Menu

Pages (9)    17 8 9   
Busu284   13 Jul 2023, 12:26 pm
Okay so my mate has pulled up the route map and it seems to be the R1 without Clara Vale in it. So its the R1 as far as Woodside Lane. By route map just bringing up the via point listed
Michael   15 Jul 2023, 8:28 am
(13 Jul 2023, 11:09 am)Michael wrote Registration number PB0003954/1397
Licence Number PB0003954
Variation number0
Status New
Service number.R2, R2
Service type Normal Stopping
Start point Blaydon
Finish point Woodside Lane
Via Crookhill, Ryton Village
Date received 13 Jul 2023
Effective date 24 Jul 2023
End date
Supported by subsidies?In Part
Local authorities covered by routeNexus (Tyne & Wear)
TAOs covered by routeNorth East of England

Timetable now on the NEXUS site:

https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...230723.pdf

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Drifter60   15 Jul 2023, 3:38 pm
With the 23rd July changes on the GNE site, I’ve noticed it could be read as if the 39 would be going to Washington every 30 minutes… obviously timetable confirms it isn’t.

Also I notice, GNE will be accepting and allow purchases of their own tickets on the 99/393 which is a different position to Stagecoach isn’t it?

51/52 & 93/94 are now in corporate colours on their PDF timetables.
Storx   15 Jul 2023, 3:54 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 3:38 pm)Drifter60 wrote With the 23rd July changes on the GNE site, I’ve noticed it could be read as if the 39 would be going to Washington every 30 minutes… obviously timetable confirms it isn’t.

Also I notice, GNE will be accepting and allow purchases of their own tickets on the 99/393 which is a different position to Stagecoach isn’t it?

They've also had the website updated aswell bar the logo is still showing for now.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
V514DFT   15 Jul 2023, 6:18 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 3:38 pm)Drifter60 wrote With the 23rd July changes on the GNE site, I’ve noticed it could be read as if the 39 would be going to Washington every 30 minutes… obviously timetable confirms it isn’t.

393?, do you mean the 939, or is the 393 something ive missed

Kind Regards
Tez
Michael   15 Jul 2023, 6:35 pm

Think that confirms the Streetlites will go to Percy Main for the 352-355 services...... off for another repaint........

Wonder if the ex London deckers will be allocated to the 51/52/93/94 will allocated to the routes?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Storx   15 Jul 2023, 6:37 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 6:35 pm)Michael wrote Think that confirms the Streetlites will go to Percy Main for the 352-355 services...... off for another repaint........

Wonder if the ex London deckers will be allocated to the 51/52/93/94 will allocated to the routes?

Aye I'd say so, imagine they'll just have a pool of them, with the 57 in it aswell, believe they're done by deckers aswell. Luckily they can all use Euro 4 buses until they turn up. Wouldn't be surprised to the see 58 brand ditched aswell soon as it's pretty naff anyway.
V514DFT   15 Jul 2023, 7:29 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 6:37 pm)Storx wrote Aye I'd say so, imagine they'll just have a pool of them, with the 57 in it aswell, believe they're done by deckers aswell. Luckily they can all use Euro 4 buses until they turn up. Wouldn't be surprised to the see 58 brand ditched aswell soon as it's pretty naff anyway.

So does that mean the 352-355 will likely be interworking?

Kind Regards
Tez
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Storx   15 Jul 2023, 7:48 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 7:29 pm)V514DFT wrote So does that mean the 352-355 will likely be interworking?

I think they are aren't they? Think someone leaked the timetable. Believe it's doing 354 -> 355 -> 352 -> 353 or 353 -> 352 -> 355 -> 354 similar to now pretty much really.
ne14ne1   15 Jul 2023, 7:55 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 6:35 pm)Michael wrote Think that confirms the Streetlites will go to Percy Main for the 352-355 services...... off for another repaint........

Sorry if I’m not following correctly. So will the Orbit Streetlites be  painted into Corporate?

I’m all for repainting buses into Corporate livery rather than route brands, but didn’t a corporate streetlite just get painted into Coaster livery (because of panel damage or whatever)? 
Surely it could’ve just been partially repainted and kept corporate, then paint an Orbit streetlite into Coaster .

I’m probably missing something.
KingSlayerRBLX   15 Jul 2023, 10:00 pm

Sounds most likely to be Double Decker allocation for 51/52/93/94.
I think some of the Streetlites are going onto the 57 and the rest to Percy Main.
Storx   15 Jul 2023, 10:08 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 10:00 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote Sounds most likely to be Double Decker allocation for 51/52/93/94.
I think some of the Streetlites are going onto the 57 and the rest to Percy Main.

