Menu

Pages (67)    144 45 4667   
Malarkey   20 Feb 2015, 9:25 pm
(20 Feb 2015, 9:18 pm)citaro5284 wrote Are they built in Ireland  Huh

(20 Feb 2015, 9:18 pm)Dan wrote I know you're not keen, and I usually agree with you that heavy-weight vehicles are far superior, but I had a chance to ride on the Streetlites down on Teesside today and the one I had on the 4 out of Whitby managed the steep banks really well indeed. They've just got to be set up correctly, is all. In ten years time, a Mercedes Citaro would be doing far better off than a Streetlite, I'd imagine, but never mind.

Ireland - not Scotland! Wink 
I thought the smiley face on the end of your previous comment Citaro5284 was to fool Davey into thinking it could be Enviros from Scotland, clearly I misread the hint or whatever it was...My Bad feel like a right Bellend now, Ta Citaro5284.

And Dan I agree with you on the Streetlites down on Teeside having had a ride on them from Middlesbrough to Guisborough a few weeks back on the 5/5A, they were excellent.
citaro5284   20 Feb 2015, 9:32 pm
(20 Feb 2015, 9:25 pm)Malarkey wrote I thought the smiley face on the end of your previous comment Citaro5284 was to fool Davey into thinking it could be Enviros from Scotland, clearly I misread the hint or whatever it was...My Bad feel like a right Bellend now, Ta Citaro5284.

Your welcome Adam, I can go now....my job is done!
mb134   20 Feb 2015, 9:42 pm
Just had a look back through the thread, have you all been wondering what vehicles will be delivered this year since 2013? Or was this the 2013 order thread previously? 
Dan   20 Feb 2015, 9:45 pm
(20 Feb 2015, 9:42 pm)mb134 wrote Jusg had a look back through the thread, have you all been wondering what vehicles will be delivered this year since 2013? Or was this the 2013 order thread previously? 
GNE's financial year runs from June/July 2014 through to the following June/July.

All of the deliveries for the 2013/14 year were complete by December 2013, hence why the guesses for the following year started tumbling in then.

GNE has gone for a late delivery this year, so it's still 2014/15.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
mb134   20 Feb 2015, 9:49 pm
(20 Feb 2015, 9:45 pm)Dan wrote GNE's financial year runs from June/July 2014 through to the following June/July.

All of the deliveries for the 2013/14 year were complete by December 2013, hence why the guesses for the following year started tumbling in then.

GNE has gone for a late delivery this year, so it's still 2014/15.
Ah right okay thank you, that makes a bit more sense Wink
L469 YVK   20 Feb 2015, 10:13 pm
(20 Feb 2015, 9:18 pm)Dan wrote I know you're not keen, and I usually agree with you that heavy-weight vehicles are far superior, but I had a chance to ride on the Streetlites down on Teesside today and the one I had on the 4 out of Whitby managed the steep banks really well indeed. They've just got to be set up correctly, is all. In ten years time, a Mercedes Citaro would be doing far better off than a Streetlite, I'd imagine, but never mind.

Ireland - not Scotland! Wink 

That's the point though about lightweight vehicles being used on heavyweight work. Good when new but even with loads of maintenance, they will start to die after 3-4 years. Still think that despite B&H getting Streetdecks, GNE will go for the E400MMC body for future double deck orders with either the Volvo B5TL chassis or ADL / Cummins chassis for most double deck work and for the more demanding double deck routes, the Scania Euro 6 chassis. 
Andreos1   21 Feb 2015, 3:43 pm
(20 Feb 2015, 8:38 pm)citaro5284 wrote Nah, Ireland  Tongue

Who is manufacturing buses in Ireland like?
Didn't realise there was owt over that way.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   21 Feb 2015, 3:56 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 3:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote Who is manufacturing buses in Ireland like?
Didn't realise there was owt over that way.
Sorry, but gtom beat you to that one! Northern Ireland, if we're being pedantic.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   21 Feb 2015, 4:08 pm
While others are been pedantic...."Politically, Ireland is divided between the Republic of Ireland, which covers five-sixths of the island, and Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom"

