Menu

Pages (102)    180 81 82102   
omnicity4659   23 Aug 2015, 4:11 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 2:35 pm)citaro5284 wrote When was this can I ask?

Last November or December.
Malarkey   23 Aug 2015, 9:32 pm
33 - Doxford International - Doxford Park Shops - Silksworth - Sunderland City Centre - Monkwearmouth - Carley Hill - Witherwack - Hylton Red House - Downhill - Boldon - York Avenue - Hedworth - Jarrow

33A - Doxford International - Doxford Park Shops - Silksworth - Sunderland City Centre - Fulwell - Boldon - York Avenue - Hedworth - Jarrow

Operating Every 15 Minutes Combined, Merging current Services 33/33A with the Short 9/X36 providing "New Cross City Links".
Michael   23 Aug 2015, 9:38 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 9:32 pm)Malarkey wrote 33 - Doxford International - Doxford Park Shops - Silksworth - Sunderland City Centre - Monkwearmouth - Carley Hill - Witherwack - Hylton Red House - Downhill - Boldon - York Avenue - Hedworth - Jarrow

33A - Doxford International - Doxford Park Shops - Silksworth - Sunderland City Centre - Fulwell - Boldon - York Avenue - Hedworth - Jarrow

Operating Every 15 Minutes Combined, Merging current Services 33/33A with the Short 9/X36 providing "New Cross City Links".

Seems the 33/33A is working but i like the idea of merging the routes.

Have you worked out what the PVR etc will be?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   23 Aug 2015, 9:51 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 9:38 pm)Michael wrote Seems the 33/33A is working but i like the idea of merging the routes.

Have you worked out what the PVR etc will be?

Not a clue, I would think around 12 to 14 Vehicles.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   23 Aug 2015, 10:04 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 9:51 pm)Malarkey wrote Not a clue, I would think around 12 to 14 Vehicles.

All branded Black Cats?

The X36 could become the X33... then that could become the "Fast Black Cats" Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   23 Aug 2015, 10:19 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 10:04 pm)Michael wrote All branded Black Cats?

The X36 could become the X33... then that could become the "Fast Black Cats" Wink

Just drop the "X" and renumber it 33 as Black Cats.
Michael   23 Aug 2015, 10:22 pm
(23 Aug 2015, 10:19 pm)Malarkey wrote Just drop the "X" and renumber it 33 as Black Cats.

Was just thinking the link to Newcastle on the X36.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   24 Aug 2015, 11:12 am
(23 Aug 2015, 10:22 pm)Michael wrote Was just thinking the link to Newcastle on the X36.

The X36 which goes to Newcastle at present would remain as it is, was also thinking of having the 135/136 operating throughout the day rather than just the evening and on sundays, replacing the 99 around Town End Farm etc, so the 99 would be like this.

99 - Seaburn - Fulwell - Southwick - Castletown - Enterprise Park - Pallion - Royal Hospital - Barnes Park - Silksworth
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   24 Aug 2015, 11:32 am
(24 Aug 2015, 11:12 am)Malarkey wrote The X36 which goes to Newcastle at present would remain as it is, was also thinking of having the 135/136 operating throughout the day rather than just the evening and on sundays, replacing the 99 around Town End Farm etc, so the 99 would be like this.

99 - Seaburn - Fulwell - Southwick - Castletown - Enterprise Park - Pallion - Royal Hospital - Barnes Park - Silksworth

The link would be lost to Sunderland on the 135/136 though.

Maybe...

