Menu

Pages (100)    135 36 37100   
omnicity4659   24 May 2015, 2:52 pm
(24 May 2015, 2:48 pm)Jimmi wrote Probably didn't even get on Explore.

I went on the Explore page and one of the photos on there was a fat naked man on the beach!

All Explored images are now archived by date, I'm looking through yesterday's now. [someone who has had explored images before:] Do you get a notification when your photos have been explored?
Jimmi   24 May 2015, 2:57 pm
(24 May 2015, 2:52 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote All Explored images are now archived by date, I'm looking through yesterday's now. [someone who has had explored images before:] Do you get a notification when your photos have been explored?

I've already checked twice, it isn't there so don't bother looking.

Knew something was up as one favourite in 4 hours is probably not the sort of numbers a photo on Explore would normally get.
Adrian   24 May 2015, 3:03 pm
(24 May 2015, 2:57 pm)Jimmi wrote I've already checked twice, it isn't there so don't bother looking.

Knew something was up as one favourite in 4 hours is probably not the sort of numbers a photo on Explore would normally get.

Search if any of your photos have made explore:
http://bighugelabs.com/scout.php

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Jimmi   24 May 2015, 3:16 pm
(24 May 2015, 3:03 pm)aureolin wrote Search if any of your photos have made explore:
http://bighugelabs.com/scout.php

It's saying no photos were Explored.

No idea what the hell is going on.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   24 May 2015, 3:17 pm
(24 May 2015, 3:16 pm)Jimmi wrote It's saying no photos were Explored.

No idea what the hell is going on.

Click "include dropped", as this includes the ones that were Explored in the past on a previous date.
Jimmi   24 May 2015, 3:18 pm
(24 May 2015, 3:17 pm)Dan wrote Click "include dropped", as this includes the ones that were Explored in the past on a previous date.

None found.
Adam   24 May 2015, 5:44 pm
I seem to have been downloaded with a dreadful cold. My nose is bright red and is very much like a tap Sad
MurdnunoC   24 May 2015, 5:48 pm
(24 May 2015, 5:44 pm)Adam wrote I seem to have been downloaded with a dreadful cold. My nose is bright red and is very much like a tap Sad

First time I've ever heard 'downloaded' used in that context but I guess it makes sense. Living proof of how language evolves over time and further proof of how one slips behind the times as they get older. 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   24 May 2015, 5:50 pm
(24 May 2015, 5:44 pm)Adam wrote I seem to have been downloaded with a dreadful cold. My nose is bright red and is very much like a tap Sad

I hope you are ok soon mate 
Jimmi   24 May 2015, 5:55 pm
(24 May 2015, 5:48 pm)MurdnunoC wrote First time I've ever heard 'downloaded' used in that context but I guess it makes sense. Living proof of how language evolves over time and further proof of how one slips behind the times as they get older. 

I'll be honest this is one of the first times I have heard 'downloaded' in that context.

This is even making me feel old and I am only 21! It's a terrible, I found myself reminiscing about music from 2008 the other day.
Adam   24 May 2015, 5:55 pm
(24 May 2015, 5:48 pm)MurdnunoC wrote First time I've ever heard 'downloaded' used in that context but I guess it makes sense. Living proof of how language evolves over time and further proof of how one slips behind the times as they get older.

It's just us technologically savvy youngins Tongue

(24 May 2015, 5:50 pm)Davie wrote I hope you are ok soon mate 

Thanks Davie. It's only a cold so it's nowt too major Smile
MurdnunoC   24 May 2015, 6:02 pm
(24 May 2015, 5:55 pm)Jimmi wrote I'll be honest this is one of the first times I have heard 'downloaded' in that context.

This is even making me feel old and I am only 21! It's a terrible, I found myself reminiscing about music from 2008 the other day.

Lol...2008.

I still live in the early-mid 90's man. I scoured through YouTube the other day in an attempt to source music to listen to at the gym. About 90% of what I eventually picked was from 1993-96. 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   24 May 2015, 6:08 pm
(24 May 2015, 6:02 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Lol...2008.

I still live in the early-mid 90's man. I scoured through YouTube the other day in an attempt to source music to listen to at the gym. About 90% of what I eventually picked was from 1993-96. 

I'll be honest I often find myself listening to stuff from the 90s found myself listening to Oasis and Pulp the other day although I was just going through A-Z of artists on my iPod as I can never be bothered to spend the time putting stuff on it, nowhere near even a quarter of the way there.

