Menu

Pages (7)    14 5 6 7   
Cock Robin   16 Apr 2020, 11:09 am
More delicensed now.
LVK 404L   16 Apr 2020, 3:08 pm
Further changes to Newcastle 1, 12, 22, 39 and 40 plus E1 E2 and E6 from 19th April.
Kuyoyo   16 Apr 2020, 4:07 pm
(16 Apr 2020, 3:08 pm)ifm001 wrote Further changes to Newcastle 1, 12, 22, 39 and 40 plus E1 E2 and E6 from 19th April.

Mainly evenings on the Newcastle runs
1: hourly after 2000
12: Half hourly all day Two Ball Lonnen-Wallsend until 1730 when Walker-Wallsend reduced to hourly
22: Hourly after 1800 from Cobalt and 1900 from Throckley
39/40: Evening journey will operate half hourly between Wallsend and Lemington Road End, then hourly to Dumpling Hall and Chapel House respectively. Timetable suggests Dumpling Hall journeys will operate as 40s between Wallsend and Blackett Street and 39s between Blackett Street and Dumpling Hall.

E1 reduced from half hourly to hourly all day - combined 20 minute frequency
V514DFT   17 Apr 2020, 2:03 am
12076's ticket machine needs looking at

Kind Regards
Tez
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
V514DFT   17 Apr 2020, 2:09 am
April Discussion

Kind Regards
Tez
Michael   17 Apr 2020, 10:59 am
(16 Apr 2020, 4:07 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Mainly evenings on the Newcastle runs
12: Half hourly all day Two Ball Lonnen-Wallsend until 1730 when Walker-Wallsend reduced to hourly
39/40: Evening journey will operate half hourly between Wallsend and Lemington Road End, then hourly to Dumpling Hall and Chapel House respectively. Timetable suggests Dumpling Hall journeys will operate as 40s between Wallsend and Blackett Street and 39s between Blackett Street and Dumpling Hall.

New PVR for the E1/E2/E6 is: 4 PVR down from 6.
12: 3 PVR

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Robin57   17 Apr 2020, 11:13 am
Are they using 27xxx or 28xxx on E1/2/6 as pvr 4!
Michael   17 Apr 2020, 11:16 am
(17 Apr 2020, 11:13 am)Robin57 wrote Are they using 27xxx or 28xxx on E1/2/6 as pvr 4!

Currently its all 28*** out on the E's today, according bustimes.org but they don't change until tomorrow.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
topsweep1506   17 Apr 2020, 12:53 pm
(16 Apr 2020, 4:07 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Mainly evenings on the Newcastle runs

Walkergate depot losing another 5 buses from Sunday at this rate theres gonna be no work to do when im on my shift
Robin57   17 Apr 2020, 1:21 pm
Haven’t seen many 37xxx out today in Shields!
LVK 404L   17 Apr 2020, 3:51 pm
(17 Apr 2020, 1:21 pm)Robin57 wrote Haven’t seen many 37xxx out today in Shields!
Well there are plenty of them out and about
deanmachine   17 Apr 2020, 5:08 pm
(17 Apr 2020, 3:51 pm)ifm001 wrote Well there are plenty of them out and about

Shocking really when there's 65 plate buses sitting around doing nothing, sending out those uncomfortable sheds. Fortunately there's not too many passengers for them to annoy.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
V514DFT   17 Apr 2020, 9:44 pm
Guys,theres a thread for April now,i made it the other day

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT   17 Apr 2020, 9:45 pm
Incase this was missed, a thread for April

Kind Regards
Tez
Michael   17 Apr 2020, 9:53 pm
(17 Apr 2020, 9:44 pm)V514DFT wrote Guys,theres a thread for April now,i made it the other day

Yes but couldn't u just of waited for an admin to split the posts up instead of making new ones because now posts are all over (big example is the GNE threads), now if you want us to post in April were gonna have to copy and paste everything from March to April if you want to reply to a certain post... and then when the April posts are March get split, its gonna be a repost...

