You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
These E200 for South Shields are very much brand new as they will be 37XXX and will most likely have short N/S mirror arms (as will the E300 for Teesside)
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(13 Mar 2014, 8:42 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Richard. What new E200 buses is South Shields Supost to be getting if we lose 33101 33492. Regards Robin

33101/33492 are reserve vehicles so not part of the allocation. The new buses are to displace 2 of the MAN ALX300.
(14 Mar 2014, 9:06 am)mrnut85 wrote I do think ppl on here read what they want and not what is actually said

I agree... sometimes its like talking to the brick wall
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Sunderlands service 3 is running in 3's and service 13 is running in 2's... all see to come together at Southwick heading towards farra and silksworth.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Re: RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest
(14 Mar 2014, 4:28 pm)Michael wrote I agree... sometimes its like talking to the brick wall

If ppl took time to read things and don't expect to be right and everyone else to be wrong things would be a lot better
I have been meaning to ask for ages - but can anyone explain why the headlights on the SNE 100, are different to the headlights on other Enviro 300's?
Were these batch specifically designed to be different, or has it just happened by default with the branding?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(14 Mar 2014, 5:12 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote I have been meaning to ask for ages - but can anyone explain why the headlights on the SNE 100, are different to the headlights on other Enviro 300's?
Were these batch specifically designed to be different, or has it just happened by default with the branding?

They're of the old E300 design - Stephensons of Easingwold have 3 of the same design, and Stagecoach have a few others dotted around the country too.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(14 Mar 2014, 5:21 pm)tyresmoke wrote They're of the old E300 design - Stephensons of Easingwold have 3 of the same design, and Stagecoach have a few others dotted around the country too.

Champion. Thank you!
Never noticed them elsewhere, but everytime I see a 100 or a class 458, it reminds me to ask - just never do.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
I went in 33488 and there's a rather nice dip in the floor where chassis is broke. There's not enough sticky back plastic and will of the gods to bring it back. It's already lost parts.
(15 Mar 2014, 8:29 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Any sign of 33492 it has been in the depot getting Repaired but has not been seen since I saw it yesterday parked up along side 33488. Regards Robin

Did you see it in service? Or parked up at the depot?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(16 Mar 2014, 1:09 am)Half Pint wrote 33492 is getting work done to it and parts from 488.

What kind of work?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Mar 2014, 1:20 pm)mrnut85 wrote Mechanical work

Any idea how long it will be out of service.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Any Spare buses coming to south shields in the next few days. Is 22471 here for repair or to stay. Regards Robin

No...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(16 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Any Spare buses coming to south shields in the next few days. Is 22471 here for repair or to stay. Regards Robin

If you really want to travel on old ALX300's move to Teesside!
Hi that why stagecoach on teesside need new buses our mans always need repair but south shield have a lot of newer buses than teesside we have a lot of old man alx 300 buses on teesside
(17 Mar 2014, 3:02 pm)Richard Smiles wrote With the 40th Anniversary of Cleveland Transit (on Teesside), growing ever closer, it was formed on 1 April 1974, the attached Fleet List shows how the fleet looked 40 years ago.

Three Depot's at Middlesbrough, Stockton & South Bank 273! buses & mainly Double Deckers at that, a far cry from what we have now.

One Depot, 78 Buses of which most are now Single Deckers.

Richard - Thank you very much for producing this fleet list - it doesn't half jog a few memories! And of course it's a bit sad to compare it to today's totals.

I don't suppose that for reference, you have the figures for the total number of vehicles following deregulation in 1986 and then at the time of the Stagecoach takeover in 1995?

Regards + Thanks
David P