Menu

Pages (100)    187 88 89100   
BusLoverMum   07 Sep 2015, 10:20 pm
(07 Sep 2015, 9:52 pm)Jimmi wrote I'm eagerly awaiting for the new X66/X67 timetable to appear as I'd quite like to know if I can still get to/from Middlesbrough as easily as I can now with the X66 going down to half hourly.

Not the biggest fan of Arriva's website.

I'm sure it'll be there by Christmas.
Diamond One   08 Sep 2015, 2:20 am
(06 Sep 2015, 9:51 pm)aureolin wrote Pretty sure the buskers playing bongo drums in Newcastle went something like this...

...if only! Smile

The buskers guy in monument metro tries to sing he is the only busker I know as he sings random tunes that have long gone from the radio
BusLoverMum   08 Sep 2015, 9:26 am
(08 Sep 2015, 2:20 am)Diamond One wrote The buskers guy in monument metro tries to sing he is the only busker I know as he sings random tunes that have long gone from the radio

It depends which radio station. The collection of 70s prog I'm amassing probably isn't likely to appear on metro radio but I have been introduced to a lot of it by 6 music.
Jimmi   08 Sep 2015, 1:10 pm
Lad walked in front of the camera when I was snapping the new Stagecoach Enviro in Stockton then suddenly went off in the opposite direction!

Also both of my knees are playing up, the lack of space between the seats on Omnicity's doesn't help, especially as someone has sat next to me so they are pressed right against the seat in front.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   08 Sep 2015, 1:12 pm
Stepping off the bus on the way back from a quick trip into Durham and narrowly missing a pile of dog dirt. Eurgh.
Rapidsnap   08 Sep 2015, 4:26 pm
My ever changing moods and the fact that I still yet to get a Doc appointment.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap   09 Sep 2015, 10:57 pm
Took about 10 minutes to get through to the Doctors to get an appointment.

Managed get an appointment no problem with my preferred doctor.

She suggested I go to therapy / councilling, which in the past, I've never made it to one because the waiting times are stupidly long.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Adrian   10 Sep 2015, 9:15 am
Foaming. Spend 1.5 hours getting from Coxhoe to Consett, with the intentions of then catching the 689 to Hexham.

I get to Consett in good time, and the 689 pulls into the stand, with the Hexham destination set. I go to board, only to be told it's not going to Hexham! Despite not being mentioned on the diversions page for this bike race. The driver said that he'll be laying over at Dilston for a couple of hours instead, as he'll not get into Hexham.

What a waste of a morning.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   10 Sep 2015, 9:35 am
(10 Sep 2015, 9:15 am)aureolin wrote Foaming. Spend 1.5 hours getting from Coxhoe to Consett, with the intentions of then catching the 689 to Hexham.

I get to Consett in good time, and the 689 pulls into the stand, with the Hexham destination set. I go to board, only to be told it's not going to Hexham! Despite not being mentioned on the diversions page for this bike race. The driver said that he'll be laying over at Dilston for a couple of hours instead, as he'll not get into Hexham.

What a waste of a morning.

This is a downside of the Tour of Britain. The tour was at Alnmouth, Blyth was already heaving, and I was receiving messages from my mam saying McDonalds in Ashington was inaccessible.  Big Grin  

I was at Newbiggin later in the evening, as the 35 and X21 have really long layovers, and the 35 driver was saying how he was held up by the race for almost 40 minutes, and he heard a "zrhoom", and "there were the f**king muppets". The X21 driver was driving a X22 at the time and they had just closed the A197 Ashington bypass, so he did the Green Lane diversion, by the time he got to Bedlington it was clear! 

Certain services were allowed to pass through the closures until the race was in the section.
Jimmi   10 Sep 2015, 10:54 am
Thanks to the miserable sour faced cow who messed up my photo of one of Shaun's Coaches Optare Tempo Hybrids in Ripon Bus Station [emoji35]
Jimmi   10 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm
Something wrong in Middlesbrough with traffic, currently stuck in traffic outside Aldi on the X66 and we are barely moving.

This happens every bloody time I'm in Middlesbrough after 5pm.
citaro5284   10 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm
(10 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm)Jimmi wrote Something wrong in Middlesbrough with traffic, currently stuck in traffic outside Aldi on the X66 and we are barely moving.