I have been wrong about stuff like this before, but I'd be surprised if they keep a microfleet of Streetlite's at Riverside just for the 57. There's no other Streetlite routes there without the Orbit.

Quick maths without working it out, there shouldn't be enough either. The 3xx PVR should be 8/9 (could be off) and there's only 11 of them.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
busmanT   16 Jul 2023, 7:09 am

North Tyneside Orbit??
Drifter60   16 Jul 2023, 1:13 pm
(15 Jul 2023, 6:18 pm)V514DFT wrote 393?, do you mean the 939, or is the 393 something ive missed

Apologies I did mean 939!!

(16 Jul 2023, 7:09 am)busmanT wrote North Tyneside Orbit??

Yeah I’m going to guess that the orbit StreetLites won’t get repainted. Like what happened the East Durham Explorer buses that went to the 61. Did those StreetLites have 65 sub branding removed? I’m also pretty sure one had a rear advert for the beach at Seaham and another had a rear display about Durham city, the 61 of course serves neither location…
ne14ne1   16 Jul 2023, 1:26 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 7:09 am)busmanT wrote North Tyneside Orbit??

Orbiting what exactly?
Andreos1   16 Jul 2023, 1:39 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 1:26 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Orbiting what exactly?

Various routes in North Tyneside until their inevitable culling.
The possibly redeployed unless additional funding comes available.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ne14ne1   16 Jul 2023, 1:52 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 1:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote Various routes in North Tyneside until their inevitable culling.
The possibly redeployed unless additional funding comes available.

They’re not circular routes though I’m guessing so I don’t understand the theory.

Start peeling those vinyls.
Drifter60   16 Jul 2023, 2:17 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 1:52 pm)ne14ne1 wrote They’re not circular routes though I’m guessing so I don’t understand the theory.

I get what you’re saying, and you are correct. The orbit brand has a clear connotation of a circular route/routes. But that’s because we’ve always known it as such. As I say, if it does happen it’s not because the brand fit’s brilliantly, it’s a case of the cheapest way to do it. Repainting 11 buses into a new brand which would need designing or corporate colours, when there’s a brand there that will be surplus to requirements soon and it means these new commercial routes can sit under 1 ready-made brand which can be promoted on their socials etc. 

East Durham Explorer doesn’t fit the 61 that well either, it was clearly an attempt to market leisure and tourism opportunities at either terminus of the 65, Seaham and Durham. Now it’s on the 61 and there’s only Dalton Park you’d possibly want to ‘explore’, there’s not exactly much in Peterlee, Murton or South Hetton!
mb134   16 Jul 2023, 3:51 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 2:17 pm)Drifter60 wrote I get what you’re saying, and you are correct. The orbit brand has a clear connotation of a circular route/routes. But that’s because we’ve always known it as such. As I say, if it does happen it’s not because the brand fit’s brilliantly, it’s a case of the cheapest way to do it. Repainting 11 buses into a new brand which would need designing or corporate colours, when there’s a brand there that will be surplus to requirements soon and it means these new commercial routes can sit under 1 ready-made brand which can be promoted on their socials etc. 

East Durham Explorer doesn’t fit the 61 that well either, it was clearly an attempt to market leisure and tourism opportunities at either terminus of the 65, Seaham and Durham. Now it’s on the 61 and there’s only Dalton Park you’d possibly want to ‘explore’, there’s not exactly much in Peterlee, Murton or South Hetton!

Again it's showing how the decisions made under previous management are hampering the company now. 

Realistically, a 'North Tyneside Orbit' brand doesn't fit with what majority of people would see an orbit as being, or have any sort of local connection at all. The most logical solution would be to simply paint them into a corporate livery and be done with it, which would offer greater operational flexibility.
Storx   16 Jul 2023, 6:15 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 2:17 pm)Drifter60 wrote I get what you’re saying, and you are correct. The orbit brand has a clear connotation of a circular route/routes. But that’s because we’ve always known it as such. As I say, if it does happen it’s not because the brand fit’s brilliantly, it’s a case of the cheapest way to do it. Repainting 11 buses into a new brand which would need designing or corporate colours, when there’s a brand there that will be surplus to requirements soon and it means these new commercial routes can sit under 1 ready-made brand which can be promoted on their socials etc. 

