Menu

Pages (100)    137 38 39100   
MrFozz   29 May 2015, 8:26 am
(29 May 2015, 8:23 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Right, where do I begin...

1. On Wednesday - I was out with the respite workers, everything went well until worker 2 said : "Youve got a big camera, a green coat, does this not show your spotter status is great?...".

2. Yesterday, another respite worker admitted that they never sent an email to Metro about the special on the 31st. The amount of pure disgust and anger inside of me was substantial.

3. When I was at CLS yesterday, a group of lads was chattering away behind me about me being weird for taking photos of buses etc, and also the amount of people coming up to me asking about what I was doing etc.

4. Bloody laptop decided that every letter I press, meant that I wanted to go to a settings page, this morning.

Nothing goes to plan in my life - something has to happen everyday that pees me off.

Nobody ever approaches me, all I got once was an old man telling me he was a train spotter and bus enthusiast in the 50's and it was nice to see people still doing in this day and age Big Grin
Jimmi   29 May 2015, 8:44 am
(29 May 2015, 8:26 am)MrFozz wrote Nobody ever approaches me, all I got once was an old man telling me he was a train spotter and bus enthusiast in the 50's and it was nice to see people still doing in this day and age Big Grin
I went to my local bus stop one day and some guy started talking to me about buses, before I knew it he started saying about the three Arriva Omnicitys that we acquired from Liverpool and then I ended up saying that the 5/5A was getting new buses and funnily enough this was the day the 13 reg Pulsars entered service on the 1/5/5A.

Don't even know how this happened as I don't think there was anything to give away the fact I was an enthusiast as I didn't have a camera or anything.
omnicity4659   29 May 2015, 9:24 am
Flickr. Wont allow me to replace edited images...
MrFozz   29 May 2015, 9:35 am
(29 May 2015, 8:44 am)Jimmi wrote I went to my local bus stop one day and some guy started talking to me about buses, before I knew it he started saying about the three Arriva Omnicitys that we acquired from Liverpool and then I ended up saying that the 5/5A was getting new buses and funnily enough this was the day the 13 reg Pulsars entered service on the 1/5/5A.

Don't even know how this happened as I don't think there was anything to give away the fact I was an enthusiast as I didn't have a camera or anything.

I rarely go out with a camera these days, I mainly take photos with my phone if U am in the mood...While I don't really get bothered by people or give away the fact I am an enthusiast, people have asked if I am the bus guy and have been told 'such and such said to ask you what bus to get, what time it comes' even bus drivers have sent people my before...

I tend to stand back and not make it blatantly what I am doing, I guess that is probably a reason why I don't really get bothered these days
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   29 May 2015, 1:30 pm
Arriva service 6 is bloody waste of space [emoji35]

Missed two running together and the next one is 9 minutes late so over 20 minutes to wait then.
Dan   29 May 2015, 3:22 pm
An increasingly irritating annoyance has to be the Metro ticket barriers.

When running for a Metro that is due in a matter of minutes, being held back by ticket barriers is quite irritating. What adds insult to injury is when Metro staff are too busy on their phones to let me through, or are too busy chatting between themselves. This happens every day, and it's more so an issue on evenings than mornings.

There was nobody in front of me and the ticket barrier was open in Gateshead, but there must have been some sort of delay to it as it closed just after I walked through. The man on the barriers then proceeded to shout at me for attempting to hop the barriers. He looked disappointed when I had a pass.
Adrian   29 May 2015, 3:33 pm
(29 May 2015, 3:22 pm)Dan wrote An increasingly irritating annoyance has to be the Metro ticket barriers.

When running for a Metro that is due in a matter of minutes, being held back by ticket barriers is quite irritating. What adds insult to injury is when Metro staff are too busy on their phones to let me through, or are too busy chatting between themselves. This happens every day, and it's more so an issue on evenings than mornings.

