You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V3

RE: What's annoying you today? V3
(16 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm)Adam wrote A Heinz is, ironically enough, 57 bets at X amount. I normally put a 10p Heinz on (10p X 57 = £5.70 to put the bets on). It's logical to assume that's where the name comes from Smile

Heinz is basically a Lucky 63 with out the singles.

It consists of....
1x Sixfold
6x Fivefold
15x Fourfold
20x Trebles
15x Doubles

So in a nutshell, it's a Yankee for people choosing 6 horses.

For a similar bets without singles they are as follows
3 Selections - Trixie with 4 bets
4 Selections - Yankee with 11 bets
5 Selections - Canadian or Super Yankee with 26 bets
6 Selections - Heinz with 57 Bets
7 Selections - Super Heinz with 120 bets.
8 Selections - Goliath with 247 bets.
9 Selections - Super Goliath with 502 bets.

You wonder how I know this, well I have worked in the betting industry for 12 years now. Anyway which bookies do you use by chance?
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Marxista Fozzski
(17 Jun 2015, 1:12 am)GMitchelhill wrote Heinz is basically a Lucky 63 with out the singles.

It consists of....
1x Sixfold
6x Fivefold
15x Fourfold
20x Trebles
15x Doubles

Which bookies do you use by chance?
Ah right cool...

Only ones I know are the Yankee and Lucky 15/31/63
(17 Jun 2015, 1:12 am)GMitchelhill wrote Heinz is basically a Lucky 63 with out the singles.

It consists of....
1x Sixfold
6x Fivefold
15x Fourfold
20x Trebles
15x Doubles

You wonder how I know this, well I have worked in the betting industry for 12 years now. Anyway which bookies do you use by chance?

Ah right. You learn something new every day Smile

It's mainly Ladbrokes and Coral I use.
(16 Jun 2015, 11:48 am)Tommy_1581 wrote A half mile walk to catch a bus after Phoenix Coaches don't have the competence to wait at B&Q at North Seaton Colliery.

He's left five minutes early now. And guess what it resulted me in doing... yes, walk to the bloody bus stop on the top of Alexandra Road yet again to catch a 35.

This is getting silly now, he knows that I need to use that bus to get back to Ashington.
Marxista Fozzski
(17 Jun 2015, 10:31 am)Tommy_1581 wrote He's left five minutes early now. And guess what it resulted me in doing... yes, walk to the bloody bus stop on the top of Alexandra Road yet again to catch a 35.

This is getting silly now, he knows that I need to use that bus to get back to Ashington.
Someone is trying to tell you something Tommy...

Ya need to get fit Wink
(17 Jun 2015, 10:31 am)Tommy_1581 wrote He's left five minutes early now. And guess what it resulted me in doing... yes, walk to the bloody bus stop on the top of Alexandra Road yet again to catch a 35.

Well you should have been early

Doesn't excuse the early running though.
(17 Jun 2015, 11:40 am)MrFozz wrote Someone is trying to tell you something Tommy...

Ya need to get fit Wink

I am fit.  Wink

I did a half mile sprint yesterday and last week I wasted a sprint as the bus was parked in the lay by when I returned! 

I'm starting to hate driver 61, driver 199 is much nicer and HE WAITS WHERE HE IS SUPPOSED TO!
(17 Jun 2015, 3:43 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I am fit.  Wink

I did a half mile sprint yesterday and last week I wasted a sprint as the bus was parked in the lay by when I returned! 

I'm starting to hate driver 61, driver 199 is much nicer and HE WAITS WHERE HE IS SUPPOSED TO!

Layover doesnt need to be taken in a specific place though does it? Obviously, it wouldnt make sense if it was to go all the way down to London but as long as its safe and not so far away the service departs late, i dont see why you are getting all raged up about it? I will repeat what jimmi said though, the early running is an issue.
(17 Jun 2015, 4:05 pm)S813 FVK wrote Layover doesnt need to be taken in a specific place though does it? Obviously, it wouldnt make sense if it was to go all the way down to London but as long as its safe and not so far away the service departs late, i dont see why you are getting all raged up about it? I will repeat what jimmi said though, the early running is an issue.

We don't know all sides to Tommy's complaint and it is rather difficult for me to give any sort of argument for this as I don't know the route and timetable for the service in question so I have no idea where the service should wait time or anything like that but all I will say is perhaps he should try to get to the stop a few minutes before the service is due to depart to decrease the chance of missing the service due to early running. Also how can a driver know for certain that he will be waiting for the return journey, I once did Weardale service 764 which operates one journey a day in each direction and I got the inbound journey but I didn't get the return journey.

