Menu

Pages (9)    15 6 79   
Adrian   21 Jul 2014, 9:46 pm
(21 Jul 2014, 7:12 pm)mrnut85 wrote It doesn't take much to end up late when the running times are tight and picking lots of people up. You should be very careful about what you say about drivers cause you never know who's reading these posts
The beauty of a forum is that everyone is free to read it. Thankfully we have a lot of contributers who post constructive criticism, so it may help managers across the industry to have a read through once in a while. It's a lot of extra eyes and ears that enthusiasts provide.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Dan   22 Jul 2014, 4:12 am
(21 Jul 2014, 9:41 pm)aureolin wrote It's right though. It's pointless having a timetable if it's too tight to achieve. Customers get peeved off and some drivers feel under enough pressure from their peers to fly around like they're going for a fastest lap time. We all know it happens because we all see it.

I think it was AIG20 who mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised if there was a loss of custom as a result of the ongoing delays to the Economic services.

I know my friend was going to buy a Stagecoach VIP ticket for next month, as she's no longer an U16 POP card holder from then, but now she's considering the alternatives. We discussed this a few days ago, and she was saying that she'd have no flexibility whatsoever as she would do with the alternatives (which I suggested a Metro POP card or a Get Around Key Card).

Originally she thought that she wouldn't have been able to get to Newcastle whatsoever, but I told her how she could get an E2 to Lizard Lane and then hop onto an X34, although she would have to wait for the bus to turn up and hope that it's actually running on-time so that she doesn't miss her connection. We then went on to discuss the E2 running 20 minutes late, every day, pretty much around the clock. Perhaps accounts for the not-so-busy late running E2s I saw yesterday - given that they're quite often rammed (with pensioners). When I go home with friends from my school and a nearby school who live the E2 route, we always joke that we feel we're the odd ones out on the bus as it's rammed full of pensioners.
Dan   22 Jul 2014, 4:36 am
See post below in GNE - Latest thread which is also relevant to SNE.

(22 Jul 2014, 4:35 am)Dan wrote Diversion details for the airshow as posted by Nexus at bus stops in Monkwearmouth at some point yesterday...
Andreos1   22 Jul 2014, 6:26 am
(21 Jul 2014, 7:28 pm)Dan wrote Running times are tight? Where's aureolin with his 'achievable timetable' line when you need him?

I am aware that management of all of the "big three" read this forum, and perhaps it'd be a good idea for management to get involved. It was a general statement about drivers (not just South Shields drivers, so don't take offence), and it comes from a disgruntled customer - I know others living on Newcastle Road who are sick and tired of the E2 at the moment too. Several Sunderland drivers are family friends, and I know many of the older drivers who work there, are not motivated. They can't wait to leave Stagecoach, but they feel they can't at the moment for financial reasons. Whenever they can, they try and get regulated - they don't try and make up time any more. I could say the same about ANE and GNE drivers too.

Other Sunderland - South Shields routes, with timings just as tight (if not tighter), are coping with the works on the Wearmouth Bridge much better than the Economic services are.

As someone who lives right next to the Wearmouth Bridge (and therefore someone who sees the level of traffic regularly), the works are not causing too much trouble - certainly not to allow for buses to be running 20 minutes late.

Drivers running early to get an extended break at an out of the way terminus or running late to get regulated - it has gone on for years.
Management know it goes on and aren't naive to it.
AVL and CCTV are often advertised as being for the benefit of the passenger, but can be used for other reasons...

Drivers can also contribute to the success (or opposite) of a route which is popular (or not) amongst their colleagues by utilising a range of techniques.

Passengers are often the ones to loose out and despite some of them being annoying, frustrating or rude, they keep those drivers in a job.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   22 Jul 2014, 9:27 am
The womens face on the 23, when a women with a pushchair asked if she should get the pushchair in the area, she gave her a black look and picked her shopping up and stampes her feet.

Sorry love but u cant always get your own way on the bus.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   22 Jul 2014, 9:44 am
(22 Jul 2014, 9:40 am)AIG20 wrote I usually sit on the single seat at the front of the bus, or somewhere at the back of the bus.

Same, had to sit in the middle, was sweating by the time i go to Thornhill school from Joplings

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
atlantean221   22 Jul 2014, 10:15 am
Trident 17029 on service 22 ex11.15 Wallsend
Michael   22 Jul 2014, 10:29 am
Does anyone know what Stagecoach will be using on the 510 next week for airshow?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   22 Jul 2014, 10:30 am
(22 Jul 2014, 10:29 am)Michael wrote Does anyone know what Stagecoach will be using on the 510 next week for airshow?

I'd imagine Stockton's remaining Olympians plus ALX300s from Sunderland.

An E400 (presumably a Shields one?) and 36082 are undergoing repaint at Sunderland at the moment, in addition to the Dart I got a photo of a few days ago.
Michael   22 Jul 2014, 10:33 am
(22 Jul 2014, 10:30 am)Dan wrote I'd imagine Stockton's remaining Olympians plus ALX300s from Sunderland.

An E400 (presumably a Shields one?) and 36082 are undergoing repaint at Sunderland at the moment, in addition to the Dart I got a photo of a few days ago.

