Menu

Pages (100)    182 83 84100   
MurdnunoC   31 Aug 2015, 7:42 am
Forgetting to switch off my week-day alarm. I was looking forward to a slight lie-in today after a late night out.
omnicity4659   31 Aug 2015, 8:13 am
So Arriva are operating a Sunday service today but aren't accepting Teen Cards until after 0900. Well that's my plan for "Seaburn here I come" ruined.
Dan   31 Aug 2015, 8:18 am
(31 Aug 2015, 7:42 am)MurdnunoC wrote Forgetting to switch off my week-day alarm. I was looking forward to a slight lie-in today after a late night out.

I had another alarm set for 19:55 (was a reminder that X Factor was on), so when I was deleting that alarm last night, I realised that I hadn't switched off my usual weekday 05:45am alarm.

Managed to have almost three hours extra sleep, so I'm glad I remembered! Not to rub it in or anything... [emoji14]
Jimmi   31 Aug 2015, 8:38 am
4992 is my 20 to Sunderland!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   31 Aug 2015, 9:37 am
(31 Aug 2015, 8:38 am)Jimmi wrote 4992 is my 20 to Sunderland!
I have now lost the will to live on this!

Are we there yet?
Davie   31 Aug 2015, 9:41 am
I was hoping to go to my first ever Seaburn bus rally, however my parents won't let me!!
Adrian   31 Aug 2015, 10:41 am
(31 Aug 2015, 9:41 am)Davie wrote I was hoping to go to my first ever Seaburn bus rally, however my parents won't let me!!
Unlucky!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
MurdnunoC   31 Aug 2015, 4:14 pm
Is there a shoe-shop in Metrocentre that isn't owned by Mike Ashley?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   31 Aug 2015, 4:19 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 4:14 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Is there a shoe-shop in Metrocentre that isn't owned by Mike Ashley?

I think theres a few... mainly womens though Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jimmi   31 Aug 2015, 4:24 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 4:14 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Is there a shoe-shop in Metrocentre that isn't owned by Mike Ashley?
No idea, Schuh maybe?
Davie   31 Aug 2015, 4:25 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 10:41 am)aureolin wrote Unlucky!

Thankfully I made it, and it was decent apart from hearing a close friend of mine (Bazza) was upset.
BusLoverMum   31 Aug 2015, 7:58 pm

Kurt Geiger? Wink

And yes, Schuh.

I hate shoe shopping.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   31 Aug 2015, 8:05 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 7:58 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Kurt Geiger? Wink

And yes, Schuh.

I hate shoe shopping.

Don't think I'd suit heels but I'm willing to give them a try!

The 'Mike Ashley' comment was precipitated by the fact I'd walked from Scruff Soccer, into USC, then into Sweatshop before realising I was actually looking at the same deals.
BusLoverMum   31 Aug 2015, 8:15 pm
He does seem to be getting pretty ubiquitous when it comes to sportswear. I'll confess that my current trainers are from Sports Direct, mind. It's the only place that had laast year's grey with a little bright pink instead of this year's white with mint green or orange virtually all over Nike Dart 10 and 11. (It's them or granny beige shoes and I might be old, but I'm not ready for granny shoes)
Tom   31 Aug 2015, 8:16 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:05 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Don't think I'd suit heels but I'm willing to give them a try!

The 'Mike Ashley' comment was precipitated by the fact I'd walked from Scruff Soccer, into USC, then into Sweatshop before realising I was actually looking at the same deals.

Is the USC in Metrocentre closing? The one in Newcastle is.

Normally go to JD myself as the one in Newcastle has everything.
Jimmi   31 Aug 2015, 8:21 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:16 pm)Tom wrote Is the USC in Metrocentre closing? The one in Newcastle is.

All USC branches are closing. Newcastle has already gone.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   31 Aug 2015, 8:23 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:21 pm)Jimmi wrote All USC branches are closing. Newcastle has already gone.

Ah that's good then, can't stand that shop. Sports Direct is okay for Newcastle shirts, but the trainer selection there isn't great. Not a fan of Footlocker either, always seems to sell out of fashion shoes.
MurdnunoC   31 Aug 2015, 8:23 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:16 pm)Tom wrote Is the USC in Metrocentre closing? The one in Newcastle is.

They were all closing down a couple of month ago as the company was going into liquidation. 

JD's alright but it's sometimes hard to see what's on offer. The one at Metrocentre isn't that bad, but the one in town shows no distinction between sale items and items which are their usual price.
Tom   31 Aug 2015, 8:26 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:23 pm)MurdnunoC wrote They were all closing down a couple of month ago as the company was going into liquidation. 

JD's alright but it's sometimes hard to see what's on offer. The one at Metrocentre isn't that bad, but the one in town shows no distinction between sale items and items which are their usual price.

