Menu

Pages (136)    196 97 98136   
MurdnunoC   13 Sep 2015, 10:43 am
Strolling along the Quayside and taking part in an impromptu game of table-tennis. Unfortunately, the ball got squashed but my bus was approaching anyway.
Jimmi   13 Sep 2015, 10:45 am
(13 Sep 2015, 10:43 am)MurdnunoC wrote Strolling along the Quayside and taking part in an impromptu game of table-tennis. Unfortunately, the ball got squashed but my bus was approaching anyway.
You'd probably did better than I would, I'm terrible, although my excuse is that I always got paired with someone who was even worse than me.
MurdnunoC   13 Sep 2015, 12:19 pm
(13 Sep 2015, 10:45 am)Jimmi wrote You'd probably did better than I would, I'm terrible, although my excuse is that I always got paired with someone who was even worse than me.

Aside from the odd knock-around on a dining table with a net, this was the first-time playing on a proper table since my youth-club days. My first competitive-ish game in 23/24 years I'd say. Obviously I lost, comfortably defeated by my more polished opponent, but I expected nothing less. It was fun while it lasted.
Jimmi   13 Sep 2015, 8:06 pm
Had a reasonably good day out in Scarborough today. Although bus photography on a Sunday is a bit boring as there is less buses.

Photos should be on Flickr tomorrow, too tired to upload them now.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   13 Sep 2015, 8:45 pm
(13 Sep 2015, 8:06 pm)Jimmi wrote Had a reasonably good day out in Scarborough today. Although bus photography on a Sunday is a bit boring as there is less buses.

Photos should be on Flickr tomorrow, too tired to upload them now.

Always worth a wander down the coach park in Scarborough, definitely less around service wise though

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Jimmi   13 Sep 2015, 8:51 pm
(13 Sep 2015, 8:45 pm)tyresmoke wrote Always worth a wander down the coach park in Scarborough, definitely less around service wise though
Whereabouts is the Coach Park?

Did manage to snap two coaches belonging to Durham City Coaches on the seafront. Also had a quick wander over to the EYMS depot where I snapped three MPD's parked side by side and there was randomly an Arriva Yorkshire(?) Pulsar parked up in there which I saw earlier in the day displaying "staff shuttle" with people on-board. Also got 1436 on the X93.
S813 FVK   13 Sep 2015, 8:54 pm
(13 Sep 2015, 8:51 pm)Jimmi wrote Whereabouts is the Coach Park?

Did manage to snap two coaches belonging to Durham City Coaches on the seafront. Also had a quick wander over to the EYMS depot where I snapped three MPD's parked side by side and there was randomly an Arriva Yorkshire(?) Pulsar parked up in there which I saw earlier in the day displaying "staff shuttle" with people on-board. Also got 1436 on the X93.

There is a couple. One near the police station and another at Weaponess (the old Park and Ride site).
Jimmi   13 Sep 2015, 8:59 pm
(13 Sep 2015, 8:54 pm)S813 FVK wrote There is a couple. One near the police station and another at Weaponess (the old Park and Ride site).
Not too familiar with where everything is in Scarborough but may have a look the next time I'm down there. Today was a little boring with it being Sunday service so there was less to see and I always seemed to be in the wrong places at the wrong times.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   15 Sep 2015, 9:36 am
I got a brilliant driver on the 93 to collage today
omnicity4659   15 Sep 2015, 9:40 am
(15 Sep 2015, 9:36 am)Davie wrote I got a brilliant driver on the 93 to collage today

Honestly, what's the thing that makes chopping yourself into little pieces for the sake of art appealing..?  Wink Tongue
MrFozz   15 Sep 2015, 10:06 am
(13 Sep 2015, 10:43 am)MurdnunoC wrote Strolling along the Quayside and taking part in an impromptu game of table-tennis. Unfortunately, the ball got squashed but my bus was approaching anyway.

