Menu

Pages (37)    135 36 37
Michael   31 Aug 2013, 11:46 am
I wonder if they are getting the Solo SR changes will be made to the services, I don't really know the routes/area for the Venture but could some of them be merged to make a better bus services to up the frequency?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   31 Aug 2013, 11:47 am
(31 Aug 2013, 11:46 am)Michael wrote I wonder if they are getting the Solo SR changes will be made to the services, I don't really know the routes/area for the Venture but could some of them be merged to make a better bus services to up the frequency?

According to the old woman on the bus, no major network changes will occur. Then again, we have discussed the infamous 'minor changes' previously...
Michael   31 Aug 2013, 11:57 am
(31 Aug 2013, 11:47 am)Daniel wrote According to the old woman on the bus, no major network changes will occur. Then again, we have discussed the infamous 'minor changes' previously...

GNE will change their mind for changes we know what their like, have to keep looking on VOSA.

Daniel - Do u think the Venture services could be merged?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   31 Aug 2013, 11:58 am
Cricket Shuttle offerings today (updated throughout the day):

500 -
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   31 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 11:57 am)Michael wrote GNE will change their mind for changes we know what their like, have to keep looking on VOSA.

Daniel - Do u think the Venture services could be merged?

I personally believe the Venture network is fine... I didn't have a seat on the V2 earlier; and whilst they may not all be fare paying customers, the loadings are high enough to make a profit on services.
As most (if not all, excluding 689 which I believe is not fully commercial anyway?) services interwork, it would be difficult to change the network any further.
CatsFast101   31 Aug 2013, 1:18 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm)Daniel wrote I personally believe the Venture network is fine... I didn't have a seat on the V2 earlier; and whilst they may not all be fare paying customers, the loadings are high enough to make a profit on services.
As most (if not all, excluding 689 which I believe is not fully commercial anyway?) services interwork, it would be difficult to change the network any further.

I don't understand why all the venture services aren't listed together. The Evening 704 journeys I'd merge with the Evening 130 service. And I'd run the 130/131 as V7/V10. Simplifying the network.
Dan   31 Aug 2013, 4:03 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 11:58 am)Daniel wrote Cricket Shuttle offerings today (updated throughout the day):

500 -

Appears a few buses have gone onto other runs...

500 -

501 -
571 (assume she worked the 502 this morning but is working 501s now)
Greg in Weardale   31 Aug 2013, 4:32 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 11:23 am)Michael wrote If this is true.. please to god, Don't paint them yellow.... LOL

Solos would be ideal for Consett V numbers - paint them yellow, maroon & cream in proper Venture livery.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   31 Aug 2013, 4:53 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 4:32 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote Solos would be ideal for Consett V numbers - paint them yellow, maroon & cream in proper Venture livery.

Are the Venture mpd's younger than East Durham mpd's?, if there are younger then there probably go to Peterlee "If" the solos are going to displace the Venture mpd's. Why is it that GNE are using the Venture brand then why are there not keeping up the OK Travel brand for?.

I live in Peterlee and the East Durham Brand is horrible, I would perfered if GNE brand the East Durham bus services as Ok Travel or Ok Way (18) and have the X7 as OK Expressway or if not then just plain red Northern.

Don't know why GNE could do a deal with Arriva purchasing the bus depot at Peterlee and GNE could maintain and house the East Durham Brand services and also could house the following services: X35,X7, possible some X9/X10 buses, and possible some drifters from service 60 and 61 with journeys commencing and terminating at Peterlee on mornings and evenings.

And you never know that if this Nexus Contract comes into effect and if GNE has the ex Arriva Depot at Peterlee then GNE could start running more commercial bus services in County Durham area which may displease Arriva.

Malarkey   31 Aug 2013, 5:56 pm
Venture MPD's

(4) 51reg
(6) 52reg
(2) 55reg

East Durham MPD's

(4) 2000 Batch
(3) 51reg
(8) 52reg
(2) 53reg

I'd say there probs for East Durham
Dan   31 Aug 2013, 5:59 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 5:56 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Venture MPD's

(4) 51reg
(6) 52reg
(2) 55reg

East Durham MPD's

(4) 2000 Batch
(3) 51reg
(8) 52reg
(2) 53reg

I'd say there probs for East Durham

They are for the "Venture" network - we've had that confirmed, and locals have been told also.
I imagine the oldest "East Durham" branded vehicles will be withdrawn and replaced by "Venture" branded MPDs.

Plenty of yellow paint going spare...
busman101   31 Aug 2013, 6:06 pm
Here's one for Andreos 1 - just been on the X22 as the cricket was kicking out at the Riverside and the bus was allowed through the bit that you thought was closed. I hope you're QCS info is a bit more accurate lol ! Rolleyes
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   31 Aug 2013, 6:09 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 6:06 pm)busman101 wrote Here's one for Andreos 1 - just been on the X22 as the cricket was kicking out at the Riverside and the bus was allowed through the bit that you thought was closed. I hope you're QCS info is a bit more accurate lol ! Rolleyes

Excellent, pleased for you busman.
As with the QCS info, I just repeat what I see...
Substitute figures for highways department signs Smile
Malarkey   31 Aug 2013, 6:12 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 5:59 pm)Daniel wrote They are for the "Venture" network - we've had that confirmed, and locals have been told also.
I imagine the oldest "East Durham" branded vehicles will be withdrawn and replaced by "Venture" branded MPDs.