99 - Silksworth - Barnes - Sunderland interchange - Royal Hospital - Pallion -  Enterprise Park - Castletown - Hylton Castle - Town End Farm - Downhill » Witherwack - Southwick - Fulwell - Seaburn - Every 30 minutes - using B10's - "Black Cats"

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   24 Aug 2015, 11:47 am
(23 Aug 2015, 9:32 pm)Malarkey wrote 33 - Doxford International - Doxford Park Shops - Silksworth - Sunderland City Centre - Monkwearmouth - Carley Hill - Witherwack - Hylton Red House - Downhill - Boldon - York Avenue - Hedworth - Jarrow

I tried to work out the PVR's for these routes, this is what i got:

33 - 5 PVR
33A - 5 PVR

Honestly, i think i've worked it out wrong.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
R852 PRG   24 Aug 2015, 2:51 pm
Service 123 - Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station to Newcastle Airport; as direct as possible and non-stop. Hourly at first and if justifiable, increased to every 30 minutes. To serve as a direct competitor with the Tyne & Wear Metro; a bit of a spin-off of the ''Airlink'' 100 by Lothian Buses.
Malarkey   24 Aug 2015, 3:31 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 2:51 pm)R852 PRG wrote Service 123 - Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station to Newcastle Airport; as direct as possible and non-stop. Hourly at first and if justifiable, increased to every 30 minutes. To serve as a direct competitor with the Tyne & Wear Metro; a bit of a spin-off of the ''Airlink'' 100 by Lothian Buses.
I think starting at Central Station and then picking up at Haymarket before going Non-Stop to Newcastle Airport would be better.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   24 Aug 2015, 3:46 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 3:31 pm)Malarkey wrote I think starting at Central Station and then picking up at Haymarket before going Non-Stop to Newcastle Airport would be better.

I've taken inspiration from one of yours and devised what I personally think is the most direct and cost effective service that Go North East can offer;

Newcastle - Regent Centre - Bedlington - Ashington - Blyth - Whitley Bay - North Shields - (onto the ferry) - South Shields - Sunderland - Peterlee - Middlesbrough - Sedgefield - Durham - Arnison Centre - Chester-le-Street - Stanley - Consett - Hexham - Newcastle Airport. During which time some passengers would have otherwise landed in New York.
omnicity4659   24 Aug 2015, 3:53 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 3:46 pm)R852 PRG wrote I've taken inspiration from one of yours and devised what I personally think is the most direct and cost effective service that Go North East can offer;

Newcastle - Regent Centre - Bedlington - Ashington - Blyth - Whitley Bay - North Shields - (onto the ferry) - South Shields - Sunderland - Peterlee - Middlesbrough - Sedgefield - Durham - Arnison Centre - Chester-le-Street - Stanley - Consett - Hexham - Newcastle Airport. During which time some passengers would have otherwise landed in New York.

Between the Shields why not the Tunnel? 

I wanted to claw my eyes out when doing South Shields to Ashington via ferry, 19 and X21. I'd say that would take about 5 hours?
South Tyne Lad   24 Aug 2015, 4:38 pm
Or how about....

Service A1 South Sheilds Town Centre - Westoe - Chichester - Boldon Lane - Tyne Dock Metro - Tyne Dock - Simonside - Edinburgh Road Shops - Fellgate Metro - Wardley - Heworth Interchange - Gateshead Interchange - Central Station - Monument - Kingston Park Shops - Callerton Parkway - Newcastle Airport

Starting from South Sheilds to provide a link to Newcastle Airport from there and offering a faster, more direct service to Newcastle City Centre
Then serving Tyne Dock Simonside , and Brockely Whins ( Edinburgh Road Shops ) offering a limited stop service to Newcastle City Centre which was once the number 57 service and competing with the metro for a faster journey to the Airport. Once past Fellgate it will join the A194 and then A184, running limited stop with a stop in Wardley , Heworth , Gateshead , Central Station , Monument to compete with the X47 to Kingston Park, then stopping at Callerton Parkway for the Car Parks and then to the Terminal Door.

Estimated time end to end will be 1 hour and 10 mins

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
DanPicken   24 Aug 2015, 4:40 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 4:38 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Or how about....

