show was just so great, and the fan base was through the roof!
(29 Mar 2015, 12:02 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote It is a great shame that Top Gear is no longer...so many fond memories of them travelling all around the globe; getting up to mischief; testing and crashing cars; offending entire nations...Tongue

However, as has been speculated, I'd like to think the three of them could start again with another corporation - as the show was just so great, and the fan base was through the roof!

Sky is rumoured to be after them, along with Netflix.. but Netflix has offered them full rains, so they can do what they want. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(29 Mar 2015, 12:06 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Also, I hope they take The Stig with them. Wink

Hopefully!

James's reaction to Clarkson getting sacked, still makes me laugh.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Mar 2015, 9:32 pm)MurdnunoC wrote It was alright but it probably wouldn't touch my own personal cartoon top 20.

Whats your top 20? =), i'll do mine! =D
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Mar 2015, 9:36 pm)Jimmi wrote Yeah, I used to quite like this, had it on video and would watch it a lot.

I used to have Pingu on VHS... haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Mar 2015, 9:39 pm)Michael wrote Whats your top 20? =), i'll do mine! =D

Just cartoons or any kids television programs?

Not bothered either way, just trying to clarify the rules  Sleepy
(31 Mar 2015, 9:32 pm)MurdnunoC wrote It was alright but it probably wouldn't touch my own personal cartoon top 20.

My all time top 20: (please some of these were classics in the 90's, so now i'm going to kids shows which aren't even on now)

1: Pokemon 
2: Postman Pat
3: Fireman Sam
4: Joshua Jones
5: Pingu
6: Blue Clues
7: The Clangers 
8: Wacky Racers
9: Playdays 
10: Chucklevision
11: Come Outside
12: Teletubbies.. (let's not go there please....)
13: Fun House
14: Tom and Jerry
15: Crystal Maze
16: Gladiators (Jet... Yes please) 
17: Fort Boyard
18: Doug
19: Dexter's Laboratory 
20: Hey Arnold 

Have to add 5 more......

21: The Magic School Bus
22: Artur 
23: AAHHHHHHH Real Monsters 
24: Cow and Chicken
25: Barney and friends.... (lets not go there)

(31 Mar 2015, 9:46 pm)Malarkey wrote The shopkeeper around my Local Off Licence is called Pingu.

NU NUUUUUU hahaha!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Mar 2015, 9:41 pm)Michael wrote I used to have Pingu on VHS... haha

Some of my favourite cartoons from when I was around 5 till about... probably now! (in no order and I could probably think of more)

Rugrats
Fairly Odd Parents
SpongeBob
Recess
Top Cat
Looney Tunes
Scooby Doo (various versions)
Arther
Dextor's Laboratory
Angry Beavers
Tom and Jerry
Futurama
Simpsons

I didn't have Sky or even Freeview when I was a kid so I had whatever was on CBBC and CITV on a afternoon (I'm only 21!)
(31 Mar 2015, 9:47 pm)Michael wrote My all time top 20: (please some of these were classics in the 90's, so now i'm going to kids shows which aren't even on now)

1: Pokemon 
2: Postman Pat
3: Fireman Sam
4: Joshua Jones
5: Pingu
6: Blue Clues
7: The Clangers 
8: Wacky Racers
9: Playdays 
10: Chucklevision
11: Come Outside
12: Teletubbies.. (let's not go there please....)
13: Fun House
14: Tom and Jerry
15: Crystal Maze
16: Gladiators (Jet... Yes please) 
17: Fort Boyard
18: Doug
19: Dexter's Laboratory 
20: Hey Arnold 

Have to add 5 more......

21: The Magic School Bus
22: Artur 
23: AAHHHHHHH Real Monsters 
24: Cow and Chicken
25: Barney and friends.... (lets not go there)
Where in the hell is Scooby Doo, Johny Bravo, The Tweenies and Polka Dot Polka Dot Polka Dot Shorts.
In no particular order - bear in mind I am a child of the eighties!

Road Runner
Transformers (G1)
MASK
Ulysses 31
Top Cat
Dexters Laboratory
Powerpuff Girls
Willow the Wisp
The Jetsons
Futurama
Dangermouse
He-Man