Stagecoach just tweeted that due to an RTA on A19, traffic very heavy in Middlesbrough - might be connected.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kuyoyo   10 Sep 2015, 4:35 pm
(10 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm)Jimmi wrote Something wrong in Middlesbrough with traffic, currently stuck in traffic outside Aldi on the X66 and we are barely moving.

Broken down car on the A19 flyover - backs the traffic right up.
Jimmi   10 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm
(10 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm)citaro5284 wrote Stagecoach just tweeted that due to an RTA on A19, traffic very heavy in Middlesbrough - might be connected.

(10 Sep 2015, 4:35 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Broken down car on the A19 flyover - backs the traffic right up.
Just looked at traffic reports and this is what has been said.

Not the first time this has happened, I also got stuck on that Merit/Cadet Stagecarriage had on the 45 to Billingham. Took 40 minutes to reach Billingham.

Been on the X66 15 minutes now and we've made as far as the Dacia/Renault car showroom.
Jimmi   10 Sep 2015, 4:56 pm
(10 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm)Jimmi wrote Been on the X66 15 minutes now and we've made as far as the Dacia/Renault car showroom.

25 minutes now, still outside the Dacia showroom.

I want no-one complaining about how awful journeys on Omnicity's are, we haven't even done a mile yet and it is bloody boiling on here. I win the worst Omnicity journey ever award!

I am now smacking my head off the handrail in front of me as I've lost the will to live.

EDIT: 30 minutes now.
S813 FVK   10 Sep 2015, 4:58 pm
(10 Sep 2015, 4:56 pm)Jimmi wrote 25 minutes now, still outside the Dacia showroom.

I want no-one complaining about how awful journeys on Omnicity's are, we haven't even done a mile yet and it is bloody boiling on here. I win the worst Omnicity journey ever award!

I am now smacking my head off the handrail in front of me as I've lost the will to live.

EDIT: 30 minutes now.

Unfortunately, the the fact that your bus is stuck in traffic cannot be helped.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   10 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm
(10 Sep 2015, 4:58 pm)S813 FVK wrote Unfortunately, the the fact that your bus is stuck in traffic cannot be helped.
I know, just trying to stop myself from losing the will to live as sitting in traffic jams for someone who always has to be doing something is a nightmare.
Jimmi   10 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm
(10 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm)Jimmi wrote I know, just trying to stop myself from losing the will to live as sitting in traffic jams for someone who always has to be doing something is a nightmare.
Can I blame the driver on the X66 for not going on the A66 where traffic is moving fine [emoji35]
Jimmi   10 Sep 2015, 5:25 pm
(10 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm)Jimmi wrote Can I blame the driver on the X66 for not going on the A66 where traffic is moving fine [emoji35]
This is what happened to an X66 that used the A66.
[Image: 47e26c05261cc8738b1d26303c17dd26.jpg]

And this is us [emoji35]
[Image: 82688effdc61194a22bbd28dc29c79f0.jpg]
LeeCalder   10 Sep 2015, 10:28 pm
Recently, I've just not really been bothered to go out and get bus photos.

I've got none of the blue Citaro's, none of the Indigo's etc.

I have however, been going to Central Station though, almost every night purley because it is something to do and I know all of the staff there.

I just need something to get me motivated again!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   10 Sep 2015, 11:10 pm
(10 Sep 2015, 10:28 pm)LeeCalder wrote Recently, I've just not really been bothered to go out and get bus photos.

I have however, been going to Central Station though, almost every night purley because it is something to do and I know all of the staff there.

Time can be a great healer.

Hobbies are for enjoyment. It's fine to put something on a back burner when it's not having the desired effect.
omnicity4659   11 Sep 2015, 8:01 am
(10 Sep 2015, 10:28 pm)LeeCalder wrote Recently, I've just not really been bothered to go out and get bus photos.

It's been the same with me. But for some good reason*, I've been going to random locations for photos... Stannington Station is one...   Big Grin When you get back from not being bothered, prepare for where it'll take you. Tongue

*getting bored of the more busier places, I find it relaxing to walk a couple of miles to get a nice photo.
MurdnunoC   11 Sep 2015, 9:01 am

A hobby is no longer a hobby if itre becomes an obsession.

Take a break, no point in doing something you don't enjoy unless you have to. Your interest will return when your enjoyment does.
Rapidsnap   11 Sep 2015, 9:16 am
Know the feeling all too well myself, though in my case it doesn't help when the vehicles get more plasticy amongst other things.

