Menu

Pages (37)    131 32 3337   
CitaroFavourite   24 Aug 2013, 12:13 am
(23 Aug 2013, 8:02 pm)Michael wrote Im sure the M2/M3 were getting the Versa's from saltwell park leaving the MPD's on the W5/W6 - maybe the Versa go on them and some of the Solo's on M2/M3.

Lets have a look at new buses in the coming months:

16 Streetlites
11 Ciatro
Now confirmed
14 Versas - Looks like the 58
12 Solo SR models - Didn't expect that.

Also Renember when the Versa's arrived for the 42, Orbit, GNE launched the 36 for them the ones we had no idea where they would go.... aureolin...

Y is Saltmeadows operating the 67/69 for/

milage i think several saltmeadows drivers have told me that 67/69 are deffo moving to saltmeadows most am on friendly terms with
tyresmoke   24 Aug 2013, 12:47 am
I think we can discount Peterlee/Consett out of getting any new vehicles, they're low cost depots for a reason (because they operate very marginal services - not services you'll see massive investment put into).

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

citaro5284   24 Aug 2013, 7:13 am
(23 Aug 2013, 8:32 pm)Michael wrote Can someone give us all a list of what is coming... cause i think people is getting confused and what they will replace

Vehicles are as follows:

Mercedes Citaro x 11
Wright Streetlite x 16
Optare Versa x 14
Optare Solo SR x 12

Total - 53

Then you can all speculate as to what will be cascaded/withdrawn Tongue
Kuyoyo   24 Aug 2013, 9:03 am
Cadet 8259 is the 1010 X7 from Middlesbrough.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   24 Aug 2013, 9:55 am
(24 Aug 2013, 9:51 am)Rob wrote And the rest Wink

Of course.....a little information at a time thou Big Grin
Michael   24 Aug 2013, 10:12 am
Rob like me i can't even remember so sorry

But i think the 56 and Cobolt Clipper will be the ones to get deckers...

How many would u say they want/ordered..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   24 Aug 2013, 10:20 am
(24 Aug 2013, 10:01 am)Rob wrote I may have already hinted at the 56 and Clipper, but the details are very much sketchy. Lets keeping them brewing on those matters for a while longer. Mind you, they don't pick up on any of my hints about minibuses... This place came alive as you posted the article yesterday as if it is was unknown.

I've certainly made the euro requirement aim very public too - Euro 4. That should give them a lot of help in determine just how committed investment is.

I quoted a post from April yesterday (see here) in which you said 'we are also planning a number of minibus vehicles later in the year to begin the replacement of MPD vehicles current in the fleet' pretty much straight after citaro5284 posted the confirmation of an order of 12x Solo SR - I think it's very much a case of those who haven't forgotten about all of your hints issued a few months ago were not aware of an order being placed so soon. That said, we're two thirds of the way through the year, so it would make sense for the order to have been placed already. Wink

I also think it is the committed and continual investment into the fleet to achieve such high standards throughout the fleet that make people wary of believing the hints, despite the overwhelming majority of your hints being correct to date. :p
Michael   24 Aug 2013, 11:23 am
Mercedes Citaro x 11 - M1
Metrolink scanias - 28/28A /34/34A + 2 spare
Wright Streetlite x 16 - 53/54/60 -
Versa's from saltwell park to M2/M3 on streetshuttle
Drifter Versa - 39 or 61
Simpicity versa's - 39 or 61
5 spare Wright Cadet bodied VDL SB120 - replacing more SPD
Optare Versa x 14 - 58/58X/N58 - replace bendies - withdrawn
Optare Solo SR x 12 - unsure - MPD route bounded

as we know the Cobolt clipper/56 is getting buses to..

