Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
|
Go North East: Major Service Changes July 2022
14 Jun 2022, 2:24 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:17 pm)Drifter60 wrote East Durham area changes; the 62A and the one journey each way X62 will remain, both under tender by DCC. Can’t see anyone other then GNE going for the 62A, hopefully DCC renumber it the 208 again otherwise there’ll be a 62A and no 62!

In the Peterlee area the 55, 62, 62A and X62 are all withdrawn under the Go North East proposals.

The X1 will continue at 2 buses per hour.

In response we will secure a replacement 62A but departure times will likely change from the present timetable. We will also negotiate a contract with Go North East to extend 1 journey per hour on service 61 from Murton to Peterlee via Easington Lane and South Hetton (connecting at Peterlee with the retimed 62A). The intention here is to preserve some key links but frequencies through South Hetton will be reduced.

We will secure a replacement X62, same route and times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 Jun 2022, 2:26 pm,
RE: Go North East: Major Service Changes July 2022
(14 Jun 2022, 1:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote There's some good points in here, but the key to it all is the commercial team.
Why aren't they working on new opportunities? Why aren't they identifying new routes? Why aren't they looking at the changing travel patterns we keep hearing about and changing the routes, rather than culling them?

Get in! I've crossed off 'commercial team' on my Andreos1 bingo card for 14 June 2022!

I wonder when we'll get 'titivating' - I don't think that's appeared in today's round of bingo?

(14 Jun 2022, 1:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote Don't drop it on the way though! There's gonna be another operator sniffing about looking for that loose change.

Exploit opportunities, surely?
14 Jun 2022, 2:26 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:17 pm)Drifter60 wrote East Durham area changes; the 62A and the one journey each way X62 will remain, both under tender by DCC. Can’t see anyone other then GNE going for the 62A, hopefully DCC renumber it the 208 again otherwise there’ll be a 62A and no 62!

Keep it as 62A and not 208 as it will confuse the passengers

14 Jun 2022, 2:28 pm,
Where did you find this out?
14 Jun 2022, 2:33 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:26 pm)Dan wrote Get in! I've crossed off 'commercial team' on my Andreos1 bingo card for 14 June 2022!

I wonder when we'll get 'titivating' - I don't think that's appeared in today's round of bingo?

Damn. I had 'exploiting the gaps' and was waiting on 'commercial team' for a line. The full-house is still all to play for - 'titavating' is on my card too.

50 NEB Points to you.
14 Jun 2022, 2:42 pm,
Route Descriptions and Proposed timetables for services 81 and 82:

Service 81 operating Daily Evenings and Sundays:

Daily evenings: From Washington Galleries bus station, via access road, Castle Road, Cambrian Way, Malvern Road, Hambleton Road, Ayton Road, Dunlin Drive, Dunnock Drive, Crowther Road, Emerson Interchange, Birtley Road, Vigo Lane, Bedford Avenue, The Drive, Kirkstone, Coniston, Ennerdale, Windermere, Thirlmere, Portobello, Birtley Lane, Portmeads Road, Fell Bank, Birtley Lane, Harras Bank, Durham Road, Birtley Lane, Mount Pleasant Road, A1231, Foxpond Roundabout, Rockcliffe Way, Wrekenton Row, High Street, Spingwell Road, Waverley Road, Harlow Green Lane, Hertford, Chowdene Bank, Durham Road, High West Street, to Gateshead Interchange.

Sunday daytime: From Sunderland Park Lane Interchange via Mary Street, Albion Place, Green Terrace, Chester Road, St Michael's Way, Silksworth Row, Trimdon Street, Pallion New Road,  Queen Alexandra Bridge, Alexandra Avenue, Hylton Park Road, Timber Beech Road, Colima Avenue, Dene Road, Castle View, East View, Chaffinch Road, Ethel Terrace, Grange Road, Ringway, Ferryboat lane, A1231 Wessington Way, A1231 Sunderland Highway, Pattinson Road, Mandarin Way, turn at Waterview Park roundabout, Mandarin Way, Pattison Road, A195 Northumberland Highway, Station Road, Swan Road, Barmston Court, Station Road, A195 Northumberland Way, Emmerson Terrace, Glebe Crescent, Village Lane, Abbey Road, Parkway, access road, Washington Retail Park, access road, Washington Galleries bus station, access road, Castle Road, Cambrian Way, Malvern Road, Hambleton Road, Ayton Road, Dunlin Drive, Dunnock Drive, Crowther Road, Emerson Interchange, Birtley Road, Vigo Lane, Bedford Avenue, The Drive, Kirkstone, Coniston, Ennerdale, Windermere, Thirlmere, Portobello, Birtley Lane, Portmeads Road, Fell Bank, Birtley Lane, Harras Bank, Durham Road, Birtley Lane, Mount Pleasant Road, A1231, Foxpond Roundabout, Rockcliffe Way, Wrekenton Row, High Street, Spingwell Road, Waverley Road, Harlow Green Lane, Hertford, Chowdene Bank, Durham Road, High West Street, to Gateshead Interchange.

