Menu

Pages (19)    1 2 3 419   
MurdnunoC   17 Mar 2014, 9:47 pm
(17 Mar 2014, 9:43 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote What are you trying to say like? Wink

A touch of the old Milli Vanilli springs to mind.
Michael   24 Mar 2014, 7:26 am
Abba... that is all lol

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jimmi   24 Mar 2014, 9:47 am
(24 Mar 2014, 7:26 am)Michael wrote Abba... that is all lol

I was at a gig at Newcastle O2 Academy the other week and they had Abba Gold on before the first act came on.
Dan   25 Mar 2014, 7:29 am
Can't remember how I came across him again, but Sean Paul's old songs. Was annoying everyone in school yesterday by playing the likes of "Get Busy" and "Temperature"..!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   26 Mar 2014, 6:45 pm
Want to go and see Kylie Minogue in Newcastle this year!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   06 Apr 2014, 7:40 pm

Haven't heard this in year's!!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   06 Apr 2014, 7:56 pm
(06 Apr 2014, 7:40 pm)Michael wrote

When is your birthday Michael?
A few of us are going to club together and take you to 'music taste' lessons as a present from the forum :p

Only joking. You have a wide taste in music though - not many people will have Celine Dion and Scooter amongst their favourites!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   06 Apr 2014, 8:00 pm
(06 Apr 2014, 7:56 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote When is your birthday Michael?
A few of us are going to club together and take you to 'music taste' lessons as a present from the forum :p

Only joking. You have a wide taste in music though - not many people will have Celine Dion and Scooter amongst their favourites!

Good Friday this year!!! Tongue

I know i have a variety of music taste and some which defiantly don't go together at all!

Not sure why haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   06 Apr 2014, 8:03 pm
(06 Apr 2014, 7:40 pm)Michael wrote

Having flashbacks to when I was in school when everyone was blasting this out, while I was sat with my MP3 turned up loud listening to Maxïmo Park and The Killers.
Adrian   06 Apr 2014, 8:04 pm
(06 Apr 2014, 7:40 pm)Michael wrote Haven't heard this in year's!!

Scooooooter! haha :p I think everyone in my age group used to listen to this stuff back in school. One of my favourites was always this:-

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Dan   07 Apr 2014, 8:31 am
(06 Apr 2014, 8:00 pm)Michael wrote Good Friday this year!!! Tongue

I know i have a variety of music taste and some which defiantly don't go together at all!

Not sure why haha

I'm the same. No set taste in music at all - I like just about everything.

Still addicted to the #selfie song. I think we're using it as a basis for our leavers assembly (tradition in our school for Year 11 to do a leavers assembly) - we're going to take a shitload of selfies and have them playing to the beat of the song.

Don't know what we're gonna do for the other 6 or so minutes mind, but y'know!
Tommy Simms   09 Apr 2014, 9:16 pm
I was listening to Gangnam Style earlier, courtesy of the neighbours. I'm now listening to Far East Movement - Rattle. Very annoying!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   11 Apr 2014, 11:30 am
Don't normally listen to it, but on the Chris Evans show on Radio 2, they were interviewing Steve Lamaq (sp) about it being 20years since Kurt Cobain died and it being the start of the britpop era.

Used to love the music around that period, not only the dance stuff, but the britpop and indie stuff too.
They summed it up, by saying around that time and over the next 4/5 years, everything seemed to be on the up and there was a sense of freedom around then, including the music.

Looking back, it was a good time. The tories were on their way to being voted out, everyone seemed to have a few quid in their pocket, the recession of a few years previous had ended, the music scene was full of proper bands, proper musicians, there was the Euro 96 tournament and Newcastle were storming up the Premier League.
There was some cracking stuff on the telly too.

The music was great though, from the acid rave dance stuff in the early 90s, to the indie britpop stuff in the middle and then the trance of the late 90s.

MurdnunoC   11 Apr 2014, 12:20 pm
I was listening to my 'From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah' album just the other day although not because of the twentieth anniversary of the death of Kurt Cobain - just a mere coincidence.

The 90s was a funny decade. For me, I'll remember it fondly as it contained my formative years but I often wonder how it will be perceived by the disaffected.

I'm actually looking forward to the 90s revival when it properly kicks in over the next decade or so. But how much of it will be rose-tainted?
Andreos1   11 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm
(11 Apr 2014, 12:20 pm)AdamY wrote I was listening to my 'From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah' album just the other day although not because of the twentieth anniversary of the death of Kurt Cobain - just a mere coincidence.

The 90s was a funny decade. For me, I'll remember it fondly as it contained my formative years but I often wonder how it will be perceived by the disaffected.

I'm actually looking forward to the 90s revival when it properly kicks in over the next decade or so. But how much of it will be rose-tainted?

That's for another thread Wink

As for the revival, it seems to have started already.
Towards the end of last year, a lot of music in the charts seemed to be inspired by 90s stuff and whenever there is a 'retro metro' or 'old skool classics' thing on the radio these days, it tends to be from those 10 years.

It seems the majority of Radio 2 presenters on the air these days are the hip young things from Radio 1 - Chris Evans, Sarah Cox et al.

Lets just hope Grimmy vanishes like Chris Moyles has done though Big Grin

MurdnunoC   11 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm
(11 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote It seems the majority of Radio 2 presenters on the air these days are the hip young things from Radio 1 - Chris Evans, Sarah Cox et al.

Lets just hope Grimmy vanishes like Chris Moyles has done though Big Grin

I never understood the appeal of Chris Moyles - to me, he just wasn't that funny or entertaining but I guess the ratings told another story. I liked Comedy Dave though.

