Menu

Pages (100)    178 79 80100   
NK53 TKT   22 Aug 2015, 4:10 pm
(22 Aug 2015, 4:05 pm)mb134 wrote Chances are they'll be slowing down incase there are people at the stop, or to avoid running early.

They actually slow down after the stop. Once the bus stopped and the drivers had a conversation; thus, I missed my X10 connection
Malarkey   22 Aug 2015, 8:47 pm
Seeing Bazza photographing the Sunderland Team coach as walked into work at 10:50am, endlessly waving trying to get my attention.

And having to half hour in this minging weather for the 56 as the 21:11pm from SOL done a flyer.
Dan   22 Aug 2015, 9:17 pm
(22 Aug 2015, 8:47 pm)Malarkey wrote Seeing Bazza photographing the Sunderland Team coach as walked into work at 10:50am, endlessly waving trying to get my attention.

And having to half hour in this minging weather for the 56 as the 21:11pm from SOL done a flyer.

Oh shattap - I've been out in this weather since 19:00 and will be out in it for another few hours yet... [emoji14]
MrFozz   22 Aug 2015, 9:18 pm
Never again will I bet against Sunderland or Newcastle...

Despite them getting good results, they done me out of 6 n a half grand
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   22 Aug 2015, 9:19 pm
(22 Aug 2015, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote Oh shattap - I've been out in this weather since 19:00 and will be out in it for another few hours yet... [emoji14]
The weather is getting on my nerves, it has pissed down for close to 3 hours and the thunder is upsetting my dog
BusLoverMum   22 Aug 2015, 9:19 pm
I like the air clearing effects of a good thunderstorm, but after 3 hours of it, I'd like this one to just STFU, now.
NK53 TKT   22 Aug 2015, 9:22 pm
I have developed a hatred for 618
Just got home from a trip on the Q3. NSAs are silent and still have screens saying next stop Great Park Park and Ride and this confused the driver who drove into SAGE, attempted to get the Q3 that leaves at 09:33 from Brunton Lane. Turns out it runs light to Great Park so the bus does not exist.
Adam   23 Aug 2015, 11:05 am
(22 Aug 2015, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote Oh shattap - I've been out in this weather since 19:00 and will be out in it for another few hours yet... [emoji14]

Same here, from 7:30pm to 4am this morning. Was sick of getting very wet and drying off to just get wet again. Miffed ain't the word Sad
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   23 Aug 2015, 11:17 am
(23 Aug 2015, 11:05 am)Adam wrote Same here, from 7:30pm to 4am this morning. Was sick of getting very wet and drying off to just get wet again. Miffed ain't the word Sad

citaro5284 and I beat you by half an hour - 6:30pm to 3:30am..!

Had to take off my hoodie at midnight because it was that wet - was making me cold and weighing me down. Weather was alright from then onwards.
Adrian   23 Aug 2015, 11:21 am
(22 Aug 2015, 9:19 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I like the air clearing effects of a good thunderstorm, but after 3 hours of it, I'd like this one to just STFU, now.

I love a good thunderstorm. Well, when I'm not out in it at least. 

I find it quite relaxing actually!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
omnicity4659   23 Aug 2015, 11:24 am
(23 Aug 2015, 11:21 am)aureolin wrote I love a good thunderstorm. Well, when I'm not out in it at least. 

I also find it relaxing, but not last night! The lamp-post outside wasn't working so it was pitch black, with the occasional flash and thunder. Got no sleep until after 12.
MrFozz   23 Aug 2015, 11:26 am
(23 Aug 2015, 11:24 am)GX03 SVC wrote I also find it relaxing, but not last night! The lamp-post outside wasn't working so it was pitch black, with the occasional flash and thunder. Got no sleep until after 12.
Lucky you [emoji14]...I have barely had any kip for the last fortnight
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adam   23 Aug 2015, 11:31 am
(23 Aug 2015, 11:17 am)Dan wrote citaro5284 and I beat you by half an hour - 6:30pm to 3:30am..!

Had to take off my hoodie at midnight because it was that wet - was making me cold and weighing me down. Weather was alright from then onwards.

ooh, close indeed! 

I was coatless though. Does that top it? Wink
citaro5284   23 Aug 2015, 11:33 am
(23 Aug 2015, 11:31 am)Adam wrote ooh, close indeed! 

