Menu

Pages (100)    130 31 32100   
Jimmi   10 May 2015, 9:01 pm
(10 May 2015, 8:55 pm)Malarkey wrote Lass called Diane Young on Flickr cropped my photo of (YJ62 FLD) on the 73 and reuploaded on her account, can only assume she may of been the driver of the vehicle on that day.

My Photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/15129088445/

The error code was due to her deleting the image off the account as requested, lucky I managed a print screen attached below.

This is just making me think of the Vampire Weekend song of the same name [emoji1]

Sadly your not the only one who has had to ask for a lifted photo to be removed from Flickr today.
Malarkey   10 May 2015, 9:11 pm
(10 May 2015, 9:01 pm)Jimmi wrote This is just making me think of the Vampire Weekend song of the same name [emoji1]

Sadly your not the only one who has had to ask for a lifted photo to be removed from Flickr today.

Wasnt by the same person was it Jimmi.
Jimmi   10 May 2015, 9:18 pm
(10 May 2015, 9:11 pm)Malarkey wrote Wasnt by the same person was it Jimmi.
No.
Malarkey   10 May 2015, 9:58 pm
The woman who used on Flickr as just commented on my photo asking me to remove it, as she did not give me permission to do so and because she finds it offensive, she also requested that I do not take or upload anymore photos of her driving Buses.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   10 May 2015, 10:08 pm
(10 May 2015, 9:58 pm)Malarkey wrote The woman who used on Flickr as just commented on my photo asking me to remove it, as she did not give me permission to do so and because she finds it offensive, she also requested that I do not take or upload anymore photos of her driving Buses.

Not sure what to do about that.

It's rather poor the way GCT seem to be reacting to us enthusiasts, let's not forget Mr. Fast Cars and Fast Women [emoji1]
Dan   10 May 2015, 10:13 pm
She amused me somewhat to start with, now she's just tiring me.

I'm half expecting the boyfriend (who had already commented before her) to pipe up next.
Dan   10 May 2015, 10:20 pm
I hope she received permission to take a photograph of the bus that she has uploaded to her Flickr photostream - it has a visible bus driver in it, after all...

[Image: 17498522332_545cb97649.jpg]Untitled by dianne young, on Flickr
Adrian   10 May 2015, 10:24 pm
Behaviour of Nexus sub-contractors brought into question again. It's not the first driver from this particular operator that seems to take issue to people photographing the bus they're driving.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   10 May 2015, 10:24 pm
(10 May 2015, 10:20 pm)Dan wrote I hope she received permission to take a photograph of the bus that she has uploaded to her Flickr photostream - it has a visible bus driver in it, after all...

[Image: 17498522332_545cb97649.jpg]Untitled by dianne young, on Flickr
Well that destroys her argument completely.

Can someone post a link to Malarkey's photo so I can keep up with the comments.
Malarkey   10 May 2015, 10:26 pm
(10 May 2015, 10:24 pm)Jimmi wrote Well that destroys her argument completely.

Can someone post a link to Malarkey's photo so I can keep up with the comments.
There you go Jimmi
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/15129088445/
Jimmi   10 May 2015, 10:43 pm
(10 May 2015, 9:58 pm)Malarkey wrote The woman who used on Flickr as just commented on my photo asking me to remove it, as she did not give me permission to do so and because she finds it offensive, she also requested that I do not take or upload anymore photos of her driving Buses.
This may be terrible but think of the views this photo is now going to get.
Malarkey   10 May 2015, 10:46 pm
(10 May 2015, 10:43 pm)Jimmi wrote This may be terrible but think of the views this photo is now going to get.

Had 62 Views so far today, 993 Views in total.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   10 May 2015, 10:51 pm
Trying to move away from this Driver thing, the new Flickr (As Dan previously stated) Flickr is being an Arse (sorry for the language)
Adam   10 May 2015, 11:54 pm
(10 May 2015, 8:05 pm)Michael wrote I went over on my research project by 500 words (3500 words for it), it was impossible for me to keep to the word limit, so much you have to put in.

