Menu

Pages (100)    169 70 71100   
Jimmi   05 Aug 2015, 9:51 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 9:44 pm)LeeCalder wrote You get them unfortunately, Jack. I will never forget the driver on the 27 that told me to fuck off because I was encroaching on his privacy.

Apologise for the language, but that's what he said.

My advice is to get a photo of the bus after you get off rather than before you get on as it's difficult for them to say anything to you when you aren't on the bus anymore, about all they can do is give rude hand gestures. I know it's not always possible to get photos when you get off especially if there is no-one at the stop you wish to depart at as by the time you get in a good spot the bus is gone.
Tom   05 Aug 2015, 9:53 pm
I've never had any problems with drivers, but just report it to GNE? It's not acceptable in any way and I'm sure they'll deal with it.
LeeCalder   05 Aug 2015, 9:54 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 9:51 pm)Jimmi wrote My advice is to get a photo of the bus after you get off rather than before you get on as it's difficult for them to say anything to you when you aren't on the bus anymore, about all they can do is give rude hand gestures. I know it's not always possible to get photos when you get off especially if there is no-one at the stop you wish to depart at as by the time you get in a good spot the bus is gone.

When I got that photo of the bus, I didn't get on it. I was standing near the zebra crossing at South Shields Bus Station and he shouted it to me out of the window.

I don't think I would have risked getting on his bus Rolleyes
Jimmi   05 Aug 2015, 9:57 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 9:53 pm)Tom wrote I've never had any problems with drivers, but just report it to GNE? It's not acceptable in anyway and I'm sure they'll deal with it.
Even when I have on occasion taken a photo before boarding a bus I have had no problems, in fact I often find its the opposite for me, they don't seem to mind if I do it normally and often joke saying stuff like "if I knew I was going to get my photo taken I'd have smartened myself up"
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jackamcardle   05 Aug 2015, 9:58 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 9:53 pm)Tom wrote I've never had any problems with drivers, but just report it to GNE? It's not acceptable in any way and I'm sure they'll deal with it.

I think Sid is writing a complaint to the facebook page but I haven't heard anything yet. He then told me about a policy at Stagecoach where they must accept that there will be bus spotters around and that the photo is only intentional to the vehicle, not the person driving the vehicle - and I've never had any crap off of them.
Tom   05 Aug 2015, 10:00 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 9:57 pm)Jimmi wrote Even when I have on occasion taken a photo before boarding a bus I have had no problems, in fact I often find its the opposite for me, they don't seem to mind if I do it normally and often joke saying stuff like "if I knew I was going to get my photo taken I'd have smartened myself up"
Yeah it's just a select few who are awkward about it. I remember a driver on the Coaster said something along those lines, he's a really canny driver too. Shame they all can't be like that.
Kuyoyo   05 Aug 2015, 10:03 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 9:58 pm)Jackamcardle wrote I think Sid is writing a complaint to the facebook page but I haven't heard anything yet. He then told me about a policy at Stagecoach where they must accept that there will be bus spotters around and that the photo is only intentional to the vehicle, not the person driving the vehicle - and I've never had any crap off of them.

That might also do with the Stagecoach drivers being worried - after all a Stockton depot driver once got sacked for swearing at a pair in Middlesbrough Bus Station. Rule one.......never swear at the big boss  Wink
Jackamcardle   05 Aug 2015, 10:03 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 10:00 pm)Tom wrote Yeah it's just a select few who are awkward about it. I remember a driver on the Coaster said something along those lines, he's a really canny driver too. Shame they all can't be like that.

I've had some really nice drivers today such as on the X30/1 there was a really lovely man that was very lively and loved getting his photo taken and they an arsehole on the Q1.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jackamcardle   05 Aug 2015, 10:05 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 10:03 pm)Kuyoyo wrote That might also do with the Stagecoach drivers being worried - after all a Stockton depot driver once got sacked for swearing at a pair in Middlesbrough Bus Station. Rule one.......never swear at the big boss  Wink

I've only ever had one middle finger, from an Arriva driver on the 6 from Durham, it was a while back but I was very suprised when it happened. I've never seed him since.
R852 PRG   05 Aug 2015, 10:06 pm
It's always saddening to hear that some drivers are giving others aggression, as a regular passenger or an enthusiast. I recall I've had few problems with Go North East staff, and none with Arriva or Stagecoach that I can think of. I remember an incident in the travel shop at Chester-le-Street, I refuse to go in there anymore. If I needed a timetable from now on, I would go to the travel shop in Gateshead or Park Lane for it. That was the only serious problem I ever had, and I don't recall receiving a response from my complaint because I made it a while after it happened, after finally mustering up the courage. Word of advice to anyone, don't go in the Chester-le-Street travel shop. My only other issue I can think of, was when I was using the X66 back to Gateshead from the MetroCentre. It was a Vyking, and after paying my 90p single, the ticket did not print. When I noticed this, I told the driver. I received the sarcastic response of ''oh what a tragedy, we'll all end up dead!''. Despite putting in a complaint, I still see the prat driving the X66 from time to time. I've never had any issues over photographs or being an enthusiast, though.
Tom   05 Aug 2015, 10:06 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 10:03 pm)Jackamcardle wrote I've had some really nice drivers today such as on the X30/1 there was a really lovely man that was very lively and loved getting his photo taken and they an arsehole on the Q1.