Going to see Blur in Blackpool in just over a fortnight.
MurdnunoC   24 May 2015, 6:15 pm
(24 May 2015, 6:08 pm)Jimmi wrote I'll be honest I often find myself listening to stuff from the 90s found myself listening to Oasis and Pulp the other day although I was just going through A-Z of artists on my iPod as I can never be bothered to spend the time putting stuff on it, nowhere near even a quarter of the way there.

Going to see Blur in Blackpool in just over a fortnight.

Out of the three bands you've mentioned, I downloaded music from two of them. I've never been a big fan of Oasis, not because I don't like them but because my mate used to cane their music to death. He managed to spoil a lot of bands which I otherwise might of liked. Only The Stone Roses I managed to still enjoy - but only just.

I eventually got 'Common People' and 'I Spy' from Pulp's Different Class album and 'End of a Century' and 'Trouble in the Message Centre' from Parklife by Blur.  
Diamond One   24 May 2015, 6:26 pm
Hull City are relegated my 2nd team since February 2014 now there playing Nottingham Forest next season instead of Tottenham Hotspur
Jimmi   24 May 2015, 6:27 pm
(24 May 2015, 6:15 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Out of the three bands you've mentioned, I downloaded music from two of them. I've never been a big fan of Oasis, not because I don't like them but because my mate used to cane their music to death. He managed to spoil a lot of bands which I otherwise might of liked. Only The Stone Roses I managed to still enjoy - but only just.

I eventually got 'Common People' and 'I Spy' from Pulp's Different Class album and 'End of a Century' and 'Trouble in the Message Centre' from Parklife by Blur.  

My mates managed to put me off a few bands by playing repeatedly, Green Day was one of them because they were playing them over and over again it got so bad I had to remove all their music from my MP4.

My friends didn't like Oasis but they are more into these metal/rock bands like Avenged Sevenfold and My Chemical Romance, I can't remember what there reasons for not liking them was.

Someone I know used to play Nickelback non-stop especially Rockstar which I never liked but hearing this to death made me really hate them. My mates kept asking if I wanted to see them at the Arena and the answer was always no. Star Radio has been doing a competition for the last few weeks where they played 3 songs in a particular order and the first one was Nickelback - Rockstar so we had to hear it 3 or 4 times a day for the last fortnight.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   24 May 2015, 9:13 pm
(24 May 2015, 1:30 pm)Jimmi wrote It seems like the photo of Northern Rail 142067 that I uploaded yesterday may have ended up on Explore but I have looked and it is not there but I was given an invitation to add the photo to a group called "in Explore" so it must have appeared on Explore at some point.

I am totally annoyed about this, it feels like another kick in the teeth for me as if I needed another one of those  Sad

On the upside it seems to have got an okay number of views now, currently have around 350 odd views now when it was only on about 50 odd views last night which was a little disappointing.
Rapidsnap   25 May 2015, 1:20 am
Hmmm. just had a look at that and I've got 2 photos on explore. One being the ADL Enviro 400MMC in Stagecoach livery at Falkirk last year (which is now on 20,135 hits)

The other is a very rare daylight / above ground shot of the Glasgow Subway (https://www.flickr.com/photos/53115167@N03/5904815506/) which I took in 2011 and is on 1628 hits.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Jimmi   25 May 2015, 3:34 pm
Staff we have encountered so far at the Stadium of Light today can be be best described with the C-word.
Malarkey   25 May 2015, 3:38 pm
(25 May 2015, 3:34 pm)Jimmi wrote Staff we have encountered so far at the Stadium of Light today can be be best described with the C-word.

Glad I am not working the Foo Fighters in that case then Wink .
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   25 May 2015, 3:42 pm
(25 May 2015, 3:38 pm)Malarkey wrote Glad I am not working the Foo Fighters in that case then Wink .
Seriously so far thanks to an error someone made we have been spoken to (I say spoken what I actually mean is SHOUTED!!!) by some big bloke who spoke to us like we have spat in his face whilst screwing his mother.
Dan   25 May 2015, 3:47 pm
(25 May 2015, 3:38 pm)Malarkey wrote Glad I am not working the Foo Fighters in that case then Wink .

