Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203): Previous 136 37 38203 Next
08 Nov 2014, 3:25 pm
Can't believe this thread was 13th on the leaderboard!! I know it's a rainy Saturday afternoon, but come on!

What's made me happy today? I've just checked my two Stagecoach tickets from 27508 & 27510 and discovered some McDonalds vouchers! Stagecoach for the win!!
R852 PRG
08 Nov 2014, 3:25 pm #721

Can't believe this thread was 13th on the leaderboard!! I know it's a rainy Saturday afternoon, but come on!

What's made me happy today? I've just checked my two Stagecoach tickets from 27508 & 27510 and discovered some McDonalds vouchers! Stagecoach for the win!!

Tom
08 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm
(08 Nov 2014, 3:25 pm)Marcus Can't believe this thread was 13th on the leaderboard!! I know it's a rainy Saturday afternoon, but come on!

Yeah Stagecoach always have McDonalds vouchers. Arriva usually have Burger King.
Tom
08 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm #722

(08 Nov 2014, 3:25 pm)Marcus Can't believe this thread was 13th on the leaderboard!! I know it's a rainy Saturday afternoon, but come on!

Yeah Stagecoach always have McDonalds vouchers. Arriva usually have Burger King.

08 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm
(08 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm)Tom Yeah Stagecoach always have McDonalds vouchers. Arriva usually have Burger King.
Most of the time Arriva have McDonalds, don't usually get Burger King well not in County Durham and Darlington at least. Go North East usually have nothing.
Jimmi
08 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm #723

(08 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm)Tom Yeah Stagecoach always have McDonalds vouchers. Arriva usually have Burger King.
Most of the time Arriva have McDonalds, don't usually get Burger King well not in County Durham and Darlington at least. Go North East usually have nothing.

08 Nov 2014, 7:17 pm
(08 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm)Jimmi Most of the time Arriva have McDonalds, don't usually get Burger King well not in County Durham and Darlington at least. Go North East usually have nothing.

I use GNE over both ANE & SNE - I'd say 10-1 odds? I've never seen any sort of surprise on the back of a GNE ticket.....

Never seen a voucher on the back of an Arriva ticket - only ever been on County Durham buses, like. I assume the Northumbria tickets are different?
R852 PRG
08 Nov 2014, 7:17 pm #724

(08 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm)Jimmi Most of the time Arriva have McDonalds, don't usually get Burger King well not in County Durham and Darlington at least. Go North East usually have nothing.

I use GNE over both ANE & SNE - I'd say 10-1 odds? I've never seen any sort of surprise on the back of a GNE ticket.....

Never seen a voucher on the back of an Arriva ticket - only ever been on County Durham buses, like. I assume the Northumbria tickets are different?

08 Nov 2014, 7:20 pm
There were McDonalds tickets on a few GNE routes over the summer.

Only manged to get them twice like.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Nov 2014, 7:20 pm #725

There were McDonalds tickets on a few GNE routes over the summer.

09 Nov 2014, 10:48 am
(08 Nov 2014, 7:20 pm)Andreos1 There were McDonalds tickets on a few GNE routes over the summer.

They tend to put promotional rolls out every once in a while. Always make sure I get a couple of extra concessionary tickets lol

As for what's making me happy... Well today is the first day of my 16 days holiday Wink

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
09 Nov 2014, 10:48 am #726

(08 Nov 2014, 7:20 pm)Andreos1 There were McDonalds tickets on a few GNE routes over the summer.

They tend to put promotional rolls out every once in a while. Always make sure I get a couple of extra concessionary tickets lol

As for what's making me happy... Well today is the first day of my 16 days holiday Wink

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan
Site Administrator
09 Nov 2014, 10:54 am
(09 Nov 2014, 10:48 am)tyresmoke They tend to put promotional rolls out every once in a while. Always make sure I get a couple of extra concessionary tickets lol

In Sunderland, at least, it usually works out where there is always at least one on the go for McDonalds. When Stagecoach started doing Burger King instead of McDonalds, Go North East started with the McDonalds ones instead of having nothing.
Dan
09 Nov 2014, 10:54 am #727

(09 Nov 2014, 10:48 am)tyresmoke They tend to put promotional rolls out every once in a while. Always make sure I get a couple of extra concessionary tickets lol

In Sunderland, at least, it usually works out where there is always at least one on the go for McDonalds. When Stagecoach started doing Burger King instead of McDonalds, Go North East started with the McDonalds ones instead of having nothing.

