Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat North East GNE Challenge

North East GNE Challenge

North East GNE Challenge

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5
Tom

01 Jun 2014, 2:34 pm #81
(01 Jun 2014, 2:32 pm)tyresmoke I was thinking the DFDS terminal which is Royal Quays lol

Oh right I thought you meant the one in South Shields Smile
Tom
01 Jun 2014, 2:34 pm #81

(01 Jun 2014, 2:32 pm)tyresmoke I was thinking the DFDS terminal which is Royal Quays lol

Oh right I thought you meant the one in South Shields Smile

Andreos1

01 Jun 2014, 3:14 pm #82
If there are enough people interested, happy to organise something for the weekend and hide an envelope somewhere.

Won't bother if there isn't enough interest like.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
01 Jun 2014, 3:14 pm #82

If there are enough people interested, happy to organise something for the weekend and hide an envelope somewhere.

DanPicken

Banned

01 Jun 2014, 3:17 pm #83
(01 Jun 2014, 3:14 pm)Andreos Constantopolous If there are enough people interested, happy to organise something for the weekend and hide an envelope somewhere.

i will as long as i can get there on my U16 pop card
DanPicken
01 Jun 2014, 3:17 pm #83

(01 Jun 2014, 3:14 pm)Andreos Constantopolous If there are enough people interested, happy to organise something for the weekend and hide an envelope somewhere.

i will as long as i can get there on my U16 pop card

01 Jun 2014, 7:55 pm #84
The only thing is, where would you hide it so that it is both obvious-ish but does not cause a security concern or no-one nicks it?

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
01 Jun 2014, 7:55 pm #84

The only thing is, where would you hide it so that it is both obvious-ish but does not cause a security concern or no-one nicks it?

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Andreos1

01 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm #85
(01 Jun 2014, 3:17 pm)danpick i will as long as i can get there on my U16 pop card

I think the first one will be in T&W, if only because the majority of members seem to be from the area.
I will try and identify a location that is easy to get to using 2 or more operators as well at this stage.

If it takes off and there is enough interest to take it into Co Durham , Teesside or Northumberland - I am happy to hide the envelopes elsewhere.

(01 Jun 2014, 7:55 pm)northern156 The only thing is, where would you hide it so that it is both obvious-ish but does not cause a security concern or no-one nicks it?

Suppose that is part of the challenge as far as my role is concerned.
Finding locations that are suitable and convenient, coming up with clues which have the potential to mislead/confuse and making sure the envelope is hidden somewhere which isn't going to cause the issues you mention.

Andreos1
01 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm #85

(01 Jun 2014, 3:17 pm)danpick i will as long as i can get there on my U16 pop card

I think the first one will be in T&W, if only because the majority of members seem to be from the area.
I will try and identify a location that is easy to get to using 2 or more operators as well at this stage.

If it takes off and there is enough interest to take it into Co Durham , Teesside or Northumberland - I am happy to hide the envelopes elsewhere.

(01 Jun 2014, 7:55 pm)northern156 The only thing is, where would you hide it so that it is both obvious-ish but does not cause a security concern or no-one nicks it?

Finding locations that are suitable and convenient, coming up with clues which have the potential to mislead/confuse and making sure the envelope is hidden somewhere which isn't going to cause the issues you mention.

Adrian

01 Jun 2014, 8:16 pm #86
(01 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm)Andreos Constantopolous I think the first one will be in T&W, if only because the majority of members seem to be from the area.

How many would you propose to do, to ensure that it fills a full day up? Can more than one person/team collect the same envelope?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 Jun 2014, 8:16 pm #86

(01 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm)Andreos Constantopolous I think the first one will be in T&W, if only because the majority of members seem to be from the area.

How many would you propose to do, to ensure that it fills a full day up? Can more than one person/team collect the same envelope?