Service 82 operating Monday to Saturday daytime:

From Barmston Court via Station Road, A195 Northumberland Way, Emmerson Terrace, Glebe Crescent, Village Lane, Abbey Road, Parkway, access Road, Washington Retail Park, access road, Washington Galleries bus station, access road, Castle Road, Cambrian Way, Malvern Road, Hambleton Road, Ayton Road, Dunlin Drive, Dunnock Drive, Crowther Road, Emerson Interchange, Birtley Road, Vigo Lane, Bedford Avenue, The Drive, Kirkstone, Coniston, Ennerdale, Windermere, Thirlmere, Portobello, Birtley Lane, Portmeads Road, Mount Pleasant Road, Birtley Lane, Harras Bank, Durham Road, Station Lane, Ravensworth Road, Elisabeth Avenue, Lansbury Drive, Windsor Road, Durham Road, Long Bank, High Street, Old Durham Road, Sheriffs Highway, Old Durham Road, High West Street to Gateshead Interchange.

*Operates a limited stop service between Wrekenton and Gateshead Interchange stopping ONLY at stop for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Attached Files
.pdf   81 TT.pdf (Size 213.97 KB / Downloads 72)
.pdf   82 TT.pdf (Size 168.66 KB / Downloads 48)
14 Jun 2022, 2:44 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:24 pm)cbma06 wrote In the Peterlee area the 55, 62, 62A and X62 are all withdrawn under the Go North East proposals.

The X1 will continue at 2 buses per hour.

In response we will secure a replacement 62A but departure times will likely change from the present timetable. We will also negotiate a contract with Go North East to extend 1 journey per hour on service 61 from Murton to Peterlee via Easington Lane and South Hetton (connecting at Peterlee with the retimed 62A). The intention here is to preserve some key links but frequencies through South Hetton will be reduced.

We will secure a replacement X62, same route and times.

Service 61 could also be diverted via Leechmere Asda and Ashbrooke in Sunderland on an evening and Sunday , to compensate for loss of service 38/38C.
14 Jun 2022, 2:51 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:44 pm)Economic505 wrote Service 61 could also be diverted via Leechmere Asda and Ashbrooke in Sunderland on an evening and Sunday , to compensate for loss of service 38/38C.
There is no reason for the 61 to go the current way from Sunderland to Ryhope, go to Grangetown, turn up past B&M, go to Asda, then go through Hill View, join Queen Alexandria Road, then into the Interchange (adds connections to Dalton Park/Newcastle/Washington/Peterlee)
14 Jun 2022, 2:53 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:26 pm)Dan wrote Get in! I've crossed off 'commercial team' on my Andreos1 bingo card for 14 June 2022!

Exploit opportunities, surely?
Hope you don't have low height decker on that bingo card. You've been sold a dud if you have.

Will see if I can get that other word in before the day is out. Anything else on your 'Andreos1 bingo card'? Will see what I can do to make sure you get that full house.

I'd like to try and make it relevant to buses, but 'full bus' instead of full house doesn't really work does it.
Probably a bit bad taste, all things considered.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
14 Jun 2022, 2:57 pm,

Arriva could go for it to be fair. It duplicates the 22/23 quite heavily so it would be in their best interest to have a monopoly in Easington Colliery.

Didn't GNE take them on commercially in the past since they lost them to Arriva anyway?
14 Jun 2022, 2:58 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:57 pm)Storx wrote Arriva could go for it to be fair. It duplicates the 22/23 quite heavily so it would be in their best interest to have a monopoly in Easington Colliery.

Didn't GNE take them on commercially in the past since they lost them to Arriva anyway?
22/23 aren't exactly the best run services at the moment.
14 Jun 2022, 2:59 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:53 pm)Andreos1 wrote Hope you don't have low height decker on that bingo card. You've been sold a dud if you have.

Will see if I can get that other word in before the day is out. Anything else on your 'Andreos1 bingo card'? Will see what I can do to make sure you get that full house.

I'd like to try and make it relevant to buses, but 'full bus' instead of full house doesn't really work does it.
Probably a bit bad taste, all things considered.

Here you go... The Andreos1 Bingo Bonanza!

.png   bingo.png (Size 21.32 KB / Downloads 19)

I'm sure I'm not the only player - other cards may exist. Everyone is after those elusive #NEBPoints!
14 Jun 2022, 3:03 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:42 pm)peter wrote Route Descriptions and Proposed timetables for services 81 and 82:

Service 81 operating Daily Evenings and Sundays:

Daily evenings: From Washington Galleries bus station, via access road, Castle Road, Cambrian Way, Malvern Road, Hambleton Road, Ayton Road, Dunlin Drive, Dunnock Drive, Crowther Road, Emerson Interchange, Birtley Road, Vigo Lane, Bedford Avenue, The Drive, Kirkstone, Coniston, Ennerdale, Windermere, Thirlmere, Portobello, Birtley Lane, Portmeads Road, Fell Bank, Birtley Lane, Harras Bank, Durham Road, Birtley Lane, Mount Pleasant Road, A1231, Foxpond Roundabout, Rockcliffe Way, Wrekenton Row, High Street, Spingwell Road, Waverley Road, Harlow Green Lane, Hertford, Chowdene Bank, Durham Road, High West Street, to Gateshead Interchange.