09 Nov 2014, 11:23 am
Seeing people young and old observing the parade and minutes silence this morning

Andreos1
09 Nov 2014, 11:23 am #728

Seeing people young and old observing the parade and minutes silence this morning

09 Nov 2014, 11:38 am
(09 Nov 2014, 11:23 am)Andreos1 Seeing people young and old observing the parade and minutes silence this morning

U know whats made me happy, is that the Queen still turned up despite getting death treats from them nut jobs.

Anyone else watching Remembrance Sunday: The Cenotaph on BBC 1?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Nov 2014, 11:38 am #729

(09 Nov 2014, 11:23 am)Andreos1 Seeing people young and old observing the parade and minutes silence this morning

U know whats made me happy, is that the Queen still turned up despite getting death treats from them nut jobs.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
09 Nov 2014, 11:59 am
(09 Nov 2014, 11:38 am)Michael U know whats made me happy, is that the Queen still turned up despite getting death treats from them nut jobs.

No...

I went to Murtons Cenotaph
MrFozz
09 Nov 2014, 11:59 am #730

(09 Nov 2014, 11:38 am)Michael U know whats made me happy, is that the Queen still turned up despite getting death treats from them nut jobs.

No...

09 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm
(09 Nov 2014, 11:59 am)marxistafozzski No...

I was gonna go to the Sunderland one but something came up =(

I normally go every year to 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm #731

(09 Nov 2014, 11:59 am)marxistafozzski No...

I was gonna go to the Sunderland one but something came up =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
09 Nov 2014, 12:04 pm
(09 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm)Michael I was gonna go to the Sunderland one but something came up =(

Is Sunderland still hold the honour of the biggest rememberance parade in the country after London
MrFozz
09 Nov 2014, 12:04 pm #732

(09 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm)Michael I was gonna go to the Sunderland one but something came up =(

Is Sunderland still hold the honour of the biggest rememberance parade in the country after London

09 Nov 2014, 12:05 pm
Long convoluted story - but my Grandad and his two brothers were in different regiments during the Second World War.

For whatever reason, two ended up in DLI and my Grandad in Northumberland Fusiliers.

One in the DLI made it back, my Grandad made it back, but was ironically fighting in same battle in Italy as his brother - who he hadn't long seen.
Of all the battles in the world and for not seeing each other for years, they ended up fighting near each other. Unfortunately, the long lost brother was killed, not long after being reunited.

However, someone has just tweeted a pic of the new war memorial in Chester le Street and there is a name on the memorial, under the DLI section - which matches that of my grandads brother.
In all probability, it is his name.

It was nice getting back home, reflecting, thinking, flicking on twitter and seeing his name jump out.

Andreos1
09 Nov 2014, 12:05 pm #733

Long convoluted story - but my Grandad and his two brothers were in different regiments during the Second World War.

For whatever reason, two ended up in DLI and my Grandad in Northumberland Fusiliers.

One in the DLI made it back, my Grandad made it back, but was ironically fighting in same battle in Italy as his brother - who he hadn't long seen.
Of all the battles in the world and for not seeing each other for years, they ended up fighting near each other. Unfortunately, the long lost brother was killed, not long after being reunited.

However, someone has just tweeted a pic of the new war memorial in Chester le Street and there is a name on the memorial, under the DLI section - which matches that of my grandads brother.

It was nice getting back home, reflecting, thinking, flicking on twitter and seeing his name jump out.

