Menu

Pages (6) 1 2 36   
Acky81   29 Dec 2013, 12:44 am
Well looks like we going back in time as numbered bus stop flags are back. Spotted a few around Sunderland. Grangetown doxford international and Newcastle road. They look great
Acky81   30 Dec 2013, 12:47 am
Spotted loads more today
Dan   02 Jan 2014, 1:37 pm
Nexus are failing already... 230 is a no-no!
Attached Files
.jpg
20140102_133606.jpg (Size 2.16 MB Downloads 90)
Acky81   05 Jan 2014, 12:20 am
Nexus are useless. 230 long gone again. I wonder how fast they get the 29 on there
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   05 Jan 2014, 8:31 am
(05 Jan 2014, 12:20 am)Acky81 wrote Nexus are useless. 230 long gone again. I wonder how fast they get the 29 on there

April? They will be sticking the little yellow notices up again for the Jan 26th changes - 'timetables will be updated when we can be arsed, for now..check online!'
Michael   05 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm
(05 Jan 2014, 5:41 pm)ADLEnviro wrote What saddens me about this is, these are the blokes that think they can do a better job of running the whole bus system and they can't even get the stops and timetable information right.

Agree, they putting they numbers back on... and they will have to change them again after the 26.1.14, i have to say, they look smart though

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Acky81   06 Jan 2014, 12:45 am
(05 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm)Michael wrote Agree, they putting they numbers back on... and they will have to change them again after the 26.1.14, i have to say, they look smart though

Looks smart tad small though. Anyone got any more pics of stop errors
Acky81   06 Jan 2014, 12:46 am
(05 Jan 2014, 5:41 pm)ADLEnviro wrote What saddens me about this is, these are the blokes that think they can do a better job of running the whole bus system and they can't even get the stops and timetable information right.

Agreed I could do a better job
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   06 Jan 2014, 4:46 am
(06 Jan 2014, 12:45 am)Acky81 wrote Looks smart tad small though. Anyone got any more pics of stop errors

I will at the end of this month, until late on in the following month no doubt?? Tongue
Dan   12 Jan 2014, 8:30 pm
All of the City Centre bus stops appear to have been updated, including the ones on St. Mary's Way (which has also had a new bus stop shelter implemented - looks dead fancy) and High Street West in Sunderland.

Seems daft really... None of the buses go there anymore from today!
Michael   12 Jan 2014, 8:37 pm
(12 Jan 2014, 8:30 pm)Dan wrote All of the City Centre bus stops appear to have been updated, including the ones on St. Mary's Way (which has also had a new bus stop shelter implemented - looks dead fancy) and High Street West in Sunderland.

Seems daft really... None of the buses go there anymore from today!

The bus stop on st marys has being thier for ages, also noticed they have installed the new bus stop on the new road layout.

Looking forward for the new road opening.. havent being down for a while but last time i was their,(about starr of december), it looks no where near done.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
idiot   14 Jan 2014, 4:49 pm
It's a shame the numbers are not in numerical order!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   14 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm
Do these stops have the digital displays
Dan   14 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm
(14 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm)gtomlinson wrote Do these stops have the digital displays

Nexus don't divulge in such expenses for locations besides Durham Road in Gateshead, he'way...! This is Sunderland we are talking about.
BJ10VUS   14 Jan 2014, 6:50 pm
(14 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm)Dan wrote Nexus don't divulge in such expenses for locations besides Durham Road in Gateshead, he'way...! This is Sunderland we are talking about.

Most of the digital displays not in Interchanges display "Please use timetable" anyway, so it's not like Sunderland are missing out! Tongue
CatsFast101   15 Jan 2014, 4:04 pm
(14 Jan 2014, 6:50 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Most of the digital displays not in Interchanges display "Please use timetable" anyway, so it's not like Sunderland are missing out! Tongue

Durham County council went through this phase of putting digital displays at interchanges and calling points. They have boards at Seaham Harbour & Murton Woods Terrace, the former displays information at stand C & D with the 238 & X7 not existing should the display boards be believed while Stand A, B, E show "Use timetable" as do the ones at Woods Terrace. Dalton Park, unusually, doesn't have one which might be useful.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   15 Jan 2014, 5:42 pm
(14 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm)Dan wrote Nexus don't divulge in such expenses for locations besides Durham Road in Gateshead, he'way...! This is Sunderland we are talking about.

