Rate Thread
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
|
Nexus Tenders - May 2021
06 May 2021, 5:26 pm,
RE: Nexus Tenders - May 2021
I'd love to see different companies working service GCT have. Henry Copper Coaches working the 42/42A or A Line working the 335
06 May 2021, 5:39 pm,
(06 May 2021, 5:26 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote I'd love to see different companies working service GCT have. Henry Copper Coaches working the 42/42A or A Line working the 335

We don't even have a thread for Henry Cooper. 

A-line, Henry Cooper and Stanley Travel should operate more services. GCT and Weardale are the worst operators.
06 May 2021, 6:04 pm,
(06 May 2021, 4:13 pm)deanmachine wrote A near monopoly on Nexus contracts if that's the case, can't be many left not operated by them? I think GNE only have the 38C and the Newcastle 33 left?

I'm not shocked at all.....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
06 May 2021, 7:50 pm,
See the fact is why do nexus keep giving contract to GCT when they can't run them. L&B are doing the SNS and they did ferry replacement when GCT were and meant to run then
06 May 2021, 8:00 pm,
(06 May 2021, 5:39 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote We don't even have a thread for Henry Cooper. 

A-line, Henry Cooper and Stanley Travel should operate more services. GCT and Weardale are the worst operators.

Are actually joking when you say this about an independent operator that has been around for 95 years and quite clearly established and highly respected among the local community to which they serve.

From personal experience they have friendly drivers and a very well presented fleet of Buses & Coaches.

Suggest you have a read of their online testimonials - https://www.weardale-travel.co.uk/testimonials.html
06 May 2021, 8:00 pm,
Also to mention. The 8 and 79/79A new timetable have disappeared of the nexus website. Wonder if something is gonna change
06 May 2021, 9:16 pm,
(06 May 2021, 8:00 pm)Malarkey wrote Are actually joking when you say this about an independent operator that has been around for 95 years and quite clearly established and highly respected among the local community to which they serve.

From personal experience they have friendly drivers and a very well presented fleet of Buses & Coaches.

Suggest you have a read of their online testimonials - https://www.weardale-travel.co.uk/testimonials.html

Spot on, Malarkey. 

It's not by chance that they've been around for so long!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
06 May 2021, 9:55 pm,
(06 May 2021, 7:50 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote See the fact is why do nexus keep giving contract to GCT when they can't run them. L&B are doing the SNS and they did ferry replacement when GCT were and meant to run then
Nexus are obviously happy with GCT's performance. 
If they weren't, they wouldn't award them any further contracts.
06 May 2021, 11:03 pm,
GCT are bloody awful
Kind Regards
Tez
06 May 2021, 11:07 pm,
The fact they can barely handle the work as due to shortage of drivers. How the hell they managed to run day and night services
07 May 2021, 5:10 pm,
(06 May 2021, 11:03 pm)V514DFT wrote GCT are bloody awful
As are Nexus so no coincidence the two have a close business relationship. 

I do wonder though if GCT/Nexus have an employee who has worked for both working higher up whose pulling strings for the contracts to always be awarded to the same operator as their does seem to be some bias towards other operators, you'd think they split service work more evenly amongst the independent operators so each get an equal share of whats available.
07 May 2021, 6:37 pm,
(07 May 2021, 5:10 pm)Malarkey wrote As are Nexus so no coincidence the two have a close business relationship. 

I do wonder though if GCT/Nexus have an employee who has worked for both working higher up whose pulling strings for the contracts to always be awarded to the same operator as their does seem to be some bias towards other operators, you'd think they split service work more evenly amongst the independent operators so each get an equal share of whats available.
The fact is why award GCT contracts if they can't run them

They got handed the Ferry Replacement contract. Who ran it. L&B

They have the SNS contract. Who's running it L&B

Gct as of late seem to win so much work that they don't have the drivers
07 May 2021, 6:50 pm,
Nexus Tenders - May 2021
(07 May 2021, 5:10 pm)Malarkey wrote As are Nexus so no coincidence the two have a close business relationship. 

You been watching too much Line of Duty, Malarkey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07 May 2021, 7:42 pm,
(07 May 2021, 6:50 pm)Dan wrote You been watching too much Line of Duty, Malarkey?

I've actually never watched line of duty, on my to watchlist but watched similar programmes in the past.

I bet I'm not far off with what I've said though!
07 May 2021, 7:43 pm,

Yep,can't argue with that
Kind Regards
Tez
07 May 2021, 8:52 pm,

An interesting theory and possibly one worthy of further investigation.

As someone who is not familiar with the workings of GCT and whose reputation I can only gauge by comments on this forum, are GCT really that corrupt?

Is there someone in the upper echelons of the Nexus hierarchy (possibly going by the codename of 'H') who could orchestrate bids and award contracts without going through the proper channels?

I don't know the answers, Mr Malarkey, but I do know that you used to be some sort of Chief Detective (NEBCD) during my last visits to the forum circa 2013. Perhaps it's time to dust off the deerstalker hat and magnifying glass to discover more?
07 May 2021, 10:49 pm,

It’s dangerous for Nexus to load so many contracts with wafer thin margins onto one operator. Should GCT come into difficulties, financial or operational (public enquiries) they could very suddenly be without operators for a lot of routes. The GHA collapse was very damaging for tendered routes in Cheshire, North Wales & Shropshire.
08 May 2021, 4:54 am,
Nexus Tenders - May 2021
(07 May 2021, 10:49 pm)James101 wrote It’s dangerous for Nexus to load so many contracts with wafer thin margins onto one operator. Should GCT come into difficulties, financial or operational (public enquiries) they could very suddenly be without operators for a lot of routes. The GHA collapse was very damaging for tendered routes in Cheshire, North Wales & Shropshire.

Indeed. Gateshead Central Taxis almost have the monopoly on tendered bus routes (excluding scholars) in Tyne & Wear now. It’s quite scary.

I noticed two separate contracts running to Team Valley did not operate yesterday, and I bet the K1/K2 had lost mileage for a considerable period of time too (or another service would’ve, if they did provide a replacement bus on that contract after the thermal incident took place).

08 May 2021, 6:41 am,
Would it not be smart of nexus to limit the amount of tenders (except scholars) with each operator so that in the event that GCT runs into issues such as those mentioned above nexus won't have to rush to tender so many and also there will be no bias (or what may look like bias) to one operator as the contracts will be evenly shared out between all operators.
08 May 2021, 6:59 am,
Playing devil's advocate ( and no i don't work for Nexus or GCT) haven't other bus companies in the regions won contacts then got another company to do them? Im thinking metro replacement?

Also, as a tax payer I like to See value for money. No one is excusing not running the route correctly bus as has been mentioned on here, and from first hand experience they are not the only company to do it! Maybe the reason they get so many is the fact that nexus haven't got the cash to pay Arriva. Gne ect 2,3 or4 times what GCT do it for. Maybe the big 3 could run these services commercially if they think GCT are doing a bad job rather then just running when the make megabucks for shareholder/the german transport network