Plenty of yellow paint going spare...

That's good news for them then, As for the MPD's I think the 00/51reg Batch will be Withdrawn, whereas the 52/53reg will stay for a while yet, probs go Northern, I personally dislike the plain yellow MPD's dotting about.
Dan   31 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 6:12 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote That's good news for them then, As for the MPD's I think the 00/51reg Batch will be Withdrawn, whereas the 52/53reg will stay for a while yet, probs go Northern, I personally dislike the plain yellow MPD's dotting about.

There are ten X-reg MPDs remaining in the entire fleet, and I imagine GNE will want to withdraw these first.
There are ten 51/52-reg "Venture" branded MPDs.
Judging by the numbers alone, I think they'll just repaint said "Venture" branded MPDs and have them running around in plain yellow. Can't imagine GNE to give them a proper repaint and re-brand them accordingly. I'm sure they have a lot of the yellow left going spare, so for cheapness alone I'd suggest that - guess they could go Northern though.

As for the two ex-Redby 55-reg ones, I don't think it's too late for GNE to try and sell them... Could perhaps try and sell them - they've already had a repaint.
Malarkey   31 Aug 2013, 6:24 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm)Daniel wrote There are ten X-reg MPDs remaining in the entire fleet, and I imagine GNE will want to withdraw these first.
There are ten 51/52-reg "Venture" branded MPDs.
Judging by the numbers alone, I think they'll just repaint said "Venture" branded MPDs and have them running around in plain yellow. Can't imagine GNE to give them a proper repaint and re-brand them accordingly. I'm sure they have a lot of the yellow left going spare, so for cheapness alone I'd suggest that - guess they could go Northern though.

As for the two ex-Redby 55-reg ones, I don't think it's too late for GNE to try and sell them... Could perhaps try and sell them - they've already had a repaint.

I think the 52/53 reg MPD's could replace the SPD's also, leading to there withdrawl, Hence why I suggested Northern Branding
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   31 Aug 2013, 6:30 pm
Think you'll see the North Tyne Links brand get majority of the newer vehicles. Any left over will then be used to upgrade the Peterlee fleet. I wouldn't be surprised to see GNE go after contract work for the remaining spare Darts, much like 563 is utilised on the NHS contract. I'm sure they could bid low with Saltmeadows operation on a few contracts operated by other companies such as Classic...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Malarkey   31 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 6:30 pm)tyresmoke wrote Think you'll see the North Tyne Links brand get majority of the newer vehicles. Any left over will then be used to upgrade the Peterlee fleet. I wouldn't be surprised to see GNE go after contract work for the remaining spare Darts, much like 563 is utilised on the NHS contract. I'm sure they could bid low with Saltmeadows operation on a few contracts operated by other companies such as Classic...

Not a bad thought there, North Tyne Links would need 4 52/53reg MPD's to replace there current MPD's
Dan   31 Aug 2013, 8:38 pm
4993 has been sold to Alpha Recovery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77351420@N04/9637007011/

Photo credit to Sean Blair.
Malarkey   31 Aug 2013, 9:02 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 8:38 pm)Daniel wrote 4993 has been sold to Alpha Recovery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77351420@N04/9637007011/

Photo credit to Sean Blair.

Such a shame this was a cracking bus, I had an enjoyable journey on it last October on the 50 to South Shields
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   31 Aug 2013, 9:08 pm
It was a Volvo B10BLE admittedly but it had to be one of the worst examples around.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan   31 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm
I quite liked the old girl!
pcvdriver   31 Aug 2013, 9:29 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 4:53 pm)cbma06 wrote Are the Venture mpd's younger than East Durham mpd's?, if there are younger then there probably go to Peterlee "If" the solos are going to displace the Venture mpd's. Why is it that GNE are using the Venture brand then why are there not keeping up the OK Travel brand for?.

I live in Peterlee and the East Durham Brand is horrible, I would perfered if GNE brand the East Durham bus services as Ok Travel or Ok Way (18) and have the X7 as OK Expressway or if not then just plain red Northern.

Don't know why GNE could do a deal with Arriva purchasing the bus depot at Peterlee and GNE could maintain and house the East Durham Brand services and also could house the following services: X35,X7, possible some X9/X10 buses, and possible some drifters from service 60 and 61 with journeys commencing and terminating at Peterlee on mornings and evenings.

And you never know that if this Nexus Contract comes into effect and if GNE has the ex Arriva Depot at Peterlee then GNE could start running more commercial bus services in County Durham area which may displease Arriva.

The buses they have there are certainly past their best. They desperately need something doing with the entire fleet!!

The old Peterlee Arriva depot has already been taken by Caterpillar. Wonder if Go North East regret not trying hard enough to get it when they could...
pcvdriver   31 Aug 2013, 9:34 pm
Also on the thoughts of the MPD's, aren't the newer ones causing more trouble than the older x and 51 reg ones??
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   31 Aug 2013, 11:35 pm
(31 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm)Daniel wrote I quite liked the old girl!

I have fond memories of her random trips on the 28. Fantastic legroom.
Turned up on the pre hybrid 21s a fair few times too.

Then again. I liked the Optare Excels....
Pages (37)    135 36 37