Menu

Pages (100)    127 28 29100   
Jimmi   04 May 2015, 3:44 pm
Driver on the X22 doesn't seem to know how to drive a StreetLite (5409).

Currently pressing every button and no luck sat on the stand at the MetroCentre.

Now probably going to miss the 7 in Durham [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]
omnicity4659   04 May 2015, 3:50 pm
Please tell me that there wasnt DRS 37s passing through the Metrocentre too? Angry
MurdnunoC   04 May 2015, 3:58 pm
(04 May 2015, 3:43 pm)aureolin wrote You're using command prompt to fix a problem? It can only issue commands that a gui would normally do at the click of a button.

Try PowerShell. Endless fun. Smile
Not Windows 95 first edition? At least you could 'nuke' irritants over the net. [emoji14]

I never really used Windows '95 much. I initially had Windows 3.11 then upgraded to Windows '98 SE upon purchasing a new PC. On the Windows-based systems I use, I always change the GUI skin to Windows '98/Windows Classic. Much like Leyland Olympians, that particular GUI represents the real Windows to me.
Dan   04 May 2015, 4:07 pm
(04 May 2015, 3:54 pm)Jimmi wrote I had a brilliant day at the rally, was nice to meet some of the members on here and enjoyed getting photos and my ride on GNE 3818 and the Northumbria Delta.

Cracking day... Until I got on StreetLite 5409 on the X22 which has now left 10 minutes late and now in traffic on the A1 so no doubt I will see the 7 leaving Durham Bus Station as the X22 arrives and have an hour to wait for the next one [emoji35]

Consider that on-time... The 1230 X22 arrival actually arrived at about 1310 earlier. Must have been some serious delays on the A1.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   04 May 2015, 4:18 pm
(04 May 2015, 4:07 pm)Dan wrote Consider that on-time... The 1230 X22 arrival actually arrived at about 1310 earlier. Must have been some serious delays on the A1.

It arrived pretty much on-time but because of the issues in the MetroCentre it didn't leave until 1645 (10 minutes late!)

15 minutes from Chester Red Lion to Durham North Road and to run across the road into the bus station I have no chance, especially as we had to stop at the temporary lights on Chester Front Street.

If I miss my 7 I will be making a complaint as this shouldn't be happening.
citaro5284   04 May 2015, 4:19 pm
(04 May 2015, 4:18 pm)Jimmi wrote It arrived pretty much on-time but because of the issues in the MetroCentre it didn't leave until 1645 (10 minutes late!)

15 minutes from Chester Red Lion to Durham North Road and to run across the road into the bus station I have no chance, especially as we had to stop at the temporary lights on Chester Front Street.

If I miss my 7 I will be making a complaint as this shouldn't be happening.

But the driver must know how to drive it...he drove it there
S813 FVK   04 May 2015, 4:19 pm
(04 May 2015, 4:18 pm)Jimmi wrote If I miss my 7 I will be making a complaint as this shouldn't be happening.

Why? Yes the driver will have been type trained but the concept is still relatively new to them so will take some getting used to. The A1 delays won't help either.
Jimmi   04 May 2015, 4:25 pm
(04 May 2015, 4:19 pm)Robert wrote Why? Yes the driver will have been type trained but the concept is still relatively new to them so will take some getting used to. The A1 delays won't help either.

I know that but we only managed to get going after some people in orange high viz jackets got in the cab to get it started again.

Timetable should be better suited to combat the time the service actually takes to do the journey as most times I do the X22 it arrives at the MetroCentre late and this was before the roadworks too.

We are also following the 21 now and we are in-front so we are picking up all the loads.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   04 May 2015, 4:27 pm
(04 May 2015, 4:18 pm)Jimmi wrote If I miss my 7 I will be making a complaint as this shouldn't be happening.

I missed the X21 by minutes earlier, because of some incompetent fool behind the counter at Subway who took their time, leaving me haveing to wait 25 minutes for the 1.

Does that mean that I have to make a compliant to Subway?
Adrian   04 May 2015, 4:35 pm
(04 May 2015, 4:27 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I missed the X21 by minutes earlier, because of some incompetent fool behind the counter at Subway who took their time, leaving me haveing to wait 25 minutes for the 1.

Does that mean that I have to make a compliant to Subway?

I don't believe that Subway's counter staff work to a timetable. Maybe you should make a complaint to yourself for bad time management? Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
S813 FVK   04 May 2015, 5:23 pm
#shotsfired
Michael   05 May 2015, 7:32 am
Being out 5 minutes and already drenched.... -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   05 May 2015, 7:33 am
(05 May 2015, 7:32 am)Michael wrote Being out 5 minutes and already drenched.... -.-
Same I'm soaked.
Michael   05 May 2015, 7:36 am
(05 May 2015, 7:33 am)danpick wrote Same I'm soaked.

On the bus now but soaked.. hopefully it clears by the time i finish uni haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adam   05 May 2015, 8:24 am
(05 May 2015, 7:32 am)Michael wrote Being out 5 minutes and already drenched.... -.-

Same story here. The walk from John Dobson Street to the uni library is dreadful in wet weather. My jeans are now so wet they make me look as if I've wet myself Sad
Jimmi   05 May 2015, 9:03 am
A1 roadworks.

Heading to the MetroCentre again today, been on the move 45 minutes and we've only made it as far as Washington services. It's awful.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   05 May 2015, 9:30 am
(05 May 2015, 9:03 am)Jimmi wrote A1 roadworks.

Heading to the MetroCentre again today, been on the move 45 minutes and we've only made it as far as Washington services. It's awful.