Please can we just wait for an admin to split the chats up instead of random people making new threads...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Robin57   17 Apr 2020, 10:07 pm
I agree with what you said!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
col87   18 Apr 2020, 4:29 pm
Hi not posted here for about 7 years but have been reading posts on here quite a bit so thought would come back on. Anyway I understand some drivers are not happy with the current changes in Hartlepool due to a lack of service in the south of the town especially the Oxford Road area where there is currently only the 36 once every hour so it would make sense to either replace the 3 with a 3A which is what drivers want or putting a full 6 back on to take the pressure of the 36 either way there seems to be demand for more services there especially at peak times.
scanialover   18 Apr 2020, 10:15 pm
Let's try and look at this sensibly and practically. We are in the midst of a major crisis with Covid-19? People are advised, requested to stay home except for essential stuff ? Buses are running empty ? So based on that why do we need extra services? If there is the one 36 serving that part of the town surely that is enough given that the only people that should be using it are doing so for essential purposes. Service 1 operates out of town on its way to Middlesbrough and serves that part of the town. Maybe though that one is full of trippers making their way to Seaton Carew. By all accounts that's the place to be ? Perhaps extra services could be needed.
Cock Robin   19 Apr 2020, 8:41 am
(18 Apr 2020, 10:15 pm)scanialover wrote Let's try and look at this sensibly and practically. We are in the midst of a major crisis with Covid-19?  People are advised, requested to stay home except for essential stuff ? Buses are running empty ? So based on that why do we need extra services? If there is the  one 36 serving that part of the town surely that is enough given that the only people that should be using it are doing so for essential purposes. Service 1 operates out of town on its way to Middlesbrough and serves that part of the town. Maybe though that one is full of trippers making their way to Seaton Carew. By all accounts that's the place to be ? Perhaps extra services could be needed.

The 1 to Mbro is already running half hourly which is double the normal Sunday frequency which should be more than adequate for trippers. The 36 on the other hand normally operates half hourly Sundays but is only operating hourly and as Col says there's no 6s running to Owton Manor either.
scanialover   19 Apr 2020, 8:46 am
End of the day does it matter. These restrictions aren't for ever and it's up to us to make the best of what we've got. As for "trippers" using service 1? This why Seaton Carew gets so busy?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
col87   19 Apr 2020, 9:31 am
(18 Apr 2020, 10:15 pm)scanialover wrote Let's try and look at this sensibly and practically. We are in the midst of a major crisis with Covid-19?  People are advised, requested to stay home except for essential stuff ? Buses are running empty ? So based on that why do we need extra services? If there is the  one 36 serving that part of the town surely that is enough given that the only people that should be using it are doing so for essential purposes. Service 1 operates out of town on its way to Middlesbrough and serves that part of the town. Maybe though that one is full of trippers making their way to Seaton Carew. By all accounts that's the place to be ? Perhaps extra services could be needed.
I agree people should be staying in however some people such as key workers will still need a bus.  I heard they was about 40 odd people waiting at the central library ( ramp stop ) the other day and that was from a driver posting on social media.  Now since only the 3 7 and 36 are using the stop currently and all are running limited services then something will need to be done if this is happening a lot.  Buses are only allowed to be 50% full and don't forget Hartlepool does not use full size buses like Newcastle or Teesside does instead only having the enviro 200 and we don't know why people are using the bus at that time so something does need to be done.
Rob44   19 Apr 2020, 9:48 am
It must be hard for the bus companies to get the balance right. Small buses or reduced service means the people who need to use the buses are going to be sardined together. And I don't think its the drivers/bus companies responsibility to be deciding who is a key worker and who is just out to do there normal routine!
tcts24   19 Apr 2020, 9:49 am
(19 Apr 2020, 8:41 am)Cock Robin wrote The 1 to Mbro is already running half hourly which is double the normal Sunday frequency which should be more than adequate for trippers. The 36 on the other hand normally operates half hourly Sundays but is only operating hourly and as Col says there's no 6s running to Owton Manor either.
Think you could be looking at the Monday to Saturday Corona timetable? Current Sunday service 1 is identical to it's standard timetable.