Reminds me of the Pink Panther years ago on the similar routes which GNE has culled now which made absolutely no sense up here either. Most people probably don't get that brand at all, but must say it was quite a clever one.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   16 Jul 2023, 6:29 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 6:15 pm)Storx wrote Reminds me of the Pink Panther years ago on the similar routes which GNE has culled now which made absolutely no sense up here either. Most people probably don't get that brand at all, but must say it was quite a clever one.

Wasn’t the Pink Panther brand solos for the short lived D64 Durham to Arnison Centre during the peak of Arriva and GNE trying to carve up other areas for themselves. Then later transferred to north Tyneside.

If those orbit streetlites transfer to Percy main for those new services in September then I can see alot of mixed allocations of pointless brands being on them with coasters buses eventually being allocated , just paint the buses in corporate colours so it’s more identifiable to the passengers and cause less confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storx   16 Jul 2023, 6:55 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 6:29 pm)cbma06 wrote Wasn’t the Pink Panther brand solos for the short lived D64 Durham to Arnison Centre during the peak of Arriva and GNE trying to carve up other areas for themselves. Then later transferred to north Tyneside.

If those orbit streetlites transfer to Percy main for those new services in September then I can see alot of mixed allocations of pointless brands being on them with coasters buses eventually being allocated , just paint the buses in corporate colours so it’s more identifiable to the passengers and cause less confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they were, hence the brand. Then it got migrated to some MPD's aswell after before becoming Wallsend Links.

Agreed though, with the branding tbh.
V514DFT   16 Jul 2023, 7:33 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 6:15 pm)Storx wrote Reminds me of the Pink Panther years ago on the similar routes which GNE has culled now which made absolutely no sense up here either. Most people probably don't get that brand at all, but must say it was quite a clever one.

Aye the Pink Panther was the 81 Rosehill-Cramlington, geeze im showing my age now

Kind Regards
Tez
Andreos1   16 Jul 2023, 9:21 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 1:52 pm)ne14ne1 wrote They’re not circular routes though I’m guessing so I don’t understand the theory.

You're right. 
They're not.

It was a tongue in cheek reply.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Storx   16 Jul 2023, 9:53 pm
(16 Jul 2023, 7:33 pm)V514DFT wrote Aye the Pink Panther was the 81 Rosehill-Cramlington, geeze im showing my age now

307 and 319 before that, really showing my age Tongue

Didn't actually realise they got onto the 81, thought that launched with the Wallsend Links, another route with more numbers and brands than a lotto machine.
V514DFT   17 Jul 2023, 7:08 am
(16 Jul 2023, 9:53 pm)Storx wrote 307 and 319 before that, really showing my age Tongue

Didn't actually realise they got onto the 81, thought that launched with the Wallsend Links, another route with more numbers and brands than a lotto machine.

No, you're thinking of the 80, that was part of the Wallsend Links, which was later rebranded North Tyneside Links, im surprised i didnt remember the 319 being pink panther as that was one of my local buses, i always thought it was a corporate route

Kind Regards
Tez
Storx   17 Jul 2023, 9:31 am
(17 Jul 2023, 7:08 am)V514DFT wrote No, you're thinking of the 80, that was part of the Wallsend Links, which was later rebranded North Tyneside Links, im surprised i didnt remember the 319 being pink panther as that was one of my local buses, i always thought it was a corporate route

Yeah you're right there's been so many changes with them that I've lost track, totally forgot about the hideous Centurion branding on the dual doors that they had for a bit aswell when it was the 17.
V514DFT   17 Jul 2023, 11:26 am
(17 Jul 2023, 9:31 am)Storx wrote Yeah you're right there's been so many changes with them that I've lost track, totally forgot about the hideous Centurion branding on the dual doors that they had for a bit aswell when it was the 17.

Yeah i agree with that, wasn't a fan of the Centurion 17, the branding looked cheap and nasty, didnt last long before it went corporate Red (at the time)

Kind Regards
Tez
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   17 Jul 2023, 9:22 pm
Not a change (wasn't going to make a new thread) but roadworks which require a shuttle:

Due to roadworks on the A690 at The Raintons, from Thursday 20 July until Thursday 3 August our services 20 and 20A will be unable to access West Rainton. Services are still able to serve East Rainton, albeit with a slight diversion so your journey may take slightly longer than usual.

During the road closure, we are running shuttle service 20S from Houghton-le-Spring Church to West Rainton. Please wait for the shuttle at the Sunderland-bound stop in the town centre.

Timetable: https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...2023_0.pdf

We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused and thank you for your patience.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/20roadworks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Unber43   17 Jul 2023, 9:47 pm
Wonder to save changeovers whether the 20S will work with the 39A, pretty sure the times line up perfectly
Pages (9)    17 8 9