So nothing wrong with saying Ireland was there??
R852 PRG   21 Feb 2015, 4:09 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 4:08 pm)citaro5284 wrote While others are been pdeantic...."Politically, Ireland is divided between the Republic of Ireland, which covers five-sixths of the island, and Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom"

You tell them citaro Big Grin
Andreos1   21 Feb 2015, 4:15 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 4:08 pm)citaro5284 wrote While others are been pedantic...."Politically, Ireland is divided between the Republic of Ireland, which covers five-sixths of the island, and Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom"

Nobody said there was owt wrong and not sure who you are referring to as being pedantic. I certainly wasn't.
When you said Ireland, I thought you were referring to the Republic or Eire.
As I wasn't aware of a bus manufacturing plant in Ireland, that is why I asked the question...
Obviously you have Wrights in Northern Ireland.

As Ireland and Northern Ireland are two different areas, governed by two different governments, with two different currencies, you can see where there has been confusion.

Greg in Weardale   21 Feb 2015, 4:59 pm
To continue being ridiculously pedantic, it's the island of Ireland consisting of the country of Eire (the republic) and Northern Ireland, part of the UK. So "Ireland" covers it all and a bus manufacturer in Ireland obviously refers to Wrights.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   21 Feb 2015, 5:02 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 4:59 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote To continue being ridiculously pedantic, it's the island of Ireland consisting of the country of Eire (the republic) and Northern Ireland, part of the UK. So "Ireland" covers it all and a bus manufacturer in Ireland obviously refers to Wrights.
We'll have to let Andreos off as common sense did not prevail on this occasion - reading on to see the discussion regarding Streetlites should have been the giveaway if there was any confusion!
Andreos1   21 Feb 2015, 5:34 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 4:59 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote To continue being ridiculously pedantic, it's the island of Ireland consisting of the country of Eire (the republic) and Northern Ireland, part of the UK. So "Ireland" covers it all and a bus manufacturer in Ireland obviously refers to Wrights.

Just to join in with this little game.

Obviously, this wasn't always the case...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAC_Ireland Unless of course we are talking politically, rather than being based on geography.

Let's hope nobody else sets up in the Republic eh?

pdiddy   21 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 3:56 pm)Dan wrote Sorry, but gtom beat you to that one! Northern Ireland, if we're being pedantic.

The post I put the other day was only half correct....

IIt's deffo Streetlites for the Lime 100% 

But I'm told from a reliable source that the deckers will not be from Wright..... 

They will be indeed the new style ADL enviro 400 with Cummings engines. Don't know what depot or run they going on tho.... crook/riverside/washington!!!!!!

Streetlites are due on May 1st
S813 FVK   21 Feb 2015, 7:34 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm)pdiddy wrote The post I put the other day was only half correct....

But I'm told from a reliable source that the deckers will not be from Wright..... 

They will be indeed the new style ADL enviro 400 with Cummings engines. Don't know what depot or run they going on tho.... crook/riverside/washington!!!!!!

Citaro5284 is a reliable source and he says all vehicles will be Wrights...i'd double check to see how reliable your 'reliable' source is as somebody is wrong...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   21 Feb 2015, 7:45 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm)pdiddy wrote The post I put the other day was only half correct....

If you are a driver for GNE, you're going to be sacked if its true.
If you got this information from a driver from GNE, he's going to be sacked if its true.

If you are in no way related to GNE, and stirring s**t, you are making yourselves look like an idiot.
Dan   21 Feb 2015, 7:46 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 7:45 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote If you are a driver for GNE, you're going to be sacked if its true.
If you got this information from a driver from GNE, he's going to be sacked if its true.

If you are in no way related to GNE, and stirring s**t, you are making yourselves look like an idiot.

He won't be sacked.
R852 PRG   21 Feb 2015, 7:46 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 7:45 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote If you are a driver for GNE, you're going to be sacked if its true.

Any need for that?
omnicity4659   21 Feb 2015, 7:47 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 7:46 pm)Dan wrote He won't be sacked.

Because he's not a GNE driver?