There was nobody in front of me and the ticket barrier was open in Gateshead, but there must have been some sort of delay to it as it closed just after I walked through. The man on the barriers then proceeded to shout at me for attempting to hop the barriers. He looked disappointed when I had a pass.
Aye they're always sat by the cycle racks at the back at Gateshead. I usually make a point of shouting them over, as like you say, are usually too busy on their phones to notice customers.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Malarkey   29 May 2015, 4:36 pm
Was quite looking forward to having a chilled out weekend watching the F.A. Cup Final as the Shifts I was supposed to be doing at Newcastle Racecourse got Cancelled, as company in charge of catering decided they didnt need any Bar Staff, and Durham Cricket Ground said they didnt need anyone for the T20 Tonight, And now at the very last minute Direct Recruitment another Agency I am with decided to ring me to see if I would do the Magic Weekend of Rugby at St. Shitholes Park tomorrow, guess the upside is that if I work Saturday & Sunday then I will have £100 in my back Pocket.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   30 May 2015, 12:25 pm
All of the photos I took yesterday in Alnwick came out horrendous! The only reasons I'm uploading them to Flickr is because it would have been a waste of time going all the way up there but hopefully these will be a learning curve for me.
Jimmi   30 May 2015, 5:35 pm
Camera was in manual focus mode as I was getting a photo of the evening Scarlet Band 35A in Chilton [emoji35]
Drifter60   31 May 2015, 8:22 am
(29 May 2015, 4:36 pm)Malarkey wrote Was quite looking forward to having a chilled out weekend watching the F.A. Cup Final as the Shifts I was supposed to be doing at Newcastle Racecourse got Cancelled, as company in charge of catering decided they didnt need any Bar Staff, and Durham Cricket Ground said they didnt need anyone for the T20 Tonight, And now at the very last minute Direct Recruitment another Agency I am with decided to ring me to see if I would do the Magic Weekend of Rugby at St. Shitholes Park tomorrow, guess the upside is that if I work Saturday & Sunday then I will have £100 in my back Pocket.

You might end up in my area malarkey! Are you in Executive or Public Catering? 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   31 May 2015, 11:20 am
My laptops frozen
Attached Files
.jpg
20150531_121901.jpg (Size 363.74 KB Downloads 26)
Adrian   31 May 2015, 11:22 am
(31 May 2015, 11:20 am)Davie wrote My laptops frozen

Have you tried defrosting it in the microwave...?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
omnicity4659   31 May 2015, 12:59 pm
(31 May 2015, 11:20 am)Davie wrote My laptops frozen

No...

Flickr's frozen.
Malarkey   31 May 2015, 1:04 pm
(31 May 2015, 8:22 am)Drifter60 wrote You might end up in my area malarkey! Are you in Executive or Public Catering? 

Was in Public Catering otherwise known as the Kiosks (Bar 1) which is the main Bar in the Leazers Stand.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   31 May 2015, 1:13 pm
(31 May 2015, 1:04 pm)Malarkey wrote Was in Public Catering otherwise known as the Kiosks (Bar 1) which is the main Bar in the Leazers Stand.
Going into the heart of enemy territory, hope you don't get struck down Wink
Malarkey   31 May 2015, 1:44 pm
(31 May 2015, 1:13 pm)MrFozz wrote Going into the heart of enemy territory, hope you don't get struck down Wink

Not for the first time either, felt quite ill when walking past the Nine Bar and up through the tunnel to the Leazers Stand, Been there previously to watch the England U21s like 10 Year Ago, and to watch the Olympic Football.

Walked along the Pitch side and past the Dugout at the end of my Shift, as I had to take the Bars earnings to some office with the Team Leader at the opposite end of the Ground, plus I didnt know how to get out the Ground from where I was, so the Team Leader acted as the Tour Guide, was quite tempted to take a dump centre of the pitch, but calculating the that would of been difficult with there being no centre circle.

I got quite hacked off with this one lass on the Bar, as she kept on asking me to do this that and the other, while I was trying to do the following to ensure the Bar was running like a well oiled machine, from 10.30am until 10pm when I finished minus my 30 Minute Dinner Break I didnt stop.
  • Putting up Promotional Posters around all Bars close by.
  • Ripping Promotional Posters for WKD out the Gents Toilets, as they were meant to be for the Nine Bar only, lot of complaints were being made as the offer wasnt available inside the Ground, yet posters said otherwise.
  • Changing the Barrels in the Barrel Store, after being shown how to do so.
  • Restocking the Mini Fridges.
  • Counting/Taking Stock to other Bars close by.
  • Counting the Bars Takings with the Team Leader.
  • Collecting Numerous Bars Pie Orders, then taking them to each Individual Bar.
  • Taking the Rubbish (Cardboard/Plastic etc) to the Bins.
  • Cleaning the the Work Tops of the Bar & Mopping the Floor.
  • Pre-Pouring Pints before the Half Time Interval
  • Serving Customers Food & Beverages Myself.
Davie   01 Jun 2015, 2:13 am
I can't get to sleep!
Dan   01 Jun 2015, 5:07 am
(01 Jun 2015, 2:13 am)Davie wrote I can't get to sleep!