Wouldn't worry about going over on it, just dont tell them haha
(10 May 2015, 8:43 pm)MurdnunoC wrote ...And then you risk getting marked-down by an over-zealous teacher, lecturer or professor. Believe me it happens - especially when submitting work through whichever plagiarism software your institution decides to employ.

They may be cumbersome but word-counts exist for a reason. Being concise is an important skill to master in this day and age. Impressions are made in matter of minutes. If you are able to condense an idea or proposal into a one-page document - it's more likely to be read.

Exactly what Adam said. We're allowed +/- 10%, so between 2,700 and 3,300. If we're under/over that, then we get a 10% penalty. So for example, if I get a mark of 80, but wrote 3,400 words, then I would only end up with a mark of 72 with the penalty applied. It can make the difference between a 1st and a 2:1, or a 2:1 or a 2:2 and so on.
Kuyoyo   11 May 2015, 7:48 am
Stockton Flaming Council

They are presently putting retractable bollards in at the High Street end of Yarm Lane (where the Darlington-bound X66 stops) and all warning notices prior to the weekend said the next two Sundays only.

And guess what - Monday morning and the road's still shut as while the bollards are in place, where they have been placed is presently awaiting tarmacking for 2/3 of the road's width so it's closed off, leaving confusion abound for people waiting for the X66.
Michael   11 May 2015, 7:55 am
(11 May 2015, 7:48 am)Kuyoyo wrote Stockton Flaming Council

They are presently putting retractable bollards in at the High Street end of Yarm Lane (where the Darlington-bound X66 stops) and all warning notices prior to the weekend said the next two Sundays only.

And guess what - Monday morning and the road's still shut as while the bollards are in place, where they have been placed is presently awaiting tarmacking for 2/3 of the road's width so it's closed off, leaving confusion abound for people waiting for the X66.

Thats just typical of the council though....-.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   11 May 2015, 12:15 pm
Just to note, could I ask that nobody makes any further comments on my photo in response to Diane, issue is now being dealt with.
Jimmi   11 May 2015, 12:18 pm
(11 May 2015, 12:15 pm)Malarkey wrote Just to note, could I ask that nobody makes any further comments on my photo in response to Diane, issue is now being dealt with.
Just a suggestion but how about disabling the comments on that photo.
Rapidsnap   11 May 2015, 3:35 pm
(11 May 2015, 12:15 pm)Malarkey wrote Just to note, could I ask that nobody makes any further comments on my photo in response to Diane, issue is now being dealt with.

Positive outcome hopefully.

I do feel the situation could have been handled better by both sides rather then resort to having jibes towards each other. I've been asked by drivers in the past if they could use my photos of them driving, and 100% of the time, I say sure, I send you a copy of the photo (with hidden watermarks in it of course).

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Malarkey   11 May 2015, 3:46 pm
(11 May 2015, 3:35 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Positive outcome hopefully.

I do feel the situation could have been handled better by both sides rather then resort to having jibes towards each other. I've been asked by drivers in the past if they could use my photos of them driving, and 100% of the time, I say sure, I send you a copy of the photo (with hidden watermarks in it of course).

Had she of asked if she could use the photo by sending me a Flickrmail or something then I wouldnt of had an issue, then this problem wouldnt of escalated to the level that it has, whereby I have had to make a formal complaint to Nexus regarding this GCT Driver.

Hadnt originally thought about it, But I hope she is aware of the Social Media Policy in which GCT should have in place as with any company is all I have to say.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   11 May 2015, 4:26 pm
# mobile rings.

Me: Hello.

Call centre: Hello, our records indicate that you have had an accident through no fault of your own in the last two years.

Then I hang up.

Sick of them calling me, hope there is a function to block numbers on this phone.
S813 FVK   11 May 2015, 4:37 pm
(11 May 2015, 3:46 pm)Malarkey wrote Had she of asked if she could use the photo by sending me a Flickrmail or something then I wouldnt of had an issue, then this problem wouldnt of escalated to the level that it has, whereby I have had to make a formal complaint to Nexus regarding this GCT Driver.

