Poll: best team in the north east
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
sunderland
50.00%
9 50.00%
newcastle
33.33%
6 33.33%
middlesbourgh
0%
0 0%
hartlepool
0%
0 0%
gateshead
5.56%
1 5.56%
south shields
5.56%
1 5.56%
jarrow & boldon roofing
5.56%
1 5.56%
other
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rate Thread
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
|
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
11 Sep 2013, 6:31 pm,
RE: football
(07 Sep 2013, 6:03 pm)aureolin wrote Charity kickabout:
Harps testimonial: now it gets serious

A testimonial match celebrating the 20-year career of former Magpies goalkeeper Steve Harper goes ahead at Gallowgate this Wednesday, 11th September (7pm) when his Select XI face an AC Milan Glorie side.

Saturday brought news from the visitors that a man who played for AC Milan between 1994 and 1996, has appeared for their old boys side and is now based in the local area will feature at SJP.

Presumably Paolo won't be getting the Metro home, but may be helped back over the river via the boot of Mr J.Barton or A.Shearer. Has anyone got David Batty's phone number?

Tickets are now on sale online from NUFC here, by phone (0844 372 1892) and in person from SJP. Despite the club communicating that they are on sale in the main ticket office however, personal callers have been redirected to the matchday ticket office on the Milburn Stand side.

The starting XI is yet to be revealed, but the recipient of the testimonial confirms that he will start and not be benched in order to accommodate Shay Given...

All proceeds benefit local charities and including Harper and current United coaches Steve Stone and Peter Beardsley, the Newcastle squad consists of 30 players:

Tino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley, Joey Barton, John Beresford, Lee Bowyer, Olivier Bernard, Nicky Butt, Lee Clark, Andy Cole, Nicos Dabizas, Kieron Dyer, Les Ferdinand, Ruel Fox, Keith Gillespie, David Ginola, Shay Given, Steve Harper, Brian Kilcline, Paul Kitson, Rob Lee, Liam O'Brien, Darren Peacock, Alessandro Pistone, Scott Sellars, Alan Shearer, Nobby Solano, Pavel Srnicek, Alan Thompson, Steve Watson, Steve Stone.

AC Milan Glorie:

Ibrahim Ba, Franco Baresi, Zvonimir Boban, Angelo Carbone, Alessandro Costacurta, Paolo Di Canio, Roberto Favalli, Federico Giunti, Christian Lantignotti, Gianluigi Lentini, Paolo Maldini, Daniele Massaro, Roberto Mussi, Massimo Oddo, Guiseppe Pancaro, Sebastiano Rossi, Massimo Taibi, Mark van Bommel, Pietro Vierchowod, Christian Vieri

The match referee will be Mark Clattenburg, who also took charge of Alan Shearer's testimonial in 2006.

PS: The Park and Ride services that operate on home match days from the Metro Centre and Newcastle Great Park will both run for the Harper Testimonial game.

Due to the fact the Magpie Movers are not valid for travel by any method of transport on that day however, fares will be payable on both services.

Bet Mr Di Canio gets a heroes welcome fro the Geordie Faithful tonight Big Grin
11 Sep 2013, 9:31 pm,
(11 Sep 2013, 6:31 pm)fozzovmurton wrote Bet Mr Di Canio gets a heroes welcome fro the Geordie Faithful tonight Big Grin

Di Canio got some stick. Barton took him out not long after coming on. Not long afterwards Di Canio bottled an easy ball after seeing Barton heading towards him.

Must admit, Di Canio got allover the pitch. He put his penalty away during the shoot out to a chorus of boos too.
12 Sep 2013, 7:36 am,
(11 Sep 2013, 9:31 pm)Andreos1 wrote Di Canio got some stick. Barton took him out not long after coming on. Not long afterwards Di Canio bottled an easy ball after seeing Barton heading towards him.

Must admit, Di Canio got allover the pitch. He put his penalty away during the shoot out to a chorus of boos too.

Bet he would still be a decent player even though he is 45 years old
24 Sep 2013, 9:38 pm,
Canny shock up in Scotland tonight - with the team I have a new found soft spot for after seeing them earlier this season, beating my traditional Scottish team.

Celtic 0 - 1 Greenock Morton.

Not sure what the headline will be, but it won't beat 'Super Caley Go Ballistic, Celtic Are Atrocious' from a few years back
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
25 Sep 2013, 8:51 am,
Re: RE: football
(24 Sep 2013, 9:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote Canny shock up in Scotland tonight - with the team I have a new found soft spot for after seeing them earlier this season, beating my traditional Scottish team.

Celtic 0 - 1 Greenock Morton.

Not sure what the headline will be, but it won't beat 'Super Caley Go Ballistic, Celtic Are Atrocious' from a few years back

Remember that headline very well, iirc it won all kinds of awards

Marxista Fozz
26 Sep 2013, 9:00 pm,
Has anyone seen this goal for Gateshead last night?

Don't think he will hit a better one ever again.
26 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm,
(26 Sep 2013, 9:00 pm)Andreos1 wrote Has anyone seen this goal for Gateshead last night?

Don't think he will hit a better one ever again.

I was there. What a goal. Never saw one like it before. We went on to win 3-2 Smile
26 Sep 2013, 9:23 pm,
(26 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm)Adam wrote I was there. What a goal. Never saw one like it before. We went on to win 3-2 Smile

Hopefully it can be a stepping stone and the start of a climb up the league.
Noticed there is a new assistant boss there too.

Pretty certain Caskey and Pardew have a history from their time at Reading.
The North East Sports awards may be interesting...
26 Sep 2013, 9:38 pm,
(26 Sep 2013, 9:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote Hopefully it can be a stepping stone and the start of a climb up the league.
Noticed there is a new assistant boss there too.

Pretty certain Caskey and Pardew have a history from their time at Reading.
The North East Sports awards may be interesting...

I'm quietly confident we'll rocket up that league in no time Tongue. Last season, Kidderminster had an even worse start than us yet still finished 2nd, one point behind the champions, Mansfield.

I think Caskey is a great appointment at the club. Mills was saying somewhere that they share a very similar managerial style so they should get on very well together. David Rush though did do a good job as Caskey's predecessor. It's a shame to see him go but that's life I suppose.
26 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm,
(26 Sep 2013, 9:38 pm)Adam wrote I'm quietly confident we'll rocket up that league in no time Tongue. Last season, Kidderminster had an even worse start than us yet still finished 2nd, one point behind the champions, Mansfield.

I think Caskey is a great appointment at the club. Mills was saying somewhere that they share a very similar managerial style so they should get on very well together. David Rush though did do a good job as Caskey's predecessor. It's a shame to see him go but that's life I suppose.

Has he gone completely?
He hadn't been there long, but it would have been nice to maintain some stability
26 Sep 2013, 9:52 pm,
(26 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote Has he gone completely?
He hadn't been there long, but it would have been nice to maintain some stability

I'm pretty sure he's gone completely judging by his Tweets.

"All the best to @GatesheadFC to get promotion this year if not next year".

Peter Grant from Look North tweeted Rush saying, "Sad to say goodbye to @garyneash & @davidrushsafc they've been big characters at @GatesheadFC"

(Gary Neasham was the physio. His last game was on Tuesday night).
29 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm,
Sunderland have liverpool all over but are down 1-0... Howard Webb cant ref for shit... their goal was hand ball, he had a clear view

2-0 now Sad
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
29 Sep 2013, 3:54 pm,
(29 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm)Michael wrote Sunderland have liverpool all over but are down 1-0... Howard Webb cant ref for shit... their goal was hand ball, he had a clear view

2-0 now Sad

I thought it would have been Moses who would part the Red (and white) Sea, not Sturridge and Suarez!
29 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm,
2-1 now game on.. the italian dude scored.. cant spell hes name
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
29 Sep 2013, 4:48 pm,
3-1 liverpool.. unlucky Sunderland have played well all game

FT: Sunderland 1 --- Liverpool 3

Unlucky, Sunderland played their best game so far, to me i thought we were unlucky
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
29 Sep 2013, 6:29 pm,
Re: RE: football
(29 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm)Michael wrote 2-1 now game on.. the italian dude scored.. cant spell hes name

That would be Emanuele Giaccherini...

Damn, I hope I got that right
29 Sep 2013, 6:33 pm,
(29 Sep 2013, 6:29 pm)fozzovmurton wrote That would be Emanuele Giaccherini...

Damn, I hope I got that right

It was thanks =D. couldn't spell hes name
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
29 Sep 2013, 6:46 pm,
Thought Sunderland looked decent today. As much as I dislike him, Sunderland were missing Lee Cattermole, and the last two games have shown exactly why. Proper captain material unlike O'Shea. On the negative side though, Johnson may have not been playing today for what effort he put in. Altidore, in my opinion, is not good enough either.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
02 Oct 2013, 3:00 pm,
looks like darlo are moving home in the near future, sharing Blackwell Meadows with Darlington RFC

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/darlington...57505.html
11 Oct 2013, 7:18 pm,
Is anyone else watching this sh!te on ITV?