Menu

Pages (37)    1 2 3 437   
CatsFast101   04 Aug 2013, 1:45 am
The sloppiness on the GNE site, really irrates me. I mentioned a while about about typos on the 'Lime Page', it's already been mentioned about the fact the Lambton Worm is nowhere to be seen. The Washington street shuttle page information is so out of date and incorrect advertising buses every 10 minutes and that buses run to Birtley every 30 Minutes. Shouldn't someone be checking and updating this? GNE would also have us believe that the 'Red Arrows X3' has wifi equipped buses!! Laser page is also showing outdated information particular confusing when they state an every 10 minutes service between Sunderland Royal & Rainton Bridge when it's actually now every 20 Mins and Implies a direct link between the locations when I fact there isn't as alternative 35's serve the hospital & Rainton bridge.
Sorry for the rant but it's just confusing to people who use the site to find correct travel information and it was actually a friend who told me about an issue with the East Durham page, where it still advises connections onto service 35 at Peterlee bus station despite no service 35 now serving Peterlee.
DanPicken   04 Aug 2013, 7:14 am
does anyone know whats happening to the 1 as theres been no registration on VOSA yet

and go north east need to hurry and post the service changes as I need to know for the 88
gtom   04 Aug 2013, 2:25 pm
Queen Street is going on the market when the new depot is complete. Likely a new housing development
Malarkey   04 Aug 2013, 4:11 pm
Yeah M2/M3 only, The W5/W6 don't need bigger buses really although it does see a Plaxton President or 2 used on a Daily Basis, due the 88/88A requiring the MPD's, due to the Cadets being knackered.

So lets say

Metrolink Solars 4956-4961 - Waggonway
Metrolink Solars 4962-4966 - Lambton Worm
Saltwell Park Versas 8294-8301 - Washington Street Shuttle M2/M3
Drifter Versas 8302-8306 to Drifter 61
Drifter Versas 8307-8309 plus 5 Simplicity Versas to South Tyne 88/88A with 8319 as Northern Spare making a total of 9 Versas.

As for the 39, that could use recieve either South Tyne 88/88A Cadets or Solars off FAB56/Prince Bishops later in the year, if those services get new buses.
[/quote]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   04 Aug 2013, 4:41 pm
Sorry im abit behind, ive being to the Lakes all week

I noticed that all their "best" services.. like the Angel.. is updated right away, its not fair, its giving the wrong info for services

I also heard that the M2/M3 will only be getting the Saltwell Park Versa's, the Drifter ones - i was told they wasn't sure where they would be going.

But I agree with your ideas Adam, it seems the best option even though i was hoping the 39 would become Versa =(

Any news on the Streetlites?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
gtom   04 Aug 2013, 4:50 pm
I've only just noticed but since the Angel rebrand the Nexus run bus stops on the route don't have specific times outside of peak stating 'A frequent service every 7/8 minutes'

Which of course is pure fantasy
Malarkey   04 Aug 2013, 5:20 pm
(04 Aug 2013, 4:41 pm)Michael wrote Sorry im abit behind, ive being to the Lakes all week

I noticed that all their "best" services.. like the Angel.. is updated right away, its not fair, its giving the wrong info for services

I also heard that the M2/M3 will only be getting the Saltwell Park Versa's, the Drifter ones - i was told they wasn't sure where they would be going.

But I agree with your ideas Adam, it seems the best option even though i was hoping the 39 would become Versa =(

Any news on the Streetlites?

I haven't heard anything for weeks now regarding the Streetlites/Citaros, but they must be due soon. As for my Ideas that is the only way I can see it working.
Michael   04 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm
Looking at the latest buses arriving at Heysham Docks, none are GNE.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   04 Aug 2013, 8:43 pm
(04 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm)Michael wrote Looking at the latest buses arriving at Heysham Docks, none are GNE.

probs be a few weeks before they'll be at Heysham Docks, someone on here will no the time-frame of arrival
Adrian   05 Aug 2013, 6:40 am
Silver Arrow branded Citaro 5325 is on the short 8 run this morning between the Galleries and Waterview Park. It's currently sat at the Island outside the bus station.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Dan   05 Aug 2013, 6:41 am
(05 Aug 2013, 6:40 am)aureolin wrote Silver Arrow branded Citaro 5325 is on the short 8 run this morning between the Galleries and Waterview Park. It's currently sat at the Island outside the bus station.