09 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm
(09 Nov 2014, 12:05 pm)Andreos1 Long convoluted story - but my Grandad and his two brothers were in different regiments during the Second World War.

it's still sad to see current fighting breaking up families, it's nice to see hes name on the new war memorial in Chester le Street. =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm #734

(09 Nov 2014, 12:05 pm)Andreos1 Long convoluted story - but my Grandad and his two brothers were in different regiments during the Second World War.

it's still sad to see current fighting breaking up families, it's nice to see hes name on the new war memorial in Chester le Street. =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
09 Nov 2014, 12:13 pm

My late granddads uncle was in the Northumberland Fusiliers, killed at Gallipol in 1915
MrFozz
09 Nov 2014, 12:13 pm #735

My late granddads uncle was in the Northumberland Fusiliers, killed at Gallipol in 1915

09 Nov 2014, 12:13 pm
Me being the typical lazy teenager - I only just woke up at 11:30! - devastated I missed the big moment, mind.....

Well, at least there's Tuesday for me to give my respects. Smile
R852 PRG
09 Nov 2014, 12:13 pm #736

Me being the typical lazy teenager - I only just woke up at 11:30! - devastated I missed the big moment, mind.....

Dan
Site Administrator
09 Nov 2014, 12:28 pm
(09 Nov 2014, 12:13 pm)Marcus Me being the typical lazy teenager - I only just woke up at 11:30! - devastated I missed the big moment, mind.....

I tend to go to Ryhope every year, but got up pretty late. By the time I had a shower, got dressed and all that jazz, it would have been too late to get myself to Ryhope (which is the one I usually go to).

Was going to pay my respects by taking a photo of GNE's 4949 out in service today, but for the second year in a row, it's spending today in the depot...
Dan
09 Nov 2014, 12:28 pm #737

(09 Nov 2014, 12:13 pm)Marcus Me being the typical lazy teenager - I only just woke up at 11:30! - devastated I missed the big moment, mind.....

I tend to go to Ryhope every year, but got up pretty late. By the time I had a shower, got dressed and all that jazz, it would have been too late to get myself to Ryhope (which is the one I usually go to).

Was going to pay my respects by taking a photo of GNE's 4949 out in service today, but for the second year in a row, it's spending today in the depot...

11 Nov 2014, 12:38 pm
Technically yesterday, but still relevant....

Finally finished my first uni assignment. I'm sure my lecturer is going to love marking a 31 paged, 10,046 worded document
Adam
11 Nov 2014, 12:38 pm #738

Technically yesterday, but still relevant....

Finally finished my first uni assignment. I'm sure my lecturer is going to love marking a 31 paged, 10,046 worded document

11 Nov 2014, 12:58 pm
(11 Nov 2014, 12:38 pm)Adam Technically yesterday, but still relevant....

That's some first year assignment.

My undergraduate dissertation was set at 12,000 words; my postgraduate dissertation at 20,000; both inclusive of bibliography and footnotes. Most journal articles have similar word limits applied. 
MurdnunoC
11 Nov 2014, 12:58 pm #739

(11 Nov 2014, 12:38 pm)Adam Technically yesterday, but still relevant....

That's some first year assignment.

My undergraduate dissertation was set at 12,000 words; my postgraduate dissertation at 20,000; both inclusive of bibliography and footnotes. Most journal articles have similar word limits applied. 

11 Nov 2014, 1:28 pm
(11 Nov 2014, 12:58 pm)AdamY That's some first year assignment.

The brief thing said it was only meant to be 2,000, but that's excluding all tables (of which a large chunk of the assignment was in), references, bibliographies, appendices, contents pages, fancy front covers and so on. My official word count that was declared on the front page was 2,138 (we are allowed +10% of word limit, so effectively it's 2,200). The example we were shown was 45 pages long, but our lecturer did say that was too much.
Adam
11 Nov 2014, 1:28 pm #740

(11 Nov 2014, 12:58 pm)AdamY That's some first year assignment.

The brief thing said it was only meant to be 2,000, but that's excluding all tables (of which a large chunk of the assignment was in), references, bibliographies, appendices, contents pages, fancy front covers and so on. My official word count that was declared on the front page was 2,138 (we are allowed +10% of word limit, so effectively it's 2,200). The example we were shown was 45 pages long, but our lecturer did say that was too much.

Pages (203): Previous 136 37 38203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 994
Views 510092
16 May 2024, 11:48 am
Last Post by Andreos1
Replies 3815
Views 1756008
14 May 2024, 1:23 pm
Last Post by Rob44
Replies 2999