Menu

Pages (13)    17 8 913   
Retro Nero   22 Aug 2022, 3:50 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 3:18 pm)Unber43 wrote Ah so X20 is cancelled.
There extending the 20 to Langley Park and introducing a 20A to serve Dairy Lane and Rainton Bridge

35 is going Streetlights
Unber43   22 Aug 2022, 3:52 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 2:50 pm)Storx wrote Why would the 65 be upgraded to Decker's it's already had it's frequency cut and is down to hourly on a temporary timetable.

Also it's not really a surprise the Cherry's are going. The Merc's are on borrowed time, it's pretty obvious when the Streetdeck's go to their new route and the electrics come into play at Riverside they won't be around for long.
Yes, but the 65 is rammed, multiple users have confirmed it. Its had massive passenger growth since the Streetlites have been put on, however many of them has been delayed due to high number of passengers.
Dan   22 Aug 2022, 5:39 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 3:29 pm)omnicity4659 wrote Not sure if the route is permanently cancelled, but the Citaros are. As Retro Nero says, it's thought that the Violets will be the only ones staying.

Are they? Or are they just being mothballed temporarily while the X20 itself is temporarily cancelled?

It would be great if speculation was marked as such!
Jimmi   22 Aug 2022, 5:49 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 3:32 pm)Unber43 wrote But then what are going on the 35 & Increase PVR in the 20.

There isn't enough buses at Deptford.
There's currently enough Prince Bishop's liveried Lite's to cover the 20/20A.

I've just noticed that the 20A's get 23 minutes layover in Durham.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   22 Aug 2022, 5:52 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 3:18 pm)Unber43 wrote Ah so X20 is cancelled.

There still be journeys between Sunderland and Doxford as X20, 6 journeys from Doxford and 4 journeys from Sunderland.

Also who does the timetable info on bustimes.org, is it any Tom , dick and Harry who does it, as the 20A route description info has that service going to Langley Park and not the 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unber43   22 Aug 2022, 6:04 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 5:52 pm)cbma06 wrote There still be journeys between Sunderland and Doxford as X20, 6 journeys from Doxford and 4 journeys from Sunderland.

Also who does the timetable info on bustimes.org, is it any Tom , dick and Harry who does it, as the 20A route description info has that service going to Langley Park and not the 20.

20A makes more sense during the day, 20 on an evening
Storx   22 Aug 2022, 6:06 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 5:52 pm)cbma06 wrote There still be journeys between Sunderland and Doxford as X20, 6 journeys from Doxford and 4 journeys from Sunderland.

They're automated from the timetable information I believe, they're quite often wrong tbh.

1, Amble to Blyth
81, Stokesley to Marske
X1, Darlington - Tow Law - Stanhope
306, Newcastle to Tynemouth

Just to pick a few out.
busmanT   22 Aug 2022, 10:26 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 5:39 pm)Dan wrote Are they? Or are they just being mothballed temporarily while the X20 itself is temporarily cancelled?

It would be great if speculation was marked as such!
I struggle to know what's fact and what's speculation on here these days!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   22 Aug 2022, 11:23 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 10:26 pm)busmanT wrote I struggle to know what's fact and what's speculation on here these days!

I remember having to cop flack for suggesting the X22's "temporary withdrawal" would go the way that the X9 did the second time around and in the end that's essentially what happened, with instances like that in mind plus the amount of changes/cuts just in the last twelve months, can you honestly blame us for assuming the X20 will befall the same fate regardless of any facts/logic?

(22 Aug 2022, 6:06 pm)Storx wrote They're automated from the timetable information I believe, they're quite often wrong tbh.

1, Amble to Blyth
81, Stokesley to Marske
X1, Darlington - Tow Law - Stanhope
306, Newcastle to Tynemouth

Just to pick a few out.

The X1 in this list is actually correct as there's one trip a day from Stanhope on a morning and return in the evening during term time.
peter   22 Aug 2022, 11:27 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 11:23 pm)Jimmi wrote I remember having to cop flack for suggesting the X22's "temporary withdrawal" would go the way that the X9 did the second time around and in the end that's essentially what happened, with instances like that in mind plus the amount of changes/cuts just in the last twelve months, can you honestly blame us for assuming the X20 will befall the same fate regardless of any facts/logic?

The X1 in this list is actually correct as there's one trip a day from Stanhope on a morning and return in the evening during term time.