A "Silver Arrows" Merc is the daily allocation. :p
Adrian   05 Aug 2013, 6:48 am
(05 Aug 2013, 6:41 am)Daniel wrote
(05 Aug 2013, 6:40 am)aureolin wrote Silver Arrow branded Citaro 5325 is on the short 8 run this morning between the Galleries and Waterview Park. It's currently sat at the Island outside the bus station.

Ahh - I've never seen that before. It's usually a northern branded decker when I'm out at this time. Has this just changed recently?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   05 Aug 2013, 7:17 am
(05 Aug 2013, 6:48 am)aureolin wrote
(05 Aug 2013, 6:41 am)Daniel wrote

Ahh - I've never seen that before. It's usually a northern branded decker when I'm out at this time. Has this just changed recently?

Perhaps changed when the 2A/2C timetable changed. I've only got photos of those short 8 workings from the start of the school holidays - don't tend to get much of a chance to get them while at school!
Seems to have the same driver daily too!
MurdnunoC   05 Aug 2013, 8:47 am
(04 Aug 2013, 2:25 pm)gtomlinson wrote Queen Street is going on the market when the new depot is complete. Likely a new housing development

To be honest, I'm surprised it's still there. I know there used to be an engineering department based there but that has long since disappeared. All that's left is the office block and it looks well out of place in a middle of a housing estate. GNE probably could have sold of the land and relocated years ago.
Tom   05 Aug 2013, 9:04 am
All ''North Tyne Links'' MPD's and ''Centurion'' B10BLE's now have adverts on the offside and nearside (Centurion on offside only)
cbma06   05 Aug 2013, 9:22 am
(05 Aug 2013, 8:47 am)AdamY wrote
(04 Aug 2013, 2:25 pm)gtomlinson wrote Queen Street is going on the market when the new depot is complete. Likely a new housing development

To be honest, I'm surprised it's still there. I know there used to be an engineering department based there but that has long since disappeared. All that's left is the office block and it looks well out of place in a middle of a housing estate. GNE probably could have sold of the land and relocated years ago.

I remember when I used to go down there and the bus depot used by the engineering department was right next to the office block, one of the times when I went down there and Wear Buses 8059 dart was there due to front end accident damage, wasn't the engineering department moved to Saltmeadows road when TWOC depot was purchased.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   05 Aug 2013, 9:27 am
Ive noticed GNE haven't posted in info for the road works in Sunderland... Their terrible for stuff like that.

Just checked last weeks fleet allocation and they still got:

Route 9 as a Tab - Now doesn't exist
8258/8259 is still drifter branded
4960 is still Metrolink branded

Anything else im missing?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   05 Aug 2013, 9:30 am
3964 is still FestNE branded, according to the Fleet Allocation.
Andreos1   05 Aug 2013, 9:40 am
(05 Aug 2013, 9:27 am)Michael wrote Ive noticed GNE haven't posted in info for the road works in Sunderland... Their terrible for stuff like that.

Noticed a sign the other day, mentioning road closures around the Riverside in Chester le Street next weekend when the cricket is on, which will involve the 71 and 78 probably being sent on diversion.

Like the stuff in Sunderland, yet to see anything mentioned.
MurdnunoC   05 Aug 2013, 10:53 am
(05 Aug 2013, 9:22 am)cbma06 wrote
(05 Aug 2013, 8:47 am)AdamY wrote

I remember when I used to go down there and the bus depot used by the engineering department was right next to the office block, one of the times when I went down there and Wear Buses 8059 dart was there due to front end accident damage, wasn't the engineering department moved to Saltmeadows road when TWOC depot was purchased.

I don't know if it was moved immediately after purchase (then subsequent sale), but it did move sometime during the 90s. Back when I was at school I had some friends who lived in the Teams area. On the few occasions when I went to visit, I remember seeing recovery vehicles and various bits of old buses dumped around the yard. It's possible that the engineering department had moved to Saltmeadows by this point, but the yard was still being used in some sense.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   05 Aug 2013, 10:53 am
(05 Aug 2013, 9:27 am)Michael wrote Ive noticed GNE haven't posted in info for the road works in Sunderland... Their terrible for stuff like that.