As regards Oxford Road, The 3 passes the western end, the 1 and 7 both pass the eastern end and the road is only a mile long. So it's reasonably well served if you don't mind a half mile walk should you miss the 36.
Economic505   19 Apr 2020, 10:25 am
(19 Apr 2020, 9:49 am)tcts24 wrote Think you could be looking at the Monday to Saturday Corona timetable? Current Sunday service 1 is identical to it's standard timetable.

As regards Oxford Road, The 3 passes the western end, the 1 and 7 both pass the eastern end and the road is only a mile long. So it's reasonably well served if you don't mind a half mile walk should you miss the 36.
You right . There is still a decent bus service at each end of Oxford Road and exercise is good for people.   Like I said in a previous post, in non Covid times, the Throston area is poorly served after 6pm. I m a bit of a tight ar*e and hate getting taxis. Usually a fiver from Hartlepool centre in taxi. Someone mentioned (in previous post) that Service 1 was going to have an evening service but it never materialised. Wonder why??
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Cock Robin   19 Apr 2020, 2:02 pm
(19 Apr 2020, 9:49 am)tcts24 wrote Think you could be looking at the Monday to Saturday Corona timetable? Current Sunday service 1 is identical to it's standard timetable.

I meant during the week
scanialover   19 Apr 2020, 2:18 pm
The question has to be asked as to why 40 people were assembled at the Central Library stops? They aren't all key workers and surely such a crowd contravenes both gathering and social distancing guidelines; I don't get just why people have this herd mentality thing and then why they need to spend hours standing outside supermarkets. Hasn't anyone worked this out yet and adapted? As for services in Hartlepool, OK I'm not up to date with just what's happening but a cursory look at the emergency timetables tells me that the area is well covered and if it isn't then walking is good for us.
James101   19 Apr 2020, 3:56 pm
The shared portion on the 6/36 usually has 10 buses per hour. This has been reduced to 1 x 36 per hour. If loadings have dropped to 10% of normal then it stands to reason that this remaining 36 on the COVID timetable will be carrying the same amount of passengers as a regular 36, i.e some journeys being too full to accommodate social distancing.

The current PVR could be reworked to make use of the long layover on service 3 to solve the problem.

Service 3: South Fens (00:00) > Clavering (00:44)
Service 6: Clavering (00:50) > St Patrick's via Fens Shops (01:31)
Service 6: St Patricks (01:32) > Clavering (02:02)
Service 3: Clavering (02:10) > South Fens (02:57)

The pattern could be timed to provide an even headway with 36 along Catcote Road. Requires a PVR of 3, the two existing buses form 3 three plus a third from the current 6/7 diagram.

Service 7 becomes standalone with a PVR of 2.
scanialover   19 Apr 2020, 4:32 pm
I don't get that argument. Have just looked at Bustimes and what I see appears to be, for a Sunday, a fairly healthy service which, given the number of people who should / will be travelling, probably excessive.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
col87   19 Apr 2020, 4:37 pm

That maybe true but what if the person struggles to walk far.

(19 Apr 2020, 2:18 pm)scanialover wrote The question has to be asked as to why 40 people were assembled at the Central Library stops? They aren't all key workers and surely such a crowd contravenes both gathering and social distancing guidelines; I don't get just why people have this herd mentality thing and then why they need to spend hours standing outside supermarkets. Hasn't anyone worked this out yet and adapted? As for services in Hartlepool, OK I'm not up to date with just what's happening but a cursory look at the emergency timetables tells me that the area is well covered and if it isn't then walking is good for us.
Even with the argument people should be staying in and they not all key workers people still need to go shopping or might need to go to bank or needed to buy things the local shop don't sell. Now I agree people should use buses if it is vital and reducing service is the right thing to do but if people are still out then maybe the solution could be an extra bus at peak times or some of the mothballed E300 from Teesside been used to keep social distancing.   Although the simple is have the 6 do the full route again and terminate the 3 at Rift House.
James101   19 Apr 2020, 4:49 pm
(19 Apr 2020, 4:32 pm)scanialover wrote I don't get that argument. Have just looked at Bustimes and what I see appears to be, for a Sunday, a fairly healthy service which, given the number of people who should / will be travelling, probably excessive.

It should be considered a bus should only be carrying around 25% of its regular capacity or less if social distancing is to be observed.
Pages (7)    14 5 6 7