It's actually listed on BusTimes as just Tow Law - Stanhope, which is obviously incorrect (tho like you say there is a schoolday extension to Stanhope). I assume Storx just got mixed up when writing his post and included the correct Darlington bit too.
Jimmi   22 Aug 2022, 11:42 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 11:27 pm)peter wrote It's actually listed on BusTimes as just Tow Law - Stanhope, which is obviously incorrect (tho like you say there is a schoolday extension to Stanhope). I assume Storx just got mixed up when writing his post and included the correct Darlington bit too.
My mistake, can tell I didn't look at the page myself lol

Looking now and it seems to be an issue with many of Arriva's split reg services on there such as the 6's extention to Barnard Castle in the same sense of the X1, then there's the X4 just showing Whithy - Loftus as the header as another example, also routes showing terminal points the service no longer runs to: 81 Stokesley and 86 Trimdon Village.
Storx   23 Aug 2022, 7:53 am
(22 Aug 2022, 11:27 pm)peter wrote It's actually listed on BusTimes as just Tow Law - Stanhope, which is obviously incorrect (tho like you say there is a schoolday extension to Stanhope). I assume Storx just got mixed up when writing his post and included the correct Darlington bit too.

(22 Aug 2022, 11:42 pm)Jimmi wrote My mistake, can tell I didn't look at the page myself lol

Looking now and it seems to be an issue with many of Arriva's split reg services on there such as the 6's extention to Barnard Castle in the same sense of the X1, then there's the X4 just showing Whithy - Loftus as the header as another example, also routes showing terminal points the service no longer runs to: 81 Stokesley and 86 Trimdon Village.

tbf I thought the Stanhope extension was long gone so was more a mistake.

The Stagecoach ones are just as bad as all the merged registrations are the same so you end up with stuff like 71 - Grainger Street - Chapel Park, Chapel House or Newbiggin Hall which is also wrong as it goes to Throckley now instead.

I'm guessing it's down to GNE quite regularly reregistering routes whereas Arriva still have services connected which haven't been around for over a decade; 363, X4 and X25 at Blyth just to pick a few out.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ian foster   23 Aug 2022, 8:20 am
(23 Aug 2022, 7:53 am)What has all this got to do with repaints. Please keep this to the correct threads. wrote tbf I thought the Stanhope extension was long gone so was more a mistake.

The Stagecoach ones are just as bad as all the merged registrations are the same so you end up with stuff like 71 - Grainger Street - Chapel Park, Chapel House or Newbiggin Hall which is also wrong as it goes to Throckley now instead.

I'm guessing it's down to GNE quite regularly reregistering routes whereas Arriva still have services connected which haven't been around for over a decade; 363, X4 and X25 at Blyth just to pick a few out.
[quote pid="283491" dateline="1661241203"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
ne14ne1   23 Aug 2022, 10:04 am
What’s all the above got to do with Corp
livery repaints?
Ray   24 Aug 2022, 9:50 pm
The first (or at least one of the first) Ex-Go North West motor, 3205/37283 has been given Roadway livery and a retrim.

6185 - MX07 BRZ https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/5230...ed-public/

Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/

12 Years on Flickr 2011-2023 - With over 42 million all-time hits!
Unber43   24 Aug 2022, 10:02 pm
(24 Aug 2022, 9:50 pm)Ray wrote The first (or at least one of the first) Ex-Go North West motor, 3205/37283 has been given Roadway livery and a retrim.

Looks a lot nicer than the 39** G1's 

Granted they are a year older.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ALavery   25 Aug 2022, 8:30 am
(24 Aug 2022, 9:50 pm)Ray wrote The first (or at least one of the first) Ex-Go North West motor, 3205/37283 has been given Roadway livery and a retrim.

excluding the omnidekkas and the ex london fleet. Isn’t this like the only double deck bus in GNE to have low back seating? Just a weird observation. I don’t know why they don’t do it more often, it makes a bus actually feel like a bus.
streetdeckfan   25 Aug 2022, 8:45 am
(25 Aug 2022, 8:30 am)ALavery wrote excluding the omnidekkas and the ex london fleet. Isn’t this like the only double deck bus in GNE to have low back seating? Just a weird observation. I don’t know why they don’t do it more often, it makes a bus actually feel like a bus.

So, excluding all of the buses that have low back seating, GNE don't have any buses with low back seating?
ALavery   25 Aug 2022, 4:55 pm
(25 Aug 2022, 8:45 am)streetdeckfan wrote So, excluding all of the buses that have low back seating, GNE don't have any buses with low back seating?

I guess what I meant was out of the newer stuff…
streetdeckfan   25 Aug 2022, 5:17 pm
(25 Aug 2022, 4:55 pm)ALavery wrote I guess what I meant was out of the newer stuff…

I presume you mean GNE haven't actually specified low back seats in any of their buses that they've ordered, only ones they've got second hand?