That old chestnut?! Had enough of that place this week!
MrFozz   05 May 2015, 9:51 am
(04 May 2015, 3:50 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Please tell me that there wasnt DRS 37s passing through the Metrocentre too? Angry
I saw it at Heworth about half 9 on my way to the metrocentre
MurdnunoC   05 May 2015, 2:51 pm
I was over Gateshead so I decided to use Heworth Lesiure Centre as I'd never had the pleasure before.

All-in-all, I've got to say it was a disappointing experience.

Firstly, the lockers for the gym are curiously placed outside of the changing area in the main thoroughfare between the reception and the pool. Secondly, the lockers are small which means you have stuff everything into the locker instead of hanging things up. And thirdly, the gym equipment they have there seems a little bit 'off' when compared to other council-owned gyms in the Gateshead area. I don't know how to explain it, both the treadmill and the rowing machine seemed 'slack'.

Think I'll stick to either Dunston or Blaydon from now on. The only positive thing I can say about Heworth is that I liked the surfing simulator they have there. I never had a chance to have go (I think you have to book-up for it anyway), but it looks fun!
mb134   05 May 2015, 5:05 pm
The combination of AS Chemistry, and Arriva's complete inability to run a morning service on time, has got me more annoyed than I've been in a long time Sad 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
northern156   05 May 2015, 5:13 pm
(04 May 2015, 3:50 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Please tell me that there wasnt DRS 37s passing through the Metrocentre too? Angry

Yes 37604/37059 0M60

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Adrian   05 May 2015, 9:08 pm
Mod note: I've removed a comment both naming and making an accusation towards an individual. I'd hope people would appreciate that we don't heavily enforce a mass of rules on people, but we have no choice on those two points.

Adrian   05 May 2015, 9:09 pm

Yes. You missed the beast.

[Image: 17383041611_6773420d7d.jpg]
Direct Rail Services - Class 37 - 37604 by aureolindn, on Flickr

MurdnunoC   05 May 2015, 9:43 pm
(05 May 2015, 9:08 pm)aureolin wrote Mod note: I've removed a comment both naming and making an accusation towards an individual. I'd hope people would appreciate that we don't heavily enforce a mass of rules on people, but we have no choice on those two points.

As always, I miss all the drama!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   05 May 2015, 9:48 pm
(05 May 2015, 9:43 pm)MurdnunoC wrote As always, I miss all the drama!
Annoyingly I was to busy thinking of Malarkey's stop, look, listen public information film to view what happened.

I normally get to see all the spam on here though.
MrFozz   05 May 2015, 10:08 pm
(05 May 2015, 9:43 pm)MurdnunoC wrote As always, I miss all the drama!
Your not alone...I do too
R852 PRG   06 May 2015, 3:25 pm
A heated argument in class due to people twisting my words.

Regarding GCSE options, I simply stated; ''if you pick subjects like Business, IT, Languages; you're more likely to get into the world of work in today's market than if you pick (what I call ''the mickey mouse'' subjects) only Art, Music, Design, etc''.

A girl, who I don't particularly get on with to start with, turned around and said ''well actually, my cousin is at Cambridge doing Art, so that's just backfired in your face, Marcus!''. Hang on, I'm sure Cambridge is a university, and not a job...?

This attracted quite a bit of attention, our teacher was out of the room, and people started to twist my words by telling others wishing to get involved that I'd said ''all people who pick Art are going to never get jobs''. Amazing how stuff can pick up. Then, the girl got back to me saying that she'd just texted her cousin, who called me ''a sad pathetic bus wanker'', and that I can't talk. I then ask what is wrong with liking buses, and how it should be seen as any different to liking football, cars, etc. Then I get remarks saying that they'll bet on me never getting a job, because I'm too ignorant to realise that people can go far by picking subjects like Art and Design, and I'm saying only people who pick Business and other poignant subjects will get far in life... I was never disputing that in the first place - I was only saying that that are more chances of getting a job by picking certain topics over others...

Luckily, a boy sat next to me starts to pick up on what I've said and agrees with me - but it's still the cat amongst the pigeons, 5 v 2... Never denied that those subjects, should you have a talent in them, can take you far.

I eventually gave up, but people still have a go at me saying I'm a hypocrite. In my eyes - I made a pretty accurate statement...
citaro5284   06 May 2015, 3:49 pm
Aye Marcus, that is the way of the world.....so many times words are twisted to suit.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   06 May 2015, 4:11 pm
(06 May 2015, 3:25 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Then, the girl got back to me saying that she'd just texted her cousin, who called me ''a sad pathetic bus wanker'', and that I can't talk.

Obviously he/she has wanked while holding an image of a Volvo Olympian. You can talk, you're 14, not a newborn.

I then ask what is wrong with liking buses, and how it should be seen as any different to liking football, cars, etc. 

Nothing. I personally don't get enjoyment watching some men(/women) kicking an inflated sphere around a perfectly cut lawn for 90+ minutes. I like cars though, especially Mercedes.

Then I get remarks saying that they'll bet on me never getting a job, because I'm too ignorant to realise that people can go far by picking subjects like Art and Design, and I'm saying only people who pick Business and other poignant subjects will get far in life... I was never disputing that in the first place - I was only saying that that are more chances of getting a job by picking certain topics over others... 

I dont think that if I choose Art, that that will help me be a bus driver, so I don't see the point.

I would use Word/Publisher or another well known document maker thing, to enlarge the following and then stick it on a large piece of wood with a stick and handle.
[Image: 88ac8e536da6cd887a944117fc90a7e6ebd4331d...9172ac.jpg]
mb134   06 May 2015, 4:15 pm
Marcus- I was (still am) of the same opinion, in my mind if you're good enough at Art, Music etc, you'll get noticed and shouldn't need a GCSE or whatever other qualification to prove that. 

Oh and something else, that I had to Google as I wasn't sure on it, Cambridge doesn't do Art Wink (unless it is the History of Art)
Pages (100)    127 28 29100