Menu

Pages (98)    128 29 3098   
Dan   25 Nov 2014, 3:04 pm
(25 Nov 2014, 2:14 pm)Scott wrote Maybe the masses of people attending the GNE consultation! Might be an event such as a music concert later on tonight.
We usually get a letter in from the council when there's going to be an event, but we haven't had one in to my knowledge!

Odd though, as that car park is usually near enough dead.
Michael   25 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm
Oh dear!

Tyne and Wear Metro
4 mins ·
There are delays of up to 20 mins between Four Lane Ends and South Shields , up to 15 mins between South Gosforth and South Hylton, this is due to a failed train.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   26 Nov 2014, 11:09 am
Oh dear

Tyne and Wear Metro
6 mins ·
There are delays of up to 15 mins between Airport and South Hylton , up to 15 mins between St James and South Shields, this is due to signalling problems.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   26 Nov 2014, 12:18 pm
(26 Nov 2014, 11:09 am)Michael wrote Oh dear

Tyne and Wear Metro
6 mins ·
There are delays of up to 15 mins between Airport and South Hylton , up to 15 mins between St James and South Shields, this is due to signalling problems.

Tyne and Wear Metro
1 min · 

There are delays of up to 30 mins between South Hylton and Airport , up to 15 mins between South Shields and St James, this is due to signalling problems.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Simmy   26 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm
I usually try to use the X34 (as I live in Whitburn and when it is running to time) as opposed to the Metro :').
Michael   26 Nov 2014, 7:24 pm
Oh dear, 4th time today.... bad day once again

Tyne and Wear Metro
3 mins ·
There are no trains running between Pelaw and South Shields in both directions until further notice. This is due to a failed train. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets in the affected area. Bus services 27 operate between Pelaw and South Shields. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   26 Nov 2014, 9:31 pm
Oh dear, failed train again

This time its between Pelaw and St James

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   26 Nov 2014, 9:35 pm
Not been a good day has it...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   27 Nov 2014, 11:10 pm
Oh dear, 11pm and we have a failed train...between Airport and South Hylton, delays of 15 minutes.

3rd one today....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   28 Nov 2014, 6:36 pm
(30 Dec 2012, 8:26 pm)NEB Admin Team wrote On the timetable, I have included every train time during the day, instead of writing the "minutes past each hour," just so the option is there for members to do that if they'd prefer a slighter smaller version, rather than an enthusiast having to write in the full set of times themselves. After all, it's far easier to delete the times than to write them in!

The Northern Rail timetable is only valid until 18 May 2013. It's been rumoured on the Skyscraper City forums that more trains will begin calling at Blaydon and Dunston. If the demand is there for it, I may include more Northern Rail stations in this timetable when a new timetable comes into force in May.

Keep in mind that this timetable will change on Public Holidays - best to contact Traveline, Nexus or Northern Rail with regards to these days.

Following on from this post in the Bus Related Outings & Reviews thread, in which Marcus said that he didn't know the times for when Metros were due, I've decided to re-upload the timetable which Brandon uploaded to the forum quite some time ago.

I'm hoping he doesn't mind, but I have no means of contacting him since his departure from the forum, but it's for the benefit of the community (which was his original intention for sharing). The timetable, which is in Excel format, has been attached to the quoted post. I think it's still valid; I still use it regularly with no issues, but make sure to double check timings on Nexus' website if the journey being undertaken is important.
Michael   29 Nov 2014, 10:47 am
Well first failed train of the day...delays between south Gosforth and St James.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   29 Nov 2014, 3:18 pm
(29 Nov 2014, 10:47 am)Michael wrote Well first failed train of the day...delays between south Gosforth and St James.....

Aye there wasn't a train for 23m in Wallsend so I just got the Coaster. 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   29 Nov 2014, 5:16 pm
Tyne and Wear Metro
2 mins ·
There are no trains running between Benton and Shiremoor in both directions, this is due to a vehicle hitting a Metro bridge. We will update you once we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BJ10VUS   02 Dec 2014, 6:34 pm
Currently no trains between Newcastle Airport and Kingston Park, due to a signalling fault.
Michael   03 Dec 2014, 9:12 am
There are delays of up to 20 mins to trains running between South Gosforth and St James due to low rail adhesion. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   03 Dec 2014, 9:37 am
(03 Dec 2014, 9:33 am)Scott wrote What I don't understand is why the words low rail adhesion have to be used. Can't Nexus cut out the jargon and say that the lines are a bit slippey?

Ye, they should just say... it's frosty on the tracks so please allow extra time for your journey 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   03 Dec 2014, 6:18 pm
Tyne and Wear Metro cab radio replacement project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzcSmVYPeoY

Also found this...