Hadnt originally thought about it, But I hope she is aware of the Social Media Policy in which GCT should have in place as with any company is all I have to say.

Good on you. The fact that it's alright for her to say that we are "disgusting absolute disgrace" but not ok for you to take a photo of a bus is an absolute disgrace in itself. The 'dam cheek' she has just shown to everybody there...

I'm sure you will but please don't remove the photo until you are told to do so by a higher ranked member (which i seriously doubt you will be told to).
MrFozz   11 May 2015, 4:39 pm

(11 May 2015, 3:46 pm)Malarkey wrote Had she of asked if she could use the photo by sending me a Flickrmail or something then I wouldnt of had an issue, then this problem wouldnt of escalated to the level that it has, whereby I have had to make a formal complaint to Nexus regarding this GCT Driver.

What have I missed...I always miss it when it kicks off Big Grin
S813 FVK   11 May 2015, 4:40 pm
(11 May 2015, 4:39 pm)MrFozz wrote What have I missed...I always miss it when it kicks off Big Grin

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/15129088445/ 

the way she makes herself look like a total knob is hilarious Big Grin 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   11 May 2015, 4:49 pm
(11 May 2015, 4:40 pm)Robert wrote https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/15129088445/ 

the way she makes herself look like a total knob is hilarious Big Grin 
New need for that like...

All she had to do was say 'please take it down' and sure he would of...

In the past I have took photos and had someone ask me not to publish, which I will if asked politely...

The part where she says something like 'What you do if I took a pic of you and claimed I was taking pics of trees and pavements' that alone made my day Big Grin

Some people just need to grow up Wink
MurdnunoC   11 May 2015, 5:00 pm
(11 May 2015, 4:49 pm)MrFozz wrote New need for that like...

All she had to do was say 'please take it down' and sure he would of...

In the past I have took photos and had someone ask me not to publish, which I will if asked politely...

The part where she says something like 'What you do if I took a pic of you  and claimed I was taking pics of trees and pavements' that alone made my day Big Grin

Some people just need to grow up Wink

As Gary has already pointed out, both sides could have handled the situation better. 

If some people need to grow up, as you state, then that advice needs to be applied to both camps - not just the one you happen to favour. 
MrFozz   11 May 2015, 5:03 pm
(11 May 2015, 5:00 pm)MurdnunoC wrote As Gary has already pointed out, both sides could have handled the situation better. 

If some people need to grow up, as you state, then that advice needs to be applied to both camps - not just the one you happen to favour. 
Point Taken buddy Smile

And I don't favour one side over the other
omnicity4659   11 May 2015, 5:23 pm
Someone has just commented on one of my websites wanting access to a website that I've made private... guess what?! He has blocked me from his website.

Can I not get any sleep at 10 at night?!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   11 May 2015, 5:47 pm
(11 May 2015, 5:00 pm)MurdnunoC wrote As Gary has already pointed out, both sides could have handled the situation better. 

Admittedly I perhaps shouldnt of said she should take career change and become a toilet attendent at Park Lane Interchange, was quite rude of me looking back at it, although it was a tongue and cheek comment at the time.

I would like to think by not making any further comments today on the Photo, and by forwarding a complaint to Nexus that I have been the bigger person and more of a grown up than what she has been.
MrFozz   11 May 2015, 6:10 pm
(11 May 2015, 5:47 pm)Malarkey wrote Admittedly I perhaps shouldnt of said she should take career change and become a toilet attendent at Park Lane Interchange, was quite rude of me looking back at it, although it was a tongue and cheek comment at the time.

I would like to think by not making any further comments today on the Photo, and by forwarding a complaint to Nexus that I have been the bigger person and more of a grown up than what she has been.

Fair play to you for taking a step back mate [emoji14]
Pages (100)    130 31 32100