Thanks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   22 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm)AIG20 wrote At the Marsden Inn at 13:08, two E2s turned up heading towards South Shields. One must have been on time, and another must have been 20 minutes late. There cannot be any complaints about the Wearmouth Bridge today as this is what was posted on the "TyneWearTravel Facebook Page" two hours ago - unless this image was taken at an off-peak period.

Edit: Several workings are being cancelled and put back on time according to the SNE Twitter Page, and there is also apparently heavy traffic in Seaburn and Sunderland (I wonder if it is elsewhere in the city, not just the bridge which seems fine).
That one appears to be the Tyne Bridge opposed to the Wearmouth - but yes, it is immensely quiet at the Wearmouth Bridge too. See posts in Management & Infrastructure sub-forum.
col87   22 Jul 2014, 7:16 pm
Does anyone know if Hartlepool will be getting any more cascades when the new buses arrive
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
michael_kelly   22 Jul 2014, 8:05 pm
does anyone know how much it will either be for a single or a return on the stagecoach airshow bus 510?
Dan   22 Jul 2014, 8:18 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 8:05 pm)michael_kelly wrote does anyone know how much it will either be for a single or a return on the stagecoach airshow bus 510?
Think a single last year was 2 quid odd, with a return being something like £3.50? Could be wrong though.
tyresmoke   22 Jul 2014, 9:07 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 9:03 pm)AIG20 wrote 22040 has had its rear end repaired after its crash on the A167 a few weeks ago. It is currently sat at the rear of Sunderland Depot with its rear end coated in white primer/undercoat. It would make sense to give the vehicle a full repaint while its there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dansnorthe...716102781/
Image owned by Flickr user "Dan's Bus Photos".

I would imagine it'll be getting a rear advert, as those parts would have all been painted into livery before application I am sure.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

stagecoachbusdepot   22 Jul 2014, 9:23 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 10:30 am)Dan wrote I'd imagine Stockton's remaining Olympians plus ALX300s from Sunderland.

Not 36082, was out on the 8's today.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Youngymmv   22 Jul 2014, 10:15 pm
Any reason for 19194 to have undergone repaint so soon? Only a year or so between

Kind regards

Chris
Dan   23 Jul 2014, 2:52 am
(22 Jul 2014, 9:23 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Not 36082, was out on the 8's today.
No clue - was only going from what had been passed on.
mrnut85   23 Jul 2014, 4:03 am
(22 Jul 2014, 10:15 pm)Youngymmv wrote Any reason for 19194 to have undergone repaint so soon? Only a year or so between

Kind regards

Chris
No reason, the manager has decided to repaint them that's all
mrnut85   23 Jul 2014, 4:05 am
(22 Jul 2014, 9:07 pm)tyresmoke wrote I would imagine it'll be getting a rear advert, as those parts would have all been painted into livery before application I am sure.
I followed the bus along the A184 and from what I could see, it's a full new rear end so all the parts are white as that is how they are delivered.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   23 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm
SS OPS: the 13:51 svc E1 from south shields is operating approx 10 mins late due to congestion in sunderland

From the SNE twitter page.

Is anyone about to confirm what traffic is like?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Robinwtait.19   23 Jul 2014, 10:05 pm
Hi Dan. I Hope We Get back 22734 from Newcastle very soon any word about are two new 37's coming yet. Regards Robin
Dan   24 Jul 2014, 5:47 am
(23 Jul 2014, 10:05 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Hi Dan. I Hope We Get back 22734 from Newcastle very soon any word about are two new 37's coming yet. Regards Robin
mrnut85 said thst the delivery schedule for them was not running on-time and as such, they're not expected to arrive next week.
col87   24 Jul 2014, 2:39 pm
Anyone know if 22666 is staying at Hartlepool or not
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Roland Pratt   24 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm
(24 Jul 2014, 2:39 pm)col87 wrote Anyone know if 22666 is staying at Hartlepool or not

Apparently its back there since being seen at Sunderland last week.
col87   24 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm
(24 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm)Roland Pratt wrote Apparently its back there since being seen at Sunderland last week.

Yeah it why I asked if it staying here then they really need to remove the advert from the back
Robinwtait.19   24 Jul 2014, 8:06 pm
Does anyone know if 37143/144 are still coming to south shields soon. Is 19197 back on the road yet after it Repaint. Regards Robin
Michael   24 Jul 2014, 8:07 pm
(24 Jul 2014, 8:06 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote Does anyone know if 37143/144 are still coming to south shields soon. Is 19197 back on the road yet after it Repaint. Regards Robin

Both new enviros for south shields are delayed.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Robinwtait.19   24 Jul 2014, 8:14 pm
Sorry. Is 19194 Back at South Shields Yet. Regards Robin
Simmy   24 Jul 2014, 9:10 pm
27725 appears to be having problems with its rear destination display showing an A instead of an E whilst it is on the Economic services. I am guessing that it is a software issue. A few other vehicles such as 22734 (with its flip-dot) have similar issues.

The issue with 27725 only appears to have occurred within the last week or so.
Pages (9)    15 6 79