That reminds me of a scene from Porridge
Diamond One   15 Sep 2015, 1:12 pm
Getting a rare football shirt today that is not available back home in the likes of Sports Direct all I can say is it's the first foreign shirt I got since 2014 and has one of the worlds best players playing for them he scored cracking goals for 2 champions league clubs there from Italy and Spain even at world cups
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   15 Sep 2015, 1:14 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 1:12 pm)Diamond One wrote Getting a rare football shirt today that is not available back home in the likes of Sports Direct all I can say is it's the first foreign shirt I got since 2014 and has one of the worlds best players playing for them he scored cracking goals for 2 champions league clubs there from Italy and Spain even at world cups

So, by the sounds of it, you're getting an LA Galaxy shirt with 'Beckham' on the back?
Michael   15 Sep 2015, 1:18 pm
Start Newcastle uni a week today, can't wait, being off since July - the funds are low Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Diamond One   15 Sep 2015, 1:20 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 1:14 pm)MurdnunoC wrote So, by the sounds of it, you're getting an LA Galaxy shirt with 'Beckham' on the back?

That was in 2007 that I got that however my original plan was La galaxy shirt with 8 Gerrard on the back but then I had a change of mind and opted for another team but which one?

Seattle Sounders with Dempsey on the back?
Toronto FC with 17 Altidore on the back?
Orlando City with 10 Kaka on the back?
La Galaxy with 8 Gerrard on the back?
New York City FC with 8 Lampard on the back?

Well if anyone had of said Toronto FC with 17 Altidore on the back then everyone is wrong as Altidore is rubbish footballer I wouldn't even dare he was rubbish for Hull City then Rubbish for Sunderland he only scored 2 goals against Chelsea (Premier League) and MK Dons (Capital One Cup)
MurdnunoC   15 Sep 2015, 1:23 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 1:20 pm)Diamond One wrote That was in 2007 that I got that however my original plan was La galaxy shirt with 8 Gerrard on the back but then I had a change of mind and opted for another team but which one?

Seattle Sounders with Dempsey on the back?
Toronto FC with 17 Altidore on the back?
Orlando City with 10 Kaka on the back?
La Galaxy with 8 Gerrard on the back?
New York City FC with 8 Lampard on the back?

Well if anyone had of said Toronto FC with 17 Altidore on the back then everyone is wrong as Altidore is rubbish footballer I wouldn't even dare he was rubbish for Hull City then Rubbish for Sunderland he only scored 2 goals against Chelsea (Premier League) and MK Dons (Capital One Cup)

Has to be Kaka then.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   15 Sep 2015, 1:24 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 1:23 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Has to be Kaka then.

He is world class but it is more than likely
BusLoverMum   15 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm
(15 Sep 2015, 1:18 pm)Michael wrote Start Newcastle uni a week today, can't wait, being off since July - the funds are low Tongue

Now you're making me feel very old. It's 27 years since I started there!
tyresmoke   16 Sep 2015, 9:32 am
Well I've got my new laptop to play with this morning Smile Turned up 2 days early, nice one Dell!
Inspiron 15 5547 for anyone wondering. Taking a bit of getting used to over my old one but I'm liking it so far!

BusLoverMum   16 Sep 2015, 10:59 am
(16 Sep 2015, 9:32 am)tyresmoke wrote Well I've got my new laptop to play with this morning Smile Turned up 2 days early, nice one Dell!
Inspiron 15 5547 for anyone wondering. Taking a bit of getting used to over my old one but I'm liking it so far!

I do find Dell's delivery rather frustrating. For what it costs, I'd expect DPD style to the hour time slots, but instead, it's a wait in all day or else it goes back to the depot jobby.

We tend to use the outlet for ours. I have a rather swish Latitude E5550 with full HD screen, backlit keyboard and so on, bought for a song.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   16 Sep 2015, 11:33 am
(16 Sep 2015, 10:59 am)BusLoverMum wrote I do find Dell's delivery rather frustrating. For what it costs, I'd expect DPD style to the hour time slots, but instead, it's a wait in all day or else it goes back to the depot jobby.