I slept very well. I really haven't got any energy though, meaning that I can't be bothered to get my arse out of bed to do some last minute revision for my ICT exam at 09:00.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   01 Jun 2015, 6:45 am
(01 Jun 2015, 5:07 am)Dan wrote I slept very well. I really haven't got any energy though, meaning that I can't be bothered to get my arse out of bed to do some last minute revision for my ICT exam at 09:00.

Good luck Dan, sure you'll be fine...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan   01 Jun 2015, 6:50 am
(01 Jun 2015, 6:45 am)tyresmoke wrote Good luck Dan, sure you'll be fine...

Ta!

Into the last leg of exams now, just three to go... Social life can return on Thursday at 3pm. [emoji14]
R852 PRG   01 Jun 2015, 6:52 am
(01 Jun 2015, 6:50 am)Dan wrote Ta!

Into the last leg of exams now, just three to go... Social life can return on Thursday at 3pm. [emoji14]

Good. Trying to talk to someone when they're revising isn't easy. Wink
LeeCalder   01 Jun 2015, 8:20 am
(01 Jun 2015, 2:13 am)Davie wrote I can't get to sleep!

It's becuase you're over tired and don't have a sleeping pattern. Don't go to sleep at like 1/2am because you probably won't go to sleep. Go to sleep at around the same time each night
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   01 Jun 2015, 8:26 am
(31 May 2015, 1:44 pm)Malarkey wrote Not for the first time either, felt quite ill when walking past the Nine Bar and up through the tunnel to the Leazers Stand, Been there previously to watch the England U21s like 10 Year Ago, and to watch the Olympic Football.

Walked along the Pitch side and past the Dugout at the end of my Shift, as I had to take the Bars earnings to some office with the Team Leader at the opposite end of the Ground, plus I didnt know how to get out the Ground from where I was, so the Team Leader acted as the Tour Guide, was quite tempted to take a dump centre of the pitch, but calculating the that would of been difficult with there being no centre circle.

I got quite hacked off with this one lass on the Bar, as she kept on asking me to do this that and the other, while I was trying to do the following to ensure the Bar was running like a well oiled machine, from 10.30am until 10pm when I finished minus my 30 Minute Dinner Break I didnt stop.
  • Putting up Promotional Posters around all Bars close by.
  • Ripping Promotional Posters for WKD out the Gents Toilets, as they were meant to be for the Nine Bar only, lot of complaints were being made as the offer wasnt available inside the Ground, yet posters said otherwise.
  • Changing the Barrels in the Barrel Store, after being shown how to do so.
  • Restocking the Mini Fridges.
  • Counting/Taking Stock to other Bars close by.
  • Counting the Bars Takings with the Team Leader.
  • Collecting Numerous Bars Pie Orders, then taking them to each Individual Bar.
  • Taking the Rubbish (Cardboard/Plastic etc) to the Bins.
  • Cleaning the the Work Tops of the Bar & Mopping the Floor.
  • Pre-Pouring Pints before the Half Time Interval
  • Serving Customers Food & Beverages Myself.

I used to do all that at Sunderland, when the concerts were on, I was there from 2pm till 1am, if my dad was working there as well...

I have also been to see England up there saw them play Ukraine and Azerbaijan and was sat up in Level 7 both times
Davie   01 Jun 2015, 11:48 am
(01 Jun 2015, 5:07 am)Dan wrote I slept very well. I really haven't got any energy though, meaning that I can't be bothered to get my arse out of bed to do some last minute revision for my ICT exam at 09:00.

Good luck with it
Jimmi   01 Jun 2015, 1:03 pm
Currently sat waiting for a bus in Ferryhill and I am joined by two people arguing about money, shouting at each other and the guy now seems like he is going to talk to me. Help!
Davie   01 Jun 2015, 1:09 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 1:03 pm)Jimmi wrote Currently sat waiting for a bus in Ferryhill and I am joined by two people arguing about money, shouting at each other and the guy now seems like he is going to talk to me. Help!

I'd advise walking away
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   01 Jun 2015, 2:17 pm
Thank you to the lass sat in front of me on the 7 who has just sprayed herself (and my face!) with deodorant.

I now can't breathe properly.
omnicity4659   01 Jun 2015, 2:52 pm
(01 Jun 2015, 2:17 pm)Jimmi wrote Thank you to the lass sat in front of me on the 7 who has just sprayed herself (and my face!) with deodorant.

I now can't breathe properly.

I thought that compressed cans weren't allowed on buses?
Pages (100)    137 38 39100