Sunday daytime: From Sunderland Park Lane Interchange via Mary Street, Albion Place, Green Terrace, Chester Road, St Michael's Way, Silksworth Row, Trimdon Street, Pallion New Road,  Queen Alexandra Bridge, Alexandra Avenue, Hylton Park Road, Timber Beech Road, Colima Avenue, Dene Road, Castle View, East View, Chaffinch Road, Ethel Terrace, Grange Road, Ringway, Ferryboat lane, A1231 Wessington Way, A1231 Sunderland Highway, Pattinson Road, Mandarin Way, turn at Waterview Park roundabout, Mandarin Way, Pattison Road, A195 Northumberland Highway, Station Road, Swan Road, Barmston Court, Station Road, A195 Northumberland Way, Emmerson Terrace, Glebe Crescent, Village Lane, Abbey Road, Parkway, access road, Washington Retail Park, access road, Washington Galleries bus station, access road, Castle Road, Cambrian Way, Malvern Road, Hambleton Road, Ayton Road, Dunlin Drive, Dunnock Drive, Crowther Road, Emerson Interchange, Birtley Road, Vigo Lane, Bedford Avenue, The Drive, Kirkstone, Coniston, Ennerdale, Windermere, Thirlmere, Portobello, Birtley Lane, Portmeads Road, Fell Bank, Birtley Lane, Harras Bank, Durham Road, Birtley Lane, Mount Pleasant Road, A1231, Foxpond Roundabout, Rockcliffe Way, Wrekenton Row, High Street, Spingwell Road, Waverley Road, Harlow Green Lane, Hertford, Chowdene Bank, Durham Road, High West Street, to Gateshead Interchange.

Service 82 operating Monday to Saturday daytime:

From Barmston Court via Station Road, A195 Northumberland Way, Emmerson Terrace, Glebe Crescent, Village Lane, Abbey Road, Parkway, access Road, Washington Retail Park, access road, Washington Galleries bus station, access road, Castle Road, Cambrian Way, Malvern Road, Hambleton Road, Ayton Road, Dunlin Drive, Dunnock Drive, Crowther Road, Emerson Interchange, Birtley Road, Vigo Lane, Bedford Avenue, The Drive, Kirkstone, Coniston, Ennerdale, Windermere, Thirlmere, Portobello, Birtley Lane, Portmeads Road, Mount Pleasant Road, Birtley Lane, Harras Bank, Durham Road, Station Lane, Ravensworth Road, Elisabeth Avenue, Lansbury Drive, Windsor Road, Durham Road, Long Bank, High Street, Old Durham Road, Sheriffs Highway, Old Durham Road, High West Street to Gateshead Interchange.

*Operates a limited stop service between Wrekenton and Gateshead Interchange stopping ONLY at stop for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Interesting 81 route - basically replaces the 8 on a Sunday daytime between Sunderland and Washington but now gives that link to Gateshead - shame its not 7 days a week.

Also where did you find the proposed timetables?

Edit:

81 - Evenings and Sundays
82 - Monday to Saturday - daytime
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
14 Jun 2022, 3:16 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 3:03 pm)Michael wrote Interesting 81 route - basically replaces the 8 on a Sunday daytime between Sunderland and Washington but now gives that link to Gateshead - shame its not 7 days a week.

Edit:

I was hoping it might be every 30 minutes (mon-sat daytimes) to give an even headway of 4bph Ayton-Galleries. Anybody who has just missed the 50 at on the hour has got a long wait.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
14 Jun 2022, 3:36 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 3:03 pm)Michael wrote Interesting 81 route - basically replaces the 8 on a Sunday daytime between Sunderland and Washington but now gives that link to Gateshead - shame its not 7 days a week.

Edit:

I emailed Nexus and said the description was confusing and they emailed me back with the route and timetable!
14 Jun 2022, 3:42 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 3:36 pm)peter wrote I emailed Nexus and said the description was confusing and they emailed me back with the route and timetable!

Ah nice haha.

The 39/39A/39B would be good... Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
14 Jun 2022, 3:47 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 3:42 pm)Michael wrote Ah nice haha.

The 39/39A/39B would be good...  Tongue

Nothing stopping you from making the same argument to Nexus and posting the results on here.
14 Jun 2022, 3:53 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 3:47 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Nothing stopping you from making the same argument to Nexus and posting the results on here.

Already have
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
14 Jun 2022, 5:56 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 2:59 pm)Dan wrote Here you go... The Andreos1 Bingo Bonanza!

I'm sure I'm not the only player - other cards may exist. Everyone is after those elusive #NEBPoints!
Have I ever said bells and whistles?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
14 Jun 2022, 6:18 pm,
(14 Jun 2022, 5:56 pm)Andreos1 wrote Have I ever said bells and whistles?
Should probably be something about Creating Desire or magic paint in there