Can't help being upmarket in Low Fell and Birtley Big Grin

Those bus stops on Durham Road have QR codes which now provide real time information (not Go Ahead system)
Michael   24 Jan 2014, 8:19 am
Noticed the bus stop at royal hospital stand B (where the 18 runs past) has the X36 and 99A included on the stop where the numbers are.
Least their being updated.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   24 Jan 2014, 4:53 pm
(24 Jan 2014, 8:19 am)Michael wrote Noticed the bus stop at royal hospital stand B (where the 18 runs past) has the X36 and 99A included on the stop where the numbers are.
Least their being updated.

Last Stop on John Street had the 29A/X36 on it from what I noticed Today
Acky81   27 Jan 2014, 1:10 pm
They always were in numerical order so which lazy careless person decided not to do it
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Acky81   08 Mar 2014, 1:41 am
Has anyone noticed all new bus stop flags start with go north east services is that a sign stagecoach are leaving the north east
Dan   08 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm
(08 Mar 2014, 1:41 am)Acky81 wrote Has anyone noticed all new bus stop flags start with go north east services is that a sign stagecoach are leaving the north east

I doubt it...

On another note, does anyone know why a Nexus temporary bus stop was in use in Ashington today? Being outside of Tyne & Wear, I'm surprised Nexus used one of their temporary bus stops...
peter   08 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm
(08 Mar 2014, 1:41 am)Acky81 wrote Has anyone noticed all new bus stop flags start with go north east services is that a sign stagecoach are leaving the north east

I doubt it highly. G (for Go North East) is before S (for Stagecoach North East) in the alphabet so it could possibly be something to do with that.

(Just realised Dan beat me to the obvious reply 'I doubt it')
tyresmoke   08 Mar 2014, 7:13 pm
(08 Mar 2014, 6:34 pm)Dan wrote I doubt it...

On another note, does anyone know why a Nexus temporary bus stop was in use in Ashington today? Being outside of Tyne & Wear, I'm surprised Nexus used one of their temporary bus stops...

I think its more down to the roadworks companies taking hold of the replacement stops and putting them out. We've had ones with First logos being used on Teesside before.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   20 Mar 2014, 9:43 am
talking of mistakes on bus stops yesterday after I was in Ingeus, I was stood waiting for a bus on Athanaeum Street in Sunderland the top bus stop(39/42) has a sticker on it for the 29, but it's timetable is displayed on the stop a few yards down where the 5/18 go from Confused
Acky81   20 Mar 2014, 10:20 am
(20 Mar 2014, 9:43 am)marxistafozzski wrote talking of mistakes on bus stops yesterday after I was in Ingeus, I was stood waiting for a bus on Athanaeum Street in Sunderland the top bus stop(39/42) has a sticker on it for the 29, but it's timetable is displayed on the stop a few yards down where the 5/18 go from Confused

Nexus haven't got a clue in sunderland
Andreos1   20 Mar 2014, 9:02 pm
(20 Mar 2014, 7:05 pm)ADLEnviro wrote Totally agree there, I would have also put and don't give a toss on the end though.

I feel sorry for people that read the wrong information that nexus display.............an example below is for the bus stop at Gilley Law turning circle where one stop is used for both directions. Looking at this timetable the 5 and 5A only operate between Gilley Law and Sunderland but the truth is Monday to Saturday day time it operates to Doxford Park. The timetable that is displayed runs to the Docks and what makes this even worse is the section between Sunderland and the Docks that is not shown is the part that Nexus secure.