The only buses I can think of they've ordered 'recently' with low back seats would be the X66 Streetlites, which seemed strange to me considering other Streetlites ordered at the same time had the high back seats. I can't imagine they saved much on the 4? buses!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Storx   25 Aug 2022, 6:19 pm
(25 Aug 2022, 5:17 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I presume you mean GNE haven't actually specified low back seats in any of their buses that they've ordered, only ones they've got second hand?

The only buses I can think of they've ordered 'recently' with low back seats would be the X66 Streetlites, which seemed strange to me considering other Streetlites ordered at the same time had the high back seats. I can't imagine they saved much on the 4? buses!

All the Versa's and the Drifter and 8xxx Streetlite's all have low back seats aswell.
ALavery   25 Aug 2022, 6:36 pm
(25 Aug 2022, 5:17 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I presume you mean GNE haven't actually specified low back seats in any of their buses that they've ordered, only ones they've got second hand?

Yes that’s it, I’m not too good with my english lmao. But maybe the X66 situation was because they weren’t intended for longer journeys? Not sure if they just thought those streetlites were gonna be on there forever like but… never know
Unber43   25 Aug 2022, 6:41 pm
(25 Aug 2022, 6:36 pm)ALavery wrote Yes that’s it, I’m not too good with my english lmao. But maybe the X66 situation was because they weren’t intended for longer journeys? Not sure if they just thought those streetlites were gonna be on there forever like but… never know
I think it was mentioned somewhere that the X66 Streetlites were specifically designed for that route, which is why they never had USBs, Wifi, High Back Seats. 

Really it was a bad decision which again shows GNE not really long term thinking.
streetdeckfan   25 Aug 2022, 6:55 pm
(25 Aug 2022, 6:19 pm)Storx wrote All the Versa's and the Drifter and 8xxx Streetlite's all have low back seats aswell.

Yeah, but they're a few years older still, plus I believe the 15 plates were the first to introduce the new interior spec with the e-leather and wood effect floors, weren't they?

(25 Aug 2022, 6:36 pm)ALavery wrote Yes that’s it, I’m not too good with my english lmao. But maybe the X66 situation was because they weren’t intended for longer journeys? Not sure if they just thought those streetlites were gonna be on there forever like but… never know

I just don't understand why they would do that though, order 4 base spec and then another 25 with WiFI, NSA, USB/Sockets and high back seats at the same time.
Surely by the time they're spending that much, it just makes sense to order 29 of the same!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Unber43   25 Aug 2022, 6:58 pm
(25 Aug 2022, 6:55 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Yeah, but they're a few years older still, plus I believe the 15 plates were the first to introduce the new interior spec with the e-leather and wood effect floors, weren't they?
I think they are only 12 months older from when the Drifters were introduced to when the X66 ones were ordered.
Storx   25 Aug 2022, 7:30 pm
(25 Aug 2022, 6:55 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Yeah, but they're a few years older still, plus I believe the 15 plates were the first to introduce the new interior spec with the e-leather and wood effect floors, weren't they?

Yeah either them or the 15 plate Solo's can't remember which ones turned up first tbh. It is odd tbf why them 4 are different spec mind.
ALavery   25 Aug 2022, 8:51 pm

I just don't understand why they would do that though, order 4 base spec and then another 25 with WiFI, NSA, USB/Sockets and high back seats at the same time.
Surely by the time they're spending that much, it just makes sense to order 29 of the same!

To be fair though I think they look a hell of a lot nicer that way it emphasises that urban route vibe and makes a bus feel like a bus, although they need USBs considering They’re on a route that’s almost an hour. When you have high backs on 90% of routes it makes others (X-Lines in mind) not seem as special as they’re meant to be. The wood floors and that garish blue interior really don’t go together.
Retro Nero   28 Aug 2022, 7:59 am
Ex East Yorkshire Gemini in corporate parked up at Deptford, will try to get fleet number later
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Retro Nero   31 Aug 2022, 1:36 pm
(22 Aug 2022, 3:50 pm)Retro Nero wrote There extending the 20 to Langley Park and introducing a 20A to serve Dairy Lane and Rainton Bridge

35 is going Streetlights
Depotford engineering have said Versas for 35s
Unber43   31 Aug 2022, 1:41 pm
(31 Aug 2022, 1:36 pm)Retro Nero wrote Depotford engineering have said Versas for 35s
I hope they'll be refurbed. 

If they get the QuayCity you might aswell just re-brand the 35's S&D Failed, but they need a repaint so why not
Pages (13)    17 8 913