What roadworks in Sunderland? What services will this affect? Is it an diversion?
Dan   05 Aug 2013, 11:04 am
(05 Aug 2013, 10:53 am)CatsFast101 wrote

What roadworks in Sunderland? What services will this affect? Is it an diversion?

Holmeside is closed in one direction. Stagecoach in Sunderland are diverting their services via the Stockton Road/Burdon Road loop (see article here), but I've not been in town yet to see if GNE are diverting too..? It certainly affected GNE yesterday, when services operated via the Empire/St. Mary's Way as opposed to serving Holmeside/Fawcett Street.
Kuyoyo   05 Aug 2013, 11:05 am
On the X901 today are:

Trident 3861/2 and B7TL 3968. 3860 was on one of the peak workings.
Michael   05 Aug 2013, 11:09 am
(05 Aug 2013, 11:04 am)Daniel wrote
(05 Aug 2013, 10:53 am)CatsFast101 wrote

Holmeside is closed in one direction. Stagecoach in Sunderland are diverting their services via the Stockton Road/Burdon Road loop (see article here), but I've not been in town yet to see if GNE are diverting too..? It certainly affected GNE yesterday, when services operated via the Empire/St. Mary's Way as opposed to serving Holmeside/Fawcett Street.

The Wearmouth Bridge is also down to 2 lanes instead of 3 for Work, seems they doing it all during the 6 weeks, which is a good in a way.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CitaroFavourite   05 Aug 2013, 11:47 am

a few months ago they still had 3860/61 as showstopper when at the time it had gone Northern
Dan   05 Aug 2013, 11:58 am
http://www.simplygo.com/service-disrupti...low-green/

As @ADLEnviro pointed out on a post in the Stagecoach North East section, diversion notices are often put up at very short notice...
I don't believe GNE alerted customers to the Waverley Road closure and the 24 diversions prior to today - the day the closure commences for 10 days?

May be worth trying to get some photos at Harlow Green Lane and Easedale Gardens as the 24 won't serve either location again from September, when it is being withdrawn and replaced by the revised "Coaster" service.
Michael   05 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm
(05 Aug 2013, 11:58 am)Daniel wrote http://www.simplygo.com/service-disrupti...low-green/

As @ADLEnviro pointed out on a post in the Stagecoach North East section, diversion notices are often put up at very short notice...
I don't believe GNE alerted customers to the Waverley Road closure and the 24 diversions prior to today - the day the closure commences for 10 days?

May be worth trying to get some photos at Harlow Green Lane and Easedale Gardens as the 24 won't serve either location again from September, when it is being withdrawn and replaced by the revised "Coaster" service.

Wonder what will run to Harlow Green Lane and Easedale Gardens from September?

Wonder when we will see the revised Coaster brand.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   05 Aug 2013, 12:11 pm
(05 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm)Michael wrote
(05 Aug 2013, 11:58 am)Daniel wrote http://www.simplygo.com/service-disrupti...low-green/

Wonder what will run to Harlow Green Lane and Easedale Gardens from September?

Wonder when we will see the revised Coaster brand.

I assume the revised Coaster service will operate via Waverley Road like the 24 does at present? (Well, not at present because of the 10-day diversion, of course!)

Harlow Green Lane (the part after the 24 cut-off point up Waverley Road) will remain unserved assuming this is so, and Easedale Gardens will be served by "Orbit" service 52.

EDIT: See attachment - light blue shows current 24 route when not being diverted, while the dark blue shows the revised 24 route.
The purple is the 52 route. Bus stops have already been placed on Harlow Green Lane - I assume a service must have previously served the stops there? The stops at Easedale Gardens have obviously been placed for the 52.
Attached Files
.png
24 and 52.png (Size 46.63 KB Downloads 26)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   05 Aug 2013, 12:28 pm
Yeah, the stops on Harlow Green Lane were once served by *drum roll, cos it hasn't been mentioned for a while*..... the mighty 638!

Apart from scholars/works services - not sure if anything else has served it more recently.
Michael   05 Aug 2013, 12:35 pm
Cheers, i wasn't sure of it's route.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (37)    1 2 3 437