Menu

Pages (44)    119 20 2144   
LeeCalder   19 Jul 2015, 11:27 am
(19 Jul 2015, 11:17 am)Diamond One wrote knowing them they probs would although that E400 is a canny ride would love to see that but one route that will more than likely to get it is X21 other routes that probs need them would be 27 it does get busy on that route alot

I think routes such as the 20 needs deckers more than the 27 Bazza. I've been on the 27 many many times in the last few weeks and not once have I witnessed standees
Michael   19 Jul 2015, 11:33 am
(19 Jul 2015, 11:27 am)LeeCalder wrote I think routes such as the 20 needs deckers more than the 27 Bazza. I've been on the 27 many many times in the last few weeks and not once have I witnessed standees

20/20A need better buses, not sure how the Prince Bishops branding would look on an Enviro 400...anyone want to do a mock up?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jimmi   19 Jul 2015, 11:36 am
(19 Jul 2015, 11:27 am)LeeCalder wrote I think routes such as the 20 needs deckers more than the 27 Bazza. I've been on the 27 many many times in the last few weeks and not once have I witnessed standees
Never been on the 27 but I imagine if it can get busy it could be one of those routes that would be slightly improved by getting single deckers with a slightly seating capacity than the Citaro's such as StreetLite's.
Adrian   19 Jul 2015, 11:51 am
(19 Jul 2015, 10:07 am)nk55 wrote Cost will as ever play a massive part in amy order......streetlites v citaro springs to mind and streetlite rattles v scania rattles.....not much difference already!!!

It's not just me that's noticed the infernal rattle that comes from a Streetlite fire door then. Which is a shame, given that the seats for the fire exit have got the best leg room on the bus.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   19 Jul 2015, 12:16 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 11:51 am)aureolin wrote It's not just me that's noticed the infernal rattle that comes from a Streetlite fire door then. Which is a shame, given that the seats for the fire exit have got the best leg room on the bus.

Yup I've noticed that too! Rattles around the cab area are worse though, by far...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Panasonic44   19 Jul 2015, 1:43 pm

I agree with Diamond One because when you live on 27 (last 20+ years) route the buses 7/10 times are not on time which causes problems e.g. Passengers Stand I had to stand lots of times due to bus being packed. Since Volvo B10 moved their are less seats for people to sit including OAPs.

The company should had left South Shields depot which would have save all the problems.

Also when 2 buses come along together that too creates for next bus which gets packed to.

I think the times need to be every 15 mins to sort bus loads out better but I think 27 needs Double Deckers even if they hybrids or get more seats than citaros e.g. volvo 7900h or scania omincitys/omnidekkas (would have been far better choice than citaros).

PS I would really like to see (if the buses remain to be red instead of silver for next cruasder repaint.
tyresmoke   19 Jul 2015, 1:54 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 1:43 pm)Panasonic44 wrote I agree with Diamond One because when you live on 27 (last 20+ years) route the buses 7/10 times are not on time which causes problems e.g. Passengers Stand I had to stand lots of times due to bus being packed. Since Volvo B10 moved their are less seats for people to sit including OAPs.

The company should had left South Shields depot which would have save all the problems.

Also when 2 buses come along together that too creates for next bus which gets packed to.

I think the times need to be every 15 mins to sort bus loads out better but I think 27 needs Double Deckers even if they hybrids or get more seats than citaros e.g. volvo 7900h or scania omincitys/omnidekkas (would have been far better choice than citaros).

PS I would really like to see (if the buses remain to be red instead of silver for next cruasder repaint.

So what you're saying is standees are caused by gaps in service, which in turn leads to bunching and more loadings. This will always be a feature of frequent services I suppose. Only real fix is to add another bus into it to extend the running times, but cost will usually be prohibitive of doing this.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Panasonic44   19 Jul 2015, 2:58 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 1:54 pm)tyresmoke wrote So what you're saying is standees are caused by gaps in service, which in turn leads to bunching and more loadings. This will always be a feature of frequent services I suppose. Only real fix is to add another bus into it to extend the running times, but cost will usually be prohibitive of doing this.