Service A1  South Sheilds Town Centre - Westoe - Chichester - Boldon Lane - Tyne Dock Metro - Tyne Dock - Simonside - Edinburgh Road Shops - Fellgate Metro - Wardley - Heworth Interchange - Gateshead Interchange - Central Station - Monument - Kingston Park Shops - Callerton Parkway - Newcastle Airport

Starting from South Sheilds to provide a link to Newcastle Airport from there and offering a faster, more direct service to Newcastle City Centre
Then serving Tyne Dock Simonside , and Brockely Whins ( Edinburgh Road Shops ) offering a limited stop service to Newcastle City Centre which was once the number 57 service and competing with the metro for a faster journey to the Airport.  Once past Fellgate it will join the A194 and then A184, running limited stop with a stop in Wardley , Heworth , Gateshead , Central Station , Monument to compete with the X47 to Kingston Park, then stopping at Callerton Parkway for the Car Parks and then to the Terminal Door.

Estimated time end to end will be 1 hour and 10 mins

I like this but at Brockley Whins it should serve Inverness Road just for me.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   24 Aug 2015, 4:56 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 3:46 pm)R852 PRG wrote I've taken inspiration from one of yours and devised what I personally think is the most direct and cost effective service that Go North East can offer;

Missed out Darlington, Lambton & Washington Galleries  Tongue
MrFozz   24 Aug 2015, 5:35 pm
New 203

Doxford International-Houghton-Rainton Bridge-Hetton-Murton-Dalton Park-Cold Heseldon-Easington-Peterlee

Doxford and Rainton would only be served at peak times

It opens up new connections for people  who live in East Durham who work at Doxford or Rainton...

Modified 61

Same between Park Lane and Murton Woods Terrace, then Cornwall Estate-Mann Crescent-Burnip Road-Barnes Road-Wellfield Road

New 62

Sunderland-Grangetown-Ryhope-Seaham Coast Road-Byron Place-Fox Cover-Dalton Park-Murton-Williams Road-Station Road-Station Estate

Service 61 and 62 would interwork with each other on a loop

Frequency on 61 would drop to every 20 minutes and New 62 would be every 20 minutes to give Murton a 10 minute frequency to Sunderland

Modified X1

One bus an hour extended to Dalton Park on a trial basis

Modified X36

Sunderland-Grangetown-Ryhope-A19-Dalton Park-Easington Colliery-Horden-Blackhall-Hartlepool

Modified 15/15A

As it is now to Consett with 1 bus an hour extended to Hexham

Will knock a timetable later of how I think it would look
omnicity4659   24 Aug 2015, 5:57 pm
Q1/Q2 "Quaylink": Ashington - Bedlington - Blyth - Newsham - Sandringham Drive - Seaton Delaval - Whitley Bay - Tynemouth - North Shields - Royal Quays - Cobalt - Northumberland Park - Cramlington - East Cramlington Hospital - Northumberland Park - Cobalt - Silverlink - Tyne Tunnel - Jarrow - South Shields - Brockley Whins - Whitburn - Seaburn - Roker - Roker Beach (where the 700 goes) - Stadium of Light - Sunderland - Houghton - Hetton - Durham - Chester-le-Street - Stanley - Annfield Plain - Lanchester - Durham - Ushaw Moor - Durham - Arnison Centre - Durham Cathedral - non-stop to - Birtley - Barley Mow (The Drive) - Washington - Concord - Wrekenton - Leam Lane - Heworth - Felling - Gateshead - MetroCentre - Rowlands Gill - Stanley - non-stop to - Dunston - Teams - Gateshead College - The Quays - Central Station - Quayside Law Courts - St Peters Basin - Quayside Millennium Bridge - Haymarket - Barras Bridge - Gosforth High Street - Regent Centre - Great Park Sir Bobby Robson Way - Great Park Park and Ride - Great Park Waggonway Drive
NK53 TKT   24 Aug 2015, 5:59 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 5:57 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Q1/Q2 "Quaylink": Ashington - Bedlington - Blyth - Newsham - Sandringham Drive - Seaton Delaval - Whitley Bay - Tynemouth - North Shields - Tyne Tunnel - Jarrow - South Shields - Whitburn - Seaburn - Roker - Roker Beach (where the 700 goes) - Stadium of Light - Sunderland - Houghton - Hetton - Durham - Chester-le-Street - Stanley - Annfield Plain - Lanchester - Durham - Ushaw Moor - Durham - Arnison Centre - Durham Cathedral - non-stop to - Barley Mow (The Drive) - Washington - Concord - Wrekenton - Leam Lane - Heworth - Felling - Gateshead - MetroCentre - Dunston - Teams - Gateshead College - The Quays - Central Station - Quayside Law Courts - St Peters Basin - Quayside Millennium Bridge - Haymarket - Barras Bridge - Gosforth High Street - Regent Centre - Great Park Sir Bobby Robson Way - Great Park Park and Ride - Great Park Waggonway Drive
Tongue  I personally find that concept quite appealing; having a bus that terminates at my house going to Blyth, Durham, Lanchester and Sunderland
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   24 Aug 2015, 6:00 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 5:57 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Q1/Q2 "Quaylink": Ashington - Bedlington - Blyth - Newsham - Sandringham Drive - Seaton Delaval - Whitley Bay - Tynemouth - North Shields - Tyne Tunnel - Jarrow - South Shields - Whitburn - Seaburn - Roker - Roker Beach (where the 700 goes) - Stadium of Light - Sunderland - Houghton - Hetton - Durham - Chester-le-Street - Stanley - Annfield Plain - Lanchester - Durham - Ushaw Moor - Durham - Arnison Centre - Durham Cathedral - non-stop to - Barley Mow (The Drive) - Washington - Concord - Wrekenton - Leam Lane - Heworth - Felling - Gateshead - MetroCentre - Dunston - Teams - Gateshead College - The Quays - Central Station - Quayside Law Courts - St Peters Basin - Quayside Millennium Bridge - Haymarket - Barras Bridge - Gosforth High Street - Regent Centre - Great Park Sir Bobby Robson Way - Great Park Park and Ride - Great Park Waggonway Drive