Aye it's a shame some have to be miserable, probs have got nothing better to do than moan on. Never had a really bad driver for a while I don't think!
Jimmi   05 Aug 2015, 10:07 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 10:05 pm)Jackamcardle wrote I've only ever had one middle finger, from an Arriva driver on the 6 from Durham, it was a while back but I was very suprised when it happened. I've never seed him since.
Drivers must hate being seen driving the 6 as Tommy got a hand gesture from a driver on the 6 in Durham and I got a two fingered salute from a driver on the 6 in Bishop Auckland Bus Station.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   05 Aug 2015, 10:11 pm
Was it this angry man?
Attached Files
.png
57.png (Size 506.45 KB Downloads 24)
Jimmi   05 Aug 2015, 10:20 pm
(05 Aug 2015, 10:11 pm)Tom wrote Was it this angry man?
Not sure on mine, as I took the image over a year ago and the camera I used to take the image was poor. Also in the original image I don't think we can see the drivers face, will dig out my hard drive at some point and look at the original photo.
Rapidsnap   05 Aug 2015, 11:43 pm
Never really get any grief from drivers, if any start whinging at me, just look at them and shrug your shoulders. It did use to bother me when I was younger, but after working in a betting shop for over 12 years, it does toughen you up as basically there isn't a week goes by where I end up getting a verbal bashing off a person because they didn't get to the counter to get their bet on in time.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Adrian   06 Aug 2015, 6:02 am
I always find it ironic that a person driving a vehicle covered in cameras, can take issue with someone taking photos of the said vehicle.

Jack, I wouldn't worry about taking photos of a bus before you get on it. Thankfully drivers like that are in the minority. Consider giving as good as you get, right back to them though.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   06 Aug 2015, 8:38 am
(05 Aug 2015, 10:11 pm)Tom wrote Was it this angry man?

He was a very angry man indeed.  Big Grin
Tom   06 Aug 2015, 9:19 am
(06 Aug 2015, 8:38 am)GX03 SVC wrote He was a very angry man indeed.  Big Grin

He sure is! I had him on the 43 not long a go and he is very miserable, and throws your change on the thing instead of handing it to you like most do.
MrFozz   06 Aug 2015, 10:38 am
Not as good as the verbals Malarkey and the bird from Gateshead Central Taxis in Flickr Big Grin
LeeCalder   06 Aug 2015, 4:49 pm
Freightliner Heavy Haul..... Dickheads.

They tell me that a Class 70 is running from Leeds to Tees Dock.........

BULLSHIT
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   06 Aug 2015, 4:59 pm
(06 Aug 2015, 4:49 pm)LeeCalder wrote Freightliner Heavy Haul..... Dickheads.

BULLSHIT
I had a bit more luck than you today then... A 47, 57 and 2x 67s on my travels...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
LeeCalder   06 Aug 2015, 5:18 pm
(06 Aug 2015, 4:59 pm)aureolin wrote I had a bit more luck than you today then... A 47, 57 and 2x 67s on my travels...

Oh just rub it in why don't you haha.

It's a shame we don't get loco's like this in Newcastle all that often.
omnicity4659   06 Aug 2015, 6:07 pm

BULLSHIT

Class 66Big Grin
BusLoverMum   06 Aug 2015, 6:28 pm
I have a sodding thunderbug INSIDE my sodding laptop screen.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   06 Aug 2015, 6:46 pm
(06 Aug 2015, 6:28 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I have a sodding thunderbug INSIDE my sodding laptop screen.

I once had little white insects inside my old camera screen. I actually read the above as "Thunderbird" haha.  Angel

(06 Aug 2015, 5:18 pm)LeeCalder wrote Oh just rub it in why don't you haha.

It's a shame we don't get loco's like this in Newcastle all that often.

I once had 67005 light through Metro Centre.  Tongue
DanPicken   06 Aug 2015, 7:12 pm
(06 Aug 2015, 6:46 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I once had little white insects inside my old camera screen. I actually read the above as "Thunderbird" haha.  Angel

I once had 67005 light through Metro Centre.  Tongue

I had a Class 70 just after they were put in service going through the Metrocentre on a Coal Train on a Sunday! Smile
BusLoverMum   06 Aug 2015, 10:10 pm
(06 Aug 2015, 6:46 pm)GX03 SVC wrote I once had little white insects inside my old camera screen. I actually read the above as "Thunderbird" haha.  Angel

I did tweet "Thunderbugs are go" when I was being swarmed by them, yesterday Big Grin

Well, the little blighter has finally had the sense to crawl to the side margins, so I could safely kill it and plug the laptop in, at last. I had one inside an old laptop and one of the boys saw it and splatted it - right in the middle of my screen!
alibill_36   07 Aug 2015, 12:48 am

BULLSHIT

Freightliner Intermodal.

The engine for 4N01 10.27 ex Leeds normally comes off off 4E01 ex Southampton as it did on Thursday 66501.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LeeCalder   07 Aug 2015, 7:25 am
(07 Aug 2015, 12:48 am)alibill_36 wrote Freightliner Intermodal.

The engine for 4N01 10.27 ex Leeds normally comes off off 4E01 ex Southampton as it did on Thursday 66501.

Yes I know that. But I was told by Freightliner that a 70 was operating it for only the 2nd time. However the 70 was on a later train.
mb134   07 Aug 2015, 10:20 pm
Think I need to invest in new Blu-Tack, mine is failing to attach a poster to my wall, it better hold throughout the night, as I can't be bothered to get out of bed to take it down, and if it falls down when I'm asleep... Undecided
Pages (100)    169 70 71100