7 citaro - 6 to Laser to replace the scanias (make it fully ciatro)
6 scanias from the laser to FAB 57 (only needs 5)
8 Omincity on the Loop from Cobolt - 1 spare
Scania's from loop to south tyne (88/88A)+ 1 spare scania from laser
16 - scania's from the 56 - 13 to Toonlink - 3 spares - replacing the SPD
5 B7RLE from toonlink - 5 for south tyne 5
8 B10's from toonlink - Spare replacing SPD

+ it was said more to come - these will likely to replace rest of the the older decker fleet.

Its just what i would do so don't get in to me haha - most are confirmed such as the Streetlites/versa etc but other moves havent

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   24 Aug 2013, 11:50 am
By the time all this decker replacement is going on....

What the hell's going to run the Great North Run Baggage Buses next year?
Michael   24 Aug 2013, 11:52 am
(24 Aug 2013, 11:50 am)gtomlinson wrote By the time all this decker replacement is going on....

What the hell's going to run the Great North Run Baggage Buses next year?

B7's/tridents?, since someone said they will go in to school work/back ups

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   24 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm
(24 Aug 2013, 11:52 am)Michael wrote B7's/tridents?, since someone said they will go in to school work/back ups

B7s, yes.
If by Tridents you mean the Lolynes (rather than the Plaxton President bodied Tridents, which are likely to follow the same path as the B7s) - do you really think they're going to stick around? They're Euro 2.
Michael   24 Aug 2013, 12:03 pm
For the time being maybe.. wasn't really sure on the engine.

GNE doesn't list them

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   24 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm
(24 Aug 2013, 12:03 pm)Michael wrote For the time being maybe.. wasn't really sure on the engine.

GNE doesn't list them

London could be offering something better.
GNE need to sell the Lolynes while they can.
gtom   24 Aug 2013, 12:42 pm
(24 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm)Daniel wrote London could be offering something better.
GNE need to sell the Lolynes while they can.

Hello is that Kingsleys?
Malarkey   24 Aug 2013, 1:00 pm
(24 Aug 2013, 12:42 pm)gtomlinson wrote Hello is that Kingsleys?

It wouldn't surprise me if a few did go to Kingsley's to be honest.
CatsFast101   24 Aug 2013, 1:22 pm
Well if you look at vehicles are needed what each routes.
61: 5 PVR
34: 4 PVR
28: 5 PVR
39: 5 PVR (3 extra on weekdays)
X7: 4 PVR (Including 1 spare)

There's 11 Solars coming free and 13 Versas possibly 1 more if including the centenary Versa.
If 5 Solars go to the 28.
4 Solars to the X7.
5 Versas (from drifter) to 61.
5 Versa's (from simplicity) to 39.
4 Versa's (3 drifter, 1 Centenary) to the 34.
Then there's 2 Solars to go Northern and if they want to keep the centenary livery, one could go into that.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   24 Aug 2013, 1:27 pm
(24 Aug 2013, 1:22 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Well if you look at vehicles are needed what each routes. There's 11 Solars coming free and 13 Versas possibly 1 more if including the centenary Versa.
If 5 Solars go to the 28.
4 Solars to the X7.
5 Versas (from drifter) to 61.
5 Versa's (from simplicity) to 39.
4 Versa's (3 Simplicity, 1 Centenary) to the 34.
Then there's 2 Solars to go Northern and if they want to keep the centenary livery, one could go into that.

Since when are the "SimpliCity" branded Versas allocated to the 42 'free'?

I'm happy with 5x ex-"MetroLINK" Solars going to "The Waggonway", 4x ex-"MetroLINK" Solars going to "Wear Tees Xpress" and 2x ex-"MetroLINK" Solars going to "Northern".
I'm happy with 5x "Drifter" Versas going to the "Drifter" 61 when the 60 is upgraded to Streetlites.
I'm happy with 5x "SimpliCity" Versas going to the 39 when the 61 is upgraded to Versas, assuming the extra Park Lane to Doxford Park runs are dropped and no further timetable changes occur - which I'm not confident in.