Andreos1

01 Jun 2014, 8:25 pm #87
(01 Jun 2014, 8:16 pm)aureolin How many would you propose to do, to ensure that it fills a full day up? Can more than one person/team collect the same envelope?

I am undecided at the moment - suppose it all depends on interest.

I am not going to break my neck dropping off envelopes around Tyne & Wear if there isn't enough interest or people cant spare the whole day.

If people can let me know by say 10 on Saturday morning that they are taking part (weather, personal circumstances may affect participation), then I can get an envelope hidden and start with the clues at 12.
By then people will all be out and about, ready to go, with clues given at regular intervals - hopefully finishing about 2ish.

Again, if the demand is there, it will be easy enough hiding another envelope.

Happy to do this more often and get 3 or 4 envelopes hidden in the future - providing people are going to do it.

No limits on teams, individuals etc although there will need to be something in place so that teams don't split up into different directions.

First team/individual to get to the envelope wins - simple as that.
Edited 01 Jun 2014, 8:26 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
01 Jun 2014, 8:25 pm #87

(01 Jun 2014, 8:16 pm)aureolin How many would you propose to do, to ensure that it fills a full day up? Can more than one person/team collect the same envelope?

I am undecided at the moment - suppose it all depends on interest.

I am not going to break my neck dropping off envelopes around Tyne & Wear if there isn't enough interest or people cant spare the whole day.

If people can let me know by say 10 on Saturday morning that they are taking part (weather, personal circumstances may affect participation), then I can get an envelope hidden and start with the clues at 12.
By then people will all be out and about, ready to go, with clues given at regular intervals - hopefully finishing about 2ish.

Again, if the demand is there, it will be easy enough hiding another envelope.

Happy to do this more often and get 3 or 4 envelopes hidden in the future - providing people are going to do it.

No limits on teams, individuals etc although there will need to be something in place so that teams don't split up into different directions.

First team/individual to get to the envelope wins - simple as that.

Adrian

02 Jun 2014, 9:40 am #88
Does anyone want to stick their name down to help organise this for a full day? Probably late June early July? Northern156 and myself for a start I think!

We'll then get our heads together and come up with a list.

Adrian
02 Jun 2014, 9:40 am #88

Does anyone want to stick their name down to help organise this for a full day? Probably late June early July? Northern156 and myself for a start I think!

We'll then get our heads together and come up with a list.

Adrian

02 Jun 2014, 7:25 pm #89
I've made a start on some sample items. What's everyone's preference? Buses only? Or a bit of everything, as long as it's on a bus route?

Adrian
02 Jun 2014, 7:25 pm #89

I've made a start on some sample items. What's everyone's preference? Buses only? Or a bit of everything, as long as it's on a bus route?

Tom

02 Jun 2014, 7:28 pm #90
(02 Jun 2014, 7:25 pm)aureolin I've made a start on some sample items. What's everyone's preference? Buses only? Or a bit of everything, as long as it's on a bus route?

A bit of everything would be nice?
Not sure if I'll be able to do it until after the 2nd August though.
Tom
02 Jun 2014, 7:28 pm #90

(02 Jun 2014, 7:25 pm)aureolin I've made a start on some sample items. What's everyone's preference? Buses only? Or a bit of everything, as long as it's on a bus route?

A bit of everything would be nice?
Not sure if I'll be able to do it until after the 2nd August though.

DanPicken

Banned

02 Jun 2014, 7:29 pm #91

not bothered as i suppose one could be out say on the airport end of train 111 on the metro
DanPicken
02 Jun 2014, 7:29 pm #91

not bothered as i suppose one could be out say on the airport end of train 111 on the metro

Adrian

02 Jun 2014, 8:29 pm #92
Sounds good. I've came up with about 16 so far. Aiming for about 100 in total, but trying to come up with ways to get more points for each one.

Adrian
02 Jun 2014, 8:29 pm #92

Sounds good. I've came up with about 16 so far. Aiming for about 100 in total, but trying to come up with ways to get more points for each one.

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average