Yes. The company needs to sort out timings thats the problem. To be every 15 mins which would solve alot of problems and wouldn't need any more buses and would have spares when required.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   19 Jul 2015, 4:39 pm
That's what you get for having a bus service which runs every 10 minutes, l cant see service 27 warranting double deckers on, especially when the route runs almost the same as the metro service. stagecoach has bus services that runs on a 10 minute service for years and you don't see them decreasing the service, its only mostly rush hour or when road works comes into effect when the service starts to get delayed.

cbma06   19 Jul 2015, 4:40 pm
Cant see GNE purchasing streetdeckers for service X21, I can see GNE purchasing the E400's for service 20 and X21

cbma06   19 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 11:33 am)Michael wrote 20/20A need better buses, not sure how the Prince Bishops branding would look on an Enviro 400...anyone want to do a mock up?

the E400 demo is in the same colour purple as the prince bishop brand?.

S813 FVK   19 Jul 2015, 4:44 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm)cbma06 wrote the E400 demo is in the same colour purple as the prince bishop brand?.

I would say the E400 demo is blue rather than purple?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   19 Jul 2015, 4:46 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 4:39 pm)cbma06 wrote That's what you get for having a bus service which runs every 10 minutes, l cant see service 27 warranting double deckers on, especially when the route runs almost the same as the metro service. stagecoach has bus services that runs on a 10 minute service for years and you don't see them decreasing the service, its only mostly rush hour or when road works comes into effect when the service starts to get delayed.

I agree, look at the Stagecoach Sunderland's 16/20 for example both very busy services but only ever use single decker's, doubt well ever see decker's in Sunderland again for thier local services...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   19 Jul 2015, 4:47 pm
Does anyone know where the Streetdeck will go after its being on the X21, i can't find any posts about it...?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
cbma06   19 Jul 2015, 4:49 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 4:44 pm)S813 FVK wrote I would say the E400 demo is blue rather than purple?

That's why I put a question mark on the post

L469 YVK   19 Jul 2015, 4:50 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 4:47 pm)Michael wrote Does anyone know where the Streetdeck will go after its being on the X21, i can't find any posts about it...?

Cobalt Clipper to compare against 6104.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   19 Jul 2015, 4:52 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 4:50 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Cobalt Clipper to compare against 6104.

Cheers, bet your happy about that? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
cbma06   19 Jul 2015, 4:52 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 4:47 pm)Michael wrote Does anyone know where the Streetdeck will go after its being on the X21, i can't find any posts about it...?

On a Facebook page it says that the E400 will go to deptford next week for service 20, but this was the same Facebook page that said service X21 will not be going pronto and will go green angel [emoji33]

Jimmi   19 Jul 2015, 4:59 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 4:44 pm)S813 FVK wrote I would say the E400 demo is blue rather than purple?

(19 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm)cbma06 wrote the E400 demo is in the same colour purple as the prince bishop brand?.
It's sort of a mix of both, it is kind of like a metallic paint job and the colour seems to vary dependant on the light and sun etc. at times it looks more blue whereas others it looks more purple I think.

Can't see the 20/20A getting double deckers especially for the amount of vehicles that would be needed to meet the PVR of the service, buying around 20 brand new double deckers for this service would cost an absolute fortune especially if you kit it out with WiFi, charging points, announcements etc. For this reason I think if the 20/20A receives an upgrade in the next few years I think they would go for single deckers, probably StreetLite's I'd imagine.
S813 FVK   19 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 4:52 pm)cbma06 wrote On a Facebook page it says that the E400 will go to deptford next week for service 20, but this was the same Facebook page that said service X21 will not be going pronto and will go green angel [emoji33]

Don't believe what you read on that page then. Their latest thing on there is that an order of streetdecks has been placed for the X21...the demonstrators haven't even been on the road for a week!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   19 Jul 2015, 5:44 pm
Anyone know what board the E400 and Streetdeck will be on tomorrow?
Adrian   19 Jul 2015, 5:51 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 5:44 pm)Tom wrote Anyone know what board the E400 and Streetdeck will be on tomorrow?