You missed out Brockley Whins this would be a great service a bus from mine to Lee and Davies.
MrFozz   24 Aug 2015, 6:01 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 5:59 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [emoji14]  I personally find that concept quite appealing; having a bus that terminates at my house going to Blyth, Durham, Lanchester and Sunderland
You would need a fortnights holiday to get from one end to the other lol
DanPicken   24 Aug 2015, 6:04 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 5:59 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Tongue  I personally find that concept quite appealing; having a bus that terminates at my house going to Blyth, Durham, Lanchester and Sunderland

I'd love a bus like that at mine ideal service the North East Circular for Tacho reasons it would probably be Q1-Q4 Clockwise and Q5-Q8 anti-clockwise.
omnicity4659   24 Aug 2015, 6:09 pm
Not mentioning the services that will merge or partly merge with the new and improved Quaylink! 
Q1, Q2, Q3, 9, 19, 309, 310, 20, X31, X30, 8, 78, X70, X71, X66 etc

Every 15 minutes
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   24 Aug 2015, 6:11 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 6:09 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Not mentioning the services that will merge or partly merge with the new and improved Quaylink! 
Q1, Q2, Q3, 9, 19, 309, 310, 20, X31, X30, 8, 78, X70, X71, X66 etc

Every 15 minutes

Tweak it and it could replace part of every service.
omnicity4659   24 Aug 2015, 6:14 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 6:11 pm)DanPicken wrote Tweak it and it could replace part of every service.

I'd find it a bit difficult running a 19 while doing the 309 while doing a 9 while doing a 20 while doing a 35 while doing a Q1.  Tongue
omnicity4659   24 Aug 2015, 6:19 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 6:11 pm)DanPicken wrote Tweak it and it could replace part of every service.

Reet, I've modified it and I think the changes could have some forum members jumping for joy...  Wink
LeeCalder   24 Aug 2015, 6:25 pm
GET IN! BARLEY MOW Wink
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
omnicity4659   24 Aug 2015, 6:26 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 6:25 pm)LeeCalder wrote GET IN! BARLEY MOW Wink

With indirect links to Ashington.  Wink
MrFozz   24 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm
(24 Aug 2015, 6:19 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Reet, I've modified it and I think the changes could have some forum members jumping for joy...  Wink
Your idea is maddest journey since Malarkey proposed a service to Gretna, Annan and Dumfries Big Grin
Pages (102)    180 81 82102