Let's hope Drifter60 isn't kicking about, either!
Malarkey   25 May 2015, 4:19 pm
(25 May 2015, 3:42 pm)Jimmi wrote Seriously so far thanks to an error someone made we have been spoken to (I say spoken what I actually mean is SHOUTED!!!) by some big bloke who spoke to us like we have spat in his face whilst screwing his mother.
Sounds like the usual excellent standard of customer service from the Kiosk Staff I must say, if I was there dealing with the issue it would be handled in a polite and efficient manner, as all complaints should be dealt with.
(25 May 2015, 3:47 pm)Dan wrote Let's hope Drifter60 isn't kicking about, either!

Could be a good thing for Jimmi if Drifter60 shows a good standard of customer service, might even get post from Jimmi in the Happy Thread.
Jimmi   25 May 2015, 4:54 pm
(25 May 2015, 4:19 pm)Malarkey wrote Sounds like the usual excellent standard of customer service from the Kiosk Staff I must say, if I was there dealing with the issue it would be handled in a polite and efficient manner, as all complaints should be dealt with.

Could be a good thing for Jimmi if Drifter60 shows a good standard of customer service, might even get post from Jimmi in the Happy Thread.

It's not the Kiosk staff, it's the security staff etc.

Annoyed how I ended up going halfway round the ground to find some chips.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   25 May 2015, 11:52 pm
(25 May 2015, 3:34 pm)Jimmi wrote Staff we have encountered so far at the Stadium of Light today can be be best described with the C-word.
Right now I am home I will say what provoked this comment.

We had first tier unreserved seats / standing tickets and for these tickets you had to have a wristband on but we asked someone and they said that we didn't need them so we went in and got sat down in the unreserved seats. We then went for some drinks then we came back and this security staff stopped us asking to show our wristbands (which we didn't have) so he then started shouting at us saying that we should have wristbands etc. Then asked for our tickets but our tickets were back with our seats so we said that we could get them to show him but then shouted "YOU CAN'T GO DOWN THERE!!!!!!!" more shouting went on until we EVENTUALLY managed to go to the seats to get the tickets and get some wristbands.

Right it's not our fault your staff screwed up so don't go and starting on shouting at us for a mistake that is a fault of the staff you are working with and I do not appreciate being spoken to (I mean shouted to) in this manner as it is not on especially with how I am, this caused me great distress and I wanted to smash his face in, you wonder why you often hear stories about security / bouncers getting attacked, I imagine most of them are because of arseholes like him and people including myself don't like being spoken to like we have burnt their house down and smashed their car to pieces and all for a mistake like this.

It's a total joke the way we were spoken to today and it hit me badly today especially after some stuff which has happened to me in the last few weeks.

Security were totally useless as, there's notices all around the ground about no smoking yet everyone still was and we're getting away with it, they were letting people just stand anywhere which meant moving anywhere was impossible and hazardous and various other things.

Also were glass bottles at this sort of event really such a good idea? No! People kept getting hit by them being thrown around the ground.

Rant over!
Michael   26 May 2015, 3:54 am
2nd day of the holidays...both wide awake before 5am.... gonna be a long day!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   26 May 2015, 8:32 am
I can't believe how hard it is to cancel Working Tax Credits. It's almost if the HMRC want you to commit to benefit fraud. They're asking me to explain my situation to an automated messaging service which decides how best to proceed with my query. I've been given three different answers and had my call ended on each occasion. Is it too much to speak to someone human to advise me?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   26 May 2015, 9:07 am
(26 May 2015, 8:32 am)MurdnunoC wrote I can't believe how hard it is to cancel Working Tax Credits. It's almost if the HMRC want you to commit to benefit fraud. They're asking me to explain my situation to an automated messaging service which decides how best to proceed with my query. I've been given three different answers and had my call ended on each occasion. Is it too much to speak to someone human to advise me?
Can you not write a letter to them explaining your change in circumstances from x date, and send it special delivery?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
MurdnunoC   26 May 2015, 9:52 am
(26 May 2015, 9:07 am)aureolin wrote Can you not write a letter to them explaining your change in circumstances from x date, and send it special delivery?

I could I suppose. Apparently I have a month to inform HMRC/DWP so I'll continue to call them for another week or so before resorting to putting it in writing. There should be some record of me calling as I'm asked to give my Name, D.O.B. and N.I. number when going through the automated process although I won't take it for granted that there is. 

You'd think they'd want to hear from people wishing to cancel their benefits though.
Pages (100)    135 36 37100