pdiddy will know, if you ask him nicely! Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Tom   19 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 5:51 pm)aureolin wrote pdiddy will know, if you ask him nicely! Smile

Great hopefully he'll see the post before tomorrow then Smile

Not too bothered about the Streetdeck like but wan't to ride the E400.
pdiddy   19 Jul 2015, 6:18 pm
I won't know till in the morning till after defects have been checked and cleared etc

But I do know the Enviro isn't going to Deptford next and the X21 isn't gonna be called the angel
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   19 Jul 2015, 6:22 pm
Sunderlandnow
10 mins ·
Update: A690 Durham Road in Sunderland closed eastbound at Herrington Interchange, because of an accident involving two cars - SEVERE

Should effect the 20/20A/35A?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   19 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 6:18 pm)pdiddy wrote I won't know till in the morning till after defects have been checked and cleared etc

But I do know the Enviro isn't going to Deptford next and the X21 isn't gonna be called the angel

Would you mind letting me know tomorrow if possible? Cheers Smile
S813 FVK   19 Jul 2015, 8:20 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 8:18 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote No,No,No,No,No    No more Streetshites......Please im begging you!

There is always the B8RLE i suppose. You can get that with a Wright body can't you?
thetravelman   19 Jul 2015, 9:35 pm
How many Buses both Single and Double Decker, do GNE have to either upgrade or dispose of prior to the forthcoming changes to DDA regulations?

Also which buses are these to be?

I presume that the buses that GNE need to dispose of will not be worth very much money or be any good for other operators to buy, as they won't be compliant and I presume the cost to make them compliant will out way the value of the bus, I'm guessing a lot will just go to the scrap yard?

I presume that a lot of smaller independent operators who do operate service routes, will be hit hard with the new regs, maybe forcing some to stop operating service routes altogether?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
thetravelman   19 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm
I must admit I'm not right up on which bus manufacturers are best or worse?

However am I right in thinking that a lot of you seem to like the older Wright Renowns but don't like the New Wright Streetlites?

Have Wright gone down market over the years? 

Also, with the current Wright StreetDeck Demo, reading comments on here from alot of you.. its doesn't seem to score many points!

How does the Wright Gemini's currently used on service TEN & Angel services etc , compare with the new Streetdeck ?

Do you like the Wright Gemini's or dislike them the same as the New Streetdeck demo?

I've not sampled the new demo's.... however my thinking would be that you need a good comfortable bus that can stand the test of time, especially on longer distance routes, such as the Pronto services X21 Newcastle to Bishop Auckland !

Based on that fact, and comments previously discussed on here.... why have GNE not upgraded the buses on Pronto X21 earlier?

Cheers.
South Tyne Lad   19 Jul 2015, 10:16 pm
(19 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm)thetravelman wrote I must admit I'm not right up on which bus manufacturers are best or worse?

However am I right in thinking that a lot of you seem to like the older Wright Renowns but don't like the New Wright Streetlites?

Have Wright gone down market over the years? 

Also, with the current Wright StreetDeck Demo, reading comments on here from alot of you.. its doesn't seem to score many points!

How does the Wright Gemini's currently used on service TEN & Angel services etc , compare with the new Streetdeck ?

Do you like the Wright Gemini's or dislike them the same as the New Streetdeck demo?

I've not sampled the new demo's.... however my thinking would be that you need a good comfortable bus that can stand the test of time, especially on longer distance routes, such as the Pronto services X21 Newcastle to Bishop Auckland !

Based on that fact, and comments previously discussed on here.... why have GNE not upgraded the buses on Pronto X21 earlier?

Cheers.

Volvo Gemini's or Gemini's as you say in your post are 1 trillion times better than the Streetdeck, Comfort and Capable wise

At the time the X21 started ( 2011 ) when the Volvo B7s came from London, This route was brand new and so didn't require Brand New Vehicles but now that GNE have seen enough passenger growth to warrant new Double Deckers that's why there demonstrating the two vehicles at the moment.

There also demonstrating to see which vehicle to buy from now until the end of Euro 6.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Pages (44)    119 20 2144