Official launch of work of Sunderland Metro Line - February 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW8PyvPDJoA&list=UU-KH1dSiLTXBPH7B0Tx5U1w

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Bus_User   03 Dec 2014, 11:23 pm
(03 Dec 2014, 9:37 am)Michael wrote Ye, they should just say... it's frosty on the tracks so please allow extra time for your journey 

What and get mocked even more?

No doubt the frosty morning is a contributing factor but saying its low rail adhesion is the correct term to use. 
Dan   04 Dec 2014, 7:16 am
(03 Dec 2014, 11:23 pm)Bus_User wrote What and get mocked even more?

No doubt the frosty morning is a contributing factor but saying its low rail adhesion is the correct term to use. 
The use of the term 'low rail adhesion' is considered by some to be patronising; whilst I hadn't actually thought of it in that way myself, my friend brought it up when she suffered another late-running train and she saw the 'Delays to service' message one hundred times.

Using jargon, and making a campaign to explain the jargon, seems a little pointless if your audience wants to be spoken to in plain English.
Michael   04 Dec 2014, 11:10 am
Tyne and Wear Metro
2 mins ·
There are minor delays to trains running between Central Station and Airport and The Coast due to a train being withdrawn from service. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   04 Dec 2014, 11:55 am
(04 Dec 2014, 11:10 am)Michael wrote Tyne and Wear Metro
2 mins ·
There are minor delays to trains running between Central Station and Airport and The Coast due to a train being withdrawn from service. Please leave extra time for your journey.

Would love to know what the Customer Satisfaction Rating is following all of these Delays to the Metro System in the last few months, and how many of those Passengers have opted to Travel by Bus/Taxi or Car Instead, I would also like to see the Statistics to see how many Trains ran on time in that Period, reckon it would make for some interesting reading, particularly if these Stats were completely made up.
Michael   04 Dec 2014, 12:47 pm
(04 Dec 2014, 11:55 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Would love to know what the Customer Satisfaction Rating is following all of these Delays to the Metro System in the last few months, and how many of those Passengers have opted to Travel by Bus/Taxi or Car Instead, I would also like to see the Statistics to see how many Trains ran on time in that Period, reckon it would make for some interesting reading, particularly if these Stats were completely made up.

Me too!, it's now cleared....however! 

Tyne and Wear Metro
1 min · 

Haymarket is closed and trains will not be stopping at this station until further notice. This is due to a problem with the power supply. We will update you once we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tommy1581   05 Dec 2014, 10:49 am
(04 Dec 2014, 12:47 pm)Michael wrote Me too!, it's now cleared....however! 

Tyne and Wear Metro
1 min · 

Haymarket is closed and trains will not be stopping at this station until further notice. This is due to a problem with the power supply. We will update you once we have more information.
More power cuts... Most of Ashington had a massive power cut yesterday including the depot!!! 
Michael   05 Dec 2014, 10:54 am
(05 Dec 2014, 10:49 am)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote More power cuts... Most of Ashington had a massive power cut yesterday including the depot!!! 

It's being alright so far, i'm using the metro to get to Newcastle no doubt it will breakdown on the way! 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tommy1581   05 Dec 2014, 11:03 am
(05 Dec 2014, 10:54 am)Michael wrote It's being alright so far, i'm using the metro to get to Newcastle no doubt it will breakdown on the way! 

Or catch fire... Nexus spokesperson - "Metros were designed to be slow burners" from an incident a few weeks back...
Malarkey   05 Dec 2014, 3:10 pm
(05 Dec 2014, 11:03 am)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote Or catch fire... Nexus spokesperson - "Metros were designed to be slow burners" from an incident a few weeks back...

Surely said Spokesperson should not being saying that in regards to that Incident, doesnt sound like a Professional response at all, also comes across as if its a laughing matter and shows total disregard for the Passengers who were actually on that Metro at the time, on top of that the Incident could of been a lot worse than it was.
Michael   05 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm
The metro i'm on just being at Gateshead stadium for 5 minutes, sonething went wrong.. not sure what.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   05 Dec 2014, 4:08 pm
(05 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm)Michael wrote The metro i'm on just being at Gateshead stadium for 5 minutes, sonething went wrong.. not sure what.
Mine was on time today! Well, about two mins late, but I can cope with that.

Actually haven't had any major inconveniences all week, thankfully.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   05 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm
All the stations have a warning about ice.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
tyresmoke   05 Dec 2014, 5:57 pm
(05 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm)Michael wrote All the stations have a warning about ice.

Fair play given it could drop to -3 or -4 tonight...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Pages (98)    128 29 3098