But I prob be out on Saturday in my car, so probably be visiting Jarrow, South Shields and Dark Shadowy Place. Might go to one or two other places if I have time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   11 Sep 2015, 9:17 am
Slept in this morning. Sadly this resulted in me not getting a photo of 7534 on the 5A. Guess I'll have to get up early another morning now.
omnicity4659   11 Sep 2015, 9:39 am
(11 Sep 2015, 9:17 am)Jimmi wrote Slept in this morning. Sadly this resulted in me not getting a photo of 7534 on the 5A. Guess I'll have to get up early another morning now.

Does getting a photo of a bus really matter though?
Jimmi   11 Sep 2015, 9:50 am
(11 Sep 2015, 9:39 am)GX03 SVC wrote Does getting a photo of a bus really matter though?
Probably not, but I can't seem to help myself, pretty much all of my spare time is riding buses and getting photos. Fortunately with it being the 5A it's not like I have to out of my way to get a photo of an E400 on that working, it just means I'll have to get up a little bit earlier one morning. I'll probably only get the one photo of it though, don't need a million photos of the same odd working, if I get another photo it would only be if I was out at that time of the morning.
MurdnunoC   11 Sep 2015, 11:14 am
(11 Sep 2015, 9:39 am)GX03 SVC wrote Does getting a photo of a bus really matter though?

(11 Sep 2015, 9:50 am)Jimmi wrote Probably not, but I can't seem to help myself, pretty much all of my spare time is riding buses and getting photos. Fortunately with it being the 5A it's not like I have to out of my way to get a photo of an E400 on that working, it just means I'll have to get up a little bit earlier one morning. I'll probably only get the one photo of it though, don't need a million photos of the same odd working, if I get another photo it would only be if I was out at that time of the morning.

You see, this is what I mean about a hobby not being a hobby anymore when it becomes an obsession.

As Tommy states, does it really matter? I could understand if taking photos of buses was a source of income, however, you have stated many times that you question your commitment to the hobby and often express annoyance and discontentment.

Obsessions, on the whole, are not a healthy thing to have.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   11 Sep 2015, 11:25 am
(11 Sep 2015, 11:14 am)MurdnunoC wrote You see, this is what I mean about a hobby not being a hobby anymore when it becomes an obsession.

As Tommy states, does it really matter? I could understand if taking photos of buses was a source of income, however, you have stated many times that you question your commitment to the hobby and often express annoyance and discontentment.

Obsessions, on the whole, are not a healthy thing to have.

I am fearful that this hobby is a crazy obsession at times especially as I don't really gain anything out of it (money, photos being used etc.) much of the time I do enjoy taking photos but somedays it goes wrong and I question myself as to why I am subjecting myself to this. I do feel that I'm going to extreme lengths in this hobby at times especially when things go wrong. I do need to settle down I know but I can't seem to help myself, when I do try I will end up viewing the Arriva Odd Workings thread and there will be a rare working passing through where I live and I can't help but pick up the camera and get myself a photo.
MurdnunoC   11 Sep 2015, 11:40 am
(11 Sep 2015, 11:25 am)Jimmi wrote I am fearful that this hobby is a crazy obsession at times especially as I don't really gain anything out of it (money, photos being used etc.) much of the time I do enjoy taking photos but somedays it goes wrong and I question myself as to why I am subjecting myself to this. I do feel that I'm going to extreme lengths in this hobby at times especially when things go wrong. I do need to settle down I know but I can't seem to help myself, when I do try I will end up viewing the Arriva Odd Workings thread and there will be a rare working passing through where I live and I can't help but pick up the camera and get myself a photo.

But what, do you feel, goes wrong?

Just as you have you right to take photographs of buses in public places, the public also have the same right to walk in front of any shot you're attempting to take. I get the impression you seem to take it personally but, more often than not, people are indifferent to what you are doing and probably don't notice you with your camera out. 

You also seemingly get upset when things don't go to 'plan' - nothing peculiar about that as most of us do. But, in the context of your hobby, is there any need to plan? Why don't you just go with the flow instead? Get whichever bus happens to be in there instead of planning to get this specific bus at this specific time to get that specific shot. When plans go wrong, you get upset. But if you don't have a plan there's nothing to really get upset about and, you never know, something unexpected may show to photograph instead.

Don't take your hobby too seriously is what, I think, I'm trying to say.
Pages (100)    187 88 89100