I was coatless though. Does that top it? Wink

Err no....so was I

Shirt and High Viz Vest only.
MurdnunoC   23 Aug 2015, 11:43 am
(23 Aug 2015, 11:21 am)aureolin wrote I love a good thunderstorm. Well, when I'm not out in it at least. 

Yeah, I do too. I was out driving in it last night. Saw loads of flashes but had my music blasting so I couldn't hear the thunder. It wasn't until the rain came down heavily I twigged what was going on.
omnicity4659   23 Aug 2015, 12:01 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 11:43 am)MurdnunoC wrote Yeah, I do too. I was out driving in it last night. Saw loads of flashes but had my music blasting so I couldn't hear the thunder. It wasn't until the rain came down heavily I twigged what was going on.

Did you think you were being photographed, like?  Tongue
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   23 Aug 2015, 12:34 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 12:01 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Did you think you were being photographed, like?  Tongue

Nah. I sometimes suffer from flashbacks. It was from my time serving in 'Nam back in '69. I thought it was one of those.
Malarkey   23 Aug 2015, 1:03 pm

Quite different when you have been on your constantly feet for more than 10 Hours and your absolutely knackered though, didnt mind the rain, I just didnt like the thought of waiting 25 Minutes for the 56, having finished work slightly later than planned due other members of staff finishing at 7pm or before leaving us short staffed, and then leaving us tidy everything up etc which again took even longer than was originally thought.
Dan   23 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 1:03 pm)Malarkey wrote Quite different when you have been on your constantly feet for more than 10 Hours and your absolutely knackered though, didnt mind the rain, I just didnt like the thought of waiting 25 Minutes for the 56, having finished work slightly later than planned due other members of staff finishing at 7pm or before leaving us short staffed, and then leaving us tidy everything up etc which again took even longer than was originally thought.

I walked 15,000 steps from 18:30 (when citaro5284 picked me up) to 03:30 and half of that was in a thunder storm - you're getting no pity from me..! Given that I'd woken up early doors the day before, I was up for a good 20-21 hours before actually getting three hours sleep.

I too was constantly on my feet - climbing on and off buses and up and down stairs on 16 Fab56 Volvo B9s to check Next Stop Announcement screens and audio volume at midnight was perhaps the most difficult part!
MrFozz   23 Aug 2015, 1:17 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 12:34 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Nah. I sometimes suffer from flashbacks. It was from my time serving in 'Nam back in '69. I thought it was one of those.

Those days from Da Nang and Saigon during the Tet Offensive coming back to haunt you
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   23 Aug 2015, 1:29 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 1:17 pm)MrFozz wrote Those days from Da Nang and Saigon during the Tet Offensive coming back to haunt you

Nah. Just the copious amount of army-grade acid I was forced to take during my time there. Apocalypse Now is like the story of my life.
Adrian   23 Aug 2015, 1:35 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 1:03 pm)Malarkey wrote Quite different when you have been on your constantly feet for more than 10 Hours and your absolutely knackered though, didnt mind the rain, I just didnt like the thought of waiting 25 Minutes for the 56, having finished work slightly later than planned due other members of staff finishing at 7pm or before leaving us short staffed, and then leaving us tidy everything up etc which again took even longer than was originally thought.
(23 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm)Dan wrote I walked 15,000 steps from 18:30 (when citaro5284 picked me up) to 03:30 and half of that was in a thunder storm - you're getting no pity from me..! Given that I'd woken up early doors the day before, I was up for a good 20-21 hours before actually getting three hours sleep.

I too was constantly on my feet - climbing on and off buses and up and down stairs on 16 Fab56 Volvo B9s to check Next Stop Announcement screens and audio volume at midnight was perhaps the most difficult part!

In contrast to you both, I sat and done sod all most of the night. Well apart from the effort to get in a mates car, pick a friend up from the town, and stop off at McDonalds for a while. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Dan   23 Aug 2015, 1:36 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 1:35 pm)aureolin wrote In contrast to you both, I sat and done sod all most of the night. Well apart from the effort to get in a mates car, pick a friend up from the town, and stop off at McDonalds for a while. Big Grin

I treated myself to a Big Mac at 17:00 as preparation, not gonna lie!  Tongue
Diamond One   23 Aug 2015, 8:59 pm
(22 Aug 2015, 8:47 pm)Malarkey wrote Seeing Bazza photographing the Sunderland Team coach as walked into work at 10:50am, endlessly waving trying to get my attention.

i was meeting celebrities too plus i did went to the game yesterday i try to wish the team luck i even said to Jermaine Defoe "You better well bloody score today" and he did
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
northern156   23 Aug 2015, 10:04 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 11:33 am)citaro5284 wrote Err no....so was I

Shirt and High Viz Vest only.