Obviously services shouldn't be running considerably early but sadly it can sometimes happen.
(17 Jun 2015, 4:21 pm)Jimmi wrote We don't know all sides to Tommy's complaint and it is rather difficult for me to give any sort of argument for this as I don't know the route and timetable for the service in question so I have no idea where the service should wait time or anything like that but all I will say is perhaps he should try to get to the stop a few minutes before the service is due to depart to decrease the chance of missing the service due to early running. Also how can a driver know for certain that he will be waiting for the return journey, I once did Weardale service 764 which operates one journey a day in each direction and I got the inbound journey but I didn't get the return journey.

Obviously services shouldn't be running considerably early but sadly it can sometimes happen.

The service terminate at North Seaton Colliery at xx00 and departs at xx15. There is no layover in the actual village itself, I was talking to an Arriva driver who did the route before July 2014 and he said that he was told to layover at B&Q until xx15 of when the bus will then loop past the village. As the walk to the postal office is less than five minutes each way, so they likelihood of missing the bus is slim.
(18 Jun 2015, 6:15 am)Andreos1 wrote Which bit? The attack or the ambulance taking an age to turn up?
They're both horrific.

The attack, but yes the ambulance did seem to take the mick
Hayfever has started... great its going be a long day....................................
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Jun 2015, 6:26 am)Michael wrote Hayfever has started... great its going be a long day....................................

I hope you're ok soon Michael
(18 Jun 2015, 6:18 am)Davie wrote The attack, but yes the ambulance did seem to take the mick

It's horrible.
Hope they catch the other attacker soon and the lass makes a recovery.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(18 Jun 2015, 6:41 am)Andreos1 wrote It's horrible.
Hope they catch the other attacker soon and the lass makes a recovery.

Somebody is in questioning
(18 Jun 2015, 8:31 am)LeeCalder wrote It must just be me which has had literally no problems with it!

One way I found which helps is upload NO MORE THAN 10 PHOTOS at a time. 

I've uploaded about 50 photos from Middlesbrough into private mode, then I pick which ones are suitable then I edit them and publish them. Usually in uploads like this 15-20 photos make it into public!  Big Grin
(18 Jun 2015, 6:49 am)Davie wrote Somebody is in questioning

Apparently so.
Have heard they are still trying to find out who the other attacker is.

According to the BBC, one has been charged with 'Child Destruction'. A horrible term, but unsure what else they could call it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lon...ow_twitter
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
I'm heading home late tonight, so thought I'd get the 58A home for a change of scenery. It leaves the bus station at 05 past the hour, where as the X12 is 10 past the hour.

The 58A is stood in the layover bay at the back of the bus station, when I arrived at about 5 to. It's approaching 10 past and the 58A hasn't moved. Driver is sat in his cab waiting. Anyway the X12 pulls in bang on time at 10 past, and the 58A moves into its stand as soon as all the passengers board - 7 minutes late!

This to me is where the 1 min early 5 min late rule is a problem. He'll know that he's going to make that up in no time, because the X12 is in front and picking all the passengers up...
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Marxista Fozzski
(18 Jun 2015, 9:37 pm)Davie wrote I've put my phone down somewhere, but I can't remember where
You'll find it in the last place you'll look
(18 Jun 2015, 9:38 pm)MrFozz wrote You'll find it in the last place you'll look

Thats what I thought around 18 Months ago when my now 4 Year Old Nephew hid my copy of Grand Theft Auto 5, to this day I still havent found it, good luck in finding your phone davie.
Marxista Fozzski
(18 Jun 2015, 9:45 pm)Malarkey wrote Thats what I thought around 18 Months ago when my now 4 Year Old Nephew hid my copy of Grand Theft Auto 5, to this day I still havent found it, good luck in finding your phone davie.
Don't think I would ever wanna play hide and seek with your nephew Big Grin sounds like he is good at hiding...
(18 Jun 2015, 9:47 pm)MrFozz wrote Don't think I would ever wanna play hide and seek with your nephew Big Grin sounds like he is good at hiding...

The little monkey is always causing mischief, but he is no bother otherwise. 
(18 Jun 2015, 9:45 pm)Malarkey wrote Thats what I thought around 18 Months ago when my now 4 Year Old Nephew hid my copy of Grand Theft Auto 5, to this day I still havent found it, good luck in finding your phone davie.

Gaffer tape him to a chair and interrogate him?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(18 Jun 2015, 9:37 pm)Davie wrote I've put my phone down somewhere, but I can't remember where
My phone is with me all the time unless am downstairs having a cuppa or feeding the cat
Grand Theft Auto 5 is awesome man I like Michael De Santa and Trevor Phillips plus Wade Herbet the guy who's ammune to Women's you know what he lost count of woman's you know what he refuses to have a bath he licked blood from Trevor when he had just killed Flloyd and Debra and also he wants Ice-Cream remember to kill the Altruist Cult when delivering at least 4 hostages
(18 Jun 2015, 10:02 pm)Malarkey wrote The little monkey is always causing mischief, but he is no bother otherwise. 

My sister used to hid most of my old DVDs from her regained a few back thank god
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out