There is a new one open now, only been in once and it was quite good. Was that not the temporary one next to M&S you went in? Could explain it.
MurdnunoC   31 Aug 2015, 8:28 pm
No. It was the new one, the store which I believe HMV and, well well, JD Sports used to occupy.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   31 Aug 2015, 8:29 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:28 pm)MurdnunoC wrote No. It was the new one, the store which I believe HMV and, well well, JD Sports used to occupy.

Ah right that's the one I was in. Never took much notice of that!
Jimmi   31 Aug 2015, 8:30 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:23 pm)Tom wrote Ah that's good then, can't stand that shop. Sports Direct is okay for Newcastle shirts, but the trainer selection there isn't great. Not a fan of Footlocker either, always seems to sell out of fashion shoes.

I didn't mind USC as it sold a few different bits like Fred Perry clothing although some branches of JD do to. All the shoes in Footlocker look absolutely atrocious!

(31 Aug 2015, 8:23 pm)MurdnunoC wrote They were all closing down a couple of month ago as the company was going into liquidation. 

Annoyingly most of the JD'S near me only seem to sell Adidas tracksuits and a few bits of other names. The one at Teesside Park is alright but there is naff all else there now.
BusLoverMum   31 Aug 2015, 8:33 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:30 pm)Jimmi wrote I didn't mind USC as it sold a few different bits like Fred Perry clothing although some branches of JD do to. All the shoes in Footlocker look absolutely atrocious!

Annoyingly most of the JD'S near me only seem to sell Adidas tracksuits and a few bits of other names. The one at Teesside Park is alright but there is naff all else there now.
The "King of Trainers" nme makes me laugh because some of them seem to stock little other than Air Max
MurdnunoC   31 Aug 2015, 8:34 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:30 pm)Jimmi wrote Has the new large JD in Newcastle opened yet in what used to be HMV? Annoyingly most of the JD'S near me only seem to sell Adidas tracksuits and a few bits of other names. The one at Teesside Park is alright but there is naff all else there now.

JD seems to have the same deal with MacKenzie as Sports Soccer do with Karimoor, Lonsdale and various other brands which you don't see elsewhere.

Back in the early 90s, MacKenzie clothing used to be a 'must have' item. All the kids in my school used to have either a MacKenzie or Naff-Naff jumper/coat. It always makes me laugh how brands evolve and pretty much die.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   31 Aug 2015, 8:43 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:34 pm)MurdnunoC wrote JD seems to have the same deal with MacKenzie as Sports Soccer do with Karimoor, Lonsdale and various other brands which you don't see elsewhere.

Back in the early 90s, MacKenzie clothing used to be a 'must have' item. All the kids in my school used to have either a MacKenzie or Naff-Naff jumper/coat. It always makes me laugh how brands evolve and pretty much die.
I remember owning a lot of Lonsdale clothing through years 7-10 through school so this started what 10 years ago now.
BusLoverMum   31 Aug 2015, 8:53 pm
It's always been a thing. Adidas were in in the late 80s, then overnight, it became Kappa (leading the the rather unkind term Kappa Slapper being heard rather a lot). Then I lost track, but Kangol were in for a while and Adidas have had their resurgence. It all seems to go in cycles with something being in favour for 2-3 years before becoming extremly uncool.
MurdnunoC   31 Aug 2015, 8:55 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:43 pm)Jimmi wrote I remember owning a lot of Lonsdale clothing through years 7-10 through school so this started what 10 years ago now.

I think I may have one Lonsdale hoodie still lying in a cupboard somewhere. 

Lonsdale used to be a popular brand amongst boxers and bodybuilders. I don't when it became a brand exclusive only to Sports Direct.
MurdnunoC   31 Aug 2015, 8:58 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:53 pm)BusLoverMum wrote It's always been a thing. Adidas were in in the late 80s, then overnight, it became Kappa (leading the the rather unkind term Kappa Slapper being heard rather a lot). Then I lost track, but Kangol were in for a while and Adidas have had their resurgence. It all seems to go in cycles with something being in favour for 2-3 years before becoming extremly uncool.

Yeah, I remember when owning a Kangol beret was a thing.

I think Adidas has always been a popular brand although I do remember when Adidas Torsion trainers were available cheaply in Winners for a while. Being seen shopping in Winners was a definite no-no when I was teen.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   31 Aug 2015, 9:03 pm
(31 Aug 2015, 8:55 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I think I may have one Lonsdale hoodie still lying in a cupboard somewhere. 

Lonsdale used to be a popular brand amongst boxers and bodybuilders. I don't when it became a brand exclusive only to Sports Direct.

I think was also around the time Sports Direct seemed to buy all these sports shops such as McGerks Sports (probably spelt that wrong) and Dixons Sports which we had in Darlington.

It seemed like Lonsdale was popular with boxers and stuff like that and you had adverts around the shops of boxers wearing the clothing and such but not so much these days, most people I see wearing Lonsdale clothing these days will have had them for years.
Adrian   31 Aug 2015, 9:41 pm
Does anyone remember First Sport? Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Pages (100)    182 83 84100