We tend to use the outlet for ours. I have a rather swish Latitude E5550 with full HD screen, backlit keyboard and so on, bought for a song.

To be fair UK Mail sent me a text this morning saying when it would be delivered in a set hour timeframe. It was originally estimated for a Friday delivery though so I'd resigned myself to the fact that is be at work anyway so it was a nice surprise this morning.

BusLoverMum   16 Sep 2015, 3:20 pm
(16 Sep 2015, 11:33 am)tyresmoke wrote To be fair UK Mail sent me a text this morning saying when it would be delivered in a set hour timeframe. It was originally estimated for a Friday delivery though so I'd resigned myself to the fact that is be at work anyway so it was a nice surprise this morning.

If they've started using UK Mail, that's a definite improvement.
Adrian   16 Sep 2015, 6:10 pm
(16 Sep 2015, 9:32 am)tyresmoke wrote Well I've got my new laptop to play with this morning Smile Turned up 2 days early, nice one Dell!

Enjoy. We use Dell kit at work, and the last few Latitude series laptops I've had, have all been spot on.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
tyresmoke   16 Sep 2015, 9:04 pm
(16 Sep 2015, 6:10 pm)aureolin wrote Enjoy. We use Dell kit at work, and the last few Latitude series laptops I've had, have all been spot on.

Yes my last one was a Dell too - had it for about 7 years I reckon but the LCD screen has cracked on it. It was very tired anyway but has lasted about a year longer than I expected, just got the huge task of transferring things over now...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   16 Sep 2015, 9:39 pm
Husband has had to specify some Apple kit for development purposes at work. He felt a bit dirty as an habitual apple hater.

Big'un was made happy today, btw. And elderly friend of mine who drove buses wayyyyyyy back offered me a couple of isues of Buses magazine for him. Turns out we had one of them, as we found somewhere that actually sold it, but he's spent the evening poring through the one before and telling me factoids, making tables about the buses featured etc.

His birthday is coming up. Considering taking out a sub as his birthday present (as well as the obligatory Lego Advent Calender, since his birthday is December 1st!)
Diamond One   17 Sep 2015, 1:38 am

Took me almost a day to get used to my current one then it broke in February (due to faulty monitor) got my sisters old one temp. Until it broke due to upgrading to windows 10 then got my current one repaired wiped and now it's 100% up and running and now I can play Criminal Case without it crashing am now on case 53 of Pacific Bay (Death By Martini) currently almost done Chapter 1/3
Michael   17 Sep 2015, 9:09 am
After 5 phone calls to student finance, finally they have set my payments to: PAYMENTS SCHEDULED - only the college to accept me when i enroll on TUESDAY and i get paid a week later........ Tongue

Honestly, nothing but trouble once again, getting told 3 different things by 3 different people!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   17 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm
I've finally broken the back of the massive pile of paperwork I've had taunting me for the past 2 months. Just need to photocopy a load of stuff and then it'll be ready to send off.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   17 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm
(17 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I've finally broken the back of the massive pile of paperwork I've had taunting me for the past 2 months. Just need to photocopy a load of stuff and then it'll be ready to send off.

Well done, Big Grin 

I hate paperwork, i used to work in a nursery and my paperwork and photocopy pile was always in massive piles.........from... group planning, to individual planning, learning journal's...(which all had to be done every week) and sorting out everything i needed for the day/week.......... such as nappy/sleeping sheets (everyday),  book for the child to take home at end of the day and the menu for the week.... haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Diamond One   17 Sep 2015, 6:49 pm
Got all my objectives new camera new shirt new hoodie which I will feel like Wade Herbet from GTA V where he worn hoodies and now am chilling to Ellie Goulding its that song which features Calvin Harris "Outside"
Pages (136)    196 97 98136