Jo Whiley is on Radio 2 now isn't she? - I used to enjoy her show on Radio 1. I used to like Sarah Cox, although she became more of a fill-in presenter rather than one with a highlighted show.

Has Chris Evans ever been a 'hip, young thing'? - Influential, yes. But he's always looked the same age in my opinion. I've never thought of him as young.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   11 Apr 2014, 1:42 pm
(11 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm)AdamY wrote I never understood the appeal of Chris Moyles - to me, he just wasn't that funny or entertaining but I guess the ratings told another story. I liked Comedy Dave though.

Jo Whiley is on Radio 2 now isn't she? - I used to enjoy her show on Radio 1. I used to like Sarah Cox, although she became more of a fill-in presenter rather than one with a highlighted show.

Has Chris Evans ever been a 'hip, young thing'? - Influential, yes. But he's always looked the same age in my opinion. I've never thought of him as young.

Yeah, maybe you are right about Chris Evans. Maybe he just hung about with the hip, young things and knew what made them tick, with his radio shows, or on TV with TFI Friday and DFYT.

Used to like Sarah Cox. Thought she was quite humorous. Wasn't struck with Jo Whiley during the morning shows, but liked her when she first came out alongside Steve Lamaq and wasn't as pretentious (or come across as too pretentious anyway).

MurdnunoC   11 Apr 2014, 3:26 pm
(11 Apr 2014, 1:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Yeah, maybe you are right about Chris Evans. Maybe he just hung about with the hip, young things and knew what made them tick, with his radio shows, or on TV with TFI Friday and DFYT.

I always thought his presenting style was a bizarre mish-mash of the old 'Smashey & Nicey' Radio Roadshow-era combined with the more risqué direction that you'd see on television shows like 'The Word'. However, he was (and is) entertaining and he did manage to bag a teenage Billy Piper despite being close to twice her age at the time.
Andreos1   11 Apr 2014, 8:16 pm
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwVhSClB74

Been meaning to share this tune.
Love it.

Adrian   11 Apr 2014, 11:05 pm
(11 Apr 2014, 8:16 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwVhSClB74

Been meaning to share this tune.
Love it.

It's ok, but it's a bit too housey for my liking.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   12 Apr 2014, 6:48 am
(11 Apr 2014, 11:05 pm)aureolin wrote It's ok, but it's a bit too housey for my liking.

What you mean 'too housey' Wink. Cant get housey enough man.

On a different note, it appears Metro gave picked up on the Britpop thing too - http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/11/nine-of-th...l-4696346/

edit and again today http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/13/nine-thing...p-4696887/

Dan   13 Apr 2014, 10:36 am
Really liking Of Monsters and Men as of late.
Dan   14 Apr 2014, 11:10 am

Throwback and a half for me, this one.
Michael   14 Apr 2014, 11:11 am
(14 Apr 2014, 11:10 am)Dan wrote

Throwback and a half for me, this one.

haven't heard this song a while, that video though hahaha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   14 Apr 2014, 11:14 am
(14 Apr 2014, 11:11 am)Michael wrote haven't heard this song a while, that video though hahaha

It's the video which hooked me as a kid, I think! I hadn't heard it for ages but there are some builders coming to mine today and I was using a cardboard box to transport some stuff out of the room they'll be in.

I suddenly remembered that song - so Googled 'cardboard woman in a cardboard world song'... Sure enough it came up!
Michael   14 Apr 2014, 11:15 am
(14 Apr 2014, 11:14 am)Dan wrote It's the video which hooked me as a kid, I think! I hadn't heard it for ages but there are some builders coming to mine today and I was using a cardboard box to transport some stuff out of the room they'll be in.

I suddenly remembered that song - so Googled 'cardboard woman in a cardboard world song'... Sure enough it came up!

haha who would of thought that moving stuff would of brought a song up you haven't heard for ages

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   14 Apr 2014, 11:19 am
(14 Apr 2014, 11:15 am)Michael wrote haha who would of thought that moving stuff would of brought a song up you haven't heard for ages

The feeling was immense when some randomer in our little group put Scooter - "Jumping All Over The World" on the other day, and a few of my mates and I jumped up and started doing the dance.

Reminded me of the primary school discos. Tongue
Michael   14 Apr 2014, 11:20 am
(14 Apr 2014, 11:19 am)Dan wrote The feeling was immense when some randomer in our little group put Scooter - "Jumping All Over The World" on the other day, and a few of my mates and I jumped up and started doing the dance.

Reminded me of the primary school discos. Tongue

Tongue, used to love the 90's school discos, all i ever did was spend my time eating hotdogs and sweets haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   14 Apr 2014, 11:24 am
(14 Apr 2014, 11:20 am)Michael wrote Tongue, used to love the 90's school discos, all i ever did was spend my time eating hotdogs and sweets haha

Same. I remember when they let Year 6s man one of the sweet stall things in their final year in school.
They put me on one for a bit, and I think I ate most of the sweets free of charge - on the basis that it was my stall. Tongue

The hotdogs were the boy mind. Still remember them costing 50p and the teacher who used to do it every year was obsessed with Primark and shoes.
Michael   14 Apr 2014, 11:29 am
(14 Apr 2014, 11:24 am)Dan wrote Same. I remember when they let Year 6s man one of the sweet stall things in their final year in school.
They put me on one for a bit, and I think I ate most of the sweets free of charge - on the basis that it was my stall. Tongue

The hotdogs were the boy mind. Still remember them costing 50p and the teacher who used to do it every year was obsessed with Primark and shoes.

lmao - the teacher who used to do it every year was obsessed with Primark and shoes. - that's true.

Which Primary School did u go to?

I went to Broadway Junior school

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (19)    1 2 3 419