I'm sure that Malarkey said that Citaro5284 put the orders on here that he would lose his job.  Undecided
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   21 Feb 2015, 7:50 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 7:47 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Because he's not a GNE driver?

I'm sure that Malarkey said that Citaro5284 put the orders on here that he would lose his job.  Undecided

No, he is a GNE driver, but I'm not sure terminating his employment would be the punishment for releasing this information?

Whereas with citaro, hoping I'm right, he is entrusted with a lot of things, as he holds a higher position, and to breach this trust...
Dan   21 Feb 2015, 7:50 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 7:47 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Because he's not a GNE driver?

Nobody would lose their job if they put a list of the orders on here, but it's commercially-sensitive information at the end of the day...

If citaro5284 has a complete list of the vehicle orders for this financial year and he put them straight on here, don't you think that would put him in an awkward position with the Go North East employee(s) of senior management who provided him with this information? Whether it would mean he would no longer get access to this information or something more serious, I don't know, and it's probably not right of us to speculate...
omnicity4659   21 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 7:50 pm)Dan wrote Nobody would lose their job if they put a list of the orders on here, but it's commercially-sensitive information at the end of the day...

If citaro5284 has a complete list of the vehicle orders for this financial year and he put them straight on here, don't you think that would put him in an awkward position with the Go North East employee(s) of senior management who provided him with this information?

Awkward is in argument and losing friends or awkward as in being asked loads of questions relating to NEB?  Undecided

Random question: why are GNE being so sensitive over these orders, is this normal? 
Dan   21 Feb 2015, 8:02 pm
(21 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Awkward is in argument and losing friends or awkward as in being asked loads of questions relating to NEB?  Undecided

Random question: why are GNE being so sensitive over these orders, is this normal? 

All companies have Social Media policies and depending on what Go North East's Social Media policy entails, publishing a list of orders could potentially breach this policy (however unlikely). As I said before, probably not right of us to speculate.

Regarding your latter question, Go North East has never been particularly open about their orders, so far as I know. It is commercially-sensitive information. To provide an example that's easy to understand: if it was announced on a public forum that "Pronto" service X21 was to receive brand new vehicles months ahead of them actually arriving, this would be more than enough time for Arriva to react by making a competitive move to improve their X2 service in some way or another. The orders last year were leaked, against the wishes of management.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   21 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm
Simply put: It doesn't take anything but a few months for the opposition to find a solution if the orders are released far enough in advance.
Michael   22 Feb 2015, 5:13 pm
Does anyone know if the 8/8A/78/78A will retain the "Lime" brand when the new buses arrive? (discussed ages ago but as its getting closer to March, i thought i would be annoying and ask again)

I would like to see the brand changed...

Least then the bloody tab for it on the GNE site can be updated!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
citaro5284   22 Feb 2015, 5:16 pm
(22 Feb 2015, 5:13 pm)Michael wrote Does anyone know if the 8/8A/78/78A will retain the "Lime" brand when the new buses arrive? (discussed ages ago but as its getting closer to March, i thought i would be annoying and ask again)

I would like to see the brand changed...

Least then the bloody tab for it on the GNE can be updated!

Guess we will know when the buses arrive and see what colour they are painted in  Angel
Michael   22 Feb 2015, 5:17 pm
(22 Feb 2015, 5:16 pm)citaro5284 wrote Guess we will know when the buses arrive and see what colour they are painted in  Angel

Haha your so much help Citaro Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   22 Feb 2015, 5:25 pm
(22 Feb 2015, 5:17 pm)Michael wrote Haha your so much help Citaro Tongue 

Thanks!!

To be honest and it is only my opinion, I cannot see the brand name changing, and it is only my opinion...honest, of course the CLS Mafia Marcus Man will think differently...  Big Grin
Michael   22 Feb 2015, 5:30 pm
(22 Feb 2015, 5:25 pm)citaro5284 wrote Thanks!!

To be honest and it is only my opinion, I cannot see the brand name changing, and it is only my opinion...honest, of course the CLS Mafia Marcus Man will think differently...  Big Grin

If its getting streetlites, which tbh seems likely.... they might look aright in "Lime".... hopefully the brand design will be better than the current one.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (67)    144 45 4667