Hope you had trousers on at least...!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Jimmi   24 Aug 2015, 8:24 am
One thing that annoys me slightly by having this hobby is some people seem to think I know every bus timetable inside out even though I don't, was asked what time a 5A ran to Bishop Auckland this morning but I didn't know and the response was "you should know" well I don't! The one that really annoys me is when I get asked stuff like "what time is the last 56 from Ferryhill?" how am I supposed to know that? so I'm left to viewing the timetable to get the answer to their question, why they couldn't do that is beyond me. Someone also got annoyed because I didn't know what times the train runs, although in my defence they gave me no idea of what sort of time they'd like to travel so I couldn't be bothered finding the timetable online then reading out the whole bleeding thing.

Anyone else get annoyed by this at times?
MrFozz   24 Aug 2015, 8:27 am
(23 Aug 2015, 8:59 pm)Diamond One wrote i was meeting celebrities too plus i did went to the game yesterday i try to wish the team luck i even said to Jermaine Defoe "You better well bloody score today" and he did
Name Dropper Wink
MrFozz   24 Aug 2015, 8:35 am
(24 Aug 2015, 8:24 am)Jimmi wrote One thing that annoys me slightly by having this hobby is some people seem to think I know every bus timetable inside out even though I don't, was asked what time a 5A ran to Bishop Auckland this morning but I didn't know and the response was "you should know" well I don't! The one that really annoys me is when I get asked stuff like "what time is the last 56 from Ferryhill?" how am I supposed to know that? so I'm left to viewing the timetable to get the answer to their question, why they couldn't do that is beyond me. Someone also got annoyed because I didn't know what times the train runs, although in my defence they gave me no idea of what sort of time they'd like to travel so I couldn't be bothered finding the timetable online then reading out the whole bleeding thing.

Does not bother me, as I know the buses around here...

What does annoy me is when people who dont talk to me from one week to the next ask me to find bus times for them, I do it because the being the person I am I find it hard to tell people to 'fuck off'

One request made me laugh one day, lady asked the driver what time a bus came and where from, bus driver said 'I dont know, why dont you ask him' pointing to me [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   24 Aug 2015, 8:42 am
(24 Aug 2015, 8:35 am)MrFozz wrote Does not bother me, as I know the buses around here...

What does annoy me is when people who dont talk to me from one week to the next ask me to find bus times for them, I do it because the being the person I am I find it hard to tell people to 'fuck off'

One request made me laugh one day, lady asked the driver what time a bus came and where from, bus driver said 'I dont know, why dont you ask him' pointing to me [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

The thing that irritates me about it is when I get asked and I don't know and people expect me to know when the buses should come. I don't really know what times buses run on mornings and evenings, I only really know the times during the daytime.
omnicity4659   24 Aug 2015, 8:58 am
(24 Aug 2015, 8:24 am)Jimmi wrote One thing that annoys me slightly by having this hobby is some people seem to think I know every bus timetable inside out even though I don't, was asked what time a 5A ran to Bishop Auckland this morning but I didn't know and the response was "you should know" well I don't! The one that really annoys me is when I get asked stuff like "what time is the last 56 from Ferryhill?" how am I supposed to know that? so I'm left to viewing the timetable to get the answer to their question, why they couldn't do that is beyond me. Someone also got annoyed because I didn't know what times the train runs, although in my defence they gave me no idea of what sort of time they'd like to travel so I couldn't be bothered finding the timetable online then reading out the whole bleeding thing.

Once had a teacher ask if I could help her find rail fares online, she had found £XX on 'the trainline' while she had found £XX on East Coast, she wanted me to try and find a cheaper fare...! 

I hated her so I went "TRAVEL IN FIVE MONTHS TIME! Oh, and book with East Coast".
Pages (100)    178 79 80100