Your numbers when it comes to the 34 baffle me. What happens to the other two "SimpliCity" branded Versas? 8319-29 gives 11 Versas (see here but also add 8319). You have accounted for 9.
Until further Solars are freed up (next year at the earliest), I can't see the "Lambton Worm" brand getting a massive upgrade. A temporary "Northern" Renown allocation and then upgrade to Solar when the vehicles are actually there for it to be upgraded, maybe.
I'd even go as far to say that the 34 could be allocated one B10BLE, and the two free "Northern" Solars above could join 4944 in providing the rest of the vehicles required on that service. Unless there is one more Solar in the fleet that is free, I definitely think it will go Northern.
CatsFast101   24 Aug 2013, 3:46 pm
(24 Aug 2013, 1:27 pm)Daniel wrote Since when are the "SimpliCity" branded Versas allocated to the 42 'free'?

I'm happy with 5x ex-"MetroLINK" Solars going to "The Waggonway", 4x ex-"MetroLINK" Solars going to "Wear Tees Xpress" and 2x ex-"MetroLINK" Solars going to "Northern".
I'm happy with 5x "Drifter" Versas going to the "Drifter" 61 when the 60 is upgraded to Streetlites.
I'm happy with 5x "SimpliCity" Versas going to the 39 when the 61 is upgraded to Versas, assuming the extra Park Lane to Doxford Park runs are dropped and no further timetable changes occur - which I'm not confident in.

Your numbers when it comes to the 34 baffle me. What happens to the other two "SimpliCity" branded Versas? 8319-29 gives 11 Versas (see here but also add 8319). You have accounted for 9.
Until further Solars are freed up (next year at the earliest), I can't see the "Lambton Worm" brand getting a massive upgrade. A temporary "Northern" Renown allocation and then upgrade to Solar when the vehicles are actually there for it to be upgraded, maybe.
I'd even go as far to say that the 34 could be allocated one B10BLE, and the two free "Northern" Solars above could join 4944 in providing the rest of the vehicles required on that service. Unless there is one more Solar in the fleet that is free, I definitely think it will go Northern.

Apologies a slight typo on my part, I've corrected my initial post. Hope that makes more sense now... 3 drifters not 3 simplicity to the 34. The 42 would keep the 5 simplicity Versa's it currently uses.
Adam   25 Aug 2013, 4:08 pm
Taken from the GNE Bus Enthusiast page thing on Facebook:

"5164 and 5166 have lost Centurion branding. 3803 and 3859 should be transferring to Percy Main from Chester sometime during the next week with 3819 and 3820 going to Gateshead".

Wonder why they're de-branding the Centurions already. I know they're supposed to be leaving the fleet in the next few months but I didn't think it was as soon as that.
stagecoachbusdepot   25 Aug 2013, 4:47 pm
(25 Aug 2013, 4:08 pm)Adam wrote Taken from the GNE Bus Enthusiast page thing on Facebook:

"5164 and 5166 have lost Centurion branding. 3803 and 3859 should be transferring to Percy Main from Chester sometime during the next week with 3819 and 3820 going to Gateshead".

Wonder why they're de-branding the Centurions already. I know they're supposed to be leaving the fleet in the next few months but I didn't think it was as soon as that.

Bonkers - just like they did with the Doxford Clippers - print a new branded timetable then debrand all of the buses so the brand no longer exists!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   25 Aug 2013, 4:55 pm
And then change the timetable and say its still branded as Doxford Clipper haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101   25 Aug 2013, 5:49 pm
Seriously? Debranding the centurions, they've only just been branded?! I mean at least with the Doxford clipper they'd been branded for a good whole before they'd debranded them but keep printing Doxford clipper timetables. I can't see the centurions been withdrawn until the rumoured new vehicles for the cobalt clipper come in and then Omnicity could go in the 17. It makes no sense is this information from a reliable source?
Dan   25 Aug 2013, 5:51 pm
(25 Aug 2013, 5:49 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Seriously? Debranding the centurions, they've only just been branded?! I mean at least with the Doxford clipper they'd been branded for a good whole before they'd debranded them but keep printing Doxford clipper timetables. I can't see the centurions been withdrawn until the rumoured new vehicles for the cobalt clipper come in and then Omnicity could go in the 17. It makes no sense is this information from a reliable source?