Gilley Law Bus Stop Timetable

Using the same service for another example. The timetable is a mess for the 5A as nexus think Monday to Saturday it operates Thorney Close, North Moor, Moorside, Doxford Park, Farrringdon then Gilley Law. On a sunday they think it terminates at North Moor and runs empty to Gilly Law for its next trip.

Nexus Service 5/5A timetable

Just a reminder this is the organisation that (think they) can do a better job at running bus services.

Just playing devils advocate, but is it Nexus who are consistently making mistakes with timetables or are there issues with the information they're being provided?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Adrian   20 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm
(20 Mar 2014, 7:05 pm)ADLEnviro wrote Totally agree there, I would have also put and don't give a toss on the end though.

I feel sorry for people that read the wrong information that nexus display.............an example below is for the bus stop at Gilley Law turning circle where one stop is used for both directions. Looking at this timetable the 5 and 5A only operate between Gilley Law and Sunderland but the truth is Monday to Saturday day time it operates to Doxford Park. The timetable that is displayed runs to the Docks and what makes this even worse is the section between Sunderland and the Docks that is not shown is the part that Nexus secure.

Gilley Law Bus Stop Timetable

Using the same service for another example. The timetable is a mess for the 5A as nexus think Monday to Saturday it operates Thorney Close, North Moor, Moorside, Doxford Park, Farrringdon then Gilley Law. On a sunday they think it terminates at North Moor and runs empty to Gilly Law for its next trip.

Nexus Service 5/5A timetable

Just a reminder this is the organisation that (think they) can do a better job at running bus services.

I don't think that's the case at all. There's no benefit to Nexus by putting out inaccurate information. I'd imagine the information that they do get is accurate though, as wouldn't that be the same information that goes to VOSA? Mistakes are more than likely down to public sector workers being asked to do more than is physically possible in the day, due to politically driven spending reductions.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   20 Mar 2014, 10:13 pm
I have to admit, having recently been to a few areas where other PTEs operate, Nexus do seem to be a bit lacking in certain areas. For example, MerseyTravel, West Yorkshire Metro & GMPTE all have regulation style timetables for most local services operating in their areas whereas, in Tyne and Wear, there seems to be a lack of co-ordination resulting in each operator producing their own timetables with limited access. When I was Manchester, all the bus stops I waited at were all adorned with a GMPTE flag listing service numbers with an up-to-date timetable attached to the stop. This used to be the case in Tyne & Wear but poor upkeep meant that many stops displayed incorrect information.

I'm not saying that all of this is solely down to Nexus as there are probably a whole host of internal problems between the organisation and the bus companies involved. However, after visiting other areas, and I'm the first to admit that it may well be a case of 'the grass is always greener', it does make you wonder about the efficacy of Nexus.
Adrian   20 Mar 2014, 10:21 pm
(20 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm)ADLEnviro wrote Don't give a toss means they not bothered about the information being incorrect, not that they are trying to benefit from it. The mistakes have been pointed out on at least two occasions that I know of and even though updates have been made twice they have not corrected the information.

Nexus have quite a few members of staff that work in this department, I know a handful personally and they are not run of there feet. Spending reductions???? Is this the massive advertising campaign currently running about fitting wifi to more buses, more buses could have been fitted if spending reductions had been forced upon the advertising campaign. Or is this the soon to be mail out to every household within 400 yards of the 19 key bus routes in Tyne and Wear with all the journey information they will ever need, hope they direct them to the correct information.

Why would they not be bothered though? If I worked in that dept and someone pointed a mistake out to me, I'd want to personally change it? I cant see why the organisation I work for would prevent me doing that?

They've been given a grant of which I assume marketing would be budgeted within? Isn't it a 'better bus by area' fund? It'd be a pretty pointless grant if no one knows about it.

Spending reductions as in austerity measures. Every publicly funded body is going through a spending reduction programme. It wasn't that long ago that Nexus made 1 in every 10 posts redundant.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Pages (6) 1 2 36