The same person who first said that the "Cobalt Clipper" branded Omnicitys are destined for the 17, when nothing has been confirmed as of yet. Original plans tend to change once or twice before the final decision is made.
Kuyoyo   25 Aug 2013, 5:59 pm
Has anyone actually considered that this 'debranding' of 5164/6 is just simply the removal of the offside branding for adverts as has happened to a few others recently?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   25 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm
(25 Aug 2013, 5:59 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Has anyone actually considered that this 'debranding' of 5164/6 is just simply the removal of the offside branding for adverts as has happened to a few others recently?

I was thinking the same thing, as currently there is nothing in the GNE fleet to cover for them if they were to be Withdrawn.
Dan   25 Aug 2013, 6:23 pm
(25 Aug 2013, 5:59 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Has anyone actually considered that this 'debranding' of 5164/6 is just simply the removal of the offside branding for adverts as has happened to a few others recently?

They had the advert boards fitted at the end of last month, and the adverts applied at the start of this month.
This photograph shows 5164 at August 6, 2013, with advertisements on the off-side.
CatsFast101   25 Aug 2013, 6:23 pm
(25 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I was thinking the same thing, as currently there is nothing in the GNE fleet to cover for them if they were to be Withdrawn.

It has crossed my mind it was that, but then thought why would people make a thing of that? So if that is what a false alarm! Haha

(25 Aug 2013, 5:51 pm)Daniel wrote The same person who first said that the "Cobalt Clipper" branded Omnicitys are destined for the 17, when nothing has been confirmed as of yet. Original plans tend to change once or twice before the final decision is made.

Just to confirm I never Confimed the Omnicitys would go to the 17. I was simply making reference to the fact that I can't see those vehicles been withdrawn until such time as other vehicles are brought in. And the likely but far from certain option is Omnicitys to the 17.
Dan   25 Aug 2013, 6:31 pm
(25 Aug 2013, 6:23 pm)CatsFast101 wrote It has crossed my mind it was that, but then thought why would people make a thing of that? So if that is what a false alarm! Haha

You just missed my post as we replied within seconds of each other, but see above.

(25 Aug 2013, 6:23 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Just to confirm I never Confimed the Omnicitys would go to the 17. I was simply making reference to the fact that I can't see those vehicles been withdrawn until such time as other vehicles are brought in. And the likely but far from certain option is Omnicitys to the 17.

I didn't say you did - I was answering your question.
Refer to Post #491, in which one of our Go North East representatives says that it has not yet been confirmed, and can only be classed as 'speculation' at this stage. I have no doubt that standardisation at Percy Main depot is a focus of Go North East's which means that it is likely that some will stay on at Percy Main, but again, original plans always change and there are likely to be other ideas for the Omnicitys too.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   25 Aug 2013, 9:10 pm
Could the rebranding of 5164/6 have something to do with fleet numbers for each brand being in order, rather than irregular? 5164/6 could go to Saltmeadows for the 67/69 and 5160/1 to Percy Main?
CitaroFavourite   25 Aug 2013, 10:12 pm
(25 Aug 2013, 9:10 pm)W179SCU wrote Could the rebranding of 5164/6 have something to do with fleet numbers for each brand being in order, rather than irregular? 5164/6 could go to Saltmeadows for the 67/69 and 5160/1 to Percy Main?

sounds right to me thing is why did Percy Main get 5331 when that was supposed to be new to Hexham depot and now should be a Crusader have ya noticed that 5330 is a Crusader and 5332 is also a Crusader with 5331 a